• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ascension 70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
[YOUTUBE]_yuXWYz78Lg[/YOUTUBE]​

Extravagant pyro goes off to signal the start of Ascension. A special display of black, red, and yellow pyro go off after the normal display, signalling the company's visit to Germany. The crowd roars with approval as the camera zooms around the arena, stopping to pay special attention to a sign that says "Holmes and Celeste eat Scheiße"

Connor: Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the seventieth edition of WZCW Ascension! We want to say a special hello to all of our armed forces past and present, Happy Veteran's day! We are packed to the roof again here tonight on our European tour and we have another action packed show!

[YOUTUBE]v_HlVcGKVG4[/YOUTUBE]​

The familiar music of Big Dave plays, the crowd applauding their approval as he makes his way to the ring. He waves to the fans along the way.

Dave: Hey guys, I know I'm not usually here for Ascension, but recent developments have lead to me being switched from my normal position as GM of Meltdown to the new GM of Ascension. While I can't say I'm happy, I want to assure you that I will still bring the normal hard hitting action that Meltdown usually brings, only a night later.

[YOUTUBE]4066U5H9bhk[/YOUTUBE]​

New WZCW owner Mr. Kenneth Banks makes his way onto the stage, mic in hand. He takes a moment to listen to the mixed reaction he is getting.

Banks: Dave, Dave, Dave, I expect a little more professionalism from you. For a man who has been with the company for so long, you don't seem to value your job very much. I hope you deliver on your promise to keep bringing hard hitting action, because if viewership declines, you will be looking for a new job.

[YOUTUBE]4066U5H9bhk[/YOUTUBE]​

Dave looks on shocked as Mr. Banks turns to walk backstage.

Connor: Shocking news to start off Ascension, as new owner Mr. Banks has just announced that new Ascension general manager Big Dave's job is on the line.

Cohen: I think we have already seen that Mr. Banks wants only the best for the company, and if you aren't up to snuff he will cut you off.

Connor: Well let's hope Big Dave can deliver. He kicks off his tenure by making Drake Callahan run the gauntlet against The Sacrificial Altar when we come back.

Anderson: The following contest is a gauntlet match!

Boos echo through the arena as the Sacrificial Altar appear at the top of the ramp. They make their way towards the ring.

Anderson: Introducing first, the Sacrificial Altar!

One by one , the members get into the ring and turn their attention towards the stage.

There’s a huge pop as Drake walks out, a look of apprehension on his face. He takes a deep breath before heading to the ring.

Anderson: And their opponent, weighing in at 215 pounds, Drake Callahan!

Connor: Drake may be walking into a slaughter tonight, and he knows it…

Cohen: I would’ve left the building half an hour ago.

Drake gets up on the apron and looks at each of his three opponents. Referee James Aubrey manages to keep TSA on their side of the ring, but it’s clear that they don’t want to play by the rules tonight. Mason Westhoff and Grand Mystique exit the ring, leaving David Whitman to be the first to face off against Drake.

Aubrey calls for the bell and the first match is under way. Whitman goes on the attack from the get go, unleashing a series of right hands with no response from Drake, who seems caught off guard. With Drake apparently stunned, Whitman runs off the ropes but Callahan hits a big dropkick, taking his opponent down. Drake goes for the quick pin,

1….

Kick out by Whitman!

Cohen: Callahan wants to get this first match out of the way as quickly as possible!

Connor:
I think it’s more like he needs to get it out of the way…

Drake picks up Whitman and backs him into the corner before hitting rights and lefts to any part of Whitman he can see. Drake backs up before running forward and going for the dropkick, but Whitman gets out of the corner, and Drake collides with the turnbuckles. As Drake stumbles backwards, Whitman picks him up for the Burning Hammer. Drake, however, rolls of Whitman’s shoulder and back onto his feet. He turns Whitman around, delivers a kick to the gut, lifts him up and hits the Faded Memory! Whitman folds up like an accordion and seems totally out of it as Drake goes for the pin,

1….

2…..

3!

The referee pushes Whitman out of the ring and before Drake can even get back up, Mason Westhoff has already entered the ring and started beating on Drake.

