Best of CM Punk: Volume 2

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
It was reported this week that BITW will be getting a sequel. Which matches are essential to your collection, hardcore CM Punk fans?

Off the top of my head:
-Punk vs Miz vs Morrison at Survivor Series 2007
-Punk vs Edge on SmackDown in April 2008
-Punk/Kofi vs Miz/Morrison on Raw in late 2008
-Punk vs Jericho on Superstars in May 2009
-Any of the Punk vs Morrison matches from SmackDown in the summer of 2009
-Punk vs Mysterio on SmackDown in February 2010
-Punk vs Mysterio at Extreme Rules 2010
-Any of the Punk vs Orton matches from the spring of 2011
-Punk vs Mysterio at Capital Punishment 2011
-Punk vs Del Rio at Survivor Series 2011
-Punk vs Del Rio vs Miz at TLC 2011
-Punk vs Mark Henry the night after Mania in Miami
-Punk vs Henry in England
-Punk vs Jericho at Extreme Rules 2012
-Punk vs Bryan at Money in the Bank 2012
-Punk vs Cena at Night of Champions 2012

Do I favour the recent? Perhaps. But Punk's been given a lot of huge opportunities this last year and a half and has hit it out of the park time after time. Though I'm sure forgotten some ECW matches, and there are some indy bouts it would be nice to see on the set.

Punk's speech after Raw in Chicago the night after SummerSlam 2008 might be nice. Not to mention Punk's After The Bell promo after the go-home Raw before The Bash in 2008. And a clip of Punk shit-talking Randy Orton before Unforgiven 2008. And the ovation he got the week after winning the belt in 2008, before they sabotaged him by throwing him in a feud with Batista. Because I really want to see a case made for him being a great good guy who the company overlooked.

And I'm nitpicking. Still, very excited.

I'm at a disadvantage because I've not seen the first one yet. Additionally, I've got an awful memory for matches and you've hoovered up most of the recent ones which come to mind. You are a cruel - and unusual - mistress.

Forgive me if I'm repeating stuff:
  1. His four corners match against Umaga.
  2. Highlights of his role in the 2009 and 2010 Royal Rumbles.
  3. His match against Orton in the UK
  4. His (second to) last night at Ring of Honor, when the ring gets covered in streamers and he bursts into tears.
  5. One of the matches he had with Morrison as world champion.
  6. His triple threat with Edge and Hardy on SmackDown.
  7. A Samoa Joe match (with alternative commentary by competent announcers).

I'm assuming that WWE would pay ROH its asking price of $20 for the footage.

1. Great pick.
2. I assume you mean the 2010 and 2011 Rumbles.
3 Great pick that's covered in my post. Great minds and all that jazz.
4. Incidentally, that show also marked Matt Hardy's departure from ROH. The good ones never stay.
5. See 3.
6. Great pick. Though it occurred on Raw. His NOC or cage match with Hardy would be great picks as well, though I omitted them as I already have Jeff Hardy's DVD.
7. All Star Extravaganza 2 would be ideal.

And I think we can both agree that there's no need for a Punk DVD to include his MITB wins. Bad enough the first one is eating up space on BITW. The sequel best not have the WM25 ladder match.

Though Punk's cash-ins would be a nice addition to the set.

The cell match with Cena and Del Rio is one of two Punk matches from his WWE run that I haven't seen. The other is his cell match with Ryback. How bizarre.

And yes. I am unusual. Clearly too large a Punk fan, even by IWC standards.

Oh, hey. Punk vs Cena from the Thanksgiving Raw in 2009 was quite good, wasn't it? And a first-time-ever dream match for me at the time. Of course it's easy for me to say I saw Punk vs Cena coming a mile away now that we've all seen how well it's turned out, but I did!

As did I. Up there as a point of pride with "They should bring back Austin Aries and make him world champion." Peacock feathers deployed.

You're right about the Rumble years - I was working backwards from this year and assumed it was 2011 for some reason. It's important that Punk's running promo in 2010 (yeah?) and Punk versus Bryan to start 2011 (yeah?) are included. I'm bad at years.

There's a Punk/Guerrero/Mysterio three-way kicking about somewhere. Mysterio's maskless so I think there's fuck all chance of that getting in.

Did Punk's matches with Regal - for the intercontinental title and in King of the Ring - get in the first one?

As did I. Up there as a point of pride with "They should bring back Austin Aries and make him world champion." Peacock feathers deployed.

You're right about the Rumble years - I was working backwards from this year and assumed it was 2011 for some reason. It's important that Punk's running promo in 2010 (yeah?) and Punk versus Bryan to start 2011 (yeah?) are included. I'm bad at years.

There's a Punk/Guerrero/Mysterio three-way kicking about somewhere. Mysterio's maskless so I think there's fuck all chance of that getting in.

