Ascension 133: Vega vs Xander - Gold Rush Tournament

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
Deadline is Wednesday, November, 21st, 11:59PM PST

Two longtime WZCW's stalwarts will square off with a spot in the Gold Rush final on the line. Vega and Xander have both been close to the elusive World Title, but neither have been able to grasp it. While both have solid WZCW careers, a win here would vault them into one of the biggest matches of their careers. Will recently turned good guy Vega stake his claim at the Gold Rush final, or will the newly christened Xander add another notch to his belt with another big win?

"Solo miramos, y sonreímos. (We just watch, and smile.)" -Enrique

(30 Hours After Ascension 132)

¿No te vi derrotando el Sueco grande la otra noche en Nueva York?
(Didn't I see you defeating the big Swede just the other night in New York?)

Sí, ese era yo. Tomé un ojo rojo durante la noche inmediatamente después del show, luego manejé casi 20 horas desde San Diego. Y ahora estoy en una jungla mexicana contigo.
(Yeah, that was me. I took a red eye overnight immediately after the show, then I drove almost 20 hours from San Diego. And now I'm in a Mexican jungle with you.)

Americanos son todos iguales. Ven un par de árboles y creen que estan en una jungla.
(You Americans are all the same. See a couple of trees and you think you're in a jungle.)

We find Vega in Culiacán, Mexico effortlessly traversing through a labyrinth of leaves and twisted tree trunks, even with a large hiking backpack strapped to him. Considerably behind him is a local Mexican man struggling to keep up.

Oye, espérame. ¡Ni sabes a dónde vas!
(Hey, wait for me.
You don't even know where you're going!)

Vega hears the local call out to him as he casually walks a large tree branch lowly growing sideways near to the ground to avoid a deep brush of grass and leaves underneath. He stops in his tracks and turns around without having to alter his center of gravity to regain his balance, never having lost it in the first place. Vega looks back towards the local while pointing out just ahead.

Dijiste que vive por aqui, ¿verdad?
(You said he lives this way, right?)

Vega's balancing act allows the local man time to catch up. Instead of following Vega onto the narrow branch, he chooses to cautiously take the long way around the deep brush while he replies.

No dije que viviera allí, pero para él, es su hogar.
(I didn't say he lived there, but to him, it's home.)

Vega stands on the branch, watching the local man slowly make his way around with a confused look on his face. He wipes some sweat off of his forehead before continuing forward. Vega hops off of the branch landing just a couple of feet behind the local Mexican. They continue making their way through the trees, this time with Vega allowing his guide to take the lead.

Cuando el se retiro el regresso y abrió una escuela du lucha por aqui mismo.
(When he retired, he returned and opened a wrestling school right around here.)

¿Una escuela?

(A school?)

Si, pero el casi nunca instruye a los estudiantes. El a contratado algunos jornaleros por eso.
(Yes, but he never instructs the students himself. He hired some journeymen for that.)

¿Entonces porque abrio la escula?
(So why did he open the school?)

No estoy seguro. Algunas noches puedes oirlo. La gente se reúne en estos árboles para ver lo desde las sombras, sin querer molestarlo. Vuela solo... nadie sabe realmente por qué. Nadie pregunta. Solo miramos, y sonreímos.
(I'm not sure. Some nights you can hear him. People gather in these trees to watch him from the shadows, not wanting to disturb him. He flies around by himself... nobody really knows why. Nobody asks. We just watch, and smile.)

They reach a peak where the trees end and the terrain suddenly slants at a drastic angle. It provides the perfect place for them to stand and oversee what Vega traveled all this distance for. There, bathed in the blood orange hue of the setting sun, is a weathered ring constructed outdoors in the open. The canvas has rips on it, some stitched up, others left unattended to. There are no mats, just a dirt floor surrounding the ring with a couple of rows of downtrodden benches surrounding it on every side. The tape on the frayed ropes have long come undone, and the metal posts have started to rust. Still, the sight brings a smile to Vega's face.

Lo extraño.
(He missed it.)

Vega continues to look at the broken down makeshift facility with reverence as he finishes his thought.

¿Cómo podría alguien no extrañar esto?

(How could someone not miss this?)

The local notices the way Vega is looking at the facility. He's never seen anybody look at that wrestling ring the way Vega is looking at it right now. This journey has a meaning behind it, one this local realizes he wouldn't be able to comprehend. Instead, he stands there silently next to Vega, enjoying the sight. Just then, the local's eyes widen.

