• Mr. Perfect- Perfect Plex

• Goldberg- Jackhammer

• Al Snow- Snowplow

• Chris Benoit- Snap Suplex

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

nightmare

...7, 8, Better stay up late...
in the past we have seen hundreds of different suplex variations from the jackhammer to the tazzplex. each performed with a diferent 'twist' if you will, setting that wrestler apart from others. some, like eddie guerrero, executed fantastic 'brain-buster' suplexes, while others perfected german suplexes, much like kurt angle. through tables, off ladders etc... location helped shape the variations as well.

this post is to see what your favorite\most memorable\best executed suplex variations are. it could be an overall use of the move, or simply a single match that someone hit the move in a memorable way.

1) Kurt Angle - German Suplex perfected (hooked or unhooked), the guy is well... not a guy, he's a fn machine, not to mention he can pull off just about ANY suplex as well as he can the German

2) Scott Steiner - Belly To Belly, can still do it but back in the day his belly to belly looked like a fn powerslam from hell, they will be missed, except by the wrestlers on the receiving end ofcourse

3) Curt Hennig - Pefectplex (Fishermans Suplex) what else can ya say other than it was absolutely perfect? or at least it looked that way when he did it

I do believe this counts as a suplex: R-Truth's Vertical Suplex Stunner. I believe he has preformed the move once or twice in WWE and I know he reguarly preformed the move while he was in TNA. I really like the move because a) I like both the Suplex and Stunner and the move is a combination of them both and b) R-Truth excecutes the move really well. It is such a high impact move and looks like it would really hurt and it is like no other move.

electro- good chioce, havent seen that one in a while.

also an honorable mention for the most massive suplex in history goes to brock lesnar. the superplex on big show was fantastic. watching the replay in slow motion is great cuz u see the ring bounce& implode on itself with the impact.

Im gonna have to say the Dragon suplex. Not only did it look just painful, but every time i saw it done, i was fairly sure that the person who took it had a broken neck after. Thats mine opinion though.

The best suplex in the business that I ever saw belonged to none other than the Dynamite Kid himself, who used the snap suplex before Benoit did. There is no offense intended whatsoever to the version performed by benoit, but I remember watching Dynamite's version, and the speed and intensity of his snap suplex used to make me cringe in pain just to watch it executed on a performer. The technique used in executing this particular manuever is probably at least part of the reason(rampant steroid abuse nonwithstanding) why Mr. Billington is in a wheelchair today. All I can tell you is that when I ever saw that performed on a guy, I know that it had to hurt like hell to be on the recieving end of one. Even if you know how to take a bump.

Deffo agree with Dynamite Kid's snap suplex, it was just f'n brutal. To include the Benoit one when that was, IMO, a pale imitation of what Dynamite delivered when he did it, is just wrong.

Saying that though, I still mark out for the old school Steiner stuff.

Also was a huge fan of the British Bulldogs standing vertical suplex as was always impressive when he held the Warlord up there for bloody ages

I voted for the german suplex, however I am in between with the belly to belly (not the crappy way that does Swagger, but rather the Angle/Lesnar/Steiner one). For both of these variations of suplex you need ALOT of strenght. When I was a kid I try to do all those suplex, the back suplex is the easiest but this two are impossible. I think that's why only some wrestlers can do that. But why the Angle german suplex, I think it was also a very good onde the Benoit german suplex.

I'm gonna put this one out there. DH Smith. His delayed vertical suplex is amazing. He gets awesome elevation and the fact that he can hold his opponent up in the air for 10-15 seconds shows amazing strength. For me, the German/belly-to-belly suplex isn't really a suplex. It's more of a throw that got called a suplex at one point or another. For that reason, my choice for best suplex goes to David Hart Smith.

I am going with a suplex from Taz, the Human Suplex Machine himself.

It just looked devastating, and broke several wrestlers necks, when executed every so slightly wrong.

Kurt Angle and his german suplex run a close second though

Taz spent a career introducing the United states to several variations of suplexes not seen before... his basics are Belly to belly, waistlocks and germans... But he also Busted out the Dragon suplex, hardway Half nelson suplex, Tiger suplex, Reverse Tiger, Sambo Suplex, T-bone or the more fall away slam looking Table top suplex, Inverted Vertical suplex.

Chris Benoit use to do a Locomotive German suplex that ended with a Dragon Suplex...

I'm going for Other: Eddie Guerrero's Three Amigos Suplex.

When he popped off the hat trick, it was so slick and technically sound. Three consecutive suplexes man he just made it look beautiful. To me Angle's German Suplexes didn't look very met-technician like but more of a brawler's move (you can see that in most school fights minus the trauma to the head). But Guerrero's Suplex was smooth like water, and should deserve a mention for how graceful it was always executed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back