Australia Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downward Spiral

I'm Not From Your Country
Tomorrow, the 26th of January, is Australia Day. This date is used to commemorate the landing of the First Fleet into Australia. This was where Europeans made their first settlements in the land of the Aboriginees, because they did not have enough room in Britain for all their convicts. This is a national holiday and one of the most important of all in an Aussie life. Most will get together with family and friends, or attend celebrations in their local town. I do not know what the American or British equivalent is to this, but this is pretty big. Tomorrow, there will be the Aussie Open, some international cricket, and park football for all Aussies to relax and watch.

Share your thoughts on Australia, Aussie or not.

For me theres only one place to be on Australia day..................Fox 8. To watch the the Prison Break Slammer (marathon).

That is pretty Un-Aussie don't you think? Prison Break? Please...that show does nothing more than attract teenage girls to watch dumbed down programs that America is polluting our televisions with. It is so melodramatic that the creativity is flushed down the toilet as soon as you watch it. How could you sit at home watching TV instead of getting out with family and friends like I did in the morning?

BTW, I read on Sky News that the average Aussie doesn't know the meaning of Australia Day, especially the youths of this country. Maybe TV has something to do with that? Even some politician lobbying for children to become aware of our history couldn't name it. :wtf: Anyway, we thrashed the Poms in the cricket, so that is typically Austalian enough for me. It is good to be an Aussie!

lol.. I went out for lunch :/ Played a huge cricket game this arvo with freinds which was kool and am staying home tonight...... damn the only bad thing about Australia Day... is school is only 4 days away :(

I was lucky because we went to Lake Tinaroo and we were about the only ones there. Then as soon as we got home, the blue sky turned to grey, then a darker grey, then rain, then heavier rain, then lightning, then 5 seconds later the thunder. Typical weather for up here on Australia day. I thought we were a dry continent?

I didn't know Aussie's play cricket. I do too. I love the sport. The concept of it is so cool. I hate how people compare it to baseball. IMO, its better than baseball. You have to hit the ball and run to the sticks and back to the batting place. It just so much fun. I played a couple of times. I dont watch just play. I play mostly in florida. I never knew it was in Austrailia tho. Is it a big sport there?

I didn't know Aussie's play cricket. I do too. I love the sport. The concept of it is so cool. I hate how people compare it to baseball. IMO, its better than baseball. You have to hit the ball and run to the sticks and back to the batting place. It just so much fun. I played a couple of times. I dont watch just play. I play mostly in florida. I never knew it was in Austrailia tho. Is it a big sport there?

yeah its a huge sport, Australia is the number one team in international cricket.

Heres what happened on my australia day:
Watched 2 episodes of Prison break in the morning. Used an Aussie flag as a cape went down to the festivul in my town and had a good time. I then went to my mates and we played some cricket for the rest of the afternoon then me and my girlfriend went home and watched prison break. Damn prison break is compelling.

Only One Day to celebrate the most patriotic Day of the year:

VBs, BBQ, and the Cricket. God Damn, we thrashed those Poms..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back