Best and Worst Looking Uniforms

Rhonda Rousey's Sports Bra

Kinda Sorta Old School
I know CH David has a thread somewhere in here about the best and worst looking logos but the whole uniform is what I'm lookin at here. I know this is a pretty spammy subject so everyone remember to give reasons why you choose the uniforms you choose.

My pick for the worst looking uniform goes to the Washington Wizards. Even when the used to be the Bullets they had an ugly uniform but since they had their name change they have gotten even worse. No wonder Gilbert Arenas throws his into the stands after every game. What makes these jerseys so bad are the colors along with a bad logo and worse name, I mean did Merlin shoot hoops in his spare time? Even worse than the normal jerseys are the alternates. Well heres a picture.

p925967reg.jpg

My pick for the best looking uniform is the San Francisco Giants. I love the color scheme and the history of them. For me simple is better and the vintage look to them really does it for me. The alternates and the road uniforms are both great too.

32-07956-F.jpg

The best looking uniform is REALLY easy for me.

32-11254-F.jpg
41-90133-F.jpg

Quite possibly the most well-known uniform in all of sports. The New York Yankees have worn the exact same style of uniform (white with Navy Blue Pinstripes, Navy Blue hat with the Interlocking NY) every year since the 1920's. This is the quintessential classic, awesome looking uniform that all others should be based off of.

The worst is another New York Jersey. In 1995, the New York Islanders attempted to try and make their jersey more representative of Long Island. What resulted was this:

Islanders16.png

This jersey was so successful, that the Islanders were forced to quickly adopt a 3rd jersey (to minimize the use of these nightmares, and to appease Islanders fans). The next season, the Gorton's Fisherman was replaced with the old logo, and the season after that, they went back to something very similar to their old jerseys.

This is my pick for worst

p9f7x6g3amgmu0c6fhp1.gif

I'm not sure what they were thinking for this jersey as a third one for the 95-96 season. This thing looks more like a tee shirt a kid would wear. Seriously a Duck as a goalie coming out of ice, since when do ducks emerge from ice? The jersey is way to cartoonish, I know Disney still owned them back then but this was just an epic fail to ever produce this one, no wonder it lasted just a year. I also hate the color scheme they used for it as well as the normal jerseys for that period.

As for my favorite

32-07465-F.jpg

I have always loved their uniform home or away. Love the color scheme. With baseball being America's past time, the home uniform represents the U.S. colors, with the exception of the yellow on the tomahawk.

How has anyone not said this yet...by far the worst jersey in the history of the NFL
SeahawksAltUni3.gif

I mean do i really need to say anything bout this or explain my reason? ITS NEON GREEN FOR HELLS SAKE!
The Best Uniform
09oregonducksnewunis.jpg

Oregon Ducks ive always liked there gear....kinda helps that the nike ceo is an Oregon Grad though..but there so unique and never the same every week

but id also like to add another to worst list
prod.jpg

This jersey embodies coward ism, choke artist,and giving up....and an a hole

MICHIGAN-STATE-thumb-330x302-37393.jpg

I know they're one of my favorite teams, but green is also my favorite color, and the one in the middle is the one I specifically like the most. Not heavy on the green, but enough where it makes an impact of sorts.

6674354_ab490e3a79_m.jpg

These, ugh, these look like something that the GLBT Community would think of as jerseys. Rainbow colors? What does that have to deal with Nuggets? These are a complete eyesore and their new jerseys look a million times better.

ThrowbackPlayers.jpg

These damn things were ugly as hell. I will admit that I was fond of the logo, but the colors are grotesque. It should come to no surprise that the team could never win while the had these uniforms, the year they changed didn't they win the Superbowl?(It might have been the year after.) I do not mind orange uniforms, but these creamsicle things need to stay away.

93806441_display_image.jpg

Do they come any better than this? The way the Maize and Blue blend together is so beautiful, it brings a tear to my eye. They have one of the best helmets in all of football, college or pro. I am not just saying this because they are my home team either, just look at this and tell me it doesn't look good.
phoca_thumb_l_hot_college_girls_rachel_michigan_01_display_image.jpg

ThrowbackPlayers.jpg

These damn things were ugly as hell. I will admit that I was fond of the logo, but the colors are grotesque. It should come to no surprise that the team could never win while the had these uniforms, the year they changed didn't they win the Superbowl?(It might have been the year after.) I do not mind orange uniforms, but these creamsicle things need to stay away.

93806441_display_image.jpg

Do they come any better than this? The way the Maize and Blue blend together is so beautiful, it brings a tear to my eye. They have one of the best helmets in all of football, college or pro. I am not just saying this because they are my home team either, just look at this and tell me it doesn't look good.
phoca_thumb_l_hot_college_girls_rachel_michigan_01_display_image.jpg

I agree with the Michigan gear all the way....nothing matches the maize and blue and the winged helmets! go blue

The worst looking jerseys would probably be any jersey worn by the Vancouver Canucks over the last extended period of time. They have varied from ugly, to uglier, to ugliest.

Of course the best looking hockey jerseys have to be the ones in black and gold, with the "B" on the chest.

Seriously< I was going to post the Oregon Ducks uniforms on this thread. I can't believe it took someone that long to get around to the Ducks of Oregon. Those are the UGLIEST uniforms in all of sports. I don't even understand how they keep coming up with uglier uniforms than the ones that they already have, but hands down. Ugliest uniforms ever. That's not even USC bias, that's just an ugly fucking uniform. Here's one people forgot, though.

Bonco's throwback from the AFL. It's shit brown with mustard yellow

matt-prater25209101.jpg

I'm going to post my two favorite uniforms of all-time. They are the old uniforms of the Patriots and the Broncos.

tom-brady-in-patriots-throwback-uniform-8x10_a8c4ae1a7813731c2e235c78fcbaf900.jpg

John-Elway-Photograph-C12192603.jpeg

I don't know why, but I've always loved these two uniforms. I wish uniforms today would be more colorful like how they used to be. All of the jerseys these days looks dull and dreary.

As for the worst uniforms:

GreenJerseys.jpg

I know, I know. I just sais I like colorful jerseys. But I don't like my retinas being burned. The bright green color does not work on anything, including football jerseys. It just looks horrible.

I know it was mentioned already.. But there was no picture to go along with it to show how truly ugly these things were.

0_quiz_jersey.jpg

Not to mention a few of the other ones the 'Nucks have used over the years.. Such as this

home_jersey-1989_big.jpg

Kind of sad that their best one, was something so simple.
vancouver-canucks-third-jersey-rbk.jpg

And now there's talks of yet another change. Which is long overdue, as their current one is a corporate logo, for a company that doesn't even have anything to do with them anymore.

I for one loved the Seahawks' Neon Green jerseys. In fact I own one and it seems everyone around here sans a few people love the things. I also love the Bucs creamscicle jerseys. Both are unique and I think that makes them appeal to me, because they are different. Back on topic. I'll give two of my favorites and least favorites.

4267596-wir-bears-vikings-football-11_30_2008-21-18-22.jpg

asomugha_article.jpg

Right there are my two favorite uniforms in the NFL. They are old school and clean looking. The Raiders uniforms are just so classy and they are so simple, but they work to a tee. The Vikings throwbacks are just like the Raiders. Simple look that works.

Packers+Throwback+Alternate.jpg

Buffalo_Bills.jpg

Now I like throwbacks, but those Packers jerseys are too much of a throwback. It just looks weird. And I just hate the Bills jerseys. Honestly I think they should switch to their throwbacks full time and ditch their current digs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back