Best Video Game Weapons

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
Thought this could be a cool subject to talk about on here. Everyone knows in action videogames how you equip your weapons and what you're weapons actually are matter a ton. Some videogames have much cooler weapons than others and this thread is to promote the very best of the best.

Now judging what's the best videogame weapon of course is entirely subjective however obviously your personal favorite weapons can also be the best. There's no criteria besides what you believe and the entire purpose of that is to just keep the thread fun.

As for what I consider the best videogame weapons they are as following:

The Keyblade Kingdom Hearts

This isn't your average key, nor is it your average blade. That's why it's called the keyblade. Having been made to unlock the doors to the heart, this weapon can be described in one word: powerful. This blade is customizable based upon the trinket that is attached to. Giving you more abilities and powers, as well as strength and magic boosts the keyblade has been used to take down the mightiest villains. Ranging from Final Fantasy's own Sepiroth, to the demigod Hercules, all the way to other keyblade masters this weapon has never let any wielder down. This weapon is known for it's powerful attacks, strong defensive skills, magic abilities, and the ability to be called upon whenever needed. This weapon is Sora's best friend and any weapon that can be used to open the door to your heart needs to be included on this list.

The Spinner Twilight Princess

This is one of those weapons that make the list simply because it's fun. This weapon is without a doubt the most unique weapon to ever enter a Zelda game. The boss fight that goes along with this weapon is legendary and overall this weapon reminds me of a good time. Not only did it naturally speed up Link but it also can be used for charged attacks and for bouncing around enemies quickly. This made my list of best weapons because in a game series full of various weapons this one to me stands out far more than any other weapon. Plus that boss fight might be in the top 10 most fun boss fights EVER.

Arm Cannon Metroid

Chick+Cannon Arm+Bad Guys= Badass Weapon and game. for my first few weapons I wanted to include a blade ( was between three) a unique weapon, and a projectile weapon. The blade was a big toss up so I picked my personal favorite just due to its versatility, the spinner was also debatable however I've been watching Zelda speedruns lately and was in a Zelda mood, the cannon arm made it without any thought. This weapon has been used several times and tis arm is fun. Samus is a kickass character and her arm is iconinc. There you go.

I'll add more as I feel like it. I have a few others that came to mind quickly but I'll see if others put them on here first.

Good thread idea. Here's the first weapon that comes to my mind:

Spread Gun - Contra

The best weapon in the game. The fired projectile splits into 4 or 5 "bullets," allowing you to kill more than one enemy with each shot fired and dramatically increasing your spread. This is your weapon of choice for Contra.

Gold PP7 - Goldeneye

This was a favorite of mine.... It had the power to kill any of the normal enemies in one shot and could fire faster than the Golden Gun. Now if only there had been a gun as powerful in the game as the Gold PP7 but could fire as fast as the D5K, RCP90, or the AR33.... That would have been awesome.

Buster Sword - Final Fantasy 7

Yeah, you knew that one was coming. Cloud's iconic sword from FF7 is as cool to this day as it was the first time I played the game way back in 1997. I've always been fascinated by swords, but few look as cool as this one does. Cloud wouldn't be Cloud without the Buster Sword.

Jak II and III-Morph Gun

Morph_Gun_Jak_II.png

Its a gun that when you add an attachment it turns into a different weapon.

Red=Crowd control like a shotgun
Yellow= Power and speed like an assault rifle
Blue= Really fast like a submachine gun or minigun
Purple= Really powerful like a grenade or rocket launcher.

In three you got more upgrades for each colour but it was basically the same sort of thing.

I really liked it because it was a creative way of using the same gun with different attributes instead of having loads of different guns.

I'm going to add another to my list as I was thinking about it after doing a bit of gaming last night and feel like it needed a shout-out.

Red Turtle Shell---Any game that includes Mario in any fashion

This isn't the most powerful, or the biggest, or the shinest, but it's one of the most consistent and deadly weapons in Mario Universes. It has a lock on targeting system whenever you're racing, a boomerang like back swing whenever you're Super Smash Bros. Playing, in Mario universes it can take down many a Gumba, and in general it's an intriguing weapon. It has been in a lot of various games and it doesn't usually get its credit being a lot simpler than a few other weapons, but with it's lock-on and just originality it goes down for one of my best.

Good thread idea. Here's the first weapon that comes to my mind:

Spread Gun - Contra

The best weapon in the game. The fired projectile splits into 4 or 5 "bullets," allowing you to kill more than one enemy with each shot fired and dramatically increasing your spread. This is your weapon of choice for Contra.

Good call.

How about the BFG 9000.

Awesome weapon. Fun to mess around in Doom with it. It was just a shame it used so much plasma ammo. The nice thing about this gun is it can take out a huge room of little guys, one bad mother, or a mixture of both.

Scorpion's Spear

The most popular Mortal Kombat weapon with an iconic catchphrase coined along with it. A razor sharp kunai attached to the end of a rope that appears from Scorpion's hand, is thrown across the screen, and viciously embeds itself into the chest of his opponent. Scorpion then wrenches his dazed opponent towards him for a free hit while he screams out "GET OVER HERE!". Pure awesome.

Scorpion_Get_over_here!.gif

Kung Lao's Hat

Inspired by Oddjob from Goldfinger. A razor rimmed hat that's thrown across the screen to slice and dice opponents, and even cut off their heads. A devastating weapon with some gruesome fatalities. The second most popular Mortal Kombat weapon.

kung-lao-fatality-o.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back