Connor: Callahan’s night is starting to feel long already…

Westhoff kneels over Drake and starts pounding away at his forehead until the referee forces him to break it up. Westhoff picks Drake up and lifts him up into the air for a Gorilla Press. Mystique looks on with a sick smirk as Westhoff holds Drake in the air, showing incredible strength, before dropping Drake on his face. Westhoff casually walks to the corner and climbs up to the top rope, waiting for Callahan to get up. As Drake makes it up, Westhoff comes off the top rope and hits a clothesline on the way. Westhoff quickly gets up and runs off the ropes before hitting a Senton splash. He hooks a leg,

1….

2….

Drake gets a shoulder up! Westhoff keeps calm as he picks up his opponent and delivers a hard Irish Whip into the corner. He backs up before running forward for the high boot, but Drake rolls out of the corner, grabbing Westhoff’s leg on the way, and rolls him up,

1….

2….

Westhoff kicks out, looking slightly stunned but mostly angry. Drake manages to get up quickly this time and Westhoff charges at him for the Lariat. But Drake ducks under it, drabbing Westhoff’s arm as he does do and twist Westhoff around into a Neckbreaker! With the crowd cheering him on, Drake crawls over to the corner and climbs up to the top. He leaps off with a diving elbow, that hits Westhoff right in the heart! Drake makes the cover,

1….

2….

Westhoff kicks out again!

Connor: This match is taking so much out of Callahan, but he still has to face Grand Mystique!

Cohen: Assuming he gets past Mason Westhoff, that is.

Drake gets up, pulling Westhoff with him and slaps on a front facelock, going for the Faded Memory for a second time. Westhoff, however, has different ideas, and lifts Drake over shoulder before hitting a modified Alabama Slam. As Westhoff catches his breath, Drake uses the ropes to pull himself up in the other corner. As Drake turns around, Westhoff charges across the ring for the spear but Drake reacts in a split second, hitting a dropkick out of nowhere. Westhoff goes down, completely dazed, and Drake grabs his arms and locks in the Bitter End!

Westhoff screams out in pain but before he has a chance to tap, Grand Mystique slides into the ring and kicks Drake in the gut! The referee calls for the bell as Mystique and Whitman begin to stomp away at Callahan, soon joined by Westhoff. They each take their shots at Drake, before Westhoff and Whitman pull him up and throw him into Mystique, who lifts him up for the Hand of Prophecy. But before Mystique can execute the devastating manoeuvre, Amber Warren and El Califa Dragon, Los Magnificos Dragones, come bolting down the ramp. They slide into the ring and start exchanging blows, Califa taking it to Westhoff while Warren brawls with Whitman. With Mystique distracted, Callahan elbows his way out of the Hand of Prophecy.

He turns Mystique around and hits a series of right hands before clotheslining him over the top rope. Moments later, Califa throws Westhoff over the top to the ground, then Warren does the same. TSA regroup on the outside, looking like they’re ready for round two. But then a familiar voice fills the arena.

Banks: Stop it! Control yourselves!

Mr. Banks walks out onto the stage looking quite furious, microphone in hand.

Banks: This kind of shenanigans will not happen in this company anymore! You want to fight it out, then you do it properly. At Meltdown 96, it will be the Sacrificial Altar taking on Drake Callahan and Los Magnificos Dragones in a six-man tag match!

The crowd pops huge for the announcement. Inside the ring, Drake smirks at the announcement before nodding in the general direction of Califa and Warren, not making eye contact with them. El Califa ignores him and stares on at the Altar, but Warren looks over concernedly at Drake, then back to her partner. TSA still look like they’re lusting for blood, but decide to keep it for next week.

Connor: Well there you go, everyone! A huge six-man tag match set for next week!

Cohen: He’s only been here for less than a week, but I think it’s fair to say Mr. Banks is a wrestling genius…

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Leon Kensworth is seen in the backstage area, prepping for an interview, when Stacy Madison walks into view of the camera.

Madison: Excuse me Leon, but I'm taking this interview. We are on our European tour, and this is my change to become an international star.

Kensworth: I'm not so sure that is the best idea Stacy, the next interview is a special...

Stacy shoves Leon out of the shot.

Whatever Leon, don't you have to be home before the streetlights are on anyway?

Stacy turns and faces the camera.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm joined now by a very special guest, the reigning WZCW Elite X Champion, S.H.I.T. wait, I have to interview the robot? Leon! Come back!

As Stacy screams in vain, The cardboard crusader steps into the shot, the Elite X title hanging off his shoulder.

S.H.I.T. S.H.I.T. would like to thank Stacy Madison for the interview. S.H.I.T. would like to request that Stacy Madison comes back to the locker room with S.H.I.T. after his match.

