Best Two: Carolina Panthers

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Carolina-Panthers-Logo.gif

I'll start this one for Will, since he misunderstood the last thread, and I feel bad that he wasted all that typing. This thread will be for his, and anyone else's, two favorite games played by the Carolina Panthers.

I don't know many myself, so I'll stick with one that he had listed, and that was the Super Bowl against the Patriots. While I don't quite share his enthusiasm for the game, it was a great game, with a solid finish. No one expected the game to be competitive, and they got the exact opposite. Delhomme was at his best, and Carolina's defense was still at the top of the NFL world.

Since this is "Best Two", and not "Best Game NSL Can Think Of", I'll add one more. The second game against the Buccaneers this past season. It may not be an all time great game, but the Panthers showed Tampa how to play their own brand of football. They ran the ball for well over 300 yards, and there wasn't a thing Tampa could do to stop them.

That is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Since this is "Best Two", and not "Best Game NSL Can Think Of", I'll add one more. The second game against the Buccaneers this past season. It may not be an all time great game, but the Panthers showed Tampa how to play their own brand of football. They ran the ball for well over 300 yards, and there wasn't a thing Tampa could do to stop them.

I loved that game as well, especially since they "spanked" us something like 27-3 the first meeting of last season. I truly enjoyed that game because it was the game that really told the world our running duo was a force to be met with.

DeAngelo Williams rushed for like 186 yds, and 2 TDs.. while Jonathan Stewart matched his 100, with 115 of his own and 2 TDs as well. Not to be out-done, but Steve Smith also had 117 and a TD. So all in all, it was an amazing game for our Offense as a whole.

However, my two personal favorites would be from the 2003-2004 Season, because I felt that was truly the defining moment that made Carolina a reasonable team and not just a fluke. It always seemed after the following two games, and season in general, that each year thereafter (minus this previous one) Carolina had always been mentioned for a play-off push, and even another Superbowl run.

January 10th, 2004: Divisional Round Match-up: Carolina Panthers @ St. Louis Rams: Being a huge Carolina Panther's fan, arguably my All-Time Favorite game would be their 2003-04 Divisional Playoff Game against the St. Louis Rams.

The game went to TWO Overtimes, and had missed FGs on both sides that could've easily caused heart-attacks everywhere. In the end, it was an exciting catch and run by Steve Smith that sealed the deal for the Panthers, on-route to the Superbowl that year. The final score was 29-23.

I remember this game more than any other because it was so electric and so heart-pounding. When St. Louis battled back to tie the game, I hated it as much as possible. Then again, when it looked all but sure that they'd get a chip-in FG, only to miss it. The game is quite possibly one of the best of all time, in my books.

February 1st, 2004: Superbowl XXXVIII: New England Patriots vs. Carolina Panthers: This would arguably be my second favorite all-time Carolina Panthers game. Yes, yes, they lost. But the fact remains it was one of the most exciting Superbowls in the history of the sport.

Carolina was as under-dog as under-dog could be, and somehow New England wasn't nearly as thought of to be dominate, like they're now considered to be from that time. It was a very great match-up, that for the first half of the game showed nice displays from both Defenses, and in the second-half showed an even more electric display of Offenses.

If it wasn't for 1 botched Kickoff, that went out of bounds.. Carolina and New England would've made history for the Superbowl, as they would've been the only two teams to play to a tie, and be forced to go to Overtime. Alas, that wouldn't be the way fate would have it.. and the Pats would go on to win it with a reliable kicker, who did his job correctly.

I still love John Kasey, but dammit man.. kick the fucking ball straight. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back