• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Backlash 2007 with KB

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Backlash 2007
Date: April 29, 2007
Attendance: 14,500
Commentators: Jim Ross, Jerry Lawler, Michael Cole, Taz, John Bradshaw Layfield, Joey Styles

It's the final show in this set of WWE reviews as I jump over Backlash 2006 because I'm saving it for the final review in the series. The main event here is a fourway for the belt as well as Undertaker vs. Batista II in a last man standing match. ECW is around now too and we get Vince/Umaga/Shane vs. Lashley for the ECW Title in what I'm sure will be riveting TV. Let's get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

The Ending Sequence Blew Me Away

I know. I do three WWE shows in a row then three WCW then three TNA. It's the last in this set of three.

The constant neck holds got repetitive but the match itself was pretty good. MVP would get the title the next month in a 2/3 falls match and would hold the title for almost a year. Benoit wouldn't live through the end of summer of course, and it's scary to think that he was in the ring as a champion so close to the end of his life.

I just had a thought as I read this, do you think that MVP's long reign as US Champ was perhaps to try and make people forget who he beat for the title?

It's possible. I've never thought of that but yeah it's possible. Although I think it had more to do with the injuries he and Matt had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back