• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ascension 118 - Flex Mussel versus Wren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Flex Mussel continued to show that he is not to be doubted heading into his World Championship Match at Gold Rush. After defeating Will McKay and Obi Okafor he destroyed McKay with a powerful Mussel Bomb through the announce table. He is looking to keep up that hot streak as he takes on Wren. Wren is coming off a first round exit of the Gold Rush tournament and a win against Flex would be huge as the mid-card title contenders for the pay-per-view are beginning to be decided. Wren has proven herself before with a victory over Titus Avison. Who will come out on top in this battle?

Deadline for RP submissions is Tuesday the 13th of June at 23:59PM.

Extensions are available on request.

“AHHH!”

I couldn’t help but scream as Allison started taping up my knee. The knee had given up mid match last week and still hadn’t healed as I was expecting to. My biggest worry? It may not heal before yet another all-important match against Flex. I was angry at my knee for giving up on me, yet hopeful that I’ll be able to make it to my next match. At this point though, it seemed a far-fetched dream.

“This looks bad. I’m not sure if you’ll be fit in time for your match against Flex.” Words that I didn’t want to hear. I wanted to go out and test myself against the best of the best. Flex Mussels, the no.1 contender for the WZCW Heavyweight Championship, former tag team champion, the former member of one of the most famous factions in the wrestling world in Cerberus, was the ideal opponent. And here I am, with my banged up knee.

“I think, I’ll call the management, get your match called off.” I waved her not to. There was still a few days before the show, and I was hoping against hope that I could make it back to fighting condition. I wanted to fight it out, even if it meant enduring excruciating pain. “But you don’t have to. You need rest. Your knee needs healing. The physician has been very clear about it. Moreover, what will fighting Flex in this condition even mean to you? He has been on a rampage, and I don’t believe you’re in a condition to stop that. It might just worsen everything.” As much as I understood her, I didn’t want to pass up this golden opportunity of going up against one of the best in this business.

“You don’t get it, do you? Flex is everything you need to avoid right now. You’ll get other opportunities. This is not the time for you to be a hero. He won’t show mercy and he won’t give you any space. Let me call someone in the management and call the match off.” As she turned, I held her hand, almost trying to plead to her not to do so. May be I was being irrational, but I had made a commitment for the match, and I was going to fulfill it. I had worked through many injuries before, sometimes to me own detriment, but I couldn’t pass up an opportunity like this.

“You’re stupid! Plain and simple stupid!” Yep. That seemed to be true, and yet I wasn’t going to budge. The newspaper had been delivered to our door that seemed to distract her. Allison picked up and read it out to me.

“Wow! It seems your little secret is out.” I snatched the paper from her and read for myself.

wU8Uceh.jpg

I was in the state of shock! What had just happened? How did this get out?

“Why does it matter anyway?” It mattered. A lot. I was very terrified. Allison didn’t get it, but I knew I had to do something.

IQadaa.png

Flex: Wren huh? That’s a bit a curve ball.

The monsieur of muscle can be seen in his basement gym reading over the match announcements for the upcoming week. His assistant Charles can be seen struggling to do some pull ups until he gives up and begins eating some Flex Fitness protein bars. Soon after he joins in mentor in discussing Flex’s peculiar opponent.

Flex: With Banks in Cooper’s back pocket I was expecting to face Keaton or be in a handicap match of some sorts but Wren? That’s interesting….

Charles: Who is she anyway?

Flex: I’ve got no clue, and that’s what interests me the most. I mean I’ve been in the company for a few years now, I know most people on the roster but Wren in someone I know virtually nothing about. And just like last week I’m facing someone I can’t prepare for not only because I’ve never been in the ring with them but because her bio is basically non-existent! David Kerms needs to be fired for his lack of research skills.

Charles: Well I just googled her and it says she’s got some history in a Japanese promotion-

Flex: But what has she done here Charles?! Nothing you do matters if it’s not in a WZCW ring! And the fact that she’s just now on my radar either tells me she hasn’t done much besides exist or Vis Imperium knows something I don’t.

Charles: Well maybe this will help you prepare for the unknown, a lot of things could happen from now until Gold Rush.

Flex: I don’t like the unknown and I certainly don’t like leaving anything up to chance. Vis Imperium may be a bunch of garden snakes living in human flesh but they’re still snakes nonetheless, and I need to be five steps ahead of them. Can’t have a repeat of this past week.

