• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Indy talent not under contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepoo62

Pre-Show Stalwart
I'm sure this has been done before but I would like to know who the best Indy wrestler is without including WWE, TNA contracted wrestlers. We all know Joe and Senshi are great but they don't count here. I think I would like to start with my pick: Jack Evans.

Evans has not had a lot of exposure but he is really innovative and truly embodies where Indy wrestling has evolved to today:

- Performs with many promotions in many countries
- exceptional work rate
- too small for Vince
- Innovative flying moves
- not selfish

What do you think?

yes i agree on evans he is so talented other people i fink who r good wrestlers are brent allbright aka gunner scott he is very talented and got quite good ring skills they are reports saying he is going to go to roh obviously that would be good.
i also think maybe sean waltman he is good inring skills he has mic skills and he is a good wrestler who should be back on tv in wwe or tna.

Bryan Danielson - You could argue that he's the top technical wrestler in the world right now. However, Vince McMahon probably thinks that Danielson has little charisma (honestly, he doesn't have much) and he'd probably be mid-carding on either SD or ECW. Danielson deserves better and he'd be a better fit for TNA feuding with Styles, Daniels, Joe, Angle, and Christian.

One guy who an American fed should try to get is Mistico. He's probably Mexico's best performer and he's far superior to a young Rey Mysterio or Juventud Guerrara. He'd fit wonderfully in the X-Division.

You guys have obviously said it already, Jack Evans. He can be added to the respectable list of successful wrestler that were trained by Stu Hart (odd how technical geniuses like Bret, Owen, and Benoit were trained by - so were power houses with questionable wrestling ability like Mark Henry, Test, and Knox - as well as an airborne freak like Evans). I mean, he's probably the best high flyer in the world. Imploding 450s, standing 450s, 630 moonsaults, 630 splashes...holy hell

I was thinking of every single worker mentioned here so far! How about we take this conversation in a different direction and talk about the most underated indy talent. I want to hear about guys that I have never seen before. I don't have enough Indy knowledge to even suggest someone but I would like it if you could.

The big answer on this thread I know is going to be Bryan Danielson... I have watched some of his work and I'm not very impressed with him. I'm going to give my two picks... First is MDogg 20.. This kid started out as a backyarder with his best friend Josh Prohibation they went on to wrestling school and are now pros... But MDogg is the most athletic wrestler I have ever seen. Go to youtube and watch his CzW match Vs Sonjay Dutt it is quite possibly one of the best matches I have ever seen! If MDogg was given a chance in TNA X-Divison and got to have matches with the likes of Sabin, Dutt, Styles, Daniels, and Lethal there would be so classics in there.

My second pick is Chris Hero.... It is said he has a bad locker room reputation but he is such a good wrestler, and he can work a mic. He is awesome... SO thoes are my two picks

I would have to say that I have to list 5 Great wrestlers they all come from APW Tito Aquino,Dana Lee,John Oliver,Kafu and Mr instatant replay he is a great high flyer.

Well i'm going to have to agree with most and name Bryan Danielson as my #1pick, like said before he is simply one of the best wrestlers in the world right now and TNA and WWE are missing out on an incredible talent and a very close second goes to My curent favorite indy talent in Roedrick Strong he is simply one of the best and underrated wrestlers peroid, I don't know what the hell TNA was thinking letting this guy go and in the long run I think it will be a huge mistake.

Now for the high Flyers section like stated earlier Jack Evans is an aewsome high flying flashy character that could easily get over in any company he chooses. Teddy Hart is just as if not better in the ring than Evans bad attitude or not backstage this kid is something worth seeing. MDogg20 again like stated above is a very talented man and should diffenently be on The "Big Two's" scouting reports.

I mean I could go on forever with guys like Matt Sydal, Claudio Castagnoli, Doug Williams, The Amazing Red, The S.A.T(The Maximo's), Jerrelle Clark, Kenny King, Jimmy Rave, Jason "The true master of the Shooting Star Legdrop known as Crossfire" Cross, Nigel McGuiness, Chris Hero, John "Real innovator of the Back Cracker/ LungBlower" Walters, The Briscoe Brothers, Super Dragon and I could continue but won't all these guys are super talented and deserve a chance to shine and deserve a chance to showcase their incredible talents to all of us wrestling fans not just the internet junkies.

Teddy Hart is one that no one has metioned He can wrestle and work very well he has alot of chrasima and is good at promos his locker room attitude needs work though

my pick is Mr. #1 Mike Jones. 6'1" 180 pounds. wrestles like Dean Malenko and is a 14 time world champion and a 9 time tag team champion.

COLT COBANA...he is just the type of wrestler WWE could really get behind...great personna, even greater in the ring...i am not a huge fan of his, but every time i see him wrestle i really enjoy it...it doesnt hurt that he is buddies with CM Punk, either...i bet we see him sooner rather than later in the WWE

THE BRISCOES...best tag team in the world...f***ing love their gimmick and style...a real treat to watch...havent seen a bad match involving the two yet

BRYAN DANIELSON...the American Dragon is the Best Wrestler in the World...enough has been said already, but i agree, if he were to sign with WWE i think for sure they would turn him into a scrub

JACK EVANS...his day is coming, too...i like him a lot, and he could be HUGE in WWE, given the right direction...i could see him playing the role of John Cena's little buddy

TEDDY HART!!!!

either you people havent seen im wrestle or you avent seen him for his attitude, but he is exetremely talented. You would have attitude to if your granfather was stu art and your uncles are bret and the late great owen hart

he makes great promos and has a ton of charisma

his open heart surgery, asai moonsault, and hart attack are jaw dropping.

