• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bant for being Gay

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
I am sure some of you have heard about this. Aparently a woman who uses Ebox Live to play video games has had her account suspended after it was found out that it contained the word, lesbian, which she is. So it turns out that because she is a lesbian, she was banned by Microsoft, because being a lesbian is "offensive." Do you think this is as ridicolous as can be such as I do?

A woman who identified herself as a lesbian in her profile was banned from XBOX Live, Consumerist.com reported.

The unidentified woman said she was harassed by several players, who would follow her into games and tell other players to report her to Microsoft because they didn't want their kids to see "that crap."

Her account was suspended and she says Microsoft told her other gamers found her sexual orientation "offensive," according to Consumerist.com.

This is not the first time a gamer was banned over sexual orientation. Consumerist.com reports a guy whose actual name was "Richard Gaywood" was suspended because the word "gay" was in it.

This shit is ridiculous. She gets banned from X-Box Live just cause she is a lesbian. WTF has this world come to. For one if the players told others to report her to Microsoft just cause they didn't want there kids to see that crap, please if you didn't want your damn kids to see that crap then don't buy your kids X-Box Live then. Geez this is becoming almost as bad as having these pissy ass parents complain about GTA & pro wrestling. Damn this shit is just crazy.

This is even more proof that being PC is killing society. The other guy was banned because of his last name? Are you serious? Are parents REALLY that uptight anymore? Are people's skins so thin that they're offended because of someone that they're playing video games with is a homosexual? So freaking what? That would be the same thing as someone here freaking out because M_F is gay. So?

Yet again, parents freak out over what their children see. Yet I can't help but wonder what these games were like. Who wants to put a bet down that they're at least rated T, yet their parents will say "well we've talked to our children and they understand that it's just a game." Completely and utterly sickening.

That would be the same thing as someone here freaking out because M_F is gay.

Why was I not informed? One of... those on my site? Seriously? Yeah, I know some of you are really liberal and shit like that, but let's be serious for a minute here, kids. Someone keep an eye on him. He might start recruiting or whatever it is they do.

Who wants to put a bet down that they're at least rated T, yet their parents will say "well we've talked to our children and they understand that it's just a game." Completely and utterly sickening.

Parents as a whole are overprotective. Jake's got the right idea.

Didn't you guys hear? There's this "new" thing those "gays" do now. They have apparently become gamers, as well. Somebody decided it was ok to sell these people gaming systems, without properly considering the repercussions on our children. /end sarcasm.

Seriously? If I were her, I'd sue the fucking shit out of Microsoft. Especially for blatantly saying that she was being banned due to sexual orientation!! That woman could become a literal millionaire overnight! And I'm sorry... But I'm more worried about these spoiled, middle class, suburban kids who cuss and scream bullshit into their headsets... I'm not worried about the lesbian who wants to play UNO... I'm worried about the 13 year old who thinks that by screaming "I'm gonna fuck your mom in the ass, you fucking pussy!" I'm going to magically stop shooting him in CoD4. That's the kind of shit that boils my blood. Sexual orientation online is becoming a problem?? Bitches, please... I'm seriously considering letting my xbox live account lapse now... Truth be told, I've never knowingly played with a homosexual on Xbox Live. Wouldn't care if I did... I've played with more prepubescent dickwads than I'm comfortable with. These little bastards sound like they just got back from a stint in the navy! And in one instance, a clanmate of mine actually told a kid to put his dad on... The dad got on, and this was the whole conversation...
Dad: "Hello?"
My friend: "Your son is a fucking ******..."
Dad: "Oh yeah? Fuck you, buddy!"
My friend: "Seriously? He should just just face first off the fucking roof."
Dad: "Get a life, kid."
My friend: "Someone should slap you for tainting society with that useless piece of shit..."
*player leaves*

That's the kind of shit we deal with, that Microsoft does nothing about... Yet, people get banned due to being gay. Fucking bullshit... I call shenanigans...

She can't sue Microsoft. They are a private enterprise and have the right to refuse service to anyone. She should change her name. They should allow her to continue her account with a different name. If I had sex with older women and called myself motherfucker, then, while accurate, my name would be offensive as well.

In all seriousness, ehhh.

Microsoft can do what it wants and face the backlash it creates how it wants as well. On XBox live, there are different gamer zones. If she is in the family zone, maybe she should move to the underground. It is a slippery slope. If MS allows her name to be lesbian, what can they say when some calls themselves "cockrocker"? You can be lesbian wherever you want. Why would you want this to be public information during Call of Duty? What difference does that make?

If I were in MS' position I would not have suspended her account, but I would let her know about the problem she is creating and see if she did something about her herself. Perhaps she has a conscience. Perhaps she will realize that her views are not everyone's and leave gaming a politics free zone. If not, fuck it, it's a free country.

In a bad way, this cracks me up. I guess now X-Box is gonna have to change their tag-line to "Play together.. unless you're gay or lesbian, then play by yourself you un-christian piece of crap". :lmao:

Ah the humanity. Fact is, I have nothing against the lesbian, or gay, community and I think this is stupid. People live in fear over homosexuals, because they merely choose to NOT understand, as opposed to thinking they ever could try and just believe everyone has a right to live how they wish.