As he reaches out to Stacy, she screams and runs off as the cameraman quickly cuts off his feed.

Anderson: The following contest is scheduled for one fall and it is for the Elite X Championship!

Anderson: Introducing the challenger, from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, weighing 152 pounds, Isabel Stone!

Izzy callously walks to the ring with a sneer in her face where she waits for her opponent.

Connor: Izzy beat out a lot of other men to get here. Can she dethrone the champ?

Anderson: And her opponent, the Elite X Champion, from Mechanical Mecca, weighing 230 pounds, S.H.I.T.!

SHIT walks out to the ring with the belt on his robotic shoulder as the crowd cheers him on loudly.

Cohen: This is title defense number two for the 'bot. I didn't even think he'd get past Matt Tastic.

Senior official Jun Akiyama starts the match.

* Ding Ding Ding *

Izzy comes in with hard punches off the get go catching the champion off guard. She shifts to elbow shots when she pushes SHIT to a corner. After a few she goes for hard chest chops. They give off a loud clanking which after a while, Izzy herself feels forcing her to back off. SHIT recovers though and before Izzy can fight back, he hits a series of Clotheslines. Each harder hitting than the last. He signals for a Piston Chop by showing off his right hand, but Izzy rolls out of the ring.

Cohen: Yeah, get out and catch your breath. It's fair. That thing doesn't have lungs. You do.

Connor: What?

Referee Jun Akiyama begins to count.

1!

2!

As Izzy walks, SHIT bides his own time in the ring, but a peculiar sight catches the two competitor. A sign reading “I WAS SCREWD, SHIT SMELLS” stands out right in the front row. Izzy looks at the person and it's none other than Matt Tastic. She just shrugs and dismisses him before getting back in the ring.

Connor: What's that basket case doing here?

Cohen: Can't you read? He says he was screwed.

Izzy gets back in, and SHIT attempts his Piston Chop, but misses. Izzy runs and hits a Bettle Crawl to knock the Champ down. She covers quickly.

One!......

Two!............

Thr--

But SHIT kicks out at two. Izzy quickly runs to the turnbuckle and springboards off for a Crossbody cover.

One!....

Two!............

Thr-

It only gets two as well. The girl begins to get frustrated and Irish Whips SHIT. She tries a running headbutt to SHIT's mechanical torso, but he leaps over. Izzy stops and holds onto the ropes as SHIT continues running. Izzy pulls them down sending SHIT to the outside.

Cohen: Don't do that! You can't win with a count out.

Connor: Maybe she's got something else in—Hey, what the heck is he doing?

SHIT falls and as he does, Matt Tastic can be seen flailing his sign at SHIT and screaming at him. SHIT gets back up as Izzy yells wondering whats going on. The two stare at each other and Matt throws water in the robot's face. SHIT though, retaliates with a Piston Chop to knock the persistent man out.

Connor: It seems all Matt does these days is fall flat on his behind.

Cohen: This guy is an unsung legend. He deserves more respect than this.

Izzy argues to not be disqualified to Jun Akiyama who seems to appeal to her case. She runs out to get to SHIT and hits him from behind to throw him back in the ring. She once again hammers away on him to drive him to a corner and Izzy backs off rather than chop him. She heads to the opposite end and signals before doing a Cartwheel. She's about to punch SHIT in the face, but walks right into a Piston Chop instead!! Knocking her down cold!

Connor: Oh, in mid-flight!

Cohen:She could have a busted nose!

SHIT covers....

One!

Two!

Three!!

And gets the pin.

Anderson: Here is your winner, at 2 successful title defenses, SHIT!!

SHIT gets his arm raised as Izzy is checked on by another ref. She brushes her off though and Matt isnd seen in the background crawling out of the ground and falling over the railing.

Connor: The “Unstoppable” SHIT. How does that sound?

Cohen: I gotta admit. It seems to fit.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The camera cuts to a darkened room somewhere backstage. Three shadowy figures can be seen, with the distinct voice of Grand Mystique yelling.

Mystique: The two of you have been struggling, holding us back! We have a message to bring to this world, and the two of you don't seem committed to the cause! It may be high time I dispose of the two of you.

One of the two figures stands. There is enough light shining as he stands to reveal it to be Mason Westhoff. He simply shoves past Mystique and walks out of view of the camera.

Connor: Could we be witnessing the breakdown of The Sacrificial Altar?

