• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Song: Eminem

CCS

Getting Noticed By Management
eminem.jpg

I'm just going to ignore his stupid funny raps and only pay attention to his serious songs. Eminem's best song is a toss up between "Till I Collapse" or "Sing For The Moment" So I'm going to go with my personal favorite and say "Till I Collapse" is his best. It's just a really good song about never giving up. The clapping in the song always gets me pumped up and the lyrics are pretty good also. So in my mind this is the best Eminem song.

There are alot of Eminem songs that I like. Shit I have everyone of his cd's. Anyways back on topic my favorite songs of his are The Way I Am, Guilty Conscience, My Name Is, Lose Yourself, Sing For The Moment, Like Toy Soldiers, Til I Collapse Stan, Superman & Without Me as those are the songs of his that I like the most.

For most of Eminem's Career I considered "The Way I am" to be his greatest rap. But over the last few years an incident occurred that made the song "When I'm Gone." The day that Eddie Guerrero died, I was very shaken up. After the Raw is Eddie, it was the first song that I heard after the show and I was very emotional. It was also to that song that a girl I hardly knew on my MSN commented that "I had been listening to that song for a long time." It started a conversation, then a friendship, then a relationship that I hope will last forever.

I think the rarely heard "We As Americans" is Eminem's strongest moment lyrically. It originally appeared on a bootleg album weeks before Encore dropped. It can now be heard on Encore's bonus cd. It is a great song about the drooping political front in America at that point in time. The beat is aggressive and go along with the lyrics very well. If I had to pinpoint a song that highlights Eminem's skills as an MC that would be first choice.

My second choice would be "Stan", from the classic album The Marshall Mathers LP. I think this song, more than any other, cemented Eminem's legacy as one of the greatest. A great look from a crazed fan's point of view, this record will live on forever.

Have you Heard the song Love You More? That is a pretty good Eminem song. He sounds angry and obsessive in that one. I also like We as Americans. Good rythym to that song and good message. But I believe that many of his best songs are his songs that he does with 50 Cent. 1 Shot 2 Shot is a pretty funny song if you listen to it. Everyone who is singing in it all sing about a party that turns badly and I laugh everytime I hear that song. He is not my favorite musician but he is enjoyable.

I am a fan of Eminem, and I actually like most of his work. There are some humor-laden songs that don't specifically focus on anything, but if you listen alot of his music is very serious, tells you about his life, and really gives some good advice in general. But my all-time favorite has to come from the 8 Mile soundtrack. "Lose Yourself" was important to me because it speaks about being the underdog, and taking advantage of an opportunity you are given because it may be the only one you ever get. It really transcends music I think, and the message is great for anyone who has some sort of dream.

I had a playlist back in my athletic days, and this was easily one my favorites on it..never did fail to get me pumped up and go out and give 110%

As a massive eminem fan I think through his back catalogue and the song that sticks out most is "Rock Bottom" From the slim shady LP - I remember listening to that song and relating to it.

Lyrically I love "As the world turns" -
They never should've booted me out of reform school
Deformed fool,takin a shit in a warm pool
They threw me out the Ramada Inn
I said it wasn't me, I got a twin (Oh my god its you! Not again!)
It all started when my mother took my bike away
Cuz I murdered my guinea pig and stuck him in the microwave
After that, It was straight to the 40 ouncers
Slappin teachers, and jackin off in front of my counselors
Class clown freshman, dressed like Les Nessman
Fuck the next lesson, I'll past the test guessin
And all the other kids said Eminem's a dishead,
He'll never last, the only class he'll pass is phys ed
May be true, till I told this bitch in gym class
That she was too fat to swim laps, she needed Slim Fast (Who Me?)
Yeah bitch you so big you walked into big Tanny's and stepped on Jenny Craig
She picked me up to snap me like a skinny twig
Put me in the headlock, then I thought of my guinea pig
I felt the evilness and started transformin (RARRRR!)
It began storming, I heard a bunch of cheering fans swarming
Grabbed that bitch by her hair
Drug her across the ground
And took her up to the highest diving board and tossed her down
Sorry coach, its too late to tell me stop
While I drop this bitch face down and watch her belly flop

I Also Love his lyris in "Renegades" (Does this count as an eminem song as it was technically on Jay-Z's Album)

top 5

1. Rockbottom - slim shady lp
2. as the world turns - slim shady lp
3. Renegade - The Bluprint
4. Murder Murder - Next Friday Soundtrack
5. If I get locked up tonight - The Tunnel

I'm a huge Eminem fan. I love all his cd's but my favorite cd has to be the Marshall Mathers LP, so with that said my favorite song has to be "The Way I Am". Eminem brings it so hard on that song, i could just imagine him recording that song in the studio and the emotion just pouring out of him. I would think anyone in the studio that day would probably have had to pick their jaw up off the floor. He brings it with every linee and basically tells you that he is who you say he is and he accepts it and if you have a problem with it the challenge him, he dares you too. On that whole cd he had a way of pushing alot of buttons and pissing alot of people off but on this cd alot of what he said was true regardless if people wanted to admit it or not.

we need a new Em cd soon.

