Atlanta Region, Fifth Round: (3) Kurt Angle vs. (4) Sting

Who Wins This Match

• Kurt Angle

• Sting

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a fifth round match in the Wrestlezone Tournament.

This match takes place in the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia.

georgia_dome.jpg

#3 Kurt Angle

kurt_angle-0.jpg

Vs.

#4 Sting

sting+icon.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 60 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

The final three rounds are a one night tournament. Any damage sustained in these matches carries over to the next round.

Voting will open in 48 hours and will be open for five days and all posts must be non-spam. You may use the 48 hours to present your cases as to why either competitor should/should not win.​

Definitely Sting in this match. Kurt Angle is arguably the most overrated wrestler in the history of the business. Angle's idea of psychology in a match is to put on 23532532643 different Ankle lock's and lower the straps on his singlet. Perhaps Angle would be better in the ring if he could quit abusing alcohol and painkillers and keep his ass out of jail.

On the other hand, Sting is one of the truly legendary workers in the business. He was the icon of WCW, he was a far bigger draw in '97 than Angle has ever been in his life, and continues to be a solid draw in his early 50s. Sting is a true pro, and guaranteed to excite the crowd in every match he's in. He's also a true "good guy" in the real world, a man who, unlike Angle, kicked his addition to painkillers and now leads a good wholesome life, who spends a lot of time trying to help others out of their bad predicaments. When it comes to character, Steve Borden is twice the man Kurt Angle could ever dream of being.

Don't buy into the hype of Angle, Sting is simply the right vote here.

I'm going to put my vote for Sting. I think he has the skill set to ultimately beat Angle in a match. Kurt Angle is a very strong competitor but the general experience of Sting ultimately trumps the abilities of Angle. Angle just doesn't have the work ethich to win this match and I believe it is illegal to use painkillers in a match. I might be wrong. Sting would most certainly have the crowd with him for this match and I feel that he would go far with this. I think we would see Sting ultimately make Angle tap out around the 38 minute mark. I think this would be a great match but uSting is far better. In a physical match like this would be I give it to Sting.

Sting all the way here, no matter how you cut it.

I actually like Kurt Angle and I was very pleased he beat The Undertaker in the last round, which has to go down as one of the biggest upsets throughout this tournament's history. It was the correct choice though, as Kurt Angle is simply an incredible wrestler (kayfabe wise and none kayfabe wise) with a very entertaining personality outside the ring.

That said, Sting should go over in this one.

Sting is a true legend in professional wrestling, and if everyone had to create a top 10 "Greatest American Wrestlers of all time" lists, I just don't see how anyone could ever leave Sting off their list. Sting is a top 3 greatest babyface in pro wrestling history, and he's had countless legendary matches and moments throughout his career. And he did it all without once stepping into a WWE ring. It's truly remarkable when you think about it.

From the kayfabe point of view, it's simple... 50-year-old Sting beat Kurt Angle in TNA's biggest pay-per-view of the year in 2007 at Bound For Glory, so how does prime Sting lose to Kurt Angle? There's just no way anyone could make an argument for Kurt Angle here. Sting kicked his ass at 50-years-old... that's really all that needs to be said.

Sting should win this match no matter how you look at it. I like and deeply respect Kurt Angle, but Sting deserves to get the win over him.

This is the only match I really like here as neither have won this tournament yet. So I actually get to be a bit objective instead of just voting for the opposition. I think this is a bit closer than most would have you believe, but I'll still be going with Sting. Both men in their primes were capable of getting wins over anyone, but neither were on that level where they were unbeatable. I just see this being a closely fought match, but Sting getting the win.

My vote goes to Angle. I love Sting but Kurt has always been the man to me. Not to mention that I'm sure the Kurt Angle of around 2001 to 2003 would defeat Sting in a match of this magnitude. Vote Kurt here after 17 ankle locks and 6 Angle slams.

This one goes to Sting. When I think of WCW, I think of 2 thing. NWO and Sting. His match with Cactus Jack in 1992 has got to be one of the best matches I have ever seen. As for Angle, he's pulled of some great matches, but his recent arrest is going to hurt him.

