Best Theme Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downward Spiral

I'm Not From Your Country
Here in Australia, outside the city or the 'big smoke' (I have just sunk to my hick brethrens language *shudder*) we do not get to many good theme parks. Most up here just go to the local waterpark to muck around but we don't get great theme parks like Wet and Wild and Movie World up here and I'm not sure they can match the calibre of some American ones. I've even been to Disneyland in Paris (Freezing - no lines) and a couple of others, so I'm just wondering what everyone's favourite theme park is.

It'd be cool to hear of others amusement park experiences so post them here and I've heard about the wicked roller coasters and rides around the world ot so post your favourite of them as well.

I'm going to Wet & Wild World down on the Gold Coast and I'm ditching Atherton for a couple of weeks in 2 days, so I also want to know if W&W is any good as well.

here in england we have alton towers which is pretty good and then we have drayton manor where there is slightly better rides

Alton Towers is amazing, they have four coasters that are just ace. Oblivion, which has a goddam vertical drop. Air, which isn't intense just a different experience. Nemesis, possibly the best ride ever, and Rita, which has a stupid name but is a good ride.

I used to work at Tower's (It's only 30 minutes away) and the ride's are so much better when there empty. You have to do a couple of dummy run's before you let the visitor's on, and the staff usually have a couple of ride's.

In Halifax theres this awesome amusement theres a roller coster that goes like over 10 times

yeah queensland in australia is good in melbourne we ave luna park its got some good rides but not many hong kong has a good park called ocean park its got like 10 good rides including a roller coaster over water its awesome

Six Flags Great Adventure in Jersey. The Coaster Capitol of the US and home of the fastest Roller Coaster on the planet. Come on. You can't get no better then that.

How can Disney World not get a mention... That place owns all theme parks by like 1000... It has the kiddy rides for the kids, the rides for teenages, and then rides for adults.. Not to mention all the other stuff that they have.. Disney World is by far, the best to be in the US since McDonalds

in Scotland we have this Theme Park called M&D's its alrite but its kind of Crappy. But Alton Towers is the best with the oblivion, nemisis and al that

The best theme Park is dream world. Movie world is also pretty good.

I have been to California and I quite enjoyed Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm.

I'm keen to go to the six flags magic mountain and disneyworld next time I travel to america

Well I live in Gold Coast and the five theme parks are Wet 'n' Wild Water World (Best Ride is Tornado), Dreamworld (Best Ride is The Wipeout), Movieworld (Best Ride is Leathal Weapon or Superman Escape but I haven't been there yet for the new Batwing Spaceshot), Seaworld(It's best is Corkscrew but they only have 5 rides) and White Water World(Never Been There Yet).

I must say, Flamingoland in Yorkshire is improving, nowhere near the standards of Alton Towers. But they're getting rid of the shoddy second-hand fairground rides.

yeh i like flamingo land. but pleasure beach in blackpool is amazing. The best coster in europe is the pepsi max IMO.

Here in Montreal theres Six Flags La Ronde.

They built a new ride called Goliath that is like 200 feet tall! Amazing shit!:headbanger:

My favorite is still Vampire though!! (a clone of Batman the Ride at other parks)

Goliath sounds gooood......

Just remembered one I really enjoyed, The Ultimate at lightwater valley, I go there every year.

I know its corny, but I've always loved Santa's Village in New Hampshire (you can read about it in Mick Foley's books). I used to go there every year as a child and it holds a lot of nostalgia and good memories for me. That or Disney World.

Ok, I worked at Hersheypark all through college so I have to give some love to the greatest theme park on earth!! Where else do they give free chocolate at the end of a ride..?

I think someone in here said they went to Disneyland in Paris when they were young. That applies to me as well as we travelled to England and France in 2000 when I was a youngun as well. I don't remember much other than that I got freaked in the virtual movie theatre where it was 'Honey I shrunk the Audience'. There were rats everywhere apparently and it was scary. And then I remember going on some Snow White ride that was pretty gay but it was cool because it was cold and raining and there were no lines pretty much. I would love to go to the one in California though because that is bigger and better apparently.

Jeez you Brits have some good theme parks over there.

Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, IL. I haven't been there in years, but it was awesome way back when. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back