• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Before They Were Superstars

TootsieBear

Pre-Show Stalwart
I wanted to start this thread after watching a match between Claudio Castagnoli vs. Brodie Lee, Cesaro and Luke Harper in WWE today. These matches are awesome and I think it would be fun for us to share whatever video with can find on YouTube of wrestlers in indie promotions like Ring of Honor before they became "WWE Superstars".

[YOUTUBE]RZkxAOTDH3Q[/YOUTUBE]

I recommend you look up the "King of Europe Cup" tournament that was held at Liverpool Olympia (in 2007 I think).

I went to the show and it was basically a 2 day KOTR style tournament with many promotions sending 1 wrestler to represent them in the competition. You had well known companies such as TNA, ROH, CZW and plenty of others participating.

Wrestlers on the show included:

Claudio Castagnoli (Cesaro)
Chris Hero (Kassius Ohno)
PAC (Adrian Neville)
Matt Sydal (Evan Bourne)
El Generico (Sami Zayn)
Rhino
Nigel McGuinness (Desmond Wolfe)

It really was a pretty star studded card when you look at what alot of the wrestlers went on to achieve afterwards. Check it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back