Battle for Brand Supremacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Viper

Occasional Pre-Show
So in recent past WWE has had matches at wrestlemania that consist of 2 superstars one being from raw and the other from SD. They called these matches the "battle for brand supremacy" sadly at mania 25 they did not have one of these matches which is one of the many reasons i didnt care for the whole ppv.

So say they have one of these matches at mania 26 but instead of just being from raw and smackdown they make it a triple threat by throwing in ecw! The match i would love to see would be Big show (because seriously what else will he be doing?) vs Christian (because i expect him to lose his title at the rumble) vs Batista (this keeping him away from the main event)

Now i know this wouldn't be the best match on the card but seriously were any of the other BFBS matches great? No! It would still be a fun little match to see, and i would love to see Christian get the win here for ECW just to give the show a little deserved momentum.

So would you like to see this match? Or any "Battle for Brand Supremacy" match? If so then what is the match you would like to see? with what outcome?

So in recent past WWE has had matches at wrestlemania that consist of 2 superstars one being from raw and the other from SD. They called these matches the "battle for brand supremacy" sadly at mania 25 they did not have one of these matches which is one of the many reasons i didnt care for the whole ppv.

So say they have one of these matches at mania 26 but instead of just being from raw and smackdown they make it a triple threat by throwing in ecw! The match i would love to see would be Big show (because seriously what else will he be doing?) vs Christian (because i expect him to lose his title at the rumble) vs Batista (this keeping him away from the main event)

Now i know this wouldn't be the best match on the card but seriously were any of the other BFBS matches great? No! It would still be a fun little match to see, and i would love to see Christian get the win here for ECW just to give the show a little deserved momentum.

So would you like to see this match? Or any "Battle for Brand Supremacy" match? If so then what is the match you would like to see? with what outcome?

One could consider HBK/Taker a "Battle for Brand Supremacy" as it was RAW vs SD. The only reason it wasn't booked as such as it was a much bigger match that merely that. I tend to view "Battle for Brand Supremacy" matches as lazy booking. "Well, these guys don't have anything better to do, so let's pit them in a match against each other." (see Batista/Umaga WM23).

I guess a better term for HBK/Taker would've been Interpromotional as that title seems to carry a lot more weight. (see HBK/Angle & Taker/Orton @ WM21).

After seeing this i personally would love to Evan Bourne vs. John Morrison. It would be a great match simply because of all the high flying. Its the "Shooting Star Press" vs. "Starship Pain" which would be epic. This also depends on whos in the MITB ladder match as they both would most likely be in it. If not you've got one kick a** Inter promotional match. It would also start a much needed push for evan bourne even if he loses.

I hope this kind of match does happen, and I hope it is John Cena vs. Batista. Do I want this match because I think these are the two best guys fot it? Absolutely not. I want this match so neither one of them have anything to do with either one of the title matches. Let these two battle it out, and then, I can watch on delay (DVR) and fast forward both of these dopes. Not to mention, if the feud begins a month or so before hand, I can fast forward all of their Raw/Smackdown segments as well (selfish, I know).

The match would be great but it needs something added to it.Maybe make it a 9-man interpromotional Battle royal.With a prize at the end for a title shot for the major world title on their brand.This i know is exactly like the MITB but have only high flying and hardcore/extreme guys.And in the battle royal have the bigger guys that will put on a solid match.

Here's a better idea, have the money in the bank for smackdown and the battle royal for RAW.Maybe a steel cage match for ECW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back