• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Backlash: 12-Diva Tag Team Match

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show

12-Diva Tag Team Match
Mickie, Maria, Ashley, Michelle, Cherry & Kelly Kelly face The Glamazon, Melina, Jillian, Layla, Victoria & Natalya

At Backlash, the WWE Diva divide comes to a head as new Women's Champion Mickie James captains a team of the Sexiest Women on Television against former titleholder Beth Phoenix and her squad of sultry competitors.

Just more than one week ago, Mickie scored one of the biggest victories of her career against The Glamazon, ending Phoenix's lengthy reign as Women's Champion. But before she could celebrate, Mickie found herself confronted by the former champion, who argued that the loss was nothing more than a fluke, a slap in the face to The Glamazon. Then, in front of a ring full of Divas, SmackDown's Michelle McCool used an open palm to show Beth the true meaning of such a slap.

The ensuing all-out melee ultimately ended with the fan favorite femme fatales standing together, united against the oppressively dominant Glamazon and her group of WWE's more nefarious women. Now, this collision will continue inside the ring in a much more official capacity on Sunday at Baltimore's 1st Mariner Arena.

Which team will prevail as Mickie, Maria, Ashley, Michelle, Cherry & Kelly Kelly face The Glamazon, Melina, Jillian, Layla, Victoria & Natalya? Tune in this Sunday on pay-per-view to catch the spicy Diva action at Backlash.

Well I guess you could kind of seen this coming especially what happened on RAW. Though it seems more than anything just a filler match and a real pointless one at that. They could just have had Mickie vs Beth in a rematch for the gold and I would not have minded that, but this is just too much. I'm sure we will see longer entrances than the actually match. I expect Mickie's team to win with Mickie picking up the win on Beth or Michelle as she was the one that started the brawl on RAW. Though who knows, but this match is such a filler

*Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn* :zzzz:

Nice segment on RAW, but it will be complete shit in the ring on Sunday. Norcal, here's your pissbreak. Instead of rushing it, they could have saved it IMO. Had a nice little build Monday but other than that, not really a point. Should have added the tag match instead.

Mickie's team will win obviously since the heels got the advantage. Big meh. Total bore. I pray for a lot of wardrobe malfunctions.

For this match I suspect it is time to begin pushing Two divas who have not been in the title picture yet. I think after Smackdown! it is obvious that it is Natalya Neidhart's time to shine. I suspect that she will get the submission with the sharpshooter over Michelle McCool. This would set up a feud where Michelle would perhaps get over Natalya leading to Neidhart beginning to fear Coll on Smackdown!. When draft time came, Natalya becomes Raw's new star Diva, pins Mickie James, and squashes Raw's Divas. A few weeks later, and through a mysterious loop hole, Michelle gets sent to Raw (I see a post draft trade). This sets up the new womans division set up with Natalya vs McCool for a few months.

Remember the awful match at Survivor Series, now add Ashley and Nattie, great. This is just gonna be a giant cluster, and why couldnt they just have Mickie v. Beth? Or just have Michelle v Beth after that slap or scrap this and have the tag title match with Santino and Carlito v. Holly and Rhodes, Imean they were #1 contenders 2 months ago got nothing now they are again and we are seeing the same singles matches all over again. I veto this whole match and although i like Mickie as champ if she isnt in a rivalry and defending the belt why even have the belt change hands.

The promo on Raw was great, but it does seem a little too soon for this. It wont be horrible because usually when this many people are involved, each member will hit there primary moves so there wont be alot of time for anybody to mess up to much. This could be a opportunity to implement certain other diva's, like McCool and Neidhart into the picture and then have them drafted to Raw in the draft that is eventually coming. Mickie's team should win, she just won the title, she wont pin Beth, but Mickie will get the pinfall victory, probably over Melina.

welp, im def gonna hangout for the entrances, so I can be a part of Beth's entrance live. Then Ill be headed to the snackie barn.

Dont really know who will win, and it doesnt really matter. Faces will go over I guess. I have no idea. This match may set the record for pointlessness and apathy. On second thought, I think I WONT be headed to the snackie barn during this, since there will probably be a shitload of people in line during it LOL

Yeh they shouldnt of done this so soon, the Promo on RAW was good, but i think they rushed this match too fast. Matches like this with so many divas is never good, not all the divas even get to wrestle in the match and it always ends up in a brawl and a quick roll up for the victory.

I think they should of went with the rematch between Mickie and Beth for the title, it least it has some meaning and would be worth watching since their match on RAW was quite good. In saying that, this match should be ok, hopefully in wont be terrible like i can see it being. I actually see the heels pulling out a win with Beth pinning one of the lesser known divas like Kelly Kelly or Cherry to show her dominace and futher illustrate her quest to get the title back

Mighty Norcol, lol its your choice to watch or not, but i doubt this will be a classic, should of been a Womens Championship rematch at Backlash, oh well, WWE never give us what we want.