Sting wins this one, just because of how much he meant to WCW.

I'm likely voting for Sting here because, if my math is correct, his somewhat out of shape, past his prime version holds two or three singles victories over Angle and, quite frankly, that's just sad. Hey, that's TNA for you, isn't it?

I've never understood the idolatry for Sting. It's as bemusing to me as love for Kenta Kobashi, Jeff Hardy or, I dunno, tomato juice. If that stuff tastes half as bad as it smells, Jesus. Sting, to me, is as good as any other wrestler that wore colourful spandex and yelled a lot; only he then ripped off The Crow to stay relevant.

I can understand how you can say you like him. I can definitely understand how you can say he has more relevance to the business than Angle. What I can't understand is this hero worship for him, as if shoots of grass appear from where he's stepped. I suppose it's the same reason I like Adam West's Batman. I was a child, it was on television and I enjoyed it.

I mean, psychology? Well, he understood as much as Hogan did - wrestling fans are like children. They respond to colours (or the lack thereof), loud noises and seemingly impossible comebacks. He's not exactly Sigmund Freud. The way people go on about him, I thought he probably had emotionally-charged soliloquies as he fought Hitler. No such luck. One day. One day.

Damn, my final pick goes out.... sorry Kurt. This wasnt meant to be.

Angle will go in the books as one of the best, but he will never be an icon. Sting has had one of the most memorable careers in history & never had to work for Vince to get it done. He is one of the last great stars & when he does go, it will be a sad day for the biz.

He has proven he can beat Kurt. That should be enough to make up your mind. Taking it a step further, Sting was part of (arguably) the greatest storyline in our time- the NWO. Not only was he part of it- he whooped the entire groups ass for weeks. Standing tall while all other heroes fell. A man and his bat destroyed the largest heel faction in history. Show me evidence where Angle came close to doing anything like that & ill change my vote.

Until then, vote Sting.

I don't care what Sly says about him, I love Kurt Angle no matter how many ankle locks and painkillers he uses. I also am not an overwhelmingly big fan of Sting. I like him and all, but most of the stuff that makes him The Icon happened before my time.

All that said, Sting is the obvious choice here.

Angle is good, really good, but Sting is one of the all time greatest. From a popularity perspective, Sting won the Most Popular Wrestler of the Year title four times, and this is when he had to compete with other WCW stars, WWF stars, and even some regional stars. Kurt Angle was never the most popular wrestler at any point of time during his career, and he didn't even have competition outside of the WWE.

Even from an abilities perspective Sting still wins. What good is limitless wrestling abilities if you can't form it into great matches? No good at all, ask Shelton Benjamin that. That's not to say Kurt hasn't put on his fair share of great matches, he has, just not as consistently as The Stinger, nor has he put on any matches as legendary as Sting. Sting has won match of the year twice, and his WarGames match is one of the most memorable in wrestling history. He's put on legendary feuds with Flair, Vader, and nWo.

And from the success perspective, it still goes to Sting. An 11 time world champion and frequent holder of tag and midcard belts, Sting bests Kurt Angle who, while he has held just about every title one can between WWE and TNA, has not had the reigns Sting has had, nor has he had as many world championships (though he's close with 10).

So the choice here is pretty clear, it's Sting.

I've never understood the appeal of Sting. Sure, he was charismatic, he was a great wrestler (still is quite good at the age of 52) and his gimmick change in WCW was undeniably cool. But he doesn't appeal to me. Not like his opponent does.

Which leads me to Kurt Angle. Who, to me, is a better wrestler. I love the style he uses. Where as personally, Sting has never really done it for me in the ring. Kurt Angle is also a better talker. He has a better gimmick. He has more personality. He can get the fans to love him or hate him. Kurt Angle is one of the all-time greats and deserves to win - not just the match-up - but the tournament.

Oh, and Kurt Angle's personal life shouldn't come into it. If you vote on that, you're an idiot.

I've never understood the appeal of Sting.
Probably because you're just a kid, who doesn't have the ability to grasp anything in wrestling beyond what you've seen in the last 6 months. It's not your fault, I find that's true of most younger fans.

