Best TLC match ever!!

Which of the 2 would you say was better?

• Summerslam 2000 - Edge & Christian vs Hardy's vs Dudley's

• Wrestlemania 17 - TLC II - Edge & Christian vs Hardy's vs Dudley's

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
Okay, simple question. Not to be confused with Ladder match. There have been 9 TLC matches. 5 tag team matches and the other 4 singles matches. Obviously, all have been for titles.

Now, I know ECW had their own TLCC match at Guilty as Charged 2001, if you want, you can choose that, TNA have had Full Metal Mayhem, which is just a TLC match, if you want to pick any of them, you can. But what I want you to name is your best WWE TLC match.

My favourite would have to be Summerslam 2000, Hardy's, Dudley's and Edge & Christian. The first ever and all 3 teams put on a great match. Could have easily been the main event of Summerslam that year beating the triple threat match. The Hardy's who were at their home town, unlucky they didn't win, but what a match with great action all throughout the 15 mins, it could have been longer but nonetheless, great match.

A close 2nd would be TLC II, at argubly the greatest Wrestlemania of all time WMXSeven, it was the same wrestlers who carried on the tradition of TLC matches.

I've told you mine, whats yours?

For me it was without a doubt the Summerslam TLC Match. The Wrestlemania 17 one was really good, but I alway's felt the summerslam one was the best considering it was the first one EVER. It was such a confusing concept when you first heard about it, I know I was wondering what the hell they were gonna do in the match, then it turned out to be an amazing spectacle.

The Wrestlemania 17 one may have had some bigger spots, but I felt the interferences kinda made me forget for a few minutes that it was a tag team match, even though the spot's with rhino,lita and spike were pretty cool.

They are both awesome matches, but for me personally the best one ever is the first one.

Some of the other ones I loved was the Tag team TLC Match on RAW that Kane won, and Undertaker vs Edge at One night stand. But to be honest, I have never seen a bad TLC Match.

I'd have to agree the first one was by far the best. Wreatlemania 17 was close, but they had a lot to live up to. I thought every one was great except Edge vs Flair on Raw.

Wrestlemania 17 was the best, had a vast more amount of time compared to Summerslam 2000, which was rushed and felt like one major bump after another, Wrestlemania 17 had plenty of time to tell a story, and build up toward to that peak as they say, the run ins I wasn't really fond of HOWEVER they did have the guys and gals who were related to each time get involved which expanded the storylines after the event (or should have).

They're was more crazier bumps taken in the TLC II (Mania 17) plus that said TLC II was on the biggest stage and probably the best PPV ever produced which speaks volumes for the match, and was on a card staked with 4+ star matches, and TLC 2 and the Austin/Rock II seem to be the matches everyone remembers about Mania 17, so it's stood the test of time really, other TLC matches I'd say Smackdown May 2001 is the forgotten one, RAW 2002 was pretty revolutionary in the sense it took 4 teams and mixed and matched them compared to previous TLC's matches.

Out of the singles TLC matches, I've got to give it to up to Edge, that is his signature match, and he made Flair look so legit in their tlc match back in 2006, Flair was IC Champ and looking for that last world title but they (edge/flair/wwe) really made the match look like it could be 50/50 it's a testiment to Edge and Flair.
Cena/Edge is by far my favorite singles TLC, tho I believe Edge should have won at the time, looking back it was a good match to push Cena to the Hogan level, he went 13 months as WWE Champion, what can you say? Edge and Cena gelled well together I would have loved to have seen a TLC rematch to be honest.
Jeff Hardy/CM Punk TLC match I can't remember, IMO it was a flop, Edge/Jeff 3 PPV's previously SHOULD have been a TLC match, but was a standard Ladder match, I think wwe over uses matches to much and with the current themed PPV's it's watering down some of the better concept matches.

I gotta go with TLC II.

The wrestlemania debut of Spike and Rhino made it for me...the runt of the litter and the manbeast made it to the bigtime!!

Is everybody forgetting about the TLC match between the Undertaker and Jeff Hardy?

That match was just great because everybody thought that Jeff was going to win in several points of the match and at the time, Undertaker was one of the biggest heels in the company. This was filled with thrills, spots, and excitement.

My personal favorite TLC was RVD and Jeff Hardy Vs Spike and Bubba Dudley Vs Christian and Chris Jericho Vs Kane (and Hurricane) on RAW. I absolutely loved this match. It was great. Lots of spots and everyone in the match got their chance to shine.

gotta say TLC 3, "the forgotten TLC" on Smackdown. WWE even referenced this match for TLC 4 on Raw Roulette, which had four tag teams.

but the forgotten TLC on Smackdown was my favorite. for one, back in that day, those types of matches did not happen as often and so to see one on free tv was really something special.

plus, if i'm not mistaken, it also had four tag teams, which was a newer concept from the previous TLC matches that had three tag teams. and this was the story line where triple h and stone cold were trying to screw benoit and jericho out of the tag titles (remember: jericho and benoit won the tag titles from these two in the match where triple h first injured his quadriceps and was out of action forever) and so placed them in this "impossible to win" scenario by throwing them out to the lions in this totally dangerous match. and jericho and benoit, against all odds, retained the titles.

also keeping in mind, this is when the tag titles were still prestigious and meant something more than they do now.

and not to be contrary to earlier posters, but wasn't the undertaker vs. jeff hardy match on raw for the title a ladder match and not a TLC match? i can't remember...

Hardy/Undertaker from 2002 RAW was a ladder match, I don't believe any tables were used, however a chair was used at the end of the match.

Taker/Edge TLC I'd forgotten about that match, good match, pretty predictable, problem is WWE are having WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to many gimmick matches to the point that when the do happen within 2-3 months the same concept has been used again, and in some cases on the same night, it's cluster-fucking the gimmick matches.

Edge/Jericho Cage match this weekend, I wonder if they'll reference the fact this is their 2nd Cage match? has this ever happened before two guys wrestle each other in the same blow off kind of match in totally seperate feuds?

Theirs 5 that stand out 2 me
5.John Cena vs Edge
4.Jeff Hardy vs C.M. Punk
3.Undertaker vs Edge
2.Hardyz vs Dudleys vs E & C - Wrestlemania 17
1.Hardyz vs Dudleys vs E & C - Summerslam 2000

Chiefs91, you said, "Is everybody forgetting about the TLC match between the Undertaker and Jeff Hardy?"

This was a standard ladder match on Raw...I remember..

I don't think I've actually seen them all, but I'll go for TLC II.

I loved the involvement of Rhyno, Spike and Lita, as well as the action between the three tag teams proper.

The first was great too, but it gets very minor marks down because of Bubba Ray's too precise placing of the big ladder for his massive table bump. ;)

I actually just watched the first two again this evening. I'll work my way through them all, maybe I'll change my mind!

The Wrestlemania 17 one may have had some bigger spots, but I felt the interferences kinda made me forget for a few minutes that it was a tag team match, even though the spot's with rhino,lita and spike were pretty cool.

That's the thing, though. It's not a tag team match..it's a TLC match where anything goes. So having outside interference made absolute perfect sense. People may disagree but I loved Heyman's commentary during the match. The spots were awesome and everything was done to perfection (with the exception of Jeff hardy not being able to pull off the ladder walk).

Great match. Wrestlemania 17 TLC gets my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back