• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Awesome Kong to WWE

The Whole F'N Show

Professional Smark
It's believed that WWE has offered former TNA Knockouts Champion Awesome Kong a contract.

Kong wrote the following on Twitter earlier today before deleting it: "My dreams just came true today. I got my dream job. Yes, THAT one."

WWE sources indicate that there has been talks within WWE of signing Kong in recent weeks. Kong's signing hasn't been confirmed yet but sources believe it's a done deal.

It has later emerged that WWE sources are reporting that former TNA Knockouts Champion Awesome Kong has signed with the company but it’s still not confirmed. One source says that Kong was brought to WWE headquarters in Stamford about a month ago.

Like it? Not Like It? Discuss!

I think Awesome Kong would help boost the division. I am guessing she will be playing a heel but I can't wait to see LayCool rip her a new asswhole. They are going to dawg on her forever lulz. But yeah I think she will help WWE and can have some solid feuds with Beth and Natalya. I would like to see Beth body slam her. Now that would be awesome. I am suprised WWE is just now signing her and hasn't doone it before now.

if this is true its a very good step in the right direction for the wwe womens division. i would love to see kong throw laycool around the ring. with natalya, beth, and tamina (sp?) and now maybe kong, the womesn division actually has some wrestlers. not to mention melina and gail kim. hopefully wwe can actually use her instead of wasting the talent, like some other former tna stars.

haha! I can't wait either. I don't know if she'll fit in the E's women division, with her... distinctive look. She could either be dominate or end up like Piggy James.

I just read a similar story saying how sources said the WWE signed a deal with her.

If this is true, I'm pretty excited. Awesome Kong is a good Womens wrestler with a unique look and size that makes her standout amongst the models. She brings something new to WWE that we haven't seen since Beth Pheonix and is another name in a somewhat lackluster division that is in it's rebuilding stage. The best case scenario is she is given solid time to build a suitable persona and puts on great matches with Beth, Natalya, LayCool and possibly Gail Kim again. Giving her the strap will add loads of credibility to the division, which WWE is trying to do with Natalya at the moment.

The worst case scenario is she is given the same treatment she was given in TNA. Destroy everyone on the roster until it gets boring and be relegated to being the female version of Mark Henry, getting other wrestlers over with her size.

Either way it will certainly be interesting to see how WWE chooses to use her.

Well, for starters I bet that NONE of the WWE "smarks" on here say that Kong was a "TNA reject"... such hypocrites!!! Mickie James, Jeff Hardy, and RVD are all "WWE rejects" according to the smarks. It is funny how in their mind, it doesn't work both ways. The smarks will say that RVD & Jeff Hardy were fired for using drugs. They will also say that Mickie James was a distraction in the WWE, so the three of them are "WWE rejects" because they did something against the WWE policy. Wait a minute... didn't Kong beat up Bubba the Love Sponge. She then got fired for "breaking company policy" as well. Same difference, no matter how much we love the fact that Kong beat up Bubba.

Anyways, Kong will be a great addition to the WWE divas division. Kong vs Beth Pheonix should be excellent.

I am happy for Kia, if this is true... She worked a couple shows down here (Louisiana) after being released from TNA and she was a real sweat soft spoken woman...

She is nothing like the character she protrays... Which might make it hard for WWE to use her for much more than a novelty... After she destroys everyone and has the title forever... Then what? I doubt she could pull off interviews and such and still be "Kong" A good manager may help, but we haven't seen managers in WWE in a while...

I hope the rumors are true and I can't wait to see how the E uses her...

I like this and hate this at the same time. The WWE needs to start utilizing their Divas in more ways then simply just fighting for the Divas' Championship.

Back at WrestleMania XX, Trish Stratus and Lita were utilized perfectly in a rolw outside of the Women's Championship, while Molly Holly and Victoria had a Women's Title match, and Torrie and Sable had their playboy fight.

With Awesome Kong added in the mix, she will definitely be in the hunt for a title, she will bring some domination and brute force into the title picture, but there is no reason why having another Diva should utilize the other Divas less, which is most likely what will happen.

I think if Awesome Kong is signed to the WWE, then the WWE needs to start actually focusing on their Divas division, and placing divas in various roles. Introduce love triangles, have cat fights between the sexy divas who maybe can't wrestle as well... slapping and pushing each other into objects backstage is more entertaining then trying hard to wrestle for 4 minutes and not being able to.