¡Mira!
(Look!)

He points passed the ring to a small shadowy figure in the distance. Vega sees this and doesn't seem the least surprised. Instead, his smile grows even wider.

Justo a tiempo.
(Right on time.)

The local looks towards Vega with a confused look on his face, only now realizing that he wasn't simply guiding the superstar to a facility... he was guiding him to a planned meeting. The man contains his excitement at the notion while Vega pulls a fistful of American cash from his pocket. He hands it to the local with a handshake.

Gracias, Enrique. Estoy bien desde aquí.
(Thanks, Enrique. I'm fine from here.)

Before the local can offer a reply, Vega hops off the peak and swiftly scales down the steep hill riddled with stones and branches. Gracefully, he makes it all the way down and quickly makes his way towards the ring. The sun has almost completely set at this point, sitting on the water of this coastal Mexican city. The blood orange light is quickly turning to black of night as Vega takes his backpack off and slides into the ring.

He stands in the center, looking out towards the shadowy figure in the distance. Slowly, this figure begins making his way towards the ring. Instead of sliding, he runs the last couple of steps and launches himself into the air cleanly over the ropes and seamlessly somersaulting into the ring with incredible fluidity. The two of them stand face to face as the sun finally sets, sinking away into the ocean. The local looks on as shadows fall over both figures in the ring. A smile comes across his face, knowing there is only one man that can fly like that.

El Dragón vive.
(The Dragon lives.)

---------------------------------------------

(Present Day)

We are greeted by a sight WZCW fans have not seen for a long time. There in the center of this moonlit ring is El Califa Dragón donning one of his unmistakably beautifully ornate masks and matching ring gear. He is on the canvas with Vega, also in his ring gear, and has hims securely in his grasps. Dragón has a cobra clutch cinched in, and begins arching backwards until he bridges perfectly, executing one of his trademark finishers, The Dragon Clutch.

Aarghh!

Vega yells in agony, but doesn't panic. He regains his composure and slowly maneuvers his lower body around to relieve some of the pressure from the bridge. He is able to twist his body out so that Califa is only locking in a traditional cobra clutch on the ground now. Vega lifts his legs up somehow rolls over getting Dragón in an armbar position. Califa recognizes that Vega now has the leverage advantage and can brake his clutch so he immediately releases the hold but locks his hands together to block the armbar. He attempts to get to his feet, but Vega uses Dragón's attempt to stand to sneak his legs around his head and transition into a triangle choke. Before he can lock up the hold, Dragón slips his head out and rolls backwards onto his feet just as Vega nips up onto his. The two men breath heavily as they stand there under the moon, sweating profusely. Even though he wears a mask, a smile clearly appears across the face of El Califa Dragón. A smile comes across Vega's face as well, as the two enter a less defensive stance and relax themselves.

Very impressive. That's the first time you were able to escape my Dragon Clutch since you've gotten here.

Guess I got tired of tapping.

There is no shame in tapping, as long as you learn from it.

Well, you know what they say about "foolin' me twice..."

Indeed. Not to worry, Vega. You're no fool.

Vega chuckles to himself briefly as he wipes the sweat off of his face.

Thanks again for doing this.

Your gratitude is appreciated, but not necessary. A friend of Ty's is a friend of mine. When he called me and asked if I would work with you, I knew he saw something special in you. He has never asked this of me before.

Trust me, I'm not taking this for granted. But I hope you don't think this makes me your protégé.

Califa laughs at the notion.

I hardly consider you my protégé. I'm just expanding your arsenal a bit with this training.

Good. As long as you understand I'm not changing my name to El Califa Vega, we'll be just fine.

Duly noted.

Speaking of expanding my arsenal, why haven't you shown me any of your lucha based tactics yet? I'm a little surprised to be training with El Califa Dragón in Culiacán, Mexico and not have learned any lucha libre maneuvers. I've always found the style to be quite beautiful.

I simply wanted to instill a ground based technique before introducing you to the flying arts. Although I agree with you about lucha being beautiful, it must be used wisely. Beauty often seduces us on the road to truth.

Vega looks off to the side, contemplating words spoken to him almost 2 weeks ago.

