"Bad Teacher"

Chardee Macdennis

Getting Noticed By Management
My buddy gave me a bootleg copy today, which is the only reason I watched it. That being said, I was very very pleasantly surprised. The movie was much funnier than I would've thought. Cameron Diaz gave a solid performance and made me laugh out loud quite a few times. I'm not a guy that hates on Justin Timberlake, but I wasn't thrilled with his role. I mean, I think he's actually pretty decent on the big screen, but he overacted the shit out of this. Now granted, that's kind of what the role called for, but I thought he could've done a much better job. JT wasn't bad in "Alpha Dog", which (as far as I know) was his first major role, but he was just annoying in this. Marshall from "How I Met Your Mother" came up w/some funny lines, and the movie was just overall very easy to watch. I mean, this wasn't in the top ten comedies of all time, but it certainly quenched my comedy thirst. Anyone else seen this flick?

Came out a couple of days ago, and I definitely looks funny. Can't wait to see it. Haven't read many reviews, so I'm not sure how good it is; but yeah, looks good to me :D

I thought it was rather funny. Couldn't believe how mean they made Cameron's teacher. Funny, mind you but very mean.

I haven't seen it, but I have caught the trailer a couple of times at the cinema and it does look pretty decent. It may be worth a watch on an "Orange Wednesday" over the next couple of weeks if I fancy a cheap evening at the movies :)

It looked like it could be pretty funny, Jason Segal is usually quite good and its always good to see Cameron Diaz, so I will probably end up seeing it :)

Saw it the weekend it came out, it was DAMN funny. I knew that Cameron Diaz would be hot and Jason Segal would be funny in his limited time on screen but it also gave us a hilarious flick. Definitely my favorite Diaz movie, and Segal's lines just go to show how awesome he is and that he deserves more love. Overall very good movie, go see it unless you have a problem with a hot gal soaking herself in slow mo with a hose.

It was okay. Funny enough material, I suppose, but a good deal of the ground has been tread already (person in standard role model position is alcoholic/does drugs, etc.) so it loses a bit of impact. A good performance from Lucy Punch helped it out. The ending was pretty awful, though. Just pathetically shallow. I mean, the entire movie is spent making Halsey just plain unlikeable. Funny, but totally unsympathetic and self centered. She doesn't even begin to emerge as an antihero until she helps out the fat kid with the crush on that girl. As an intelligent viewer, am I really supposed to suddenly be sympathetic to this character because she did one nice thing after being a self centered bitch the entire film? The problem continues from there. Basically the entire climax is meant to induce the audience into cheering for the antihero's victory, but it all feels a bit flat, considering the antihero is pretty unlikeable. It's helped by the fact that so are her enemies, but still. The only satisfaction comes, I suppose, from the gym teacher getting his girl, but like the rest of it it's pretty mild.

It's got some pretty decent laughs but ultimately it fails to tie anything together into a coherent package and ends flat.

I'm not really sure what to make of this one.

The things about Bad Teacher, is that it is not going to be anything more than Cameron Diaz's attempt to prolong her career. Personally, I think that her best days are behind her but I am not the sort of person who will write off a movie before I've even seen it. I think the first time I seen the trailer for it was in the Upcoming Features thread on here. It may have been Mitch that posted it but I'm not sure.

Nevertheless, with it's growing popularity around it's release, I have seen a few more clips of it and it just looks really flat. The humour seems really basic and whilst it is refreshing to see Cameron Diaz back in a comedy movie, I still don't think that it will be anything special.

Justin Timberlake, is should be said, is pleasantly surprising me as an actor. His role in The Social Network completely knocked me on my ass. He really acted that one right out of the park and that is one facet of the movie that I am very much looking forward to seeing. Maybe he will continue his success or maybe he will end it with that film. Still, outside of the obvious, he is one of the reasons that I am open to seeing this movie.

All in all, I don't expect this movie to do that well. It is your run of the mill summer comedy that a lot of people will see, without making a lot of noise in critical acclaim.

I thought it was pretty funny, but nothing special. My one major problem with it was that I didn't feel like Cameron Diaz's character developed enough, but oh well. Jason Segel was hilarious, I wish he'd been in it more. His little back and forths with JT were great! And I agree that JT was overacting, but that's kind of just who his character was. He was supposed to be vapid and annoying, mainly just eye candy to show how desperately she wanted to marry a guy with money. Overall, I'd say funny, but not worth the $11 movie ticket.

I got to see it last night and there was one thing constantly on my mind throughout the whole thing: Needs More Jason Segel. Cameron was funny in that "Oh my God, I can't believe she said that!" kind of way and Justin Timberlake is a much better actor than I ever would have thought him to be, but Jason Segel was easily the funniest person in the flick. I just wished they used him a bit more, his lines killed every time.

The plot was just kinda there. I mean, you could see what was going to happen from a mile away, I knew the ending before the movie even started. I normally don't have an issue with movies like that because using a standard story allows you to work on the dialogue and make the movie fun in it's predictability. But to me, they just relied to heavily on gross out/shock humor and not enough on the dialogue and that hurt it a lot in my eyes.

Overall, I'd give it a 3/5. Decent, but I wouldn't waste my money seeing it in theaters. Wait until it's out on DVD.

Indeed agree with this fact that . This movie is real comedy and very funny. This is one of my favorite movies to watch and enjoy. And the script of that movie is also very nice and interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back