• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AS58: Titus vs. Grand Mystique

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
The man we've all heard legends about, Titus, will be scheduled to compete against the dastardly and evil Grand Mystique in one-on-one competition. This match against two veteran stars won't be a high-flying, fast-paced affair as both men have been in the business for a long time and both men need this victory on Ascension to kick-start their momentum run heading into All or Nothing. With GM controlling the New Church, one has to wonder whether or not GM will take out some insurance should things go south...

Deadline is 11:59pm Central Time, Tuesday 22nd January. Extensions as per thread.

The chaos backstage following Ascension was only amplified by the three men whose presence parts the sea of humanity. Derek Jacobs looks extremely wobbly as he wears the after effects of a brutal chair shot. Mason Westhoff is helping his brother along and The Grand Mystique walks slightly ahead, Jacobs has his right hand on the right shoulder of his leader.

“Brother Jacobs, your sacrifice has made The New Church that much stronger. You must use this to fuel your beliefs and your ambitions.”

“Indeed, this will drive us through our semi-final match next week.”

“I don’t feel so good.”

Suddenly Johnny Klamor appears and blocks their path. His obstruction brings a harsh glare from Grand Mystique which unsettles the normally unflappable Klamor.

“Err, excellent work out there fellas. I can’t stand that bunch of idiots.”

Grand Mystique tips his head as if to bring some sarcasm raining down on Klamor but instead Mason Westhoff responds angrily.

“Get out of our path you ignorant peon! Does it look like we needed your praise?”

The trio move forward past Klamor who is taken aback by the dismissal. As they approach their dressing room, we see Becky Serra follow them away and she uses the calm to approach them.

“Gentlemen! I’d like to speak with you about your actions.”

Her intentions go unanswered so she moves in front of them to obstruct them like Klamor did.

“You brawled with Saxton and Saboteur all over the arena and Mikey Stormrage has destroyed one of your brethren with a steel chair. The three of them have promised vengeance against The New Church.”

“Those reprobates are right about one thing; this war has only just begun.” Derek growls with a fierce resolve but in his eyes, it’s clear that he is queasy. He struggles by himself into the darkness of their locker room. Mason heads in after him until Becky asks another question.

“Don’t you feel anything for what you have done for the superstars you have injured?”

“The superstars we have laid down have been the sacrifices to get us to this point. We are destined to be in the match for the Tag Team Championships and we will win.”

Mason heads inside. Becky’s eyes track him into the darkness. GM goes to follow him until Becky moves into his path.

“What is the quest for vengeance really about? Why have you made victims out of Strikeforce?”

“You think this is a personal mission? Oh Becky, you are as stupid as the muscleheads who you desperately try to stay composed around. This isn’t personal, war isn’t personal. Strikeforce are weak and by any logic they were the first target. Strikeforce are not longer a factor and they will not stand in the way of the destiny of The New Church anymore. Mikey Stormrage can cry vengeance all he likes but he and his friend are victims of our destiny, casualties of war.”

“But I don’t expect anyone but my brothers to understand.”

“The mark has been made. The fire has been started and soon WZCW will be branded with the image of The New Church.”

A giant shadow steps through a smouldering scene of rubble and dust. Glowing embers fume with smoke casting a dark smoggy haze. The shadow can barely be made out in the gloom. His tone is spookily calm.

“My brothers faced up to their enemies and together, we broke through them. Come All or Nothing, The New Church will fight for the Tag Team Championships because as I expected, Saboteur and Saxton have arrogantly underestimated my brothers. But beyond that, we have confirmed that Strikeforce are broken in half. The heart of Mikey Stormrage has been crushed and what remains is the hollow soul of an abandoned champion.”

The looming figure kneels down and grabs a piece of the scorched wreckage which crumbles in his giant hand. The debris crumbles to a dust that falls through his fingers.

“Mikey can bemoan the loss of his partner but what James Howard has left behind is a shell of a man. He is trying to be a hero but the only act of courage we will see from him is when he is left barely breathing to see what is left of Strikeforce is going to be slowly and painfully crushed by my fist.”

“All heroes are guilty of masking their flaws; it’s a defect in their nature. Some use comedy, some behind a fickle badge of honour. The thing about most heroes is that they are all frauds. In a company full of wannabe idols and would-be champions, Titus is master and chief.”

The dark colossus treads through the smog. We see The Grand Mystique is some detail for the first time. The whites of his eye are highlighted by the darkness of his mask; the mask itself reveals clean white teeth behind an evil smile. His size is marked out against the background.

“It’s all too easy to say that Titus should be put out to pasture and wheeled out on ceremony. His appeal increases with every passing day as those around him evolve. Titus has forgotten what it is like to be a hero. He needs re-educating what true heroism means. There is no valour to bumming around a backwater city with a mask on. Titus unmasked Red Mask so that he could be applauded for his own self-gratification. This self-serving behaviour is already a great sin for which he has never been punished. That is he is still able to seek reward for such false philanthropy is laudable testament to how easy it is to fleece the sheep that are his followers.”

The Grand Mystique continues to use the same calm tone. His evil words and cruel belie the manner with which he speaks. He approaches two large structures which are charred black and have not yet fallen apart. He pulls them up and we see what looks like the coffins that were burnt by The New Church in the Bridge to Salvation Church in Texarkana. He picks these charred remnants up and throws them to the side where they smash under the weight of their impact.