Xander had something similar to tell me backstage at Meltdown. Xander and I, we've been around this company for a while. We've both spent some time away at different points in our career and for different reasons, and have returned to the business with a renewed outlook on life. Somehow, through it all... we've always managed to be polar opposites of each other. When I was reigning supreme over the Mayhem division and gleefully boasting about my willingness to embrace the darkness, he was turning heads and defending titles while mesmerizing the crowds as Triple X. But now? Now Xander is the one with the right to claim the title of "Most Evil in the Company." The last thing he cares about are the fans. All he cares about is winning.

And what about you, Vega? What do you care about now?

Vega looks around him towards the empty worn down benches surrounding the weathered ring they stand in as if he were searching them for answers.

I used to be like that. I used to not care. About fans. About victims. About my actions. None of it mattered. Only results.

But not anymore.

Vega shakes his head.

I can't go on living my life that way. That isn't the best version of myself. It can't be. Xander may think that this newfound love affair with darkness is his ticket to success. If there is anybody that knows what it's like to be seduced by the darkness, it's me.

Vega looks around at the shadows cast around him by this night sky as he slowly saunters around the squared circle.

That's the thing about the darkness, it's allure... when it seduces you, it doesn't simply attract you. It ambushes you. It entraps you. It ties a noose around your neck and dares you to walk off the edge. And foolishly, you fasten this noose around your neck because you'll use any means necessary to pull yourself to the top... even if it chokes away every single last breath you have left inside of you to do it. The darkness doesn't let go when you stop breathing, either. That's just when it's fully taken over. Xander has no idea how precious these breaths he is taking right now are. They're the last ones he has left with any semblance of hope.

Vega holds onto the ropes as he remembers what it was like to be lost in the darkness. Califa sees him struggling, and speaks up to bring him back to the present moment.

I remember the man you used to be. You were a destructive, malicious person with zero disregard for human life. And I remember the man Triple X used to be. A brave heart who willingly placed his own well being on the line for those watching in the stands and at home around the world. My, how times have changed.

We're living in strange times.

That we are. Someone once said "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction." Xander speaking down to you backstage at Meltdown? It was simply the tirade of an intelligent fool lost in this darkness you're all too familiar with. Don't let his words bother you. There is nothing wrong with bringing joy to people around the world while you perform at your very best. Finding a way to accomplish both without resorting to the tactics that Xander has been using lately takes more courage and skill than he can comprehend.

Vega looks out towards the empty benches just a bit more before turning back towards Califa.

Were these ever filled at some point?

They used to be.

But now?

Now, I pay a couple veterans to train people whenever they can. But I just like being in the ring, even if there aren't any crowds. Bouncing off the ropes, flying through the air... there is truly nothing like it.

Why at night? Why don't you come out during the day? Do you like being left alone?

Califa shakes his head.

No, it isn't that.

He looks up towards the moon.

I suppose, I just enjoy remembering that there is always light within the darkness.

Vega looks off in the distance, passed Dragón.

There are crowds.

What do you mean?

Vega slowly makes his way towards Califa and the center of the ring while looking passed him, and towards the peak he came from.

The local that guided me from town to this facility... he told me the locals gather in the trees at night whenever they hear you in the ring. They figure you don't want to be bothered, so they sit there in the shadows under the trees.. just to watch you fly. They just watch, and smile.

Dragón looks over his shoulder towards the peak, unable to see anything through all the trees, but trusting what Vega says nonetheless.

If that's the case... I think it's time we move on in your training.

How so?

El Califa Dragón turns back towards Vega and smiles.

Final lesson; we have a crowd... let's put on a show.

Vega smiles. The two men slap hands out of respect and then begin to circle around, sizing each other up. Just as El Califa Dragón and Vega enter into a collar and elbow tie up, we cut away from the ring and back to the trees we first started in. There, in the shadows of the so-called jungle, are gathered dozens and dozens of locals of all ages to witness these two in the ring. The moonlight reflects off of all of their faces, clearly showing smiles on each and every one of them as the sounds of an exciting showdown fill the crisp night air, and our scene comes to an end.

Last edited:
April 5th, 2014
The interviewer, a pre-general manager Becky Serra, takes her seat, and not far behind her is a slightly younger yet still very jaded Triple X. His hair was a deep red and black, his lip was still adorned with a piercing, and his clothes were grungy and tattered. He sits down with a WZCW logo behind him and Becky, uneasy being the person to interview someone she used to have a high amount of respect for, goes through the motions in asking X the questions you’d normally expect.

