Band of Brothers - good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferbian

Has Returned.
So currently I'm about to start my 5th round of watching the whole Band of Brothers serie.
Personally I absolutely love it, better than many war movies I've ever watched, because of it's great mix of the surviving veterans telling the story in each episode, and the actors reinacting the scenes for you.

It had everything that makes me think "wow, this is great stuff" such as the above mentioned (all thou it wasn't needed to make this TV serie awesome) it had the feeling around the base camps and the ability to really "get to know" the character the actors played, and most importantly (for me atleast) it had action, something that really seemed realistic to the bone, giving you the slight feeling of actually being on the battlefield, or the sympathy for the person that just got his legs blown to hell (as an example, not that it was the only thing that gave a little bit of sympathy if you ask me)

So I ask you, do you share my opinions that this small tv-serie of 10 episodes was absolutely great, and perhaps one of the best war based scripts to ever hit the television screen?
Or do you completely disagree about the whole concept of Band of Brothers?

I am with on 100% of the way here. I must have watched All 10 episodes 4-5 times generally all in order each time, real living the stories. I have often told friends and people that have either seen or haven't seen it that I really think it is the best piece of film...tv show...mini-series whatever on war.

I always found myself drawn to the characters being portrayed and the actual people as well. Everything to me just seems almost perfect to the serious and shitty times to some of the great small humor parts of the series. Hanks and Speilberg both did a Great job and really put alot of effort and really enjoyed working on it.

Also being someone who has the DVD set if you haven't watched the special features they were pretty good to in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back