Best No Way Out match ever!!

Would you have liked to see No Way Out continue?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
No Way Out first took place under the IYH name in 1998, and then from 2000 til 2009, it gave us some great matches, for some years it was Smackdown! exclusive. It took place in the month of February every year before the Grandaddy of 'em all.

What I want to know is: what was your favourite match to take place at No Way Out?

For me it would have to be in 2004, when Eddie Guererro, who was the definite underdog, defeated Brock Lesnar to become the new WWE Champion. It was his first and only reign and went on to succesfully defend it the following ppv, Wrestlemania XX. That match between Brock and Eddie was one to remember.

At 2nd, i would have the 2000 main event, Hell in a Cell, Cactus Jack, with his career on the line vs Triple H, with the WWF champion on the line. What a great match between the two, who would have thought they could top the Royal Rumble street fight, Cactus took some nasty falls in that match.

That's mine, What's yours?

Moderator said:
Do not just list matches, give reasons for your choices.

I agree 100% about the Guerrero/Lesnar match in 2004.

Other picks include:

1. Big Show vs. JBL (only Barbwire Steel Cage Match):

This had a great buildup. It wasn't a perfect match throughout, but it had a great ending and like stated, was one of a kind.

2. The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan 2:

Big fight atmosphere once again. Many fans have been wanting this rematch for close to a decade. It delivered, though the ending wasn't as great as the first, it still is a genuine classic.

3. The Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle:

Anyone who is a fan of pure-athletic wrestling has to have this on their list. There was no real storyline needed for this amazing match.

For me there are only two to decide between. Other matches were good too, but two stand clearly above the rest. The runner up would be the three stages of hell between Steve Austin and Triple H from 2001. That was an excellent fight and had a surprising result.

The best No Way Out match has to be Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle in 2006. These two had crossed paths a few times over the years, but this on was their best match together. This was match of the year in my opinion. I just wish it took place at WrestleMania 22 instead.

My favorite No Way Out matches are:

1) Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Triple H- No Way Out 2001. This was the best way to close out a great feud between the two. The buildup was great, and the match more than delivered. A lot of people I talk to today are still PO'ed about the finish. So what? Austin couldn't win every match. It's not like he had an S on his chest, unlike some "other" "superstar."

2) Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker- No Way Out 2006- Just a damn good match between two wrestlers who had great chemistry with one another. The ending was perfect for the match as it kept Undertaker's status safe, and it made Angle look like the wrestling machine.

3) Triple H vs. Cactus Jack- Hell in a Cell- No Way Out 2000- Great ending for Mick Foley's career.... PART I. This helped end Foley's WWE career while it gave Triple H that much more hardcore wrestling credibility. In addition, it helped set the pace for what I personally believe was the best period in Triple H's career (Jan. 00- May 01).

Honorable Mentions
- Hogan vs. Rock II- No Way Out 2003- Great match. Just lacking in a solid finale, although it set up McMahon/Hogan perfectly.
- RVD vs. Goldust- No Way Out 2002- SAVED THE SHOW! Unexpectedly solid contest and worth a view if you haven't seen it.
- Smackdown Elimination Chamber (No Way Out 2009)- Solid match that featured some cool spots, good wrestling, and a shocking opening five minutes.
- Stephanie McMahon vs. Trish Stratus- No Way Out 2001- I have to mention this match because to me, other than Lita vs. Trish Stratus on Raw 2004, this was the best women's match I have ever seen. There weren't very many wrestling maneuvers, but the intensity and viciousness that the match had was unprecedented for that type of a match. Check it out on YouTube if you haven't seen it yet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsLijqMA6jA

I dunno why, but I really dig the Cena vs. Orton match in 08. The crowd was white hot for both of them, and I loved the finish and so did the crowd. I thought it was exactly what a match should be.

well like most of u i have to go with the kurt vs taker at 2006 i mean granted taker is my fav and he didnt win but it was one of the most intense and exiting matches to watch the styles were so contrast.
my second fav suprisingly is cena vs angle 2005 it was exiting to watch and unpredictable at the time
and my third goes to the rock vs the undertaker at 2002 if u watch it ,its between two of the best entertainers and is a brutal battle

By far, I would have to say Triple H vs. Steve Austin in a Three Stages of Hell Match (Standard/Street Fight/Cage Match). The build-up alone for this match was intense and the match picked up where the build-up left off. The intensity level rised with every fall and the ending was a satisfying end to the feud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back