O god, I am a huge Eminem fan, and i really can't pick just one song. He has so many good ones like "Cleaning out my Closet", "White America", "The Way I Am", "Like Toy Soldiers", "We as Americans", and so many more. I own every CD, and a lot of his underground shit, so if i had to pick one it would be "Like Toy Soldiers". In this song Eminem speaks openly about The Source, and also his ongoing feud with Benzino and Ja Rule. Also, this song basically depicts Proofs death. Obviously, you couldn't go wrong with "The Way I Am". This song cemented Eminem as a legitimate rapper. It also opened the door for him because his previous album was more childish, and after this songs success it opened the door for other songs that openly express his feelings towards something like "Mosh" or even "Cleaning out my Closet".

Since this is clearly subjective, I'll go with my two personal favorites which is Stan and like Toy Soldiers.

Stan is a brilliant piece of work. While some people complain that Eminem sold out by adding Dido in the song but I think she just makes the song even more haunting and a sucess. Dido sings the hook of the song, which get's people's attention. Then you have Enimen rapping song very great and intriguing lyrics and you have a great rap song that is also commerically sucessful.

Like toy soldiers also has a great catchy hook that makes it radio friendly but you also have Eminem rapping some great lyrics. I think Em's delievery was amazing and he sold the song. It's just a song and the lyrics have great meaning and it isn;t just about banging a ho, or throwing G's. It is almost like a social commentary on the violence that occurs.

Yeah, it's been said before, but I'm gonna go with "The Way I Am". I remember me and my brother listening to it over and over again when we were young, and memorising the words off by heart. Good memories.

Wow... this is a toughie. I just can't pick one. I'll go with favorite song from each album. That's impossible for me. So, I'll just name my all time favorites, in no order.

Till Hell Freezes Over - I actually never heard this until about a year or so ago, but it's absolutely fantastic. It's basically just Em going off on his love for hip hop, to a very hyped up beat.

Just Don't Give a Fuck - My favorite song from the Slim Shady LP. I love "Role Model" from that album as well, but it was too short, whereas "I Don't Give a Fuck" was three verses of greatness.

Kim - I got Marshall Mathers LP the first day it was released, and the next day at school (I was in the 8th Grade at the time), this was the song everyone was talking about and the song everyone wanted to listen to. And how can you blame them? It's one of the most creative, shocking songs in the history of music.

Superman - Really the first 'Sex' song Em ever did and it's one of the best songs he ever did, in my opinion. The shit he spits on this track is incredible.

Rain Man - The creativity his lyrics in this song is unfuckingbelievable. It made Encore worth the price of the Cd alone for me. It's really the only 'silly' song he has ever done that I didn't eventually get sick of. Most of those get tiring quick, but not this one.

He has so many great songs, it's like picking which one of your kids you like the most. A lot of his great songs have already been mentioned, so I'm going to give another great one that hasn't been mentioned.

Rock Bottom- It was off the Slim Shady LP and it was not only lyrically great, it also showed another side to Eminem. He kicked his angry fuck the world gimmick to the curb and showed himself in a different light.

There are two that I can think of here. And while Eminem is said by a lot of people to be crap, i think he is one of the best rappers we have around.

His best I would say is Stan. Perfect lyrics here, about a fan that's crazy about Eminem, and shows how much some fans care about their idols. Dido's vocals are a great touch to this song. This song has been said by many people as Eminem's greatest song, and is one of the songs that is synonymous with the name Eminem, and will be the song that cements Eminem's legacy.

The next song is a bit out there, but I think it is one of Eminem's best songs. Hailie's Song. THis song has Eminem singing, and also rapping, and amazingly Eminem is actually not that bad a singer. It's a great, sensitive song just about Eminem's daughter, Hailie. It shows how much Em loves his little baby, and also shows how human Em can be.

Although I'm more a fan of rock/metal, I am a big fan of Eminem. I think his best song, and my favorite, is Mosh. It fits my taste more than his other stuff, and has a very powerful message.

Another song I love from him is Guilty Conscience. Not only are the lyrics funny as hell, the beat is great, and the video is perfect for the song. It doesn't hurt that Dre has an appearance in it as well.

He has so many great songs, it's like picking which one of your kids you like the most. A lot of his great songs have already been mentioned, so I'm going to give another great one that hasn't been mentioned.

Rock Bottom- It was off the Slim Shady LP and it was not only lyrically great, it also showed another side to Eminem. He kicked his angry fuck the world gimmick to the curb and showed himself in a different light.

I mentioned Rock Bottom on my earlier post.

I forgot about Rain Man, I love that song. You find my offensive, I find you offensive for finding me offensive!

