Best Promos?

I just dont get the love of this "pipebomb" interview. Is it because it looked like a shoot? Obviously it was scripted and approved before hand. Its not like CM Punk went out and said what he felt. It had a stamp of approval and may have been written by a writer.

Best Promo cutters of all time for me has to be Rock, Triple H, Piper, Hogan, HBK and Paul Hetman. Punk and Cena are close behind but not in my top 5

You are correct that it was the whole WWF that collectively won. But Austin/McMahon certainly led the WWE. People who did not even know wrestling, knew who Stone Cold was. His picture was everywhere in 1997 -1999. I think Rock and Stone Cold are so close at cutting promos that its hard to say who the better man is. Rock and Stone Cold are the top two stars in the history of wrestling, with Hogan a close 3rd. Whenever you read interviews with wrestlers talking about 1997-2000, they always credit Austin as the best talker in the business.

I think Austin was most known for his feud with Vince. His short promo on Jake the Snake has got to be up there as one of the best promos of all time. It started a revolution in the world of wrestling.

This is irrelevant. I happen to think HBK is the best all around in the history of the biz- great in the ring, great on the mic, look, charism. But thats beside the point. Without Hogan or Warrior there may be no HBK- how far back to you wanna go? Austin and Rock are the top two promos and biggest draws in wrestling history- they may never be passed.
Austin was known for his fued with mcmahon but not specifically his promos during the time. He was known for the skits he would do with Vince like the ones I named in my previous post. His promo on Jake was great but one promo doesnt overshadow all the promos the Rock cut on a nightly basis. I can name more Rock promos off the top of my head than Austin promos.

Im sorry but nobody is over Hogan. Hogan is the most known and number 1 wrestler of all time with Rock second and Austin third. Hogan and Rock are bigger household names than Austin. Austin just has more hardcore wrestling fans but isnt nearly as popular outside of wrestling as Rock and Hogan.

Keeping the business alive is irrelevant? I dont think so...Austin was somewhere being irrelevant while HBK was putting on 5 star matches every night. The past can not be ignored and legends deserve their respect. The same way Cena is only here because of Austin and Rock. If HBK wasnt there an the WWF went out of business there would be no Austin.

Austin was known for his fued with mcmahon but not specifically his promos during the time. He was known for the skits he would do with Vince like the ones I named in my previous post. His promo on Jake was great but one promo doesnt overshadow all the promos the Rock cut on a nightly basis. I can name more Rock promos off the top of my head than Austin promos.

Im sorry but nobody is over Hogan. Hogan is the most known and number 1 wrestler of all time with Rock second and Austin third. Hogan and Rock are bigger household names than Austin. Austin just has more hardcore wrestling fans but isnt nearly as popular outside of wrestling as Rock and Hogan.

Keeping the business alive is irrelevant? I dont think so...Austin was somewhere being irrelevant while HBK was putting on 5 star matches every night. The past can not be ignored and legends deserve their respect. The same way Cena is only here because of Austin and Rock. If HBK wasnt there an the WWF went out of business there would be no Austin.

I completely disagree. I think that Austin is over Rock and Hogan. Austin drew more people and made more money than did Rock or Hogan. Now Maybe with Rock's last few years of appearances, he has taken it to another level, and he is a big house hold name- that does not mean he was more over than Austin. Cena is currently more over than Austin and may even be a bigger household name, but at the height of Austin's popularity, he was the biggest thing in the history of wrestling.

I completely disagree. I think that Austin is over Rock and Hogan. Austin drew more people and made more money than did Rock or Hogan. Now Maybe with Rock's last few years of appearances, he has taken it to another level, and he is a big house hold name- that does not mean he was more over than Austin. Cena is currently more over than Austin and may even be a bigger household name, but at the height of Austin's popularity, he was the biggest thing in the history of wrestling.
Austin drew more but only for a very short period of time, like two or three years . Hogan made more money for WWF than Austin career wise. The Rock is still making the WWE money and im pretty he sure has surpassed Austin in overall profit. Cena has already been the face of the company longer than Austin and probably has brought in as much if not more money. Austin's short reign does not make him better than Hogan and Rock who both still have an impact on wrestling while Austin is completely irrelevant. Only thing Austin has done better than Rock and Hogan is get bigger pops. He just wasnt on top long enough to be called the best. I would even go as far as to say Taker and HBK have probably made more money than Austin over the span of their careers.

Hogan has main evented 8 mania's compared to Austin's 3...Hogan was the face of the WWF for about 10 years than the face of the WCW for another 5. That gives Hogan 15 years of being the face of a top company while Austin was the face of WWF for 3 maybe 4 depending on what years you consider him the top guy.

So you are saying that Austin's 4 years on top beats Hogan's 15 years? Come on dude Hogan is over Austin any way you look at it

Another one I have to mention is Mick Foley. The mankind interview with J.R. is so intense. He is one of the best storytellers in history. The early ECW Cactus Jack stuff. Another one that really sticks out is the Raw promo before One Night Stand 2006? Just amazingly intense

Best promos? For my two cents a few of my top are Mick Foley, Paul Heyman, Ric Flair, The Rock, Chris Jericho, heel Triple H, Jake The Snake Roberts, Kane cuts a great promo, Roddy Piper, Randy Savage, Dusty Rhodes etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back