Which leads me to Kurt Angle. Who, to me, is a better wrestler. I love the style he uses.
You like the style, fine, but a better wrestler? In what way? Perhaps his first few years, but since 2004-2005, Angle has done nothing but become an incredibly bland and ordinary worker with little to no concept of ring psychology. It doesn't matter if he's a face or heel, he wrestles the same match, and does nearly the same thing. The only thing that changes when Angle turns face/heel are the opponents he wrestles. Otherwise, you'd never know the difference.

Where as personally, Sting has never really done it for me in the ring.
Again, you're just a kid.

Kurt Angle is also a better talker.
:lmao:

No, no he's not. Sting can just howl one time and get a bigger pop than Angle's ever gotten for his mic work.

He has a better gimmick. He has more personality.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

This has to be a joke. Sting is one of the most charismatic wrestlers in the history of the business. He's ALWAYS had the ability to connect with the audience and make them care about what he's doing in the ring. He holds the crowd in the palm of his hand.

Angle? Like I said before, if it wasn't for his opponent, you'd never know whether Angle was the good guy or bad guy in the feud.

He can get the fans to love him or hate him.

Now you're just being silly. The bookers can get the fans to love or hate Angle...Angle himself doesn't.

Kurt Angle is one of the all-time greats and deserves to win - not just the match-up - but the tournament.
And Sting is far more deserving to win, given the fact he's been a far better worker, far more charismatic and a far bigger draw in the business than Angle ever has been. Angle's been proven to be a medicore draw.

Oh, and Kurt Angle's personal life shouldn't come into it. If you vote on that, you're an idiot.
Why shouldn't his personal life come into play? His personal life clearly has an effect on his personal life. Not only does it affect storylines and his ability to work with others, you know it makes it rather difficult for him to train and prepare for his matches properly as well.

Don't get me wrong, Sting's had his problems too, but unlike Angle, he's changed and become a better man. Not to mention that when Sting got in the business, it was a MUCH different place than when Angle got into it. There's no excuse for Angle at all.

Angle, more and more it seems, is a poor excuse for a human being, or if you think that is too harsh, you can't deny he has, time and again, made very poor choices.

But the whole point is, no matter which way you look at it, Sting is the better man.

This is a very very tough choice for me. I personally rate Kurt Angle as one of the best of all time. His in-ring ability is second to none, he is as intense as they come, his ability to still perform to a very high level after suffering such severe neck injuries shows a level of passion for the business that very few wrestlers can match, and in his prime he was a phenomenal worker. In just over a decade in the business he has accomplished absolutely everything.

But then there is Sting. An an icon in the wrestling business, and a man who as remained a major draw until his 50s, has one of the most recognisable gimmicks in history and has consistently put on great matches over several decades including being a part of the most memorable feud in WCW history vs the nWo, where he created a hype unlike almost any other before finally getting it on with Hogan after a year-long build up.

I have huge amount of respect for Sting for his loyalty to WCW, and now TNA and resisting the temptation of selling out his principles for the lure of the almighty McMahon wallet, and I am going to compare both Angle and Sting in their primes here...which will be an great match.

As an impartial outsider, I really would struggle to decide on a clear winner in this one. Both are excellent in the ring, and although they have different styles both have proven time and again that they can beat the very best in the business. Hell, they ARE they very best in the business. Both have a submission and a standing finishing move and both can get the crowd on the edge of their seats during any match...

So, to make a decision here I am going to have to look towards my personal preferance and that is Kurt Angle. I have always been more entertained by Angle than Sting. I have seen plenty of Sting during his rivalry with the nWo and LOVED it, and still enjoy him today, but watching Kurt Angle at his best is one of the reasons I love wrestling as much as I do. He can do it all, he can be an uncaring SOB intent of breaking your ankle, he can be a cheesy, guitar-playing idiot in a cowboy hat, he can be funny, and he can steal the show on any night.

I would back Sting over most people, but Kurt Angle is my choice here. However, with the punishment both men took in this match, Kurt may struggle in the next round. His legs will have been severely weakened after the Scorpian Death Lock.

I am voting for Kurt Angle.

This is Stings match to lose. Sorry, Angle-marks.