Well, for starters I bet that NONE of the WWE "smarks" on here say that Kong was a "TNA reject"... such hypocrites!!! Mickie James, Jeff Hardy, and RVD are all "WWE rejects" according to the smarks. It is funny how in their mind, it doesn't work both ways. The smarks will say that RVD & Jeff Hardy were fired for using drugs. They will also say that Mickie James was a distraction in the WWE, so the three of them are "WWE rejects" because they did something against the WWE policy. Wait a minute... didn't Kong beat up Bubba the Love Sponge. She then got fired for "breaking company policy" as well. Same difference, no matter how much we love the fact that Kong beat up Bubba.

Anyways, Kong will be a great addition to the WWE divas division. Kong vs Beth Pheonix should be excellent.

It's simply because WWE is the big time while TNA is the minor leagues. Someone who got cut from an NFL team and joined the Arena Football League might be called and NFL reject. Someone going from the Arena Football League to the NFL would never be called an Arena League reject.

As for Kong, I'd like to see her join WWE for at least a little while. Her unique look could certainly provide for some interest for a brief period. I say a brief period because I think she would be too dominant to have a long career. If she's capable of destroying all the competition who would she work with for a long period?

It would be great to have Kong come in as LayCool's bodyguard of some type doing their dirty work against the likes of Natalya, Beth Phoenix, etc. until she can't take it any longer and snaps. Then the anticipation of her destroying LayCool would make for great television as well.

All I can say "It's about time!" Now AJ Styles needs to leave as he could be a great face addition to the WWE right now. Plus we get our dream feuds now hopefully. LayCool or somebody could be her mouth piece unless the let her speak. I've seen her in person and wow she's one big woman who would be scary in a dark alley

Most WWE fans throw as much dirt as they can to bury TNA yet when they hear a TNA star jumps ship to WWE, they wet their pants. We all know when talent from TNA goes to WWE, they amount to nothing. This is nothing to get excited about. Kong is not a diva. She doesn't fit the diva stereotype and will most likely be released, miserable, or leave on some type of sour note.

It would be great to have Kong come in as LayCool's bodyguard of some type doing their dirty work against the likes of Natalya, Beth Phoenix, etc. until she can't take it any longer and snaps. Then the anticipation of her destroying LayCool would make for great television as well.

THIS!!

Exactly what I was thinking when I read the story on the front page. IF this is all what we seem to think it is: Kong signing with WWE... This is exactly what I think will happen. It'll keep Kong away from the belt for a while. Until she decides its time to take it away from Laycool. Cuz of course- she will be the reason Laycool gets the title back in the 1st place.

On a side note: They wont call her Awesome Kong or Amazing Kong tho, will they?? I sure wouldnt think so. I'm just gonna throw it out there: Kuro Kuma- It means "black bear" in Japanese. Or VKM just goes typical stereotype & gives her a name like Mercedes Jackson

I personally think it's a mistake by WWE if it's true. Sure she would boost the division, but how believable would it be to have her lose to any of the divas with the exceptions of Beth Pheonix or Nattie Neidhart? So then she gets into the same kinda deal as Big Show where she would be a boring champion because seemingly no one can beat her. The only good way for her to drop the title would be in triple-threats or something like that where she doesnt have to get pinned to lose.

Its a good signing and I have to believe there's more to this though. A couple months from wrestlemania who are they bringing to face her. Maybe she wins the Rumble. She can probably body slam the whole roster. She can wrestle not sure of her mike skills but heck did tna ever let her speak? Maybe she can be the mystery gm that would be a curve ball.

Interesting that this happens so close to her arrest, I think it's going to be great for the Divas division if she is booked as she should be. My guess for how she is introduced is as Melina's bodyguard in her feud with Natalya.

Its a good signing and I have to believe there's more to this though. A couple months from wrestlemania who are they bringing to face her. Maybe she wins the Rumble. She can probably body slam the whole roster. She can wrestle not sure of her mike skills but heck did tna ever let her speak? Maybe she can be the mystery gm that would be a curve ball.

Too bad Chyna isn't such a trainwreck. Can you imagine Chyna in her prime against Awesome Kong?

Another idea would be to give Gail Kim a push finally and re-ignite their rivalry from TNA.

IMO it wont work here is my prediction first shes gonna get the umaga run get the title then slowly fall into obsurity its a shame too she is a great talent but i think it will be like her TNA run starting off with a bang and then slowly fisling out. Besides we all know wwe treats there divas as eye candy not wrestlers liker TNA does.

I think that this is a Very Good Signing by the WWE. Kong is a tremendous Women's Division alot. Kong needs to come in and Destroy Divas like Kelly Kelly, The Bellas, Eve, Maryse and then go on to have some good women's matches and feuds with Nattie, Beth, and McCool. This is a really good signing and I wish Kong the Best in WWE and I hope she gets used properly.

