• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Factions

j.beaner

Occasional Pre-Show
This is only my second Thread, and srry if its been done but.... What i'd like to know is what your favorite Faction. Im a huge fan of the old WCW. So i love A lot of there old Stables. Such as The Four Horsemen, nWo, the Wolfpack ect. But some say that DX is bigger than the nWo. So i thought id see what the IWC has to say. Is it the Nation of Domination, The Ministry, The Cororation, The Fabulous Freebirds, The Radicalz, Legacy, Evolution, idk those are just a few to get the ball rolling. So Whats Ur Favorite Wrestling Faction??

The Four Horseman have to be the greatest faction ever. No team has had the longevity that the Horseman have had. They lasted for a long time while not missing a step at all even with the changes in their line up. Not to mention they always had great wrestlers to compliment the team. Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Dean Malenko, and Chris Benoit are just a few examples of terrific wrestlers to come from the Four Horseman.

The next best faction in my mind is the nWo. What they did in the mid 90's was amazing and really did some interesting things to the business, if those change were good is up for interpretation. From 1996 to 1998 the nWo was terrific, though like many great things it began to get old and stale, thus the reason I can only list them as the number 2 faction ever.

4. NWO(Old): This team had the best start of all time with the most shocking heel turn of all time! They constantly made sure Hogan had the belt and if he didn't have it they would make sure he would hold soon. Their attacks on superstars with the "nWo" written on the persons back was quite original. They started adding more and more members which just ruined them.
3. Nation Of Domination: I liked this team especially with Farooq as their leader. They had an awesome gimmick & they even had good matches with Ahmed Johnson(Which is hard to do) and had a great match against Johnson & L.o.D at wrestlemaina. Once their original members went the Rock & D'Lo Brown joined and this really helped the rock develop the brilliant charisma which helped make him becaome main event talent.
2.The Radicalz: What was there to hate about a team full of great wrestlers? These guys had established themselves everywhere except in the WWF. They came as invaders as everyone knew just where these guys were coming from. They had such great chemistry in the ring together before they all went their seperate ways.
1.Too Cool: When Scotty 2 Hotty, Grand Master Sexay hit the ring you went fucking insane! They were one of the top teams during the zenith of the tag teams in 2000. I will never forget seeing my first PPV which was Royal Rumble 2000 and seeing Too Cool dance was awesome and hilarious at the same time. They danced with the likes of Chris Jericho, Chyna, The Hardys & Lita. The team were both good wrestlers(Scott Taylor being the better). To this day i will always see Scott Taylor as a very underatted wrestler. Once Brian Lawler got released both Scott & Rikishi got lost in the shuffle of it all but in 2004 they reformed but then beat the Bashams for the tag titles and even defended the titles at wrestlemania 20 and did the always entertaining dance and once Rikishi left WWE Scott sadly became a jobber.

There edited down to 4

I've always been a fan of the Ministry of Darkness. It was led by a sinister Undertaker who use to sacrifice people and then have them emerge with a whole new look as part of his followers. Great wrestlers became known in this faction such as Edge, Christian, Bradshaw, and it gave Ron Simmons a fresh jump on his career. They were able to do some crazy stuff during this era like abduct Stephanie Mcmahon and put superstars such as Austin on Taker's symbol and raise them up like he was being crucified. Then the faction revealed Vince Mcmahon as it's higher power and they merged with the Cooperation to become the Coorperate Ministry, and acquired such superstars as Shane and Vince Mcmahon and Triple H. I always loved seeing these two stables in WWE because it was so dark compared to anything that had been seen on wrestling to that time.

5. Cryme Tyme: I love this team. They have great chemistry though JTG is a very underated singles wrestler. They use good finishers both seperately & singlely(the shout out is awesome) but has always been the second rate tag team always losing to the champs. In my opinion they deserved the title a long time ago.
4. Miz and Morrison: A team that at first were not to great together but after a stellar fued with Jimmy Wang Yang & Shannon Moore they started to get much better at everything. They were simply hilarious on "The Dirt Sheet" and held the tag team championship for a long time then had a great dark match at Wrestlemania(Which was better than the Triple H/Orton match) but have now broken up & gone their seperate ways.
3. Paul London & Brian Kendrick: An awesome tag team that were always very entertaining to watch. On Smackdown they held the tag-team championship for nearly a year. They went to RAW where they jobbed for a long time. They went their seperate ways but were still awesome especially considering Brian Kendrick being in my opinion one of the best american wrestlers today.

I think you may be confused. A faction is 3 or more people bonded together. U're list a few tag teams. Although The Radicalz do count. And For a while Too cool had rikishi in it.

My personal favourite is Evolution mainly because I was a fan when watching it as opposed to having to look up some other stuff. It was always a great idea with the past (Flair), the present (HHH) and the future (Batista & Orton). I remember when they held all the male titles and also when Batista returned and took out Goldberg. The demolition with Batista was also great (Orton's departure was poor especially when he was the babyface and was jumping the heels as what amny describe him as the chicken shit champion). The elevation of the team was also great. Currently the SES is doing a good job and if we're talking about the past then Money Inc, The Heenan Family, The 1997 version of the Hart Foundation and of course the nWo are all great.
(Interesting note: All of the factions I mentioned are heels and subsequently it seems heels are mostly better as a stable then babyfaces)

1) The Four Horsemen/Evolution--Some may call this a cop out, but Evolution followed the formula that made the Horsemen successful. I basically look at Evolution as the WWE's resurrection of the greatest stable in wrestling history. Every time the Horsemen showed up, they dominated (less the Flair, Benoit, Mongo, Malenko group formed as an attempt to save WCW in its dying days).