Cohen: Tensions certainly running high as cracks are finally starting to appear in the once seemingly invulnerable armor.

Becky Serra appears on screen with a microphone in hand.

Serra: Ladies and gentlemen, here with me now, Isabel Stone.

The crowd boos heavily as the camera pans out to reveal Stone standing next to Becky, looking equal parts in pain and angry.

Serra: Izzy, do you have anything to say regarding your loss in the Elite X Championship match earlier tonight?

Stone shoots a glare at Becky and winces, holding her neck. She sighs and leans into the mic.

Stone: I don't know, Becky, do you have anything to say regarding your terrible out...I mean, your hair...or...

Stone just sighs again as Becky raises an eyebrow.

Stone: Whatever. I don't feel like it tonight, okay? Maybe I'm getting tired of doing the same thing over and over and getting the same results. That's it. Now get out of my face.

Stone storms off and Becky looks after her, looking ever more confused as the scene fades out.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The camera cuts backstage to Sandy Deserts who is walking just a few steps ahead of Steven Kurtesy. They stop and knock on a locker room door. The large imposing figure of Mikey Stormrage opens the door.

Sandy: Hi Mikey. Steven knows that you have a match with him tonight, but he wanted me to let you know that he is willing to help you through some of these problems that you have been having. He did a lot of great work with me, and I'm sure he can help you get over these feelings of...

Without a word, Stormrage slams the door shut in the face of Sandy.

Cohen: Doesn't look like the big man is in any mood to talk. If Sandy is an example of Kurtesy's work, I can't say I blame him.

Connor: Maybe he can work out some of his problems in the ring. Kurtesy versus Stormrage right after the break.

*Commercial break*
[YOUTUBE]MNxh7umVOZ0[/YOUTUBE]​

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Harrys: The following contest is set for one fall!

[YOUTUBE]v_vIsOfacgA[/YOUTUBE]​

The masked Stormrage slowly makes his way into the arena. He looks away from the audience, as if to hide himself.

Harrys: Introducing first, from Indianapolis, Indiana, weighing 315 pounds, Mikey Stormrage!

Stormrage starts down the ramp with his head hung, but not for a lack of confidence. Apart from his draped head, the three-hundred-plus pounder carries himself like the beast he is.

Connor: Mikey Stormrage has had one of the most startling falls from grace after his team’s loss to The Sacrificial Altar at Kingdom Come. He’s been increasingly enigmatic, and even his allegiance to James Howard is in question.

Cohen: Obviously he severed that relationship, James Howard is now his number one biggest enemy! Howard may have won the Eurasian Championship at Redemption, but Stormrage is clearly not over that loss.

Stormrage climbs into the ring and immediately goes to a far corner where he kneels down and buries his head into the middle turnbuckle cover.

[YOUTUBE]Niz42qlPDcA[/YOUTUBE]​

The crowd roars for the Ascension return of the former WZCW World Champion, and Kurtesy is happy to be back. He spreads his arms wide open to embrace the crowd, and this only makes the audience cheer louder.

Harrys: And the challenger, from Sydney Australia, weighing 226 pounds, "The Professor" Steven Kurtesy!

Kurtesy walks down the ramp, shaking hands with fans as he slowly makes his way towards the ring.

Cohen: This guy was moments away from being finished by Dr. Zeus on Redemption, and quite frankly, I was hoping he would be. That would end this ridiculous return attempt of his.

Connor: Well the fans seem to disagree with you, Jack. Listen to this response Kurtesy is getting!

Kurtesy slides into the ring and climbs up the nearby turnbuckle where he starts bowing to the fans with his hands clasped together. He drops to the mat and faces his opponent.

The ref sees both men ready to fight and calls for the bell.

Kurtesy and Stormrage meet in the middle of the ring and enter a collar and elbow tie-up, but Stormrage quickly overpowers Kurtesy, backing him up towards the corner, but Kurtesey quickly changes his fortune when he falls backwards and plants his feet in Stormrage’s gut, flipping him over with a monkey flip. Stormrage lands flat on his back, but Kurtesy pops up and addresses the crowd, who is roaring in excitement.

Connor: It looks like Kurtesy hasn’t lost a step!

Stormrage climbs back to his feet and again meets Kurtesy in the center of the ring, but this time Mikey throws a southpaw strike that catches Kurtesy in the jaw and spins the doctor around. Stormrage adds to the combo with a club to the back that knocks Kurtesy to the mat, and then drops an elbow into Kurtesy’s ribs. Stormrage rolls Kurtesy over and pins him.