The segment they had was actually good, but I was hoping that we would've had more of a build-up rather than just a massive match 6 days later. They could've had all the Divas show up on the shows to support each other, while both sides get some victories over the others, then culminate in the massive tag team match at Judgment Day (or Summerslam if you really want to push it that long, but that's overkill).

The match itself? Eh, shouldn't be horrible, shouldn't be great. Like others said above, it'll be a fast paced match with lots of tags and a few quick moves now and again. I can't see Cherry doing anything, though.

ok, so from what I understand from this, it's mickie james along with 5 of the worst 6 female wrestlers on the card, against 5 of the best and layla (i love the way the 5 good ones all look serious while layla just shows off her ass)?

We all know it's going to happen...the least credible team will win simply because they have the women's champion and are faces, further burying the women's division in it's grave with a tombstone shaped oddly like a bunny.

Welp no build for this as of the final show before sunday, besides natalya owning Cherrie with a sharpshooter (which completely fuckin rocked)......the heels really should go over sunday, and they may have a chance since they have nattie and are trying to give her a push. That, and the heel divas have been gettin smoked lately. Its pointless to have the faces win.

*cough*filler*cough*

But yeah, this match will be...cluttered...and short hopefully. Everyone hits their spots/moves...and it ends. I see the faces winning here. THe heels won at Mania..so maybe it's the faces turn. Mickie/ Michelle gets the pin.

However, if they want this feud to "continue"( God, I hope not) then they'll let the heels win in a heelish manner. Phoenix gets the pin.

This is a classic case of pulling a trigger too early, they could have had the confrontation on RAW after Mania and a few weeks of conflict for this match. This just proves to me that putting the belt on Mickie was a last minute decision- I mean it wasn't even Mickie who got into Beth's face...it was Michelle...probably teasin' a Michelle- Beth feud.

Would have preferred a Mickie vs. Beth rematch...maybe 2 out of 3 falls. But w/e. Could be fun...I love Nattie Neidhart:p

If the heels win, I can't see them having Mickie get pinned. Cherry, either, as that's too obvious. Kelly, they never want her to get pinned despite how bad she is...so that leaves Michelle, Maria, and uh.....who's the other one?...........oh yeah, Ashley "I'd look 10x better if I took that metal shit off my face" Massaro.

So most likely, if the faces lose, Michelle will be pinned by Neidhart (to "help" their "feud") or by Beth (retaliation for the slap in the face).

I'd love to see a curveball, though, like have one of them thrown through a table and the match stops hahaha.

This match was just put here last minute so it is obviously a filler. The segment on Raw was rather good if I do say so myself (well the mark says so anyway), and the match at Backlash should be rather decent. They will have Mickie get the pin, because the heels won at mania, and its the faces turn to get the win.

The match itself will be basic moves from each of the divas, then they will hit their main moves on each other.

Ashley is in this match. So if it sucks I'll just stare at her plentiful bosom. Man I liove that bitch.

Overall it's just filler. I like matches like this so it'll hold my intrest. If you look at each team them one is considerably stronger than the other. The heel sides only truly weak link is Layla. But she's hot so I forgive her. While on the face team they only really have Mickie James, and she's overrated.

I'd have prefered a Regal/Punk rematch presonally.

The divas division is so misused. Each and everyone of these divas are fully capable of putting on a great show (except Jillian, and Cherry, but just because they have limited experience and haven't proved themselves yet) They couldve had a mickie vs beth rematch, but I guess that will be a three minute match on raw, completely destroying the one diva that is even seen as a formidable opponent. Why couldn't they have saved the divas for the weekly shows, we see about one diva match per week. And in this match's place put santino and carlito over cody rhodes and hardcore holly, in a match that was promised to us 3 months ago, until carlito and santino apparantly lost their #1 contender spot and had to reclaim it. Diva tag teams are too much, you don't see enough action in diva one on one matches. I actually enjoy watching the divas wrestle, the sex appeal mixed in with violence is a perfect combination in my book. Twelve divas in one match, the only thing that can make this one interesting is the type of slip we saw in a ten diva match at survivor series(McCool.) Basically, setting up the Michelle vs. Beth feud is now pointless, since two weeks ago beth lost the title, unless this is foreshadowing that Beth will win the rematch so that Michelle can take the title after the draft. On a semi-related note, in the draft it will be McCool, Natalya, Kelly to raw, Jillian, Candice, Layla to smackdown, no divas for ecw, as I'm getting tired of mixed tag matches. Most times even in the men's division, four people in one match is too much, as they often take up less time than one on one matches, so your favorite stars can save themselves for PPV, while you can't complain about not seeing them on TV. But this is the PPV divas event, so I have no idea what the hell the divas are saving themselves for. By the way, Natalya already has shown more skill in one match than any other current diva has in their whole careers.

This will be a big waste of time. Looking forward to seeing what Nat can do but nothing else. What's even worse is that it'll probably be on toward the end of the show instead of getting it over with at the start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back