Charles: Yeah, Cooper spitting on you was mad disrespectful G.

Flex: What did you say?!

Charles: Sorry, I’m trying to stay hip and relevant with the lingo, apologies if it came off forced.

Flex: No not that you idiot, did you say he spit on me?!

Charles: Yeah...you do remember that right?

In fact Flex did not remember that, in fact since Meltdown the bodybuilder did all he could to forget that it happened. After the assault Vis Imperium gave him he felt like rookie, falling for a such a cheap trick was completely out of character for him. He was once a user of the numbers advantage yet he fell right into their trap. And after being reminded of the event by Charles he was forced to once again think about why he did that. Was it because of the fans? For the first time in months he didn’t get a sole reaction of pure hatred, there was a portion of fans cheering for him to dispose of Cooper, and that false bravado led him to make such a stupid decision.

Charles: Flex! You good homie? You kinda spacing out on me.

Flex: I’m fine, get me all the information you can on Wren’s time in WZCW. I’ll be back.

The monsieur of muscle exited his private gym and into the upstairs of his home. As he entered the kitchen he could see his sister Maria restraining his grandfather Max Mussel whom he’d been drugging the last couple of months. After a few strenuous seconds the female Mussel was able to tie her grandfather on the couch leaving him to drool and ramble incessantly.

Maria: He’s been like this for months Flex, what is your end game here? Put him in an opiate induced coma?

Flex: Right now he’s a mindless muscle zombie at my command, trust me it’ll come in handy. But that’s not important right now, have you seen a clear plastic mask of mine?

Maria: Oh you mean the mask you’ve been talking to like it’s a person? No I haven’t,maybe you could try talking to an actual person though, may help with your psychosis.

Flex: This is not a time for jokes, this is by far the most important streak of my career, I can’t have distractions and the mask helps rid myself of doubt.

Maria: Oh now you’re doubting yourself? What happened to the Flex that was determined he was going to be World Champion?

Flex: I am determined! Justin Cooper fears me, I locked eyes with him on Ascension and I know he realizes I’m the most credible threat to his championship that is in this company. But that doesn’t mean I’m worried about the mountain of obstacles I have to face just to make it to that title match.

Maria: So you got beat down a little, it’s happened to you before so what?

Flex: But I fell for their stupid trap like an idiot, I heard just a small amount of cheers and it was like I was the old Flex again, just basking in the adulation not looking at the bigger picture.

Maria: So ignore the fans, you’ve been able to ignore the detractors so why can’t you do the same with the small amount of supporters?

Flex: I was so use to being the most hated man in the room I forgot what it felt like to be cheered. Damn Cooper’s face for being so punch-able.

Maria: Look maybe you need to embrace that for once maybe you’re the lesser of two evils, maybe it isn’t such a bad thing that not everyone in that crowd will be against you at Gold Rush. I mean you already have to contend with Cooper himself, his cronies, and the corporation backing him, isn’t that enough?

Flex: Last year I challenged the entire world to take me on in my quest to become champion, and unfortunately I failed, and I need to avenge myself, so no it’s not enough, I don’t know they have planned but I’ll take them on and everyone else as well, I’m going to prove that no matter the obstacle whether it be lackeys, crooked champions, corporate officials or unknown entities that nothing is going to stop me from getting that World title.

Charles interrupts the siblings conversation before Maria can respond.

Charles: Well Flex unfortunately there still really isn’t much on Wren. She’s won a few matches, lost a few, but there’s nothing really noteworthy to tell you outside of she may have been one of the fiercest competitors Japan has to offer.

Flex: It doesn’t matter, the unknown factors that Wren has will not be in her favor, it’ll only force me to be just as lethal with her as I were with those rookies last week. I’m sure Wren is an extremely talented and capable competitor but the simple fact is I’m on the run of my life and I can’t allow a young up and comer think I’m their meal ticket to a shot up the ladder. I’m sure a victory against the number one contender would do her wonders but the only underdog story worth any mention in WZCW is Flex Mussel against the World. Just like I have done to anyone I step in the ring with I will show Wren no mercy and continue to show not only Cooper but the entire roster I am not someone to be fucked with. If he wants to spit in my face, soon enough I’ll cover his with blood.

The fitness freak chugs a protein shake before instructing Charles to follow him back downstairs for more training. Maria looks to her grandfather still drooling and struggling on the couch and decides to follow her brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back