ONE!

Kick out!

Kurtesy rolls his shoulder up and scrambles to his feet. Stormrage is hot on his trail, and wraps Kurtesy up in a rear waistlock and slams Kurtesy into the mat, but Kurtesy is able to get back to his feet, albeit with Stormrage’s arms clasped around his waist. Stormrage attempts to slam Kurtesy again, but Steven throws his waist forward and rolls Stormrage over his back and slams him to the ground. Kurtesy runs at the ropes and rebounds towards a now upright Stormrage, and Kurtesy takes Stormrage to the mat with a headscissors takedown. Kurtesy dives on Stormrage for the pin.

ONE!

Kick out!

Stormrage powers out of the pin and gets to a knee, but Kurtesy gets up quicker and nails Stormrage in the face with a Yakuza kick! Both bodies crash to the mat, but Kurtesy falls onto Stormrage for the pin.

ONE!

TWO!

Kick out!

Stormrage throws the doctor off his body and rolls out of the ring to collect himself. He limps over to the security barrier and place his hand on it so he can catch his breath. Back in the ring, Kurtesy ascends a turnbuckle, and he’s clearly looking for something big. He measures the distance before he jumps and flies forearm first towards Stormrage.

Connor: Stormrage ducks the attack and Kurtesy has crashed to the floor!

Cohen: This is why Kurtesy should step away from the ring, Connor! He still thinks he’s in his prime, but clearly he’s lost a step!

Stormrage grabs Kurtesy by the back of the neck and tosses him into the ring. Kurtesy staggers to his feet by the time Mikey has slid back into the ring, but the doctor is too dazed to defend himself from the incoming attack. Stormrage manhandles Kurtesy and drops him with a pumphandle slam! Kurtesy bounces off of the mat, but Stormrage isn’t done. He rebounds off the nearby ropes and leaps into the air, flattening Kurtesy with a seated senton! He lays on Kurtesy for the pin.

ONE!

TWO!

KICKOUT!

Kurtesy gets his shoulder up and rolls over to his stomach. He tries to crawl away from Stormrage, but Mikey grabs him by the shoulders and pulls the doctor back to his feet. Stormrage whips Kurtesy into the corner where the doctor crashes hard into the turnbuckles and collapses into the corner. Stormrage deliberately walks over to the opposite corner and sets his sights on Kurtesy. He stomps his foot a few times before he charges straight at his opponent at full speed. He shows no sign of slowing down as he closes in on Kurtesy, but this act of brashness costs the masked man when Kurtesy sidesteps the attack and Stormrage crashes into the turnbuckle at full impact. Stormrage clutches his chest as he rebounds off of the turnbuckles, but Kurtesy catches Stormrage with a Snapmare Driver.

Connor: Prescribed Sedation!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

Kurtesy staggers to his feet and clutches his ribs, but clearly happy to have his arm raised by the ref.

Harrys: The winner of this match… Steven Kurtesy!

Stormrage rolls onto his stomach and pounds the ground once with his fist, shaking the entire ring. Kurtesy pays no attention to his opponent’s fit, and makes his way to the corner to ascend the turnbuckle and pose for the audience.

Connor: It looks like Kurtesy hasn’t lost as many steps as you think, Jack. He had Stormrage’s corner avalanche well scouted and converted Mikey’s mistake into a victory!

Cohen: Stormrage took his eye off the prize, clearly his distracted by his drama with James Howard.

Connor: Either way, this has to be a nice moment for Kurtesy.

The audience continues to applaud Kurtesy’s performance as he makes his way up the ramp.

The arena lights strobe black and yellow as James Howard makes his way onto the stage with the Eurasian Championship slung over his shoulder. He raises it in the air to a huge pop as he makes his way down the ramp at a jog. As he reaches the ring he hops up onto the apron and bounces over the ropes before hopping to a turnbuckle and lifting the title high in the air, slapping it with his palm.

Copeland: Howard is looking great after his win at Redemption Jack, it seems to have really given him a shot in the arm.

Cohen: Well, rolling up your so-called best friend will do that for a guy.

Howard: You know, I never thought when I joined this company I’d be where I am today. I thought I’d have been fired by now for losing my temper in front of the wrong guy but here I stand. One half of one of the greatest tag teams to ever step into this ring and now I’m the Eurasian Champion.