‘Ladies and gentlemen, I am joined here at this time with the new number one contender to the WZCW World Championship, Triple X. Two nights ago you pinned S.H.I.T. to become number one contender for the WZCW World Championship. A lot of people are saying this is your time, but others are saying you got lucky reaching this spot. How do you feel knowing you’re heading towards Ricky Runn’s Championship?’

‘Luck is for losers. Look, I beat my opponents, I move on and I beat the next one. If they happen to be someone the crowd likes, then even better. But I do not care what people think; I will go on and become the Champion. No-one can stop me.’

‘In your eyes do you think you should already be World Champion?’

‘In anyones eyes who has a lick of sense, I absolutely should be holding that Championship. Runn got lucky that I’d already fought that night at Unscripted, and if it weren’t for my Superkick he wouldn’t have pinned Vega. So yeah, I should be Champion, and had I not been through a war with Blade earlier in the night I would have been champion.’

‘And what happens if you don’t win the Championship?’

‘The second I start thinking like that, the second I lose. I did that before when I lost both the Elite X and Eurasian Championships, and when I’ve had past title opportunities too. So nice try, Serra but don’t go about putting things like that in my head.’

Becky cleared her throat and looked down to her notes and X sat there, clearly agitated by having to be in the interview.

‘Lets…change the subject. Obviously when you debuted you made waves here very quickly. You rose up the ranks and quickly won the Elite X Championship. Looking at the roster now, is there anyone you can see who you think could become the next big thing?’

‘Like I care who the next big thing is? I’m going to be champion and that’s all you should be caring about.’

‘Yes, but it would be interesting to think of who might be your challenger, right?’

X sat there, still irritated by the question but with his ego goaded enough to foresee a future with him fending off challengers for his title, he entertained the thought.

‘Well, someone I’ve already mentioned. Vega. Vega has many tools needed to go on to great things. Hell, he was already in a World Title match at Unscripted alongside myself, so I literally know just how good he is. And unlike many young wrestlers coming up, he isn’t afraid to be ruthless. Hell, the man was the final Mayhem Champion. And it’s that ruthless desire to do whatever it takes that makes him dangerous. And I respect him for doing things that won’t get him liked. He knows that he wants to be. And if he stays true to himself and carries that through, he’ll be a legend.’

‘Triple X, thank you for your time.’

X smirks, before ripping off the mic that had been set up on him and dropping it to the floor, leaving Serra to shake her head in disgust.

November 9th, 2018
Meltdown 155
Madison Square Garden, New York City

The fans were on their feet.

For the first time in what was sure to be a hell of a long time, Xander looked out to the crowd who, for whatever reason, were applauding him in earnest. His opponent, Eve Taylor, lay on the canvas motionless; Xanders third such World Champion-calibre victim in a row.

And the fans were cheering him.

They…they’re cheering me?

Xander looked around as the official kept his hand raised. He too seemed perplexed, unsure of what to do.

They wanna cheer me now? After everything? After everything I’ve said…everything I’ve done?

Xander ripped his hand away from the official.

But do they really mean it?

Xander slowly raised his hands, both middle fingers raised, as the admiration form the fans soon transformed back to the regularly scheduled booing.

Fuck you all and your hypocrisy. You don’t get to make that decision.

He stood there for a moment , taking in the regular sound of apathy from the paying public, before leaving the ring and walking back up the ramp without looking back at either the crowd, or even his opponent. He entered the backstage area and walked directly to his dressing room. He opened the door and sat on the bench, as Andrey pulled himself away from his newspaper and made his way over to his client.

‘My friend, that was a hell of a performance.’

‘Thanks.’

‘The crowd were a little…well they certainly didn’t behave as we’ve come to expect, no?’

‘I don’t really give a fuck what they do.’ Xander said, before taking a sip form a nearby bottle of water.

‘No, I know. I know…’ Andrey walked over to Xander’s bag and grabbed a towel out, passing it over. ‘But still; the crowd chanting your name. Even down to the hatred of your opponent rather than the love of you. It has to fill you with…something. Surely?’

Xander grabbed the towel and wiped his face, before staring blankly down into the ground.

‘Yeah. It fills me with rage.’

‘Surely is this not a sign of the people coming to appreciate the talents you present to them? The start of their appreciation returning to you?’

‘Is that what you think I want? Their appreciation?’

‘All great stars of any sport could point to the roar of the crowd giving them that last burst of adrenaline that gets them over the line. Maybe instead of hearing boos that push you to move on in spite of the people, the people could use their voices to help push you further.’