Microsoft likely didn't out-right ban her for being "lesbian" so much as just bringing the word onto their interactive play-place with a lot of young kids. You can be gay or lesbian, but you can't openly have the words in your profile. The same as saying you're a male who loves sex and pussy, or a female who loves sex and dick. You can love it, but you can't openly express that you do on an interactive area with little children.

Furthermore, for anyone who has Xbox live you'll have noticed that they completely changed the entire layout of their set-up, including a "cartoon-like" character that you can pick to represent yourself. A while back, they used to allow you to upload an actual picture of yourself, but I don't know if they still allow that or not.

I can understand why they did what they did, for the children and all that jazz.. but it's not saying it isn't wrong. I mean, let's face facts here.. if you're signing on to xbox live to play someone in a game, it's most likely that you're above the age of 13 and in all actuality, you're likely smart enough to realize gays and lesbians exsist and are infact not just warped fairy tale creatures, who didn't get the stereo-typical happy ending. :lmao:

My guess is the Wii and PScommunity would've done the same thing. Is it wrong? Yes. Is it understandable? Yes. Does the world go on, not changing because of any of it? YES.

This is even more proof that being PC is killing society. The other guy was banned because of his last name?

Depending on what the name is, it could very well be offensive. If my last name was foreign and spelled out "fucker" (similar to Meet the Parents) I'm more than sure I'd have to alter the way it was spelled, or just initial it to "F". It's not really that big of a deal.

You also only get so many characters to type out a name to begin with. Next thing you'll be saying is that's discriminating against people with long names.

Are you serious?

As a heart-attack.

Are parents REALLY that uptight anymore?

Lack of sex does this to people.

Are people's skins so thin that they're offended because of someone that they're playing video games with is a homosexual?

You can play games with anyone, Klunker, but it doesn't mean you have to know everything about them. Why the fuck is a sexual orientation even relevant to playing someone in Halo, or Madden?

"I'm gay, that means I get the pink team. tee-hee."

IT'S NOT. In other words, while the lady was proud to be a lesbian, unfortunately other people aren't proud for her.. and in a video game realm, your sexual orientation has no place. I don't wanna know who you like to fuck. I wanna fuck you up in some Madden.

You can be a serial killer that's my neighbor for all I care, but as long as you don't tell me.. I'm gonna trash talk your ass into next week.

So freaking what? That would be the same thing as someone here freaking out because M_F is gay. So?

We've had people who've come onto this forum and freak out over that.

I'm a bit disrespected, honestly. I thought I was gay sexy, and he hasn't hit on me ONCE. That bastard.

Yet again, parents freak out over what their children see.

Technically, klunker, you aren't "seeing" anyone. You're talking to them through a headset and playing them through a computer set-up.

Yet I can't help but wonder what these games were like.

I bet it was Viva Pinata'. That game has so many gay overtones it's unbelievable. And who the fuck assigned gay's the rainbow? I love bright colors, just not dick.

Who wants to put a bet down that they're at least rated T, yet their parents will say "well we've talked to our children and they understand that it's just a game." Completely and utterly sickening.

So either you're calling the gay and lesbian community, "just a game", or you're refering to them being similar to a violent, fake, video game?

Fact is, gays and lesbians are real people, klunker, just like you and I. They aren't fake, they aren't a game, and they aren't imaginary, like the violent overtones put into video games.

So telling your children a violent video game is fake is one thing.. but you can't exactly tell your children gays and lesbians are fake, as well.. or CAN you? :p

Personal Note: If I offended any gays or lesbians with my way of wording things, I publicly and fully apologize. Practically anything I've said in a disrespecting manner was said out of joking.

Yeah don't think you could have missed my point any more if you had tried.

I never said that gays/lesbians are fake. I meant that parents tell their children that the violence that they see in games is fake, but it's ok apparently to get someone banned because of 7 letters on a screen. Sure you can play games with anyone, but this woman should have to hide something about herself in a profile because some idiotic people can't handle something different from themselves? That's idiotic. So what if your name is Fucker or Gaywood. Those people that came after the banned lady had NO right at all to do that. If they can't handle it, don't let your kids play it. Not that complicated.

Yeah don't think you could have missed my point any more if you had tried.

Then maybe you should word things better. :p

I never said that gays/lesbians are fake. I meant that parents tell their children that the violence that they see in games is fake, but it's ok apparently to get someone banned because of 7 letters on a screen.

Klunker, I can get someone banned on xbox live, the pscommunity, or whatever the Wii has.. all because the only thing I'd have to do, is lie and say they used foul language toward me over the headsets.

Yes, it's absolutely stupid.. but it's not something that's so fucking personal or so small-minded. It's just how they (ie. the owners of the companies) set-up how they want you to act on their stuff.

You can't very well walk in public nude, without getting a ticket for Indecent exposure. But some people in this world are nudists. I guess next you'll be telling me giving out tickets for that, is stupid.

