Best free Steam games

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
So I've gotten back into using my Steam account lately and realized that on my current PC I only have TF2, Civ 5, and Empire: Total War. I'm seriously considering getting Gotham City Imposters. I was wondering what are some of the best free games out there that you fine gents play?

Besides Team Fortress 2? Tribes:Ascend is supposed to be good, but is a beast with the resources you need to play it. DC Universe is ok, but gets boring after a while.

Tribes: Ascend is really fun but can be frustrating when you are first playing because you will go matches with zero or just a couple kills for a while.

I don't know about free games, but there are annual summer and winter sales. Just missed the big annual summer sale (it wasn't that good), but wait until Christmas time and pick up pretty much whatever you want. You can sometimes get MAJOR deals on expensive games for less than $10. Cheap games get even cheaper. I got Braid, Psychonauts, and Super Meat Boy for $2 each. I got Mass Effect 1 & 2 for $20.

For God sakes Killam he's asking about free games not "SO DAMN CHEAP THEY'RE FREE" games. TF2 is probably the best but it's entirely Pay-to-Win. DC is ok but starts off slow and the interface isn't good for PC gaming. It can also get pretty boring.

TF2 is mostly the best. I've never played Tribes, but calling it "free" is kind of unfair. It's not like LoL, where you just get enticed to buy stuff but can succeed without it. You really have to pay for a lot of shit to be any good at Tribes, from what I hear.

For God sakes Killam he's asking about free games not "SO DAMN CHEAP THEY'RE FREE" games. TF2 is probably the best but it's entirely Pay-to-Win. DC is ok but starts off slow and the interface isn't good for PC gaming. It can also get pretty boring.

Someone sure is sensitive about their gaming, aren't they?

Not really. Anyone who as used or even heard of Steam knows fully well about the Steam sales.

Oh, you're right. How dare Killam try to add something to this ********** of a conversation, consisting of multiple people mentioning the same games over and over. How dare he?!

Calm down. And DC doesn't get boring, it is boring. Maybe I should have said it gets more boring the longer you play. You can try DC on the PS3, but it sucks there too.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Pay anything you want for all of those games. Most free games on Steam have a large group of players who pay for upgrades to make them better than you, so that isn't an option unless you dont mind getting destroyed often. Gotham City Impostors and Tribes: Ascend are examples of that. I say buy the Humble Bundle for a penny. Well worth it especially for Torchlight.

Edit: I only said to pay a penny because he asked for free games, I doubt he wants to pay a bunch of money. Personally, I donate 25 bucks for each Humble Bundle. You choose how to divide up the money you spend between developers, charity, and a tip for the company. I usually do 75% charity, 25% developers. It's a great cause and an awesome idea.

I don't see how TF2 or Tribes is Pay-To-Win, TF2 goes best with the base weapons for every class. Tribes, No skill at all, just spam the spin-gun around the flag and you'll get kills. Gotham City though, just gives the other players who pay a huge lead. You can catch up, just not for awhile/ever. Still very fun.

Having said that, Blacklight: Retribution is just as good as TF2 is now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back