• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AS58: Fairy Glitter Armageddon vs. Stark Talent Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
Two old friends in Celeste Crimson and Sandy Deserts have forged the first ever female tag team in WZCW and will be looking to take themselves and their weird tag team name against Alexander Stark's Talent Agency. We do not know who will be representing the STA but after last week's loss in the Battle Bowl Quarter Finals, there has got to be some re-strategising in the pairing of Wilhelm Wunderbar and Benjamin Hoss. Which two members of the STA will compete against the FGA and will they stand a chance with the third remaining on the outside?

Deadline is 11:59pm Central Time, Tuesday 22nd January. Extensions as per thread.

It is almost nightfall; the sun slowly lowers itself to meet on the horizon, sinking past the ocean's edge. It is a beautiful sight to behold for any who have the time to stop and witness this scene; someone like Sandy Deserts enjoys the view bestowed upon her, especially since she stands on the walkway of the famous Golden Gate bridge in San Fran which starts to light up as the darkness begins to loom. A cool wind brushes past her hair, reminding her of the refreshing feel that the sea breeze provides. She smiles for only a moment before she remembers why she is on the Golden Gate bridge - it wasn't to take in the view of the city or the bridge but to visit the Professor at the local hospital - as a small burst of anger shoots through her, causing her to turn around and kick her motorbike's front wheel. Fortunately for Sandy, she wore the correct attire for riding a motorbike with her foot being padded enough not to feel any pain. She shakes her head before she takes off her back-pack, pulling out the award that she took in place of the Professor. She stares at it for a moment and a smile comes back to her face.

He'll be happy to have this when I give it to him. He earned this award and it's the least he deserves after all he has given for the company, especially after what happened with that bloody mentorship program. It still bedazzles me that someone is willing to ruin the person's life that is trying to help yours... and if that was Isabel's plan, why did she leave this award with me? Why didn't she take it when she had the chance? Is she afraid that taking this would make me pursue her more or is she allowing the Professor to have this as a reminder that he used to be someone to fear?

Sandy rubs the award to remove a slight smudge on the nameplate.

The main thing is: I have the award to personally present to him and that is a moment that I'm going to enjoy; finally seeing a genuine smile from the Professor ever since being admitted into hospital.

And that's a good thing to have in life.

Startled, Sandy jumps and looks up to see an old male who looks to be in his 60's giving a warm smile towards her. He looks to be wearing a jumpsuit for walking along with a headband and a bottle of water in his hand. He takes a sip before offering some to Sandy. She politely declines his offer.

How long have you been listening to me?

The man smiles.

Enough to know that you are excited to drown out all the negatives in your life. I would be to if I gave someone something of there's a got to see a smile on their faces... and thankfully, I have grand-children who are only toddlers so I get to see their loving smiles every day.

Sandy smiles back.

Congratulations.

You cherish moments like this; you won't get many in life.

Sandy nods.

I will... I've got a few problems to deal with right now so it'll definitely give me a break from worrying.

Oh...? What sort of problems do you have, my dear?

Sandy hesitates to answer.

Most aren't much of too concern; I'm a wrestler and I've got these opponents who have a lot of back-up so I have my mind on them...

A wrestler, huh? I wouldn't picture you as the type; you seem too friendly and generous to be fighting people. A beautiful person such as yourself wouldn't benefit from getting hit neither... what do you mean by "back-up?"

Well... I, along with my partner who I trust, have to take on two opponents but this could be from a selection of 5 different people where the three that aren't picked to wrestle us still could become a factor. It's a bit nerve-racking to prepare for a band of men who are dangerous in their own right but together as a group?

The man thinks for a few seconds.

You seem to doubt your abilities.

I-

Do you doubt your abilities?

No, not r-

How about your partner?

Of course not bu-

So then you have nothing to worry about. If you truly believe in yourself and those people that you care for around you, then there isn't anything that will be a problem for you; you will be able to overcome any challenge... and although we just met, I believe in you.

Sandy smiles.

Thank you. That has helped put my mind at ease.

When you get to my age, teaching others the knowledge you possess is the best thing you can do for anyone in need. Someone as young as you though, you can do a lot more. Go take that award that means so much to your friend and help him.

Sandy nods and gives the old man a hug. He smiles at her as she puts her helmet on, starts her motorbike and drives off. The old man takes another sip of water before looking out into the sunset.

