Ascension 87: Vikram vs. Frankie Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
As is tradition in WZCW, an exhibition match to kick-off the show will feature two of the WZCW's newest signings in singles competition. These two will fight for the first time on WZCW against each other, looking to feel their way around the ropes in the big time arenas of the professional wrestling world. It'll also be interesting to see a mix of personalities as former cricket player Vikram clashes against the ex-carnie Frankie Woods, a match that hasn't happened before in the company.

The Ascension General Manager wishes both competitors good luck in their first outing and will be watching this match closely.

Deadline is Wednesday, December 17th, at 11:59PM, CST. Deadlines available upon request.

Vikram: So, what do we have on him?

Know your enemy and yourself and you can win a hundred battles without jeopardy. Analyzing his opponents was a situation that Vikram is accustomed to, but the playing field is very different this time round.

We are at Vikram’s new plush and swanky apartment at New York City. Shirish, Vikram’s friend and manager, is with him. Vikram’s relaxing on a sofa while Shirish is pacing around. They have a soft board on the wall facing them with and on it there’s a photograph of the man Vikram will be facing on Ascension 87, Frankie Woods.

Shirish: Nothing much. This guy used to work at a carnival and is a loner. But---

Vikram: I don’t understand what these fuckers at WZCW are thinking!!!!

Vikram throws his arms up in the air out of frustration and continues.

Vikram: I’m an international athlete, WZCW’s first ever dual sports superstar. Now, I know that these Americans are too stupid to understand and appreciate a beautiful game like cricket but what about the rest of the world? There’s a kid who says that he won’t ever play again till he sees me take back my decision to retire. Girls all over the country are crying over me, and you know how they can’t even distinguish between a drive and a hook.

I should be in the main event challenging Matt Tastic for the Heavyweight Title. Hell, it’ll be great for business. I'll bring in an audience that has had no interest in wrestling so far. The main event is where I belong. Instead, I’m wrestling a clown---

Shirish: He’s not a clown, Vikram---

Vikram: What!? I would have respected him a bit had he been one. At least, that way he would have been a performer. So I’m wrestling some, popcorn seller---

Shirish: LISTEN TO ME VIKRAM!!! This is serious business. Frankie has severe psychological issues and a leading city psychiatrist personally handles his case. He’s highly unpredictable and violent.

Vikram’s just flabbergasted at this piece of information.

Vikram(shouting): When were you going to tell me this? You’re telling me that they are putting me in the ring with some deranged lunatic!!! This is no way to treat a superstar like me...What kind of place is this??

Shirish (concerned): Maybe you should have never left cricket, Vikram. Pro Wrestling is a dangerous sport and it messes up your life. I know that the fixing allegations hurt you---

Vikram gives Shirish a look that frightens him. Despite being friends, they haven’t really talked about it as they know that it is a touchy issue. Vikram, due to his colorful character, had been involved in numerous controversies throughout his career but this was the biggest one till date. He had been accused of getting bribes to underperform in matches which had ultimately led to him quitting the sport. Vikram had claimed that he had done so because he was hurt that no one believed in his innocence. Some fans had believed that but others were of the opinion that Vikram was guilty.

For more details regarding this issue, check Vikram’s sample RP.

Shirish: Believe me, I know you’re innocent and you would have surely proved that. Why take this risk Vikram? Is it all really worth it?

There’s silence in the room for a while. Shirish is worried that he may have touched a raw wound. Vikram takes a deep breath to compose himself and speaks again.

Vikram: No. Cricket was the love of my life but what I said at the interview, is true. The game does not deserve me, the fans do not deserve to be treated to a talent like me anymore. It’s not a game anymore, it’s become a media circus.

As much as this Frankie guy can hurt me, that’s nothing compared to the pain I’ll feel if I decide to go back. I won’t be able to live with myself.
Frankie may be psychotic, Shirish, but I’ve got my own darkside as well. Somewhere that I’m myself scared to go to. But the anger has helped unleash it, and Frankie’s going to be its first victim.

Vikram looks straight at the camera.

Vikram(angrily): Welcome to my playground, Frankie!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back