Extreme Rules
Wrestlemania
No Way Out
Summerslam
Bound for Glory
Backlash
Dragon Gate USA: Enter the Dragon

Remember: This is in the Non-Spam Section

Night of Champions was a decent show, I would have picked Wrestlemania, because Wrestlemania is usually the show of the year, no matter how bad it is, but I have to give it to the new Number 5 match.

Night of Champions is one terrific night, as we got to see 8 championship matches that night, which can be very exciting. There was some crap matches, but there were some fantastic matches. Both title matches were decent, which is something that kept most of the other shows down.

I might have voted for WM also, but what done that in was the rattling let down that was the main event, Trips v/ Orton. Talk about huge disappointments.

I'm going with No Way Out. There were two elimination chambers, but instead of having them back-to-back, they intelligently separated them so both would appear fresh. Indeed, they were. Both delivered too, with some shocks thrown in; Cena quickly got eliminated, and Edge won the WHC. Outside of that, Orton v/ Shane in an anything goes was pretty good as well. We finally seen HBK/JBL meet too. That gets my vote.

I may be a little biased here since I was actually there at Wrestlemania 25.... but it was such an awesome show. No other PPV this year can even come close. (Although if asked what my 2nd pick was it would be between Night of Champions, Bragging Rights, and Summerslam) The entire card was great from top to bottom. I know some people were mad about the tag team match getting bumped, the divas' entrances getting cut out for Kid Rock, Santino winning the diva match, Triple H retaining against Orton, and Taker's match not being last.... but when you look past those little flaws it was the best show of the year, and one of the greatest ever. It was the best PPV of 2009 because no other PPV even comes close.

I went with Bound For Glory, no other show this year kept me entertained like Bound For Glory did, from the awesome Ultimate X match to the Monster's Ball, then the great match up between Matt Morgan and Kurt Angle too the great main event which even though it wasn't as good as I thought it was still a great match up.

I probably would of voted No Way Out, that was a very good pay per view with two good elimination chamber matches and the match between Shane McMahon and Randy Orton was also pretty good.

I'm going to have to pick Other and go with the Survivor Series. It was simply the most overall entertaining ppv I've watched all year. I loved the fact that they had 3 traditionsl Survivor Series matches, two of which were great and really showcased young talent like Kofi, McIntyre, the Miz and Sheamus. Even the Divas match was pretty good for what it was, definitely head and shoulders above what we're used to from them.

The WHC match between Taker and JeriShow was a very good, very solid match that managed to come alive after following a dynamite SS match. The Cena/DX match was also a great match, had a few surprises here and there and it just kept me entertained.

I'll go with Summerslam. I remember the forum being a-buzz after that show. It had a great main event and a surprise return at the end, which got people excited like they were little kids again. Orton/Cena was also pretty decent, especially with all of the twist and turns throughout. Off the top of my head, I can't remember much else, MVP/Swagger was alright. I just remember Summerslam as a whole being very solid and there isn't really another PPV that was overly memorable this year.

I have to pick other to go with TLC. I was so surprised with how great this PPV was. The opener was stellar, the main event and mid card scene Raw and Smackdown respectively was shaken up. There were a few mark out moments, and all around amazing performances from most everyone on the card. Again, if possible, my vote is for TLC.

I wish I wouldn't have voted so quickly. I honest thought that Bragging Rights was great, I was very pleased with the matches. Miz and JoMo both looked great, save the way it ended, I was very happy with it. The divas didn't look completely horrible, which is better than they often are. The WHC 4-way was pretty solid as well, could have done without Batista completely, but it didn't hurt that he was pinned... The Iron Man match I thought was very good. and Show turning on the Raw team was a good curve, and for a WHC shot, it really made sense. I personally loved this PPV.

Personally, i don't understand why Turning Point wasn't included as a nominee for be PPV. For anybody that love wrestling, this was by far the best PPV of the year. You had 2 match of the year candidate on the PPV plus for once the rest of the card made sense and was entertaining and that'S rare for a TNA PPV.

So my vote goes to Turning Point 2009

No voted for Backlash I see. I'm surprised, it was better than most. It wasn't great, but no shows this year have been. It's unfortunate as WWE had a great year, PPV wise, in 2008.

Backlash was an entertaining show from start to finish. It lacked the crowd heat that, well, every WWE PPV does, but overall it was worth watching.

All the matches were at least good and the only possible bad thing about the show was the Kiss Cam. But WWE fucking with Jim Ross was enough to make even that entertaining.

TLC was by far my favorite ppv. All of the matches were good plus cena losing the title in a huge suprise added to the greatness of the ppv. WWE saved the best ppv of the year for last.

Extreme Rules. Every match was pretty good, the lesser ones were kept short. There's nothing like reducing Orton and Batista to 7 minutes. Mysterio vs Jericho was sublime, I thought it was probably Dreamer's only decent match for about 5 years and even Cena and Show pulled out a good'un. The twist at the end was unexpected, and the match preceeding it was pretty good too. Hardly a vintage year for PPVs, and even this one had some shit in it, but the best of a bad bunch.

I went with Other and picked Survivor Series. This show was one of the only ones this year that I couldn't easily predict going in, and managed to keep me excited throughout. The one elimination match coming down to Kofi vs Punk and Orton is one of my favourite moments of the year. The ending was just done perfectly. The two main events and the divas matches were a bit less exciting, but nothing on this show was really bad.

I really liked No Way Out's chamber matches this year, and they shook things up, which was nice, but the rest of the card was bland. Finlay/Swagger, Orton/McMahon and some third match I've already forgotten despite looking it up just a minute ago. Two matches does not make for a great PPV.

I'd have to go with Bragging Rights. The concept was new and fresh. Also, I thought every match was pretty entertaining, even the diva match was OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back