-------------------------------------------------------------------​

The doors open in the Intensive Care Unit, allowing Sandy to enter and walk down the corridor. She makes her way to the nearest nurses station and asks the lady at the counter where she might find the Professor. She points her in the right direction and she thanks her for her help. A smile on Sandy's face appears as she sees that the Professor is awake and waves to her through the window looking out into the corridor. She opens the door and gives him a hug.

Hey... it's good to see you again.

She stands back up, takes her back-pack off and once more takes out the award.

I've got a surprise for you.

She reveals the award to the Professor who smiles. She gives it to him and he reads it with the smile growing wider. He taps his temple, signifying that he remembers this moment. He puts it on the side table next to his bed before pointing to the chair for Sandy to sit down. She obliges and pulls the chair next to his bed.

I played your theme music just as you asked and although the crowd was a little disappointed it wasn't you, they still appreciate you. Well, you did win an award so of course they still remember you.

He smiles.

But... it went a little south when your friend Isabel attacked me from behind and beat me down in front of everyone. Thankfully, she left the award behind.

The Professor grabs a pen and paper to start writing.

I'm fine now but I promise that I'll extract revenge on her when she has no where to hide or run anym-

The Professor reveals what he wrote down:

You don't have to pursue her - let her be

A look of shock is on her face.

But she put you here and I cannot live with that. She ended your career early because she crushed your throat that badly that you are unable to speak without numerous risky surgeries or the aid of technology.

I have forgiven her, Sandy. You should too.

I don't know how you can easily forgive someone like that. She needs to be taught a lesson and your method never worked - someone as rough as she is needs to have a taste of her own medicine to be treated.

The Professor writes down a response.

Whatever you think is right. I trust your decisions.

Sandy smiles at the Professor and she grabs a hold of his hand. Suddenly, a knock on the door is heard and a nurse opens the door.

He's right in here... you have another visitor. Someone's popular today.

Sandy turns around and she has a smile on her face.

The sound of a man clicking several buttons on a soundboard filled a small studio as a local disc jockey prepared for the morning talk show.

“Hello all you sports fans,” he spoke into the mic. “DJ Candleman here with the Gold Rush Morning talk show extravaganza.”

The radio studio was located inside of a small cubical at one of the local top radio stations. DJ Candleman was a middle aged man with a tall, slender build reminiscent of his nickname. His long slender finger loomed over the soundboard, as his low, but charismatic voice swept through the room.

“My guest here this morning is California’s own and WZCW sensation Celeste Crimson!”

Sitting across the room was the woman herself; she gripped the microphone in front of her and introduced herself as DJ Candleman began to fire off a volley of different questions promoting WZCW and her new team with her good friend Sandy Deserts.

“I think the biggest question that all of us would like to know is the story behind your new team,” he asked.

“Sandy has been a good friend of mine for a while now and we decided to form a team together,” she replied.

The DJ laughed and addressed the pink elephant, “And what about the name? Fairy Glitter Armageddon sounds awesome.”

“Funny story really,” she stated. “I may be an American girl, but my blood is 80% alcohol like the rest of my family. I made Sandy one of my homemade concoctions called a Fairy Bomb, which is basically a mixture of vodka, absinthe, and citrus liquor-”

“Good lord, woman! It’s like you were trying to kill her, not get her drunk.”

Celeste laughed, “Even though she ended up getting sick, she stated that it was one of the best things that she had ever tried.”

Celeste explained that the name wasn’t just a spur of the moment influenced by a night of drunken insanity, “There’s mysticism involved in our team – glitter is a metaphor for glimmer and glitz, which is what we’re all about-”

“I’ve seen the outfits that you two wear, and it makes you look smoking hot,” DJ Candleman replied. “Your entrance is surreal; the righteous flames on rivers of gold dancing across a background of grey.”

Celeste laughed, “I thought it was a nice touch. Sandy stands for all things magical, while I stand for all things mythological; like a pair of glittering phoenixes, we rise to vanquish our foes.”

“Or in this case, a pair of glittering fairies,” he jabbed.

Celeste smiled, “Right.”

“And speaking of vanquishing foes; right here next week WZCW brings us Ascension,” he explained. “And all eyes will be on you two as you take on the Stark Talent Agency.”

Celeste smiled and leaned back in her chair; she gripped her microphone slightly before continuing, “I hear ol’ Alexander’s been doing pretty well for himself ever since he brought back those two cronies of his.”

“Now for the audience members who don’t know much about Mr. Stark, can you tell us a little bit more about him,” asked the DJ.

Celeste stