Best Running Back/Fullback Combo In NFL History

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
The kicker & punter one didn't do as badly as I hoped, so here's another one. Who do you think is/was the best combination of running back and fullback in the NFL.

I know it wasn't too long ago, but I'm going with Warrick Dunn and Mike Alstott. They were the perfect duo, since Dunn was all flash and speed, while Alstott was smash and rumble. They could both catch the ball well, and were routinely among the tops in the NFL for yardage. If I remember correctly, they even made a Pro Bowl or two together.

And, as a Giants fan, honorable mention goes to Joe Morris and O.J. Anderson :)

Great topic NSL.

Anyways i'm not really trying to brag here but I will say that Emmitt Smith & Daryl "Moose" Johnston from my Cowboys were the greatest RB/FB Combo in the history of the NFL. "Moose" could was a receiving weapon from the backfield & could block with the best of them while Emmitt used his blazing speed to run behind his blockers & always made a shit play into a decent to spectacular play. On top of that they even made 2 Pro Bowls together & every defense feared them both(mainly Emmitt). It's a damn shame that "Moose's" career ended early but look on the bright side. Emmitt Smith became the All Time Leading Rusher in NFL History.

Reactions: NSL
Great topic NSL.

Anyways i'm not really trying to brag here but I will say that Emmitt Smith & Daryl "Moose" Johnston from my Cowboys were the greatest RB/FB Combo in the history of the NFL. "Moose" could was a receiving weapon from the backfield & could block with the best of them while Emmitt used his blazing speed to run behind his blockers & always made a shit play into a decent to spectacular play. On top of that they even made 2 Pro Bowls together & every defense feared them both(mainly Emmitt). It's a damn shame that "Moose's" career ended early but look on the bright side. Emmitt Smith became the All Time Leading Rusher in NFL History.

Same here Dallas were beast and Emmitt and Moose just added to that. Moose could Blaock Emmit could run. We was all good,

How about Dan Kreider and Jerome Bettis? Even though it was short lived, every time a block was to be made Kreider was there. He was big, hardly ever missed a block and even though he was never a threat to run the ball, people still believed he had a chance... Jerome and any other Steelers back had their most success with Kreider at Fullback. Parkers best year was with Dan back there, and he also kept the Bus rollin.

Another one that comes to mind, and this isn't even being biased. Bleier and Harris. Rocky was a little small but he was an exceptional blocker. I really wouldn't call him a FB, but Franco was the primary back during his career, so I guess you could call him a FB. Bleier and Harris were both capable of rushing for over a thousand yards, and both were very successful in there own right. Franco was a 9 time pro bowler behind Rocky. Which should make them one of the best tandems in NFL history.

Another one is Neal and LT in SD. But i really wont go in to much detail...

I agree with Moose and Emmitt, and that pains me. I hate the cowboys, but there was never a more talented backfeild duo. I never saw Moose crush anyone with a block, but I never saw him miss one either.

Another one that should get some consideration is Lorenzo Neal and Eddie George. Eddie was one of five running backs to gain over 1200 years in his first six seasons, and then Neal left, and it was over for Eddie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back