‘Andrey you know that’s not going to happen.’

‘I just-‘

‘No, you know what? I get what youre saying Andrey, and in principal youre correct. But they weren’t cheering me tonight; they were simply not cheering Eve Taylor. And I’ve been down that road before and their cheers pushed me to taking weeks, if not months, off of my life for their entertainment.’

‘I know, Xander, I was just musing the point.’

‘No, I get that.’ Xander stood up from the bench. ‘But I don’t need their cheers. I could have been wrestling Taylor in a dark room with nobody in it and I would have still choked her out. The crowd cheering meant nothing.’

‘It’s funny though, is it not, that your conversation with Vega earlier in the night was about such a topic?’

‘The hell does that mean?’

‘You taunted him for giving up his dark ways and here you are, being cheered like the plucky young upstart of yesteryear who pinned Steven Holmes for his first Championship here.’

‘Your point?’

‘My point, Xander…’ Andrey walked over to his client and patted him on the shoulder. ‘…is that the universe has a habit of trying to balance out the mistakes of men. And while I’m not saying for a second that your path is a mistake, sometimes it’s worth listening when the universe wants to talk.’

‘Yeah, well the universe can go fuck itself. I’ve made my choice and I’m riding higher than I ever have. I’ve no doubts about the decisions I’ve made. Lets wait and see how Vega’s work out for him in his match.’

Andrey smiles and slaps him on the arm. ‘A man can achieve great things when he has confidence in himself. I know that you have no problems in that department. Let’s just see how confident in his own abilities Mr Vega is.’

One Week Later
The Iron Academy
Phoenix, Arizona

The hits on the punchbag were getting harder and harder, and the sound was echoing around the gym. Xander was tired, and sore, but he didn’t care. He kept pummelling and pummelling as hard as he could before finally he stopped, falling against the bag himself. He stopped and grabbed his flask, taking a large gulp of water, before returning to a ready position to continue.

'The bloody hell did that bag ever do to you?’

Xander smiled and turned around, and sure enough David Redfield was standing at the door. He walked over and the two greeted with a hug.

‘Man it’s been a while.’

‘That it has. Gotta keep making a name for myself while you’re up there living the high life.’

‘You’ll get there someday dude.’

‘Hey, if it happens it happens.’

‘What you doing here anyway?’

‘Well, was just passing through, on the way to a show. Indie life, you know? But thought I’d stop by and say congrats on the Taylor match.’

‘Thanks man.’

‘That’s three World Champions in a row. Mate you are on fire.’

‘Yeah, well I can’t afford to burn out yet.’

‘No, no you can’t.’ Redfield walked over to the ring and leant against it. ‘Vega next for you, right?’

‘Yup.’

‘Tough draw.’

‘I’ve had worse.’

‘Have you?’

‘Well…I did just beat Eve Taylor. You know, former World Champion. And I did beat another in Kagura before her. And then I did beat Tyrone Blades before that still. All former Champions. So…yeah.’

‘That doesn’t mean Vega is a slouch though.’

‘No, I didn’t say that.’

‘But you think he’ll be easier?’

Xander stood there for a moment, before grabbing his flask and walking closer to Redfield. ‘What’s this about?’

‘I just wanna make sure you’re head is fastened on properly.’

‘And you think it isn’t?’

‘I think you’ve had a good amount of success in recent months and I want to do my bit as a friend to try and ensure that continues.’

‘By questioning me?’

‘By keeping you on your toes.’

‘…by questioning me?’

‘Okay, yeah, kinda. Look, you pointed out just how tough the opposition has been for you recently and I just don’t think it ends with them. You said before you beat Eve that you had everything to prove and she didn't. Vega is in the exact same spot as you; he's out to prove he belongs. And let's not forget, Vega ended the Mayhem Division back in the day; he was that good. That high level of ability can’t be ignored.’

‘You’re right. You are, and I know how good he is. I’ve been in a Hell in a Cell with him and he’s awesome. He’s naturally gifted and has a unique style that just makes him nearly impossible to predict.’

‘You’re going to say ‘but’ now, aren’t you?’

‘Yep. But he doesn’t have the killer instinct any more.’

‘Go on.’

‘Well, look at him. He talks about reforming and wanting to be a better person…why? I mean, like you said, he was the man who defeated the Mayhem Division as a whole. He turned everyone’s heads. Why change what brought you to the dance? Why, because of a conscience? Fuck that. He had a formula that had he stuck to he would have been Champion by now most likely. Instead he left, came back a changed man and in my eyes just isn’t the same.’