Did Punk's matches with Regal - for the intercontinental title and in King of the Ring - get in the first one?

His one against Regal in Chicago did.

His match with Regal in Chicago got in. The only one that really made an impression on me.

This is AWESOME! Not only am I a Punk fan but BITW was great! Also the match selection, while very good, was somewhat limited due to the obvious attention put on the documentry & special behind the scenes stuff. I think a BITW vol.2 emphasizing more on Punk's feuds & matches in WWE & less on his personal life & early career leading to WWE would be great!

- vs. Elijah Burke Judgement Day 2007 -1st Singles bout on PPV]
-Tables Match:&The ECW Originals vs. Matt Striker, Elijah Burke, & Marcus Cor Von [One Night Stand 2007]
- vs. The Miz [Cyber Sunday 2007]
-Gulf of Mexico Match: vs. Chavo Guererro [ECW I think? As well as highlighting their feud & Punk hitting Chavo w/ the guitar(if their feud wasn't already highlighted in BITW vol.1, I forget if it was)]
- vs. Matt Hardy [KotR 2008 Round 1]
- vs. Batista [Great American Bash 2008]
-& Kofi vs. Miz & Morrison [RAW 2008]
-Strap Match: vs. Umaga [Extrme Rules 2009]
-Submissions Only Match: vs. The Undertaker [Breaking Point 2009]
- vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Jack Swagger vs. The Big Show [Fatal 4-Way 2010]
- vs. The Big Show [Night of Champions 2010]
- vs. Edge [I think it was RAW? Just before BraggingRights 2010]
-Last Man Standing: vs. Orton [Extreme Rules 2011]
- vs. Rey Mysterio [Capitol Punishment 2011]
-Triple Threat Falls Count Anywhere Match: vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio [RAW: 6-20-11]
-No DQ: vs. Triple H [Night of Champions 2011]
-&Triple H vs. The Miz & R-Truth [Vengeance 2011]
-No DQ: vs. Mark Henry [RAW 2012]
-Chicago Street Fight: vs. Chris Jericho [Extreme Rules 2012]
-Triple Threat: vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Kane [No Way Out 2012]
- vs. John Cena [Night of Champions 2012]

Beyond that I just hope they touch more on Punk & The SES, as well as feature Punk forming the New Nexus & his time leading them. And featuring the cage match from RAW that saw Punk finally take over as the new leader of the Nexus with Barrett vs. Cena I think? That'd be nice. I would also love to see more highlights featuring Punks work on commentary.

This is AWESOME! Not only am I a Punk fan but BITW was great! Also the match selection, while very good, was somewhat limited due to the obvious attention put on the documentry & special behind the scenes stuff. I think a BITW vol.2 emphasizing more on Punk's feuds & matches in WWE & less on his personal life & early career leading to WWE would be great!

- vs. Elijah Burke Judgement Day 2007 -1st Singles bout on PPV]
-Tables Match:&The ECW Originals vs. Matt Striker, Elijah Burke, & Marcus Cor Von [One Night Stand 2007]
- vs. The Miz [Cyber Sunday 2007]
-Gulf of Mexico Match: vs. Chavo Guererro [ECW I think? As well as highlighting their feud & Punk hitting Chavo w/ the guitar(if their feud wasn't already highlighted in BITW vol.1, I forget if it was)]
- vs. Matt Hardy [KotR 2008 Round 1]
- vs. Batista [Great American Bash 2008]
-& Kofi vs. Miz & Morrison [RAW 2008]
-Strap Match: vs. Umaga [Extrme Rules 2009]
-Submissions Only Match: vs. The Undertaker [Breaking Point 2009]
- vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Jack Swagger vs. The Big Show [Fatal 4-Way 2010]
- vs. The Big Show [Night of Champions 2010]
- vs. Edge [I think it was RAW? Just before BraggingRights 2010]
-Last Man Standing: vs. Orton [Extreme Rules 2011]
- vs. Rey Mysterio [Capitol Punishment 2011]
-Triple Threat Falls Count Anywhere Match: vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio [RAW: 6-20-11]
-No DQ: vs. Triple H [Night of Champions 2011]
-&Triple H vs. The Miz & R-Truth [Vengeance 2011]
-No DQ: vs. Mark Henry [RAW 2012]
-Chicago Street Fight: vs. Chris Jericho [Extreme Rules 2012]
-Triple Threat: vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Kane [No Way Out 2012]
- vs. John Cena [Night of Champions 2012]

Beyond that I just hope they touch more on Punk & The SES, as well as feature Punk forming the New Nexus & his time leading them. And featuring the cage match from RAW that saw Punk finally take over as the new leader of the Nexus with Barrett vs. Cena I think? That'd be nice. I would also love to see more highlights featuring Punks work on commentary.
Fuck. Off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back