Best Mick Foley Matches of all time

golden miz

.... BECAUSE I'M AWESOME
Since Foley debut in TNA, I started thinking about all of the greatest matches he ever had, What is everyones faviorite Foley Match of all time.

My fav is Mankind vs. Shawn Micheals at Mind Games in 1996. The reason why I love this match, and it actually is my fav of all time, was it highlighted all of mandkind's idocincricys and pushed both men to their limits. It was perfectly worked and brilliant.

The first one that pops into my head is his hardcore match with Edge at WrestleMania 22. Love that match...also, you can't mention Foley with the HIAC match at King of the Ring 1998. Not so much for being a technical masterpiece as it was the most horrifying thing I ever saw. Horrifyingly beautiful. Err, yeah.

I love a lot of his matches on his first DVD. HE had a good match with Vader in WCW. And decent matches with Sabu and Dreamer in ECW.

The Mind Games match is pure awesomeness IMO. He makes HBK look incredible; it was just a pity that the ending stinked. That was a fued that I would loved to have seen happen 10 years ago.

The HIAC is unmatched, nothing will ever happen like that ever again. Absolutely amazing, incredible, cringeworthy, historic. I do wonder whether it is a bit of a shame that he will be remembered for this one match.

He had some great encounters vs the Rock, though I believe the ten successive chair shots in that Rumble I Quit match was a bit much, especially as he knew his kids were there.

But I think his best match may have been Cactus Jack vs HHH at 2000 Rumble, the street fight. I reckon it may be one of the best street fights ever. (Their HIAC wasnt bad either, but the WM main event was a let down, especially when he flopped on that elbow drop, it was a match which didnt heat up until he and Big Slow got eliminated.)

Since then though, he has only had two matches which were worth a damn. I believe he helped Orton and Edge like no one else in the business could. There were absolutely superb matches of their type and are only second to the HHH street fight.

I would like to see him do well in TNA but he needs to stay out of the ring. His mike skills are good enough to do well and help someone there. If he gets in the ring he may let himself down.

His Best Matches Go In This Order
1 Streety Fight Vs Hhh Royal Rumble 2000 This Match Was Definitely Catus Best Hardcore Match And Hhh As Well. Hhh Cam Ut Looking Like A Million Bucks. Im Still Dissapointed Foley Didnt Win This Match In His Hometown He Should Have Main Evented At Least One Wm

2 Foley Vs Hbk Mind Games. Pure All Around Good Wrestleing Match Maybe The Best Foley Ever. Hbk And Foley Gave It There All. The Ending Did Suck Though.

3 Foley Vs Rock Last Man Standing And I Quit Match. These Two Were Probably Foleys Best Feud Ever. The Last Man Standing Was Great Even The Draw Ending. The I Quit Ws Good To But Rock Should Not Have Won Here It Should Have Been Foley And Austin At Wm. I Was Pissed The Ladder Match Was So Short

4 Foley Vs Undertaker Hell In A Cell. Horrifing And Sadisic Thats All Needs To Be Said Here.

5 Foley Vs Hhh Hell In A Cell I Thought Hhh Did A Great Job Of Putting Foley Over Here. I Thought When Cactus Went Through Cell And Caved Ring He Was Dead. Even I Was Shocked Like Hhh Was When He Moved. Foley Should Have Had A High Spot Here Like Nailing The Ddt Through The Cell On The Flamming Barbed Wire. Thats All Tha Sucked Here.

6 Edge Vs Foley Wm 22 This Match Was Fun And Entertaining At The Same Time. The Ending Was Perfect. It Was Priceless Seeing Egde Spear Foey Through The Flamming Table And Them Moving Around Like They Were On Fire. Good Sell And Put Edge Over With Te Fans.

7 Foley Vs Orton. Backlash 04 Intercontinal Champ Belt. Hardcore Action To The Extreme.

8 Foley Vs Ric Flair Summerslam 06 Hardcore. This Match Should Have Been Longer And It Was Good For What It Was.

9 Foley And Edge Vs Dreamer And Funk One Night Stand This Match Was Sadistic Top Extreme Action. Sick Ending With Foley And Funk And Edge Spearing Buellia Was Sick To And Then Putting Her Legs Over Her Head. Thats Weird

10 Foley Vs Funk Raw 1997 This Match Was Crazy And Caught The Fans Eye And Me. Two Legends Beating The Shit Out Of Each Other

The first one that pops into my head is his hardcore match with Edge at WrestleMania 22. Love that match...also, you can't mention Foley with the HIAC match at King of the Ring 1998. Not so much for being a technical masterpiece as it was the most horrifying thing I ever saw. Horrifyingly beautiful. Err, yeah.

I don't know if the WrestleMania match could ever be in consideration for the best match of Mick Foley's Career. Sure it was a good match, but what was it? Filler on a bad Wrestlemania. So many more matches of Foley were important. The clips will live on forever. But saying that one match involving tacs and a flaming table, where the two opponents turned around and became friends in the ring didn't matter much to the history of wrestling, nor to the history of his career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back