“The unwashed masses believe Titus is a legend whose achievements place him in that bracket. But they are blind to his act and gullible for his words. He’s been around so long that he even believes his own spiel. But his greatest sin isn’t his pride or arrogance. It is how slothly he prowls around his palace of stature. His reputation has crafted a protective layer and he lounges behind it, picking and choosing his moments to emerge. That those actions only serve to increase his status is baffling to those who see through this mirage.”

“The Grand Mystique is the evolution, destined to wipe out the indigenous leech of legend. The New Church is the cure, the phoenix that will rise from the ashes after WZCW is burnt to our image. There is no better place to start than with the man who represents the sinners of WZCW more than anyone.”

We're backstage where Titus is stood with Leon.

Leon: This is the first time we've got to speak to you since Unscripted. What was up last week? You're not usually one to shy away from the spotlight.

Titus has a brisk look of sadness on his face.

Titus: A friend of mines passed away. I don't want to dwell on it too much but I know he will be missed by many people. Here's to you buddy.

Titus lifts up his hands as if he's holding a glass.

Titus: Though I imagine you've got a lot to cover so fire away Mr. Kensworth.

Leon: So lets start with Unscripted. You were rather unlucky, no?

Titus chuckles.

Titus: Unlucky? Unlucky? That's one of the best performances I've had in a match. I outdid what I did when I won the Elite X title. It was a showing that people will talk about for quite sometime.

Titus pauses.

Titus: Yet I still lost.

Titus pauses again.

Titus: Follow up Leon. Follow up.

The raise in Titus' voice causes Leon to get a mild shock but he quickly pulls himself around.

Leon: So why was that the case? Why did you fail to win?

Titus: It could be the old Titus curse of consistency. When was I last at the top of my game? When did I last show consistency? Why is this the case? Is it focus or is it some underlying problem?

Leon: Well it could be...

Titus: THAT WASN'T WHY I LOST LEON.

Another pause.

Titus: That wasn't why I lost.

Yet another pause.

Leon: Then why did you lose?

Titus: I was in a match with one of the greatest wrestlers in company history. He made Drake Callahan tap out. Not many people will ever be able to do that. Showtime is going places and that's why people like Constantine are after him.

Leon: Speaking of Showtime, he's not the only one with people after him. You seem to be the popular man at the moment.

Titus: Of course I am. It's a month until the 85th Academy Awards ceremony takes place. People are asking for me left, right and centre. Well all aside from Oprah but she's a bit busy. Four Oscars make you the man everyone wants at this time of the year.

Leon: I actually keep forgetting how famous you are sometimes and that you were a really successful actor.

Titus: Of course I am. It's a month until the 85th Academy Awards ceremony takes place. People are asking for me left, right and centre. Well all aside from Oprah but she's a bit busy. Four Oscars make you the man everyone wants at this time of the year.

Leon: I actually keep forgetting how famous you are sometimes and that you were a really successful actor.

Titus: Exactly, I hear it too often 'washed up actor' blah blah blah. I've won four Oscars and my 10 movies I've been a star in have grossed over a billion dollars. Two bit hack indeed.

Leon: I'm sure there are worse things.

Titus: It's better than when they play down Keystone City. In 2001 it was given the title of the blue-collar capital of the U.S. The people are proud of that. It’s a tough place, but a good place. With honest people who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty. It's there I learnt the true meaning of being hero.

Leon: What is that?

Titus: It depends on the circumstance.

Leon: Like coming out for a match injured?

Titus: EXACTLY.

That seems to hype Titus up once again.

Titus: Do I need Chris K.O. To attempt to save me? Do I heck. That act was not an act of heroism but one of pomp and circumstance. Look at me I am your white knight, Well I say ni! I'm sure our paths will meet in the ring at some point but that is neither here nor there. For now it's against the man of mystery.

Leon seems increasingly frustrated that Titus is dictating the flow of the interview rather than himself.

Leon: Well this week you're up against Grand Mystique and it seems as though things are stacked against you.

Titus: How?

Leon: Well your injury last week.

Titus: As if that will stop me. I survived a Lethal Lottery match with some of the best competitors in WZCW history. I can get through this.

Leon: GM also has the New Church.

Titus: The Who Church?

Leon: The New Church.

Titus: I know who they are Mason Westhoff and Derek Jacobs. We've faced off twice now. Want to cleanse the world and all that jazz. We've seen many attempt it, only one man accomplished it.

Leon: Who?

Titus: Mr. Morality James Chillingham of Blue Valley, Nebraska. He’s done quite well for himself.

Leon looks exasperated with Titus.

Leon: Look can you just give me a comment on Grand Mystique so I can just go home and get some rest?

Titus: The man has a history in WZCW. I know what that is like. The man hides behind a mask. I know what that's like. He has aligned himself with some bad men. I know what that's like. We're a lot more similar than people would think yet we've never faced off but things are about to change. Injury or not...

Titus taps his injured shoulder.

Titus: I will show you what I can do. You are on a quest for vengeance? I once looked Vengeance in the eyes and defeated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back