BC's graphics/sigs part two

Blue Chipper

Shapeshifting Humanoid
Welcome to BC's graphics thread, where I'm going to shamelessly boost my post count. I'll make a sig whenever I'm bored and post it here.

My first image is..

I think I'm required to explain how and why I made it. I'm sure you're not interested, though. Ok, so I found a pre-cut Stone Cold image and decided to use it because A.) It was cut flawlessly, and B.) I didn't have to cut my own. I randomly dotted the background with brushes, and made a new layer above SC to make a few brush strokes. I used squares in the background, an effect I saw Doc use. I spaced out the font a little because it looked better. I used a black stroke to complete it. That's about it. Look out for my next piece of loveliness.

Edit: I played around with it, and felt I should post this version as well. I used a different, more classic photo of Austin, and I also used a different font and font color.
16065135.jpg

Here's my second graphic of one of my favorite current wrestlers, Orton. I found a marvelous pic of Randy that just happened to go beautifully with a simple, smokey background that I made. I used one brush set, and two primary colors to make it. I used a gradient on the stroke to make it black and white. I couldn't find a font that I was happy with, but I think I'm content with this one.

72637354.jpg

Another, slightly different version with no text:

56258153.jpg

I loved how this one turned out. Definitely one of my best works to date. I'll probably be rocking it for awhile, to showcase the most interesting thing going on in wrestling.
23854324.jpg

Well, I took a variety of brushes and again, randomly used them. Then, I used a gradient to get them to the color scheme of WM 26. I got two pics of each man, desaturated one of each respective guy. I used a red stroke, and it worked. Lastly, I added the text which worked great as well.

Edit:

This is probably not a very visible change to the eye. I brightened the superstars a little, a style that Doc has taught me. I think I may like this one better.

58047980.jpg

What I did on this sig was played with the input/out put levels. I Duplicated the background to make it brighter. I almost used a rare white stroke on Sheamus, but decided to leave it as is. It's decent.
83136732.jpg

72794846.jpg

I liked how this one turned out as well. I think the font really fits well with the image. The background is simple, but I think it works.

gowo.jpg

This is the first time I didn't use an image that was already cut. Ah, the work. I think it turned out alright. It was fairly hard finding a fitting font for this (tongue twister, lol).

33873008.jpg

I used a colored pattern here for the background. I put an outer glow stroke on CM Punk. I think the text also matches.

rhgtrh.jpg

This background is a hybrid of a pattern and brush strokes. Sometimes patterns can work, and here is an example. The text fits well too, and it didn't need a stroke.

sdffl.jpg

This was kind of random. There's no logic to why I put these three guys here. I made a layer above them and made random brushes strokes. I also tinkered with the brightness of the superstars.

29021747.jpg

On this one I made the background by simply filling in the space with a basic brush. I used ctrl&Alt + l to brighten up the images. Not an overly complex sig, but that's why it works. I also made a layer above the text, made some brush strokes, and then combined the layers to make the color of the text.
On this sig you're probably thinking why I used blue instead of green, and my response is, I don't know.

It is great to see you back BC. I must say I love the update of the HBK/Taker Mania sig. Making them stand out really made the graphic better and really stand out on its own. I'm really digging all of the new work, you are getting better. And just so you know you might want to give explanations for the newest batch, as this is now non spam and explanation (like your previous batch) are needed for graphics.

Besides the HBK/Taker one I really really like the Santino sig. It is simple and sometimes simple is better. I think the only thing I would have done differently is use green instead of blue, as it would match the Italian flag. But the blue still works and doesn't hurt the overall effectiveness of the sig. To wrap up, the new stuff is great and hopefully you keep up the sig making and keep improving your game.

I appreciate it, Theo. I'm learning the ropes slowly. I have no idea why I put blue instead of green. Very stupid mistake. And, I agree, simplistic sigs can be great.
82370230.jpg

49205104.jpg

56406001.jpg

57815359.jpg

Got to give a thank you to Doc for providing me with this wonderful font that I used in two of the four sigs. I randomly picked the subjects of each sig. I added additional images on three of them, then desaturated them and played with the blending options. On the HBK one, I used a pattern that I thought fit. I, again, tried to brighten the images by using Ctrl+Alt+L. It took me roughly twenty to thirty minutes to create all of these.