I just hope that if Awesome Kong comes to WWE, she doesn't end up wrestling the guys. This never works out well in my opinion. I hope she either runs wild throughout the divas division until an eventual feud with Beth Phoenix, or Natalya, or both. Or, she could be the muscle, a bodyguard type of character, for some wrestler or as part of some faction. Imagine seeing her in the corner of the Miz, either instead of or in addition to, Alex Riley. Now that would be Awesome.

Unfortunately, if she does end up in WWE, which I am still skeptical about, I can see her being a surprise entrant in the Royal Rumble, and I can see her eliminating a couple of guys. After this, though, there's no plausible way to return to the divas division, which in the end, will result in a short tenure in the WWE. Feuding with the guys can only last so long before it gets old.

Then again, if she does have a short stay only in the WWE, she's guaranteeing herself a spot in TNA. After all, they love snapping up WWE rejects :)

This could be interesting, though I'm not going to get too excited about this yet. As has been said by others, Awesome Kong doesn't fit the mold for what you'd imagine as a WWE Diva. Let's be completely honest here, Awesome Kong is talented inside the ring but she's also a very overweight woman and the WWE has historically cared more about how a Diva looks rather than her wrestling ability.

With that being said, there has been a noticable increase in the quality of the Divas over the past month. The Divas matches haven't been 60 seconds of crap designed to fill up some air time that they've usually been on Raw or SmackDown!. They've actually been pretty good and they've been featuring women in these matches that are actually decent to great inside the ring. Shit, they've even gone so far as to actually have feuds and some rudimentary storylines for the Divas rather than just putting them into random matches all the time. LayCool had the feud with Natalya and, now, probably with Beth Phoenix while Natalya is feuding with Melina. I'm not saying that these storylines have been epic, but at least it's something and is definitely more than what the Divas have been doing.

I'm not a huge fan of women's wrestling but I do appreciate women that can be good pro wrestlers. With the possible addition of Awesome Kong to the roster, it's extremely tempting to think that maybe, just maybe, the WWE is finally attempting to make the Divas actually somewhat relevant. It's tempting to hope and think that the WWE's recent focus on women that can actually work rather than those that are little more than *********ory fodder coupled with the signing of a woman that most definitely does not fit the mold of a stereotypical Diva is a sign. Just as the Knockouts are to TNA, the Divas are primarily filler for the WWE. However, just because it's filler doesn't mean it shouldn't be high quality filler.

if it's true and Kong is in WWE then this would improve the Women's division in WWE ALOT. After Natalya is finished feuding with Melina or LayCool, she can feud with Kong and have good matches, not to mention Beth vs. Kong, wow, that would be good to watch.

If this is true I could see the E using Kong as some sort of bodyguard for Laycool. With Laycool seemingly on the downs right now this could be a boost for them to further their feud with Phoenix and Natalya. It could lead to Kong eventually capturing the Divas title and then Laycool tries to take it from here and she turns on them and starts a feud in the process. Either way this would be a good move by the WWE. Kong isn't your prototypical diva, but she is as good in the ring as it gets and can move around well for a lady her size. It would improve the quality of women's wrestling in the WWE and that is a plus as many give the women's division crap for being close to terrible.

Love it. put Kong on Raw to keep her away from Beth and slowly build up a showdown between the two. Hands up if you'll giggle when you see Kong carrying the butterfly belt.

Kong can add a very real aspect to the WWE Diva's division.

First and possibly foremost, it will shut those ignorant TNA marks up about how the divas are untalented eye candy. Awesome Kong is more like eye vinegar, looking at her is like pouring vinegar directly into your eyeballs. She is also very talented which will fit in well with the other divas.

Furthermore, now the WWE has a diva that can match Beth Phoenix and Natalya in strength and athleticism. Both Beth and Natalya are both fiercely strong, but the fact that they are both so beautiful sometimes distracts us dumb male viewers from realizing how powerful they really are. Awesome Kong will cause no such distraction, and she will make for a good heel for Natalya and Beth to feud with.

Furthermore, she can help put divas over down the line. After the WWE fans become jaded to the Awesome part of Awesome Kong, she'll be great as the stepping stone to the divas championship. For instance, if to get a title shot you have to beat Awesome Kong... that's a pretty big task for a diva like Eve or Kelly Kelly. Beating Kong will make them look ready for anything, especially a title match with the likes of Beth, Natty, or Michelle.

Kong is not going to fit into the typical WWE diva role, and that is perfect. She's going to cause the writers to completely overhaul the division, and hopefully the WWE Divas will continue to become more and more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back