2) The Heenan Family--I was only able to see the final years of the Heenan Family due to my age, but I have seen a great deal of videos (many thanks to YouTube) and can respect what Bobby Heenan did. IMHO, he's the greatest manager in wrestling history. In many ways, this was the first stable. The family lasted over 2 decades and had many greats: Nick Bockwinkel and the Blackjacks in AWA; Andre the Giant, Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, Big John Studd, Paul Orndorff, Harley Race, and the Brain Busters in the WWF.

3) nWo (Hogan, Hall, and Nash)--The original idea behind the nWo was brilliant. These guys were legitimately seen as invaders attempting to overtake WCW. The feud with Sting and constant question of whether or not he would join was compelling television. The problem is that it grew in size and became stale quickly. Had it just stayed as a small group that dominated the title scene, the nWo could have had a more lasting impact...PS, the WWE version was a failure in large part because of WWE fans' inability to accept Hogan as a heel.

4) D-Generation X--The first faction to make the list that is remembered primarily as faces. In its first two incarnations, DX was involved in feuds with the three great heel stables of the early Attitude Era (Hart Foundation, Nation of Domination, Corporation). Along with Steve Austin, DX was the face of the WWE for several years.

5) The Corporation/Corporate-Ministry/McMahon-Helmsley Regime--The Attitude Era was defined by anti-heroes fighting against the evil corporation that ran WWE. Headed by various McMahons over the years, rivalries and partnerships with the Corporation were responsible for creating the three biggest stars of the Attitude Era (Stone Cold, Rock, and Triple H).

6) Hart Foundation--Responsible for cementing Bret Hart as a heel character in the States, while remaining an over face stable in Canada and Europe. Rivalries with Steve Austin and DX helped push them to main event status and usher in the Attitude Era.

7) Nation of Domination--The Rock's heel turn was what made him great, and the Nation was the breeding ground for his new persona. The memorable with DX in 1998 was some of the best programming done in the Attitude Era.

8) The Ministry of Darkness--The key to The Undertaker's heel turn in the late 90's early 00's. The bizarre rituals such as crucifying various wrestlers (and Stephanie McMahon). The Undertaker answering to a "higher power". The stable was essentially a satanic cult. It seemed that there was no way for Vince McMahon to stop them, until it was revealed that he was the "higher power" that the Undertaker answered to.

9) Legacy--Cemented Randy Orton as one of the greats of the era and began establishing Ted DiBiase, Jr. and to a lesser extent, Cody Rhodes as future stars of the company.

10) Million Dollar Corporation--Ted DiBiase's final attempt to use his money to control the WWF (for now, I'm hoping something happens with him and his son(s) in the near future). What really made this group stick out to me was the number of kid friendly faces that turned and joined Dibiase.

1.Evoloution: These guys (HHH,Ric Flai,Batista and Orton) were simply awesome.They had great chemistry and could make the crowd hate them with a passion.I love the way they broke up slowly

Four Horsemen: What is there to say? This faction was pure awesome!

Ministry of darkness: I loved this faction.They were so demonic and scary,especially Undertaker.He was a freak back then

DX (when they had people like x-pac): They were so funny and broke all the rules.The crowd loved them.

My personal favourite faction was also in WCW, it was the Dangerous Alliance. Paul Heyman was a great mouth piece and it provided the best War Games main event ever. Any group that had Heyman, Rick Rude, Madusa (she was kinda hot back in early 90s) and Stunning Steve Austin was money to me. Just a shame WCW killed it so soon!

My personal favorite faction is, and always will be:

THE BROOD:

The music. The entrance. Even the attires were amazing.

Gangrel: His vampire gimmick was perfectly sculpted. The blood spewing was done even before Triple H did it. The goblet, the pulsing red lights, the ring of fire, and quite possibly the best theme of Wwe's time.

Edge: Best hair in wrestling. and gained his beginnings of his great career in this stable. Coming through the crowd when solo, and with the brood as a group. Great intensity, and good on the mic (At that point, Before he became GREAT later on)

Christian: Didn't say a word during his Brood tenure. Was rather green in ring at this point, but it showed that he had potential.

They were cut down FAR too short in the time of the faction. And I loved when they were in the ministry.

They didn't have amazing feuds, until the hardyz, but I still feel that they are my favorite faction

Theres 3 I'm stuck between.

1.Team Extreme (Jeff & Matt Hardy & Lita)-Just what these people did was amazing. I don't think there were any women that did a moonsault like lita. And you never saw people jumpin off ladders like Jeff & Matt did.

2.The Four Horsemen-I don't think there was such a thing as playin dirty til these guys came around. There feud with Dusty Rhodes was epic. I'd love to watch over & over.

3.The Cliq (HBK, HHH, Razor Ramon & Diesel)- Yes I know they didn't wrestle together of often but come on if there huge ad there put in a faction well you gotta love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back