Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

151419__chucky_l.jpg

VS

HousenNorm15.jpg

Chucky

Films- Childs Play 1-3, Bride of Chucky, Seed of Chucky

Prefered Method - Liked the Butcher Knife, but Chucky was very capable of getting creative, seeing as he was about 2 feet tall.

Body Count - Pretty impressive. Spent much of his time going after Andy, but along the way he's done some impressive work, including the nail gunning of John Ritter and the ensuing Hellraiser reference.

Backstory - Classic. Charles Lee Ray, "The Lakeshore Strangler," was being chased down an alleyway by a cop who had gotten a round off on Ray, causing a certainly fatal injury. Ray, also an occultist with voodoo knowledge, stumbled into a toy store and managed to transfer his soul out of his dying body and into a "Good Guy" doll. The result - the soul of a serial killer in the body of a "My Buddy."

Norman Bates

Films - Psycho 1-4

Prefered Method - Butcher Knife, dressed like his mother. Him, not the knife.

Body Count - Not bad. The original psycho was truly a suspense / thriller, not a "slasher" with a high body count. But the murders set the tone for decades of theatre.

Backstory - The classic case of the Edipus Complex - an unhealthy interdependent relationship between an overprotective mother and her son following the death of the father / husband. When Norman's mother attempts to remarry, Norman becomes insanely jealous and inherits his mother's schizophrenia and paranoia. Eventually, he becomes so obsessed with his mother that she begins to possess him, and he murders motel guests as his mother.

LOL

Chucky by miles. Chucky is the man. er, small childs doll. While being probably the most absurd horror killer ever, his track record is far far superior to that of bates. Although The films involving bates are far superior the vast majority of Chuck movies, I still say its a walk.

Dolls are creep as fuck, especially when they come alive and stab you to death. Bates is a fucking psycho. God I really don't know. The thing is, you can kill Norman Bates, Chucky is already dead. He would keep coming at you. Which is the decisive factor in this one, plus he is a brutal little doll.

Chucky for sure.

Chucky all over norman, I never really liked psyco movies. Infact I'm pretty sure I won't be watching them anytime in the future. Unless really really really high. But shit chucky wins this on pure creepyness factor. A man in a dress? Scary? Please we all saw that with vito. Give him a knife and I think he would be more scary than norman. All in all norman sucks. Chucky wins. Next round.

Chucky, by a mile.

Behind Jason, this dude is my favorite killer of all time. The guy just doesn't give a fuck, and he enjoys killing people. That laugh he does while attacking someone cracks me up every single time. The thing about Chuck is not only is he a heartless, cold blooded motherfucker, but he's funny as shit to go with it. How you can you not love him?

Norman Bates does deserve some credit though. He's no pushover, but in the end, Chucky would have his way with him.

I don't care if Norman Bates is getting his ass kicked, the fact remains, Chucky is a doll, and as such, CANNOT be taken seriously as a horror film. Meanwhile, Norman Bates is from freaking Alfred Hitchcock! I gotta respect the classics, and I cannot respect a doll named "Chucky". The entire premise is so absurd its comical.

Well even though I plan on watching the Psycho movies this Halloween, I am going out and picking Chucky here. Only thing that is more creepy than a clown is a doll. Norman Bates is a great character, Psycho itself is a great movie, just not the best "Slasher" Chucky on the other hand is a perfect example of a slasher.

I love love love the original Pyscho Movie. It's my favorite movie of all time and it's a classic. We watch and refrence it in crim class alll the time. Norman Bates was truly a great killer, in the sence that viewers actually really liked him and many felt bad for him. His body count isn't as high as Chucky and his methods were not as creative as Chucky's. I dunno, Bates was just soo charismatic and could get you to trust him before he gutted and him dressing up like his mother and basically becoming her is great. I vote Bates just because he is truly Pshycho and a mastermind, even though I never really considered him a "slasher".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back