Edit:
atgy.jpg

V2:
41615768.jpg

28489245.jpg

V2:
64512412.jpg

rkox.jpg

Here I used several newly acquired brushes. I put a red gradient over Orton to match the background. I sharpened both the background and Orton. I put a border on it to complete it.

Edit:
Another using my new brushes:

64461973.jpg

V2:
50522646.jpg

37771573.jpg

25625548.jpg

V2:
91348328.jpg

72629000.jpg

55511712.jpg

This showcases some of the new brushes. I downloaded nearly 30 today. I didn't do anything different from this sig from the others. I think it turned out decent.

So what I did here was delete the font, duplicate the background (to make it sharper), and move Christian. I think this one's better.
70172677.jpg

Edit:

This sig turned out great:
99805043.jpg

cbbk.jpg

I created this after watching the nice promo on Raw with Batista and Cena.

I went with a somewhat darker theme here and tried not to make it as bright as some of my other work, as I thought it fitted the general mood. I used a black gradient on the WM logo to darken it, as I did with Batista.

Great sigs dude, well done. Photoshop cs3 or cs4? what did use since I am currently learning Photoshop Cs3.

Can I use one of those sigs you posted?

None of them are bad, not at all, but try a size like 500x175.........

Also, use actual images, it really helps it stand out.

55097876.jpg

Here is one of several pieces that I made today. So Doc has taught me a great deal about sig making, and it's visible in everyone of my sigs. Here Doc showed me how to blend an image in with the background. So what I did here was used a luminosity blending technique so every brush stroke I made appeared on Christian. I used a drop shadow and bevel and emboss on the text.

Thoughts?

Very nice, very nice. The colors go well together, and the effect is cool. I would recommend adding a small stroke to the letters in order to make them more distinguishable from the background, though.

Some may not like that sig as it's very lively, but I like it. And as long as YOU like it, that's all that matters.

I think the image and text could be centered better though. Go to the View menu, then Guides, then New Guide. Type in "50%" and select the "Vertical": radio button. This makes a line that you can use for lining things up that won't appear on the final product.

bc100.jpg

Pretty happy with the outcome.

What I did was make the background using a couple of brush sets. Then, used some images and played around with their blending options until I found something satisfying. I tried to stay within WZ's color scheme. Lastly, I added a light point and made things light and dark accordingly.

Very good work, BC. My only complaint is the text at the bottom being very hard to read. I would suggest filling it in, or making it a different color.

I like how everything is color coordinated, and the light source/shadows are a nice touch. You're improving all the time, and I'm glad to see it.

Keep up the good work, mate.

98930310.jpg

I'm probably going to tout this around for awhile, not that I thought the film was overly good, I just though I'd make it.

It might look like a complex sig to make to all you non-sigmakers, but it took me roughly three minutes to make.

So, what I did was brush some variations of blue onto a black canvas. Next I added the pre-cut avatar image, and but the blending option to color overlay (though I may be wrong). I added the text and set it also to color overlay and added a blue border to finish.

Very easy sig to make, though fairly good. Sometimes simple is really better.

Excellent work, BC. One of your best. The colors are beautiful and blend together perfectly. The sig feels like a whole piece instead of split apart, and that's exactly how it needs to be. My only suggestion would be to move the text down and right a little. Other than that, great, great work. Keep it up! :)

89875784.jpg

Quick little sig I just whipped up so I won't get too rusty. The fancy stuff I did was add bevel and emboss on the text and use a custom gradient overlay. Other than that, I didn't do anything complex; I just brushed and added the image of Batista.

It turned out pretty good, probably better than I expected.

bcshutterisland.jpg

Here's my latest creation. I got the inspiration for this obviously after viewing the film "Shutter Island". I was simply amazed at the depth of the film and how good the story was. It was truly an adventure that certainly merits multiple viewings. Also I loved the ambiguity of the film and how it has many interpretations.

Well, for this movie I was gobsmacked to find there wasn't many pictures I could work with. I used one picture, it was the promotional poster. I cut out a small section and worked with it. I used a cracked concrete brush and chose a fitting overlay for the main subject. I then added text and used bevel and emboss on "Shutter island".

I like the product a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back