Best TV match of all time

Hulk Hogan's Brother

Stop asking me what I'm gonna do!!!
There have been at least two or three extremely good TV matches already in this year in the WWE. I particularly enjoyed Morrison vs Miz in a Falls Counts Anywhere match from the first Raw of the year and Randy Orton vs Christian on Smackdown.

So I want to ask you which match, in your opinion, is the greatest TV/non-PPV match of all time. My choices are:

1. Steve Austin vs Chris Benoit Smackdown May, 2001.

[YOUTUBE]SVW2DHIVpgw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]-E81PjYOTkc[/YOUTUBE]

2. Steve Austin vs Kurt Angle Raw, January 2001( last Raw before Royal Rumble)

[YOUTUBE]faSSuS61MIo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Zf_iWmBdU2o[/YOUTUBE]

3. Eddie Guerrero vs JBL Steel Cage match, Smackdown 2004.

[YOUTUBE]_jEWW0_Id7M[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]t3GUm79WMv4[/YOUTUBE]

Try providing videos if possible.

Eddie vs. Rey - SmackDown, June '05

Rey vs. Orton - SmackDown, April '06

Benoit vs. Austin - SmackDown, June '01

Bret vs. Hakushi - Raw, July '95

Michaels vs. Cena - Raw, April '07

Just a few that immediately stick out to me. There are plenty of great choices though.

Shelton Benjamin vs. Shawn Michaels, RAW, May 2005

The Forgotten TLC - TLC III: Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit vs. The Dudley Boys vs. Edge and Christian vs The Hardy Boyz, Smackdown!, May 2001

Just about any John Morrison match on ECW, Superstars, or Smackdown! in 2009.

Shawn vs Cena after Wrestlemania. Any of the best of 5 series between the MCMG and Beer Money.

Ones that I can think of...

I think there was a brilliant Swagger/Cena one

Also Cena/Michaels

Not sure on the date but it was in 1987 and Barry Windham challenged Flair for the title back in a 45 minute epic. Absolute classic.

I was thinking about this the other day. Here are my favourites:

HHH v J2J. Carnt member the year. Was when Jericho "won" the title from Trips and HHH had Hebner reverse the desision. Loved it.

The Undertaker v Jeff Hardy, ladder match for the IC title (i think).

Cena V HBK

HBK V Shelton Bejamin. The match where Shelton jumped from the top rope and HBK super kicked him in mid air. Fuckin awesome.

Rey Mysterio v JoMo on Smackdown for the IC title where JoMo won. (This is my favourite TV match of all time).

Uh, are you all fucking stupid?

Shawn Micheals Vs Shelton Benjamin, Gold Rush Tournament....200...3? I wanna say?

and yes, HBK Vs Cena in London

Uh, are you all fucking stupid?
Shawn Micheals Vs Shelton Benjamin, Gold Rush Tournament....200...3? I wanna say?
I think that was either really late 04 or really early 05. I know Benjamin hadn't gotten his push until shortly after Wrestlemania XX.

Anyway, my picks (trying to not state anything that was already said):

Benoit vs Cena
Benoit vs Lesnar
Mysterio vs Lesnar

All of these happened on Smackdown late 2003 and I think they're all pretty underrated.

Jericho and Punk also had some pretty good tv matches in 08.

Out of the ones that haven't been mentioned yet

Jericho/Benoit vs HHH/Austin in 2001
Edge vs Eddie No DQ from SD 2002
Edge vs Kurt Angle Cage SD 2002
Angle vs Lesnar Iron Man SD 2003
HHH vs HBK Raw 2004 (or possibly late 2003)

Dude, there have been some really good tv matches. I cannot even begin to put them all down because I cannot remember them all.

Here are some off of the top of my head:

John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels on Raw (they had several awesome matches on Raw. I can remember atleast 3).

John Cena vs. Jack Swagger (they have had 2 or 3 matches but one of them especially was amazing).

Rey Mysterio vs. John Morrison (that match they had on Smackdown for the IC title).

John Morrison vs. Edge on Smackdown back in 2009 or 2010.

CM Punk vs. Kane on ECW back in 2008 or 2009.

There were some amazing tlc matches on tv but I don't remember much about them. One or two of them were on the Ladder match dvd.

Randy Orton vs. William Regal on one episode of Raw back in 2008.

William Regal vs. CM Punk (all of their matches on Raw)

John Cena vs. Chris Jericho (atleast two of their matches were ppv worthy).

Christian vs. Tommy Dreamer for the ECW title on ECW.

Christian vs. William Regal (several of their matches).

and so many others!!

For everyone fumbling the date of that awesome Benjamin vs. Michaels match, it was the night after Backlash 2005. You're welcome.

There was a big 8 or 10 man tag team match when HurriKane were champs, and Kane won the match by himself. It was Raw Roulette or something.. I think Rvd teamed with Jeff in the match.. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Yep. That was TLC 4 from Raw Roulette in Vegas in 2002. Kane sans Hurricane def. Spike/Bubba Ray Dudley, Jeff Hardy/RVD, and Chris Jericho/Christian

Was HBK and Shelton's match the same night Lita turned on Kane and joined Edge? If so, this was a good RAW.

That sucks, I was thinking that was a one night tourney for some reason. I remember I was still the biggest Kane fan possibly in the world at that point and when Lita turned on him I went instantly from being a Lita fan to hating her guts. Then again, I'm still a big Kane fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back