We as a community, as a civilization, have rules. This is no different.

Whenever you sign up to use something, you always have to click a little fucking box that says "I agree with your rules".. remember that? I'm sure within those rules (that NOONE ever reads, mind you) it likely says NO USE of BAD WORDS.

Sure you can play games with anyone, but this woman should have to hide something about herself in a profile because some idiotic people can't handle something different from themselves?

The same thing could be said in reverse, you do realize that, right?

Christians can say "so and so is breaking what we consider our religion and our law. They aren't like us, and they can't handle what we are, because of it."

And the pathetic thing is.. it would work in reverse. Gays aren't likely big believers in the Christian religion. So they aren't going to go around following orders and beliefs from what Christians have to say. But that doesn't mean the gays can't handle it, right? Right.

Tit for tat.

That's idiotic.

Agreed. But it's a rule. More importantly, it's a rule you should've known about before you made a fucking account.

So what if your name is Fucker or Gaywood. Those people that came after the banned lady had NO right at all to do that. If they can't handle it, don't let your kids play it. Not that complicated.

Once again, in reverse.

If gays or lesbians can't handle not openly addressing a situation that is obviously a big public disturbance, then maybe they shouldn't be playing a video game in which your sexual orientation has no bearing.

Don't get me at all wrong. I'm perfectly fine for gays and lesbians to broadcast to the world about themselves. I'll march in parades with them too. But rules are rules. And the people who made the rules at Microsoft, obviously did them to format the more populated community.

They aren't against gays or lesbians. They're just protecting their own ass.

She can't sue Microsoft. They are a private enterprise and have the right to refuse service to anyone.

Microsoft can do what it wants and face the backlash it creates how it wants as well.

While I do like ya, buddy, I gotta disagree here. They suspended her because her profile contained her sexual orientation. I'm sorry... The "profile" section was meant for telling people about yourself...right? Being a free enterprise reserving the right to refuse service to anyone, is a tricky business at best. If you're going to refuse someone service, don't give them a specific reason. The reason she was suspended for was the equivalent of a 7/11 clerk saying "You can't come in here...you're Black!" Or Mexican...or whatever... Either way, It's ******ed. Microsoft can afford to pay for bullshit like this....that's the sad part.

Personal Note: If I offended any gays or lesbians with my way of wording things, I publicly and fully apologize. Practically anything I've said in a disrespecting manner was said out of joking.

I can honestly say that for a split second, I jumped the fence to see how I'd feel...and you didn't once offend me while I was over there... On a serious note, though... if somebody here is missing a ball...I'd advise getting a new one... There's just so much displaced aggression on that side of the fence these days, you don't even wanna know what happened to it...

There comes a point in time where things like this really doesn't bother me. I find it so pathetic and just stupid that I think it's just a waste of time responding to it, but alas, I'm bored and shall.

If the girl got banned for having the word Lesbian in her profile, should people who have the word "straight" in the name be banned? But it really comes down to the fact about the children. From the famous words of Mrs. Lovejoy "Won't somebody think of the children?". Saying that the word lesbian(or gay)in a profile is to much and that children should not have to be expose to that type of stuff just keeps showing how silly the world is. Nothing is wrong with being gay, we are just as smart, just as nice, just as good natured as straight folk.

Saying the kids could be "harmed" by being in contact with a gay person just shows that the world is a sad place.
You shouldn't have to shelter your kid from "that kind of lifestyle" since there is nothing wrong with it.

And really if she was banned from XBox live, does that mean I should be banned from here? I mean children come on this site and oh my, what if they see that I'm gay? I might taint them, get the holy water out. I glad that I'm a positve person, or this shit would probably get very hurtful after a while.

I think the more important issue is being somewhat missed. Go type 'homophobia on xbox live' into youtube, and check out the first dozen or so videos. What you'll find is that the network is populated by a truly insufferable number of juvenile homophobes, and anybody who admits to a deviant gender preference (be it through username, profile or simply a passing remark through the headset) is liable to attract a slew of abuse, tantamount to bullying.

Whoever was taking the side of Microsoft makes some perfectly valid points... however my opinion is that, in an environment where that is going on on such a regular basis, focusing your attention on banning the recipients of abuse is sending out utterly the wrong message.

Institute a system that works in order to remove the hate speakers from the community and I'll consider taking attempts to remove potentially inflamatory references from profiles, but whilst people are unable to make a passing reference to their sexuality without being called a cock munching ******, then I'm going to call this what it is. And ignorant, stop gap, half measure instituted by people who don't want to deal with, or admit to, the real problem.

As an additional counter argument, I'm pretty sure there are a number of twat-brackets on the networks who have major issues with people being black, Jewish or having a fondness of Allah. Much like homosexuality, all of these things are tremendously important to a person's personal identity, yet hold no strict relevance to playing Gears of War. I think if Microsoft started turfing every self confessed African American off of the system, there'd be a major outrage.

Somebody point out to me where the difference lies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back