• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Asuka About To Be Called Up?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I read a report at wrestlinginc.com that stated current NXT Women's Champion Asuka has been added to a number of main roster house show dates in March. The report states that Asuka is replacing the injured Naomi and the first of these main roster shows will be held March 12 at Madison Square Garden. WWE usually does a super show type thing when playing MSG and in this particular case, Asuka will be teaming with Nikki Bella, Becky Lynch and Tamina to take on Alexa Bliss, Mickie James, Natalya and Carmella.

The report states that these are rest of the shows in which she'll be touring with the main roster:

1. March 13 - Charleston WV
2. March 25 - Johnson City, TN
3. March 26 - Raleigh, NC
4. March 27 - Norfolk, VA

As she's replacing Naomi, these are all SmackDown Live events. It doesn't automatically mean she's getting called up, but it's a possibility considering Naomi being injured leaves them short handed considering Tamina isn't back on TV yet and Eva Marie is out being a C list movie star.

Naomi's injury isn't expected to be a long one. She might even be cleared in time for WrestleMania, so it could just be a temporary call-up until Naomi's healthy. BUT, I really don't think they need a replacement for Naomi. The Women's roster on Smackdown is incredibly deep and they can do more than okay for the little over a month that she'll be out.

Also I feel like this is kind of an awkward time to call her up. She's more than ready talent wise but she's currently the champion and has her undefeated streak. Admittedly, I'm not too up to date on what's happening on NXT, but I do know that if Asuka leaves and goes up to the main roster, it'll leave NXT's Women's division in a pretty bad place. Considering her streak, they're not gonna have her drop the title at a NXT taping or god forbid a house show, it'll be treated like a big moment at a Takeover event and I feel like doing it at Takeover: Orlando would just be too much of a rush.

If I were to bet, I'd say it's temporary.

Yeah, she's ready but the timing just isn't right. There's really no successor in NXT. The only thing they could do that would make any sense would be to have one of the Australians win it and then have them feud back and forth, but most of the girls in NXT currently are really lacking in personality. Liv Morgan, Aliyah, Ember Moon, Peyton Royce, Billie Kay, Daria Berenato, Mandy Rose, Nikki Cross.

I think that's the whole roster, the only person on there I think is actually believable to beat Asuka in the way she's been presented is Daria, but she wasn't even in the last set of tapings so who knows what the plan is with her at the moment.

Asuka is definitely ready. For those who said there is no potential successor in the NXT Women's division look no further than Ember Moon. I have been predicting for many months now that she would be the one to dethrone Asuka. Have Asuka lose the title to Ember at Takeover during Wrestlemania 33 weekend. Asuka goes on to Smackdown where she goes on to feud with Alexa, Becky, or Mickie. Ember as the new NXT Women's Champion could feud this summer with the Australians. By NXT Brooklyn 2017 they should have completely recovered from Asuka's promotion. It sucks for Naomi to get injured but the timing is right to move Asuka up by Wrestlemania. If it happens sooner maybe she works both NXT and Smackdown briefly for a month or two.

From what i've read and some of the interviews that HHH gave the last couples of months, Asuka isn'T going anywhere anytime soon. She got hired to be the face of the NXT women'S division and not really to be called up to the main roster. They might use her at live events when they need a replacement for somebody but outside of that, for now, she pretty much staying in NXT where she probably be better off staying anyway because i don'T see anybody in charge of creative knowing how to book her or what to do with her especially since the women'S division on both show are really promo heavy and asuka isn'T the best promo and can barely speak english.

From what i've read and some of the interviews that HHH gave the last couples of months, Asuka isn'T going anywhere anytime soon. She got hired to be the face of the NXT women'S division and not really to be called up to the main roster. They might use her at live events when they need a replacement for somebody but outside of that, for now, she pretty much staying in NXT where she probably be better off staying anyway because i don'T see anybody in charge of creative knowing how to book her or what to do with her especially since the women'S division on both show are really promo heavy and asuka isn'T the best promo and can barely speak english.

