Best Survivor Series match ever!!

WWE slowly killed the Survivor Series concept!

• True

• False

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
WWE Survivor Series was an annual ppv in November that was created upon the success of Wrestlemania III, also to rival NWA's Starrcade ppv. The original concept for the Survivor Series was to have an annual pay-per-view event that focused on tag team wrestling, which most of you will agree with me died slowly in the mid 90's. It provided us with some amazing feuds and elimination matches over the 23 years it ran. But it is still uncertain what they are going to do with this legendary ppv.

What I want to know is quite simple, the title says it all...What has got to be your favourite match to have taken place at Survivor Series???
(Remember think carefully as there are many great matches to choose from.)

My choice would have to be from 2002, I really enjoyed the first ever Elimination Chamber match. HBK winning the world title was the icing on the cake for his feud with Triple H, both men were rally tired towards the end and all it needed was one super kick and it was over...

Honourable Mention
* André the Giant, One Man Gang, King Kong Bundy, Butch Reed, and Rick Rude (with Bobby Heenan and Slick) vs Hulk Hogan, Paul Orndorff, Don Muraco, Ken Patera, and Bam Bam Bigelow (with Oliver Humperdink).

* The Powers of Pain (The Warlord and The Barbarian), The Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty), The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kid), The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart), and The Young Stallions (Jim Powers and Paul Roma) vs Demolition (Ax and Smash), The Brain Busters (Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard), The Bolsheviks (Nikolai Volkoff and Boris Zhukov), The Fabulous Rougeaus (Raymond and Jacques), and The Conquistadors (Uno and Dos) (with Mr. Fuji, Bobby Heenan, Slick, and Jimmy Hart)

The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer) vs Hulk Hogan (c) for WWE Champion

Bret Hart (c) vs Shawn Michaels for WWE Champion

Bob Backlund (with Owen Hart) defeated Bret Hart (c) (with The British Bulldog in a Submission match for WWE Champion

Bret Hart vs Steve Austin

Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart (c) for WWE Champion (AKA Montreal Screwjob)

The Rock vs Mankind for vacant WWE Champion in Deadly Game final

Steve Austin vs Triple H in a No Disqualification match

Team WWF vs Team Alliance in a Winner Takes All match

Team Smackdown! vs Team Raw

Batista (c) vs The Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell match for World Heavyweight champion

Team Kingston vs Team Orton

I would have to say the best was Survivor Series 2001, Team WWF vs. Team Alliance, no wait, nevermind, that match is tied with Undertaker vs. Hulk Hogan, loved that match and Stone Cold vs. Bret Hart is in for a 3 way tie

I liked Shawn Micheals vs Bret heart at survivor series either 1992 or 1993, i forgot whcih year it was, i think it was 93 but uo in your honorable mentions it says ther was one in 92 also so now im confused. I also really enjoyed WWF vs Alliance in 2001, and the first ever elimination chamber match one year later was spectacular, that match i belive gained shawn micheals last world title. Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure that was the case.

Easily Bret Hart/Steve Austin - Survivor Series 1996, that match was way ahead of it's time, especially for the mids 90s years.

Oh my god all these threads are the same these days. Every week its best new years revolution match, best survivor series match, best armageddon match, best backlash match, best unforgiven match, best no way out match and I could keep on going but you get the point. This is worse than when Chavo was jobbing to Hornswoggle. But since survivor series is such a great pay-per-view that has featured historic matches I'll say Team WWF vs Team WCW why because I was 11 at the time and even though everybody knew well most of you who was gonna win you know I was a kid at the time so I really enjoyed it. Worst match ever at survivor series Triple H vs Kozlov in 2008 for the wwe championship.

My favourite match would be Batista vs Taker for the World Heavyweight Championship inside Hell In A Cell.The match had a great build as the series was tied at 1-1 with draws a long the way.Their match had people on their feet and the ending was gold.Having Edge cost Taker the win and not only did it restart a fued but it reminded everyone how good Edge is.It was a great return that I think made the match better.Plus you had Batista and Taker destroying each other in the match.

I think that the first ever Survivor Series main event is their best match ever, André the Giant, One Man Gang, King Kong Bundy, Butch Reed, and Rick Rude (with Bobby Heenan and Slick) vs Hulk Hogan, Paul Orndorff, Don Muraco, Ken Patera, and Bam Bam Bigelow (with Oliver Humperdink). This match provided us with some great monents most notably Hulk Hogan being disqualified and Bam Bam Bigelow having to face Andre, One Man Gang and Bundy by himself.

Honourable Mentions
The Undertaker Vs Batista Hell in a cell
The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer) vs Hulk Hogan (c) for WWE Champion
Steve Austin vs Triple H in a No Disqualification match

the Montreal Screwjob is certainly the most "iconic" if even for negative reasons. but that's been a part of some pretty big storylines and angles for years, including the following year's "Deadly Games Tournament" that saw the Rock win his first world title against Mankind in similar fashion. genius! so that's a big memory, though not my favorite match.

i've enjoyed a bunch of the traditional Survivor Series matches, including Team Kofi vs. Team Orton, WWE vs. Alliance, Smackdown vs. Raw and a few others.

but my absolute favorite would have to be the very first Elimination Chamber. besides being a totally new kind of match (not totally new, since it's kind of a combination of different matches, but the first Chamber match... you know what i mean) and having HBK win his final world title (i'm a huge HBK fan and loved his return in 2002!) and the build up between Triple H and HBK, the other participants in this Chamber were awesome. it was one of the few Chamber matches that i can remember that i actually was curious as to who would win. usually Triple H wins these kinds of matches, and Kane is such a monster, and Jericho and RVD and Booker T were all on such rolls at the time. really and truly, this Chamber match had the feel that anyone could win and walk out with the title. totally epic!

team bischoff vs team stone cold survivor series 2003:
this is easily the best survivor series style match and probably the best match ever. The amount of drama and action in the match was superb, could austin trust his team mates hbk being left 3 on 1, getting it down to him and orton, to eventually austin beating up bischoff, while with his back turned batista interfered and batista bombed hbk to not only win the match for bischoff's team, but put a end(briefly), to stone cold's time in the company, and tenure as co gm of raw, just flat out awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back