Other Great songs "Still don't give a fuck" (I love the intro to this song", "Criminal" (Another great intro. FACK - Lyrically hilarious

Haha, CCS, I was just thinking if Sing for the Moment or Till I Collapse was better while the page was loading...lol. Well, anyway, I like ALL of his songs, because I'm a huge Eminem fanatic. I have over 250 songs on my iPod by Eminem or featuring Eminem. But here's my favorites:

1. Sing For the Moment
2. Till I Collapse
3. Criminal (the skit is hilarious)
4. Role Model
5. Just Dont Give a Fuck
6. 8 Mile
7. The Way I Am
8. The Real Slim Shady
9. Stan
10. Encore/Curtains Down
11. FACK
12. Superman
13. Lose Yourself
14. Just Lose It
15. Without Me
16. Mockingbird
17. Cleanin' Out My Closet
18. Like Toy Soldiers
19. When I'm Gone
20. White America
21. My Name Is
22. Guilty Conscience
23. Puke
24. Shake That
25. Big Weenie

ft. Eminem

1. Patiently Waiting (50 Cent)
2. Renegade (Jay-Z)
3. Forgot About Dre (Dr. Dre)
4. Dead Wrong (Notorious B.I.G.)
5. Touchdown (T.I.)

D12

1. Git Up
2. Fight Music
3. Purple Pills
4. 40 oz.
5. U R The One

I also must add that I am worried about Relapse (in case you didnt know, his new album that's coming out this spring.) Crack a Bottle, which I am sure you all must have heard, was cut from Relapse. The song wasn't finished and leaked onto the Internet in December. Then it got so much downloads/views on YouTube that Em decided to finish it. That version was leaked on Janurary 6th, and Crack a Bottle came out on iTunes on Feburary 2nd. It sounds more like pop, not rap, because it's much more slower paced. But I heard that much of the album is dedicated to Proof (Eminem's fellow band mate in D12 and close friend who was shot and killed in Detroit in 2006,) which gives me a feeling that this album will be very good.

Lyrically, I have to say its a VERY VERY close tie between two songs.

Run Rabbit run from the 8 mile soundtrack

''I'm like a skillet bubbling, till it filters up,

I'm about to kill it, I can feel it building up,

Blow this building up, I've concealed enough,

My cup run'ith over I've done and filled it up,

The pen explodes and busts and ink spills my guts,

You think all I do is stand here and feel my nuts,

But I'm a show you, what, you gonna feel my rush,

You dont feel it then it must be to real to touch,''

And

Til i collapse from Eminem Show

''Till I collapse I’m spillin' these raps, long as you feel 'em
Till the day that I drop you’ll never say that I’m not killing 'em
Cause when I am not then I am stop pennin them
And I am not hip-hop and I’m just not Eminem.
Subliminal thoughts, when I’ma stop sending them. Women are caught in webs, spin 'em and hoch venom .
Adrenalin shots of penicillin could not get the illing to stop. Amoxacilin's just not real enough.
The criminal cop killing hip-hop villain a minimal swap to cop millions of Pac listeners.
Your coming with me, feel it or not, you’re gonna fear it like I showed you the spirit of God lives in us.
You hear it a lot, lyrics to shock. Is it a miracle or am I just product of pop fizzing up?
Fa shizzle my wizzle this is the plot, listen up... You bizzles forgot slizzl does not give a fuck!. ''

Easily
Soldier is a close third

In terms of overall popularity, Without Me is in a league of its own, buts its not his best song. Criminal is quality, its so cringeworthy and you wonder how it even made it onto the disk sometimes but because its so anti-social, its so funny to listen too!

Rain Man is a song I've only recently started to like. "You find me offensive, I find you offensive for finding me offensive"... that lyric cracks me up every single time.

Mockingbird is probably the most 'human' of his songs because it dosen't talk about how much he hates his wife and wants to rip her head off, its about his love for his daughter and its basically him explaining himself.

When I'm Gone is superb because it tells a story as you listen too it.

Relapse should be good. Has their been an official release date announced yet?

For me it has to be sing for the moment. The lyrics and word's in this song to me is so powerful. Every time i hear it it reminds me of My past. It might not of been his numba1 hit but to me this has to be his best song. He is not just rapping about Fucking ho's and popping pills, He is actually Rapping about something that has meaning.

Ok, well for me, 'When I'm Gone' will always be a special song to me and I personally think this is his best song because it shows that rap doesn't have to be about drugs, bitches and money, but it can also be about real things and real emotion which is what Eminem achieved in this song and I've heard pretty much all of his songs since I've been a fan of his since I can remember and this song by far trumps all the others in terms of it's realism and how him travelling has affected Hailey and you can hear how much he cares about his daughter in the song aswell.

Pure, raw emotion at it's finest.

I'm not much of a fan of his more comedic songs, they get annoying real quick, but when he has a real subject matter he can be great.

1. Sing For The Moment
2. Lose Yourself
3. Till I Collapse
4. We As Americans
5. Rabbit Run
6. Rock Bottom
7. Stan
8. The Way I Am
9. Like Toy Soldiers
10. Nail In The Coffin

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online