Best Two: Dallas Cowboys

Pimpin

Resident Hip Hop Junkie
I'm sure many of you are well aware that I am a Cowboys fan even though I live in San Diego. Anyways moving on I have decided to do a Best Two series on the Cowboys not just cause they are my favorite team & are the most valuable sports franchise in the United States but cause not many teams can top the impact that they have made in the NFL & they have provided us fans some very great moments in the NFL.

October 27th 2002: Seahawks vs Cowboys- Ah yes I cosider this one of the proudest days in my life as I was in attendance at Texas Stadium when Emmitt Smith broke Walter Payton's rushing record to become the NFL's all time leading rusher. Even thought the Cowboys lost that day & that season was a season to forget. It was Emmitt Smith's accomplishment that makes this game make my Best Two list.

January 28th 1996: Super Bowl XXX. Cowboys vs Steelers- This game had emotion as at that time we had never beaten the Steelers in the Super Bowl & we was just getting our core players back from injurys. We had the great Troy Aikman who just made the pro bowl surpass over 3,300 yards, the great Emmitt Smith winning his fourth rushing title & the great Michael Irvin surpassing just over 1,600 yards receiving. The game itself proved to be exciting as the Cowboys defense was solid throughout the game. This game also was the first game to have The Lombardi Trophy presented to the owner on the field(a practice that is used to this day).

The catch When Joe Montana threw the ball to Dwight Clark, it looked as if the ball would go long. but Joe was great. He threw it where his guy could get it, and Clark made the play of a lifetime. What pure greatness. It sunk the hated Cowboys, and began an era of greatness. The 49ers of the 80's were everything the Cowboys ever wanted to be, and it started on this day.

Week 17 of the 2008-09 Season In what amounted to a play-in game for the NFC playoffs, the Cowboys who were a lock early in the year, feel behind by 30+ points. It only got better in the second half. Better if you hate the Cowboys. They lost by 40+ points and embarrassed an entire nation of band wagoning fans and making the real fans drop their Miller Lite and cry. Being in a room full of Cowboy fans during this game was great, and wil always be one of my favorite Cowboy memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back