I'm sure Angle will get the Benoit treatment and marks of his work will talk about how technical wrestlers should always win matches. I call bullshit. Not only was Sting a fantastic worker, he won matches against guys that piss on Kurt Angle. Actually, didn't Sting beat Angle in TNA over the past few years? If so, this is a Sting that's past his prime and a Kurt Angle that arguably is still in his prime. That tells the story right there.

Everyone should overlook Angle's in ring skill ALONE. There are many more factors that come into play when you judge a great overall pro-wrestler. Even if Angle edge's Sting when it comes to technical wrestling, Sting's overall stardom is superior. In a nut shell, Sting was a Hulk Hogan that could actually wrestle. How can Angle compete?

Sting wins here, pretty decisively.

Probably because you're just a kid, who doesn't have the ability to grasp anything in wrestling beyond what you've seen in the last 6 months. It's not your fault, I find that's true of most younger fans.

What a wonderfully condescending thing to say. Does it make you feel better? More grown up, perhaps?

You like the style, fine, but a better wrestler? In what way? Perhaps his first few years, but since 2004-2005, Angle has done nothing but become an incredibly bland and ordinary worker with little to no concept of ring psychology. It doesn't matter if he's a face or heel, he wrestles the same match, and does nearly the same thing. The only thing that changes when Angle turns face/heel are the opponents he wrestles. Otherwise, you'd never know the difference.

In what way? Perhaps in the way that I’d rather watch an Angle match than a Sting match. I can't put my finger on why. They're just more entertaining to me. I don’t watch his TNA matches. I am going off of his prime. In his prime, he put on matches which I would take over Sting's matches. That's my reasoning for him being better than Sting. But it’s your opinion if you want to disagree.

Again, you're just a kid.

Well done. You’re not coming off any better or cooler. You do know that, right?

No, no he's not. Sting can just howl one time and get a bigger pop than Angle's ever gotten for his mic work.

Oh yes, I forgot that good mic work is howling once and getting a pop. There was me thinking it was about being fluent, engaging and full of character. That’s not to say Sting isn’t those things. But, to me, Angle is more so.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

This has to be a joke. Sting is one of the most charismatic wrestlers in the history of the business. He's ALWAYS had the ability to connect with the audience and make them care about what he's doing in the ring. He holds the crowd in the palm of his hand.

You're absolutely right. However, I can't connect to Sting as well as I can Angle. That's just my personal feeling.

Angle? Like I said before, if it wasn't for his opponent, you'd never know whether Angle was the good guy or bad guy in the feud.

Well that’s not true. To you maybe, but I can distinguish his alignment just fine.

Now you're just being silly. The bookers can get the fans to love or hate Angle...Angle himself doesn't.

Evidence? No? Didn't think so.

And Sting is far more deserving to win, given the fact he's been a far better worker, far more charismatic and a far bigger draw in the business than Angle ever has been. Angle's been proven to be a medicore draw.

Better worker? Your opinion. More charismatic? Your opinion. And I don't care how much someone draws. It doesn't change how I feel about a wrestler or how good I think they are.

Why shouldn't his personal life come into play? His personal life clearly has an effect on his personal life. Not only does it affect storylines and his ability to work with others, you know it makes it rather difficult for him to train and prepare for his matches properly as well.

Don't get me wrong, Sting's had his problems too, but unlike Angle, he's changed and become a better man. Not to mention that when Sting got in the business, it was a MUCH different place than when Angle got into it. There's no excuse for Angle at all.

Angle, more and more it seems, is a poor excuse for a human being, or if you think that is too harsh, you can't deny he has, time and again, made very poor choices.

First of all, I'd like to know how you have such an in-depth knowledge of Kurt Angle's personal life. That would be a starting point. Secondly, I’ve never heard of a case where Kurt Angle’s personal life has affected storylines or his ability to work with others. But please, if you have good examples, then I‘d be happy to concede that point. When you know how a wrestler trains and prepares for a match, then get back to me.

Angle is a poor excuse for a human being? Who the fuck are you to make that judgement? You're just a faceless person sitting behind a computer. Yet you think you know Kurt Angle well enough to make such a scathing judgement. Give me a break.