also jack evans is very good, sometimes i just get tired of seeing him do a flip every move

also, MDogg 20is incredible

COLT COBANA...he is just the type of wrestler WWE could really get behind...great personna, even greater in the ring...i am not a huge fan of his, but every time i see him wrestle i really enjoy it...it doesnt hurt that he is buddies with CM Punk, either...i bet we see him sooner rather than later in the WWE

THE BRISCOES...best tag team in the world...f***ing love their gimmick and style...a real treat to watch...havent seen a bad match involving the two yet

BRYAN DANIELSON...the American Dragon is the Best Wrestler in the World...enough has been said already, but i agree, if he were to sign with WWE i think for sure they would turn him into a scrub

JACK EVANS...his day is coming, too...i like him a lot, and he could be HUGE in WWE, given the right direction...i could see him playing the role of John Cena's little buddy

I agree w/ pretty much everything you said.

Colt I would think should be in the E, by the end of this year. Hell I could see him playing his Matt Classic character in the E as well. I'm not a big fan of his wrestling, but he is good & he oozes charisma.

Briscoes are the best tag team. They'd have to tone down their style to be in the E, but they've got a GREAT look and they are very talented. The E could pick them up and I think most fans would buy into their southern badass attitude. They are tatted from head to toe & hell Mark Briscoe is missing his 2 front teeth. On looks alone they could be in the E, but their stiff strong style of wrestling doesn't fit. Never a bad match w/ these guys.

Danielson is the best. I don't see him going to TNA or the E. I don't think he wants to be limited. He couldn't wrestle the way he wants to for either. He'll be just fine wrestling in Japan & all over the US. ROH keeps growing & that means Danielson's stock will keep rising. He's got more charisma than people give him credit for, but he's made his name through his matches. He truely is the best in the world.

Jack Evans is small. I think that's the only reason why he isn't in the E. He doesn't have a lot of muscle. But damn he has charisma & damn he is very enjoyable to watch. And the scary thing is he keeps getting better & better. Wrestling for Dragon Gate in Japan has really helped him. He could easily play Cena's little buddy. He's popular wherever he goes because of his flashy in ring high flying work. He'd be over in a heart beat w/ the E fans. I think if the E wanted to revamp their Cruiserweight division he'd be a great guy to do that with, but it is his size & lack of muscle definition that is hurting him.

Id have to add to this as this is a cool thread. Bryan Danialson is an obvious answer. Ill add Brent Albright to this as He is someone that WWE missed the boat on completely He could have been the next Benoit in the WWE. Jimmy Jacobs is a guy that I am Keeping an eye on as he impressed me in his time with WSX and Im just liking the cruisers right now even though WWEs Cruiser division is in a rut right now.

Id have to add to this as this is a cool thread. Bryan Danialson is an obvious answer. Ill add Brent Albright to this as He is someone that WWE missed the boat on completely He could have been the next Benoit in the WWE. Jimmy Jacobs is a guy that I am Keeping an eye on as he impressed me in his time with WSX and Im just liking the cruisers right now even though WWEs Cruiser division is in a rut right now.

Jimmy Jacobs looks like such a douche, but then you watch hima couple times, and you find out that he is probably the most "extreme" wrestler this side of the original ECW...i have a couple of the Fith Year Festival shows from ROH to watch still, and the Windy City Death Match between Jacobs and Colt Cabana is one of the first i am going to check out...anyways, i read that Jacobs got injured in his cage match against BJ Whitmer a couple weeks ago, and he is on the sidelines for a few months now...but the kid definatly is tougher than shit

I'm going with Teddy Hart. I like the kid. He has talent and charisma. If he just fixes his backstage attitude he can be back in TNA or WWE. I think Teddy Hart can have great matches with anybody that can keep up with him. I liked his tag match with team Dragon Gate in WSX. I also like the WSX Ladder match for the WHC shot when he did the open hart surgery. Leading me to say M-Dogg 20 is another good guy that has talent and charisma and should get a contract. His matches with Sonjay Dutt were fucking awesome. Forgot the promotion it was in but it definitely wasnt ROH.

Evans is good, but he's a bit too much of a "crash and burn merchant" for me.

The "messiah of the backbreaker" Roderick Strong is one of my current favourites, but at the moment my vote would go to Sterling James Keenan. Very good worker and excellent heel promos. A young CM punk almost.

my vote would have to go to sal rinauro. He has great ring psychology, but can also deliver high spots when needed, and has great charisma.

Well,let me think hard,Bryan Danielson.He kind of reminds me of a young Bob Backlund as far as his looks go.Now his moveset.Well let's go with a chris benoit(R.I.P),Christopher Daniels,Ric Flair,Dean Malenko,plus any other great wrestler you've ever seen.Call up PWI and ask them to run a 200 pg. special on Danielsons moveset and they would have about 1 page left.use that to warn people never to use these moves cuz they will get hurt.build up his mic skills and markability and you have a main eventer in tna or wwe.

hey man,i forgot Teddy Hart and MDogg-20.WSX tag team The Filth and the Fury.Now i know hart got signed up with wwe,but to to a New Hart Foundation.That woudn't go over as well as The FatF would.They could have some Truly amazing matches with L&K for the tag titles.Better yet,move these guys to raw move,matt to raw,reform the hardyz,get the tag straps of of C&M and have a TLC with L&K,hardyz,and The FatF.they could also get both in TNA.Can you think tag titles on AJ&CDvs.The FatF in an Ultimate X match for the Tag Titles of TNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back