‘Like looking in a mirror, right?’

Xander tilted his head a little at that remark. ‘Maybe. Except I came back and I’ve never been better.’

‘I’m not saying anything on the contrary.’

‘But you are saying something, right?’

‘Look, his victory on Ascension was very impressive from where I was standing-‘

‘Yeah and I’m not saying it wasn’t-‘

‘And you need to be careful. Everything you’ve felt; the need to prove yourself, the desire to complete unfinished business, he’s feeling that too. Except he has chosen to embrace the fans rather than turn them away.’

‘His funeral. Look, I meant what I said to him. And I dunno, maybe pandering to those leeches works for some but honestly, he has looked a shell of the man he used to be since returning.’ Xander laughed for a second before continuing. ‘You know, I remember being asked years ago who I thought might be the next big break out star and I said, and honestly thought, that it would be Vega. To think that now, he and I are in this position, both with everything to prove and from different sides to the ones we once occupied, and to think that in order for him to fulfil that potential he has to go through me……it ain’t happening. Not a chance.'

Redfield leant back more on the ring apron and smiled.

‘I’m just saying you need to be careful.’

‘And as ever I will be. Like I said, I know the threat he poses to what I’m working toward here. I do. But the truth about Vega is he rotted away in that Mayhwm division for far too long. Hell, look at when he made his return; straight back in there. And yeah, right now he’s forced his way out and he’s cleaning himself up and performing well but simply put, he has to do better than perform well. He has to do whatever it takes.’

‘And what happens if you don’t beat him?’

Xander looked up, shaking his head at the question posed to him.

‘Seriously, what happens then?’

‘He goes on and I get knocked back, but I don’t fall down.’ Xander looks back to Redfield, anger burning in his eyes. ‘Before I would have said some shit like ”I can’t afford to think like that” but the truth is, I will win that Championship, and I will do it however I have to. Right now that way is through Vega, and I have no problem doing whatever it takes. Does Vega have the same mentality, or does this “redeemed” version have the balls to do what the fans won’t like?’

‘And you don’t care about those people? The same ones who applauded you back on Meltdown?’

‘Christ-‘

‘No, Xander, listen. I know you think it was just because it was Taylor and they chose to pick aside, but they weren’t just booing Eve. They were cheering you. Your name being chanted. You connected with them once again.’

‘And why should I give a fuck?’

‘Because they can push you on! They have with me in my career. The amount of titles I probably owe that support to-‘

‘And yet you’re still not in WZCW, so how is it actually working out for you?’

Redfield stopped and looked down, biting his lip and smiling as he contemplated his next words. There was a pause form Xander too, who looked around the gym, instantly regretting his choice of words.

‘Red, I didn’t mean-‘

‘No, you did. And that’s fine mate. You aren’t wrong.’ He looked back up at Xander and placed a hand on his shoulder. ‘But those people have carried me through and helped me make my name. Whatever that name is. And they, even if it was just for one night only, were with you, and they might have just pushed you to that victory without you realising.’

Xander smiled back, and placed his own hand on Redfields shoulder.

‘Dave, you know I love you like a brother, man. But let me make this clear. The fact that within twenty seconds of them standing and applauding I had them booing again proves every point I’ve made. Those people are fickle, dishonest, hypocritical and they’re a stepping stone. Right now Vega is wrapped in what they want him to be, but instead he should be the Vega that dominated people. But I honestly think he’s forgotten how to do that. The people have made him forget that. Which means, come Ascension, I will have one single focus, and that will be to put Vega down. Just like Blades. Just like Kagura. Just like Taylor. And any chance of Vega taking my spot and progressing in the Gold Rush will simply fade away.’

Redfield patted Xanders shoulder once more, before removing it and turning, walking back to the door.

‘I hope you beat him, mate. But I don’t think the people are his weakness.’

‘They were mine.’

‘Maybe.' Redfield walked through the door, leaving one parting shot as he did.

‘Maybe one day you’ll see that they can be just as good of an ally as an enemy.'

Xander stood there, alone in the gym for a moment, before shaking his head and throwing his flask down, cracking it, sending water all over the floor.

Vega wants to be on the side of good? Fine. I’ll show him what I learned the hard way.

That goodness doesn't always equal greatness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back