But the whole point is, no matter which way you look at it, Sting is the better man.

Unless, of course, you look at it subjectively. In which case, it's up to the individual.

I'm a big fan of both men, but Sting takes this and it isn't even close.

I've been a huge Sting fan since I was in short pants, but I don't really think bias comes into play here. Sting has beaten Angle on multiple occasions and he wasn't even near his prime. If a TNA-era Sting can handle Angle, imagine what prime Sting would do to him. This the man that dispatched Cactus Jack, Ric Flair, Hollywood Hogan, and Vader. As good as Angle is, he doesn't touch Sting. He's a wrestler that is incredibly difficult to defeat and, on top of that, is/was a much bigger star than Angle. Furthermore, in a theorhetical match, it would take roughly 23 Olympic Slams and 50 attempts at the ankle lock to beat Sting, whereas only one, maybe two Scorpion Death Drops would take out Angle. I just don't see how Angle can win this.

I'm not nearly as down on Angle as Slyfox is, but he's essentially correct for the most part - Sting is better than Kurt in pretty much every conceivable way, both in and out of kayfabe.

Prime Sting versus prime Angle? Let's be honest, no matter if it was in WCW or WWF, any feud between these guys could have been booked to go either way.

Comparing the two is actually surprisingly difficult. Sting is regarded as a bigger draw but that is during a different period when there was competition between federations and he was the main face of WCW, Angle was part of the sole organisation and part of a group of wrestlers including 5 other guys in the quarters finals and 11 other guys in the final 16.

Push and quality of opponents? Both guys beat and lost to the greatest in their respective federations, again you'd be hard pushed to pick a winner.

Promos? Many would go with Kurt here because of his more flamboyant style but Sting had fans going wild for over a year by saying nothing, with the logical conclusion being that the Icon is bigger than promo!

Character and adaptability? Polar opposites, Kurt is off the exaggerated version of self brigade (see also, Austin and Flair) and his natural character lends well to both face and heel... the Stinger is more of the 'Taker and Kane school, he has made a career from playing two very different characters - Surfer and Crow Stings, but the one thing he has never done is successfully transition to a heel.

Real life? Most people will concede that Sting has been a better role model for wrestling but the same people will probably also concede that, shoot fighting, Angle has the edge.

Overall, for every argument you put in for one guy, a counter can be provided for the other. I believe you just have to go with your favourite and not be ashamed or lambasted for doing so.

I'll be going with the Stinger, I have always been a huge fan of Angles and (for me) he is the most captivating wrestler going today. Having said that, my American wrestling experience began with Sting vs Flair and the Horsemen and proceeded through Luger/ Vader and the Dangerous Alliance to his move to 'Crow' Sting and his war with Hollywood Hogan and the nWo. I have just preferred the Icon's storyline arc through his prime to that of the Olympic Hero's.

'Surfer' Sting to go over a heel 'Team Angle' feud after overcoming interference from the WGTT with assistance from the Steiners and locking in the Scorpion Deathlock for the submission victory.

Reasons to vote for Kurt Angle:

• His head is reflective. Light may shine off of his dome and blind Sting. He spends so much time in the dark that his eyes must be sensitive.
  • Kurt Angle can do more push ups than Sting.
  • He won a gold medal with a broken freakin' neck!
  • Kurt Angle takes so many painkillers that even a shot with Sting's baseball bat to his back won't make him blink.
  • Milk builds strong bones.
  • Sting has an identity crisis. Happy-go-lucky surfer or brooding, loner goth? What is it, Steve?
  • The match takes place in Atlanta... where Kurt won a gold medal with a broken freakin' neck!

USA

What a wonderfully condescending thing to say. Does it make you feel better? More grown up, perhaps?
Sounds like you're a little defensive of the fact you're a child. Don't worry, everyone is a child at least once in their life. But you said you never understood the appeal of Sting, and I'm just explaining why.

Oh yes, I forgot that good mic work is howling once and getting a pop.
Who said it was? I'm just showing Sting's so much better than Angle it requires very little effort for him to show his mic superiority. I think you missed that.