I agree with you that she is better off in NXT, and that VKM and Dunn will have ZERO idea on how to use Asuka. Talent wise, she should have been on the Main Roster from Day 1. She is not only the best wrestler amongst the women, but also one of the best amongst the men. As for cutting promos: Sure, she is not the greatest, but she really does not have to talk much. She DOES speak English fluently. She has written in gamer-type magazines in both Japanese and English, and she was very much into American culture. What I DO hope is that Trips bookends Asuka with people like DASH Chisako and Tsukushi. Sadly, Kairi Hojo, that WWE WANTED to sign for NXT, had a concussion last summer, and she got cold feet after what happened with Daniel Bryan. I just hope that Trips can add more ladies to that talent pool at NXT.

Asuka is definitely ready. For those who said there is no potential successor in the NXT Women's division look no further than Ember Moon. I have been predicting for many months now that she would be the one to dethrone Asuka. Have Asuka lose the title to Ember at Takeover during Wrestlemania 33 weekend. Asuka goes on to Smackdown where she goes on to feud with Alexa, Becky, or Mickie. Ember as the new NXT Women's Champion could feud this summer with the Australians. By NXT Brooklyn 2017 they should have completely recovered from Asuka's promotion. It sucks for Naomi to get injured but the timing is right to move Asuka up by Wrestlemania. If it happens sooner maybe she works both NXT and Smackdown briefly for a month or two.

I have to agree with Dagger here, she is definitely ready and has been for a long time. There is simply no one left in NXT at her level for her to feud with. They had to bring back Mickie James at Survivor Series to have a match with her because of that reason.

NXT is the farm system for the WWE, it's where wrestlers whether they be new to the business, come from another promotion or whatever, learn the WWE way of doing things. She is a better wrestler than most of the women on the main roster at the present time, might even be the best out of the lot. They call up someone like Eva Marie and Dana Brooks and leave Asuka behind. Makes no sense.

I've heard lot's of complaints from guys on forums that women don't have the shelf life in wrestling that men do. This is a perfect example of why. She can't do anything else down in NXT, she has run through the entire roster and is making them look bad every week. It's time to bring her up to replace Eva Marie who for some reason or other has disappeared. At least that way we'll get someone who will actually get in the ring and do something.

As for her English, no it's not her first language but she can speak it. Some of the wrestler's on the roster for a long time now still can't cut a decent promo and English is their first language.

i think Asuka should be called up to RAW or Smackdown (i would go with RAW and then have a trade with either Charlotte or Banks to Smackdown for either Nattie or Alexa Bliss).

now why would i do that?? simple, on RAW, i'd build the Women's division with Bayley as the leading face and with either Banks or Charlotte as the lead heels with Nia Jax and Bliss also chasing.....meanwhile on Smackdown, i'd have Becky Lynch somehow beat Bliss at WM and then have either Banks or Charlotte chase Becky and beat her to set up another feud with Asuka and of course, Mickie James would still be there too. with that said, if no trade happens, then i'd just have Asuka on Smackdown and have her feud with Nattie, Mickie, Bliss and eventually Carmella.

Asuka shows up at Mania AS NXT Champ and wins it... she beats Ember moon at Takeover and keeps her unbeaten streak...

Why?

This Multi person match for Alexa is stacking the deck, but they've booked her as such she could get through it... just when she thinks the whole roster is in the ring and it's time to go... Boom Asuka comes out and wins it. It keeps Alexa's "whiny bitch" heat strong, but gives her some sympathy if they want to make her face from it and have Asuka as the badass heel champ.

As for the NXT Womens title - remember they are planning a Womens tourney, so it makes sense that is for the Womens title...they can bring in some new talent similar to the UK tourney but it's an established belt at stake and covers NXT's perceived lack of depth.

Why do I think that Asuka could be Sister Abigail? Lol.

Asuka is definitely ready as others said but what about NxT Women Division? Asuka is the flagship holder and if she leaves, that leaves Ember Moon and Nikki Cross. Also the duo of Peyton Royce and Billie Kay whom I have low expectations from. So, Asuka needs to be on NxT for a while. NxT is still in rebuilding phase as in this division and Asuka has the biggest role in helping it recreate the same magic that Four Horsewomen had.

They are getting the SD girls used to Asuka's style to avoid anyone getting injured on Sunday at Wrestlemania. If it's really just to fill in for Naomi, why would WWE use their NXT Women's Champion and risk injury with Takeover and Wrestlemania coming up, to fill in at house shows? They could use anyone if that were the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back