Howard pauses for a minute as he collects his thoughts

Howard: But I wouldn’t be here without my buddy. Mikey, a lot of stuff has happened in the past two years. I need to talk about what happened at Redemption.

The screen cuts to a series of still images of Howard blindsiding Stormrage and scoring the pin.

Howard: I regret winning that way and I want to put it right. I need to prove to myself, the fans and to you that I didn’t just win opportunistically. I want to give you a fair shot at this championship at Apocalypse. Your stipulation, your rules. Whenever you’re ready to respond Mikey you know where I’ll be.

Howard pauses and looks at the screen but there is silence.

Copeland: You know Jack, you’ve got to feel for Howard. Here’s a man that came back from a broken neck and then lost a huge match at Kingdom Come only to then win his first singles title by taking advantage of a mistake someone else made.

Cohen: You know Sebastian you’re right. I do feel something. Sick.

Copeland: Well, regardless of your opinion we’re about to see Howard in action against a rampaging Vega, next on Ascension!

*commercial break*
[YOUTUBE]Q-h4ulFK2Ek[/YOUTUBE]​

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anderson: The following contest is scheduled for one fall! Already in the ring, from Leeds, England, weighing 223 pounds, he is the WZCW EurAsian Champion, James Howard!

[YOUTUBE]hhnZkNj7kAo[/YOUTUBE]​

And his opponent, being accompanied to the ring by Alexis, from Las Vegas, Nevada, weighing in at 185lbs, he is the WZCW Mayhem Champion, Vega!

Vega's theme music begins to play and the lights in the arena slowly begin to dim out. Spotlights begin randomly shining down and moving around the arena, before two white beams shine down on the same spot on the entrance stage. an opening slowly appears on the entrance stage right where the two beams of light meet. A couple of seconds later, white pyro rains from the top of the tron and gently falls down like a water fall. Finally, Vega slowly begins to rise up from the opening in the entrance stage standing on a platform, devilishly smiling, cascaded by the falling sparks around him. Alexis walks through the raining pyro and onto the entrance stage. Together, the two slowly saunter on down to the ring as Vega simply smiles at the seething fans that jeer him. Vega slides into the ring as Alexis calmly takes the stairs. Vega waits for Alexis to enter the ring to rise to his feet. They stand together as the spotlights shine down on them once again forming a white "V," this time in the center of the ring.

Connor: Quite the elaborate entrance. Maybe a little much for my taste.

Cohen: Don't you think he deserves it. He is on one of the best rolls in recent memory and is coming off a huge win over Titus at Redemption. I for one praise the man who will retire the Mayhem Championship.

The ref calls for the bell and the two champions begin to feel each other out. Both men showcase their martial arts backgrounds as they stay on the outside and feint attacks, but neither man bites. As Howard nears the side of the ring with Alexis, he turns his attention to her, wary of her reputation. He takes his eyes off his opponent too long however, as Vega uses the opportunity to leap in and unleash a barrage of quick punches. Before he is able to inflict much damage, Howard is backed into the ropes, prompting the ref to call for a break. During the break, Vega sneaks in a shot behind the ear that stuns Howard, unseen by the referee. As Howard is on queer street from the shot, Vega loads up a big head kick. He fires it off just as Howard regains his wits. The EurAsian champ ducks, causing Vega to hang his leg on the top rope. Before Howard is able to capitalize however, the ref jumps in and forces Howard back. With an assist from Alexis, Vega regains his footing and the two men are back to square one. The two men tie up after further circling, with the larger Howard gaining the upper hand. He works to secure a headlock, before a big right hand to the head staggers Vega. He follows it up with a dropkick and scrambles into a quick cover...
One!
Quick kick out by Vega. Before Vega is able to get to his feet, Howard is able to latch onto an arm, wrenching on it.

Connor: Some very quick back and forth thus far.

Cohen: As to be expected Cat, two up and coming champions. This could end up stealing the show.

Vega has managed to use his athleticism to get back to his feet, though Howard still has control over the arm. Vega rolls out, breaking the hold and is able to leap over an attempted leg sweep from Howard. As Howard gets back to his feet he rolls to avoid a stiff kick from Vega. When both men finally get back to solid footing, Vega feigns a kick and then connects with a superman punch that catches Howard flush. He follows it up with a hip toss, again showcasing his martial arts background. He manages to hook a leg and the ref slides into position...
One!
Two!
Howard kicks out. As Howard scrambles to get to his feet, he attempts a wrestling style takedown, but Vega is keen to it and sprawls, forcing Howard into a turtle position. Vega quickly takes the back of Howard, who fights back, not allowing Vega to turn it into a full body lock. Vega sinks his arm under the neck of Howard, securing a rear naked choke.

Connor: Jack, do you fancy yourself a fan of MMA?

Cohen: I admire their toughness, and many of them make great pro wrestlers, as evidenced by our EurAsian champ.

Connor: Well it looks like our EurAsian champ is in some trouble.

Howard is able to stand, carrying Vega on his back. Without getting his legs wrapped around for the body triangle, Vega is unable to choke the life out as quickly as he would like. Howard back Vega into a corner and slams him hard on the turnbuckle. Vega keeps his grip, but Howard keeps backing Vega hard into the corner, until he finally releases the hold. Howard drops to a knee, gasping for air as Vega is slumped in the corner. Howard gets to his feet and grabs hold of Vega, Irish whipping him into the opposite corner. Howard takes a running start after him and hits a devastating knee to the head. As Howard stays on the turnbuckle, he nods, signaling the upcoming bulldog. As he nods, Alexis jumps onto the apron, getting the attention of the ref. As she argues with the ref, Howard turns his attention to her and hops off the turnbuckle. With both the ref and Howard having their backs turned, Vega low blows Howard, and rolls him up. Alexis jumps off the apron and prompts the ref to turn around. As he slides into position Vega grabs a handful of Howard's tights...
One!
Two!
Three! And Howard kicks out just after the three count.

Anderson: Here is your winner, Vega!

Vega celebrates his victory in the centre of the ring to cacophonous boos from the audience. The boos are so loud in fact that the sirens of two cars from Interpol cannot be heard until they are literally by the entrance ramp.

Cohen: Don’t just stand there Vega, RUN!

The officers make their way down the ramp with guns drawn and pointed at the master criminal and his partner. Alexis screams as Vega starts to run but more police are climbing the barricades all around the ring and blocking his exit.

Copeland: Looks like Vega’s past has finally caught up to him.

Resigned to his fate Vega kneels in the ring with his hands behind his head. When the officers get close he gets clever and begins to scuffle with the officers but with a liberal application of a Taser his resistance ends quickly. His hands cuffed behind his back the officers place him on his knees as they recite his rights to him in German and then again in English. They stand him and attach extended cuffs to his wrists and ankles, binding him tightly.

Cohen: So much for Vega. I liked that guy.

Cohen: Oh what fresh hell is this?

Copeland: Its… It’s Red Mask!

Cohen: What did you do Vega?

Red Mask soaks in the adoration of the crowd and the police in the ring, he quickly makes his way down to the ramp and into the ring. The cameras get in close and you can barely hear him speak.

Red Mask: I’ll take it from here, loosen his cuffs and keep the girl. I want him to be able to fight back.

The police comply with the request as Red Mask stands next to Vega, waiting for Vega to be free before launching a merciless attack. Blow after blow lands to the head and torso of the criminal as Red Mask unleashes all of his anger. He goes to the side of the ring and grabs the Mayhem Championship before smashing it into the skull of Vega and sending him, finally, to the mat. Mask leans in and his voice echoes over the PA.

Copeland: I cannot believe what I am seeing Cohen, Red Mask is beating Vega to a pulp.

Cohen: I know, how can those cops just stand by and let this happen?

Red Mask: Red Mask vs Vega at One Night Stand sounds pretty good right now doesn’t it.

Vega sputters after the beating he’s taken but smiles.

Vega: I’ll kill you.

Red Mask: Didn’t anybody tell you Vega? Real heroes never die.

The screen freezes as the WZCW logo appears in the corner, the screen fades to black and in plain white text a message appears:

DEDICATED TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE GIVEN THEIR LIVES IN SERVICE TO THEIR COUNTRY.

REAL HEROES NEVER DIE.

Credits

Harthan: Segments, being a neck beard
Yaz: Vega/Howard, segments, eating all the food
JGlass: Stormrage/Kurtesy, looking funny
Killjoy: S.H.I.T./Izzy, having zero personality
Blade: Callahan/TSA, smelling like poop
Shotaro: Segments, being old

This was Ascension, hope you enjoyed it. Look for Aftershock tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back