There was me thinking it was about being fluent, engaging and full of character. That’s not to say Sting isn’t those things. But, to me, Angle is more so.
See, that's where your problem is, you were thinking. The point of a good promo is to make people care...about you, your match, your promo...whatever. Sting can do that better with one howl than Angle ever has.

You're absolutely right. However, I can't connect to Sting as well as I can Angle. That's just my personal feeling.
Because, like I said, you're a kid. You've grown up with Angle, and not Sting.

Well that’s not true. To you maybe, but I can distinguish his alignment just fine.
Really? Tell me, exactly what does Angle do differently in the ring as a heel that he doesn't do as a face?

Evidence?
The fact his in-ring style doesn't change to fit his face/heel disposition. Thought I had mentioned that.

No? Didn't think so.
You were awfully quick to jump the gun on that one. Must have sucked when you realize this is a web forum, and I can still reply, even if you try to "cut me off".

Better worker? Your opinion. More charismatic? Your opinion. And I don't care how much someone draws. It doesn't change how I feel about a wrestler or how good I think they are.
The fact Sting was a bigger draw is proof that Sting was a better worker and more charismatic, and that it's not just my opinion.

First of all, I'd like to know how you have such an in-depth knowledge of Kurt Angle's personal life.
Well, he's been arrested on several occasions, accused of stalking, has a well-documented history of abusing drugs, has been linked on a couple of different occasions to steroid cases, was just arrested for being intoxicated in a car, etc.

All of this is public knowledge.

Secondly, I’ve never heard of a case where Kurt Angle’s personal life has affected storylines or his ability to work with others.
How about the fact he abused Rhaka Khan, essentially forcing her to leave TNA?

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spo...an_comments_on_kurt_angle_her_tna_future.html

Angle is a poor excuse for a human being?
Sure does seem that way.

Who the fuck are you to make that judgement? You're just a faceless person sitting behind a computer. Yet you think you know Kurt Angle well enough to make such a scathing judgement. Give me a break.
Well, let's see. I've never stalked anyone, never done illegal drugs, never beat a woman, never had a restraining order placed against me for beating a woman, never violated said restraining order, I've never been arrested...

Who the fuck am I to make that judgment? I'm a guy who's never done any of the things Angle has done illegally, that's who I am.

Unless, of course, you look at it subjectively. In which case, it's up to the individual.
And if you look at it objectively, Sting is better.

Sounds like you're a little defensive of the fact you're a child. Don't worry, everyone is a child at least once in their life. But you said you never understood the appeal of Sting, and I'm just explaining why.

What does me being a child have to do with not understanding the appeal of Sting? Sure, he's before my time but I've seen enough of him to make my own mind up.

Who said it was? I'm just showing Sting's so much better than Angle it requires very little effort for him to show his mic superiority. I think you missed that.

Howling once and getting a reaction does not show mic superiority. It shows that the fans love Sting when he's a face.

See, that's where your problem is, you were thinking. The point of a good promo is to make people care...about you, your match, your promo...whatever. Sting can do that better with one howl than Angle ever has.

Being engaging does make people care. Sting does it better with one howl to most. Not to me.

Because, like I said, you're a kid. You've grown up with Angle, and not Sting.

I've actually grown up with neither. But sure, I get your point. It's a point that doesn't matter, but a point nonetheless.

Really? Tell me, exactly what does Angle do differently in the ring as a heel that he doesn't do as a face?

I'll whisper it: I don't care if someone changes their style in a minor way depending on their heel/face disposition. I care if someone puts on a match that I enjoy. Angle does more so than Sting.

The fact his in-ring style doesn't change to fit his face/heel disposition. Thought I had mentioned that.

Yes, you have. Still not caring.

You were awfully quick to jump the gun on that one. Must have sucked when you realize this is a web forum, and I can still reply, even if you try to "cut me off".

I wasn't trying to "cut you off". I was trying to show unreasonable audacity. I though you would have got that, being the master and all.

The fact Sting was a bigger draw is proof that Sting was a better worker and more charismatic, and that it's not just my opinion.

That's not how it works. It is an opinion whether someone is a better worker or more charismatic. Since when have the best workers and the most charismatic been the biggest draws?

