Best Two: Super Bowls

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
I've already listed my favorite teams, and people have been slow to follow suit, to put it nicely. So, I'm changing it up a little. Post what you think the two greatest Super Bowls are, and why.

I think the greatest Super Bowl ever, and my personal favorite, is Super Bowl XLII, between the New England Patriots, and the New York Giants. The game had storylines (New England going for undefeated), it had big plays ("The Catch"), it had big names (Brady, Moss, Manning, Strahan). It was suspenseful from the opening kickoff to the final second. It was also one of the few Super Bowls in recent memory that didn't feature about 5 officiating foul-ups. As a Giants fan, it'll always rank up there for me, but just about everyone has called this the greatest Super Bowl ever.

I think the second greatest Super Bowl ever, was Super Bowl XXXIV, between the St. Louis Rams, and the Tennessee Titans. The build up to the game was amazing, and it all centered around Kurt Warner, and the "Greatest Show On Turf". The Rams were a horrible team very recently, and turned their franchise around very quickly to get to the Super Bowl. The Titans were picked by practically no one to be there. The game as a whole was only slightly above average, but the game became so much bigger than it was as soon as Dyson stretched for the endzone and came up just this short.

My 2nd favorite would have to be Super Bowl XXV between the New York Giants and Buffalo Bills. This was during the Gulf War and patriotism was on full display with Whitney Houston spectacularly singing the National Anthem. The game was great and all came down to Scott Norwood barely missing a 47-yard goal to give New York the victory.

My all-time favorite is Super Bowl XIII between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Dallas Cowboys. Terry Bradshaw broke Super Bowl records passing for 318 yards and throwing 3 touchdowns. What this Super Bowl is most famous for is Cowboy's TE Jackie Smith dropping a pass in the endzone that would have tied the game at 21-21. Even though he's in the Hall of Fame, Smith is mainly remembered for that one blunder.

Reactions: NSL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back