Best Two: New York Football Giants

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
The "Tri Top" threads are taking over the Music and Movies sections, so I figured I'd give it a shot here. Basically, what are the two best games, or your two favorite games, played by whatever team the thread is about. My favorite football team is the Giants, so I'll start there, and add more if there's any measure of success.

080114_New_York_Giants_logo.jpg

My all-time favorite game played by the Giants, is Super Bowl XLII. It may be because of how fresh it is in my memory, but it was still a great game. It started slow, and continued to build up to the final drive. Both teams played great, and you could sense at halftime, that this game was special. You had New England going for 19-0, and you had the udnerdog Giants. You had Brady and Moss, and you had Osi and Strahan. There was "the catch" by David Tyree. There was Brady getting manhandled all over the field. It was great.

My second favorite game, is from the 2000 NFC Championship Game against the Minnesota Vikings. By the end of the first quarter, the score was 24-0, and you knew the game was going to only get uglier. Minnesota came in to the game at 11-5, with the offensive juggernaut that was Culpepper, Moss, Carter, Reed, and Smith. They had John Randle on defense. They were everyone's favorites to win the Super Bowl, and then...the Giants beat them at their own game. Suddenly it was about Collins, Toomer, Hilliard, and Barber. It changed the entire playoff scene that year. It does help that it's my favorite team winning in a 41-0 trouncing.

EDIT: I got the Vikes record wrong...It's fixed now.

The "Tri Top" threads are taking over the Music and Movies sections, so I figured I'd give it a shot here. Basically, what are the two best games, or your two favorite games, played by whatever team the thread is about. My favorite football team is the Giants, so I'll start there, and add more if there's any measure of success.

My all-time favorite game played by the Giants, is Super Bowl XLII. It may be because of how fresh it is in my memory, but it was still a great game. It started slow, and continued to build up to the final drive. Both teams played great, and you could sense at halftime, that this game was special. You had New England going for 19-0, and you had the udnerdog Giants. You had Brady and Moss, and you had Osi and Strahan. There was "the catch" by David Tyree. There was Brady getting manhandled all over the field. It was great.

My second favorite game, is from the 2000 NFC Divisional Playoff Round against the Minnesota Vikings. By the end of the first quarter, the score was 24-0, and you knew the game was going to only get uglier. Minnesota came in to the game at 15-1, with the offensive juggernaut that was Culpepper, Moss, Carter, Reed, and Smith. They had John Randle on defense. They were everyone's favorites to win the Super Bowl, and then...the Giants beat them at their own game. Suddenly it was about Collins, Toomer, Hilliard, and Barber. It changed the entire playoff scene that year. It does help that it's my favorite team winning in a 41-0 trouncing.

Actually in 2000 the Vikings went 11-5. The year they went 15-1 was in 1998 and they lost to Atlanta in the NFC championship game. Oh and from a Vikings fan perspective on that 2000 NFC championship game, that was just straight ugly. I actually turned the TV off after the Giants initially scored a touchdown with ease and then the Vikes fumbled away the following kickoff. I didn't care, I knew how the game was going to end up after that. Kudos to the Giants though for whooping up on one purple team and then getting curb stomped by the other one in the Super Bowl that year.

Ah yes Super Bowl XLII. Great game all around. At first I was rooting for the Patriots because I wanted to see Moss finally get a ring. But I thought about it, and switched to the Giants midway through the second quarter. I'm not a fan of either team so I didn't care really. I especially enjoyed Brady getting thrown into the ground over and over again, that was probably the best strategy the Giants could have used. I'm still baffled on how Manning got away from that sack and got it to Tyree, let alone how the hell Tyree held on to that thing.

Reactions: NSL

My second favorite game, is from the 2000 NFC Divisional Playoff Round against the Minnesota Vikings. By the end of the first quarter, the score was 24-0, and you knew the game was going to only get uglier. Minnesota came in to the game at 11-5, with the offensive juggernaut that was Culpepper, Moss, Carter, Reed, and Smith. They had John Randle on defense. They were everyone's favorites to win the Super Bowl, and then...the Giants beat them at their own game. Suddenly it was about Collins, Toomer, Hilliard, and Barber. It changed the entire playoff scene that year. It does help that it's my favorite team winning in a 41-0 trouncing.

EDIT: I got the Vikes record wrong...It's fixed now.

I hate nitpicking and don't take any offense NSL, but it was the 2000 NFC Championship game that year. I just noticed this after reading your edit. Sorry I missed it the first time.

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of the divisional round in 2000.

2008/09 a different story.

Anywho, as a big Giants hater I refuse to go into great depths, but the two most memorable to me has to be the last two Super Bowl wins, Scott Norwood's miss and defeating New England.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back