Well, he's been arrested on several occasions, accused of stalking, has a well-documented history of abusing drugs, has been linked on a couple of different occasions to steroid cases, was just arrested for being intoxicated in a car, etc.

All of this is public knowledge.

Not very indicative of what his personal life is like at the moment, is it?

How about the fact he abused Rhaka Khan, essentially forcing her to leave TNA?

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spo...an_comments_on_kurt_angle_her_tna_future.html

I didn't know that (probably because I'm just a kid, right?). Like I said, I'm happy to concede that point. It still doesn't change how I feel about Angle.

Well, let's see. I've never stalked anyone, never done illegal drugs, never beat a woman, never had a restraining order placed against me for beating a woman, never violated said restraining order, I've never been arrested...

Who the fuck am I to make that judgment? I'm a guy who's never done any of the things Angle has done illegally, that's who I am.

So because you've never done some of the things Angle has done, you are entitled to judge him and call him a "poor excuse for a human being"? What brilliant logic. :rolleyes:

And if you look at it objectively, Sting is better.

Why would I look at it objectively when it's all about my opinion?

Ooooookay...while these two are going at it, I'm gonna get my word in.

I pick Sting. I think that some people can overdo it in their praise of Angle, but most of it is definitely warranted. Still, Sting WAS WCW. He was a part of the best storylines, he has fantastic in-ring ability, and backstage he is as professional as they come. Furthermore, Sting has beaten Angle in TNA and has done so convincingly, so for me the proof is in the pudding.

Reasons to vote for Kurt Angle:

• His head is reflective. Light may shine off of his dome and blind Sting. He spends so much time in the dark that his eyes must be sensitive.
  • Kurt Angle can do more push ups than Sting.
  • Kurt Angle takes so many painkillers that even a shot with Sting's baseball bat to his back won't make him blink.
  • Milk builds strong bones.
  • Sting has an identity crisis. Happy-go-lucky surfer or brooding, loner goth? What is it, Steve?
  • The match takes place in Atlanta... where Kurt won a gold medal with a broken freakin' neck!

USA

With that being said I voted for Sting.I was gonna vote for Angle but decided to see some of the arguements.And this is one of that saddest arguements I've ever seen.Plus 1 Scorpion Death Drop > 50 Olympics slams and 1 Scorpion Death Lock > 100 attempts to actually get Sting into it.

I prefer Angle, but apparently Sting the the "obvious" choice. What a dilema. With Kurt going to a high school near mine and the fact that his drunken antics are so amusing, he does hold a major advantage. However, Sting could get the crowd to cheer with one primal yell. Quite difficult. I'll go strictly by the record against each other. Lemme look it up.

Well Angle has 2 wins in one on one matches compared to Sting's 1, so that seals the deal for me.

I gave my vote to Angle in this one, I have seen stuff by both of these men and I ,personally, have always enjoyed watching Angle more than sting. Now maybe because I didn't watch the WCW stuff as it happened but went back and watched it over time, but Angle has always entertained me more.
This would be a great match going back and forward with kickouts from finishers and long drawn out escapes from submissions but in the end I see Angles hand being held up in victory.

Oh and as far as Angle's personal life effecting his ability to do business goes. What is the current storyline he is doing in tna? That's right one with his ex wife and the man she left him for, with his kids involved. I think that shows that he can put personal feelings aside and do business.

Sting is one of the all time greatest to ever step in the ring. The man could blow the roof of arena's with a mere howl. The man carried some of the most legendary feuds in wrestling history with the nWo and Ric Flair. He's wrestled more amazing matches than you can count on both hands and both feet. He helped make WCW a wild success, and he was one of the few things WCW still had going for it when it began to fail. WWE fans have been waiting for him to sign with their company for decades, and he's a man that has so much integrity (a rare quality to find in professional wrestling) that he may never oblige their dreams. He's a star in and out of the ring, one of those names that people who know next to nothing about wrestling will still recognize.

Kurt Angle is also a great wrestling talent, but he will never be the legend that Sting is. This shouldn't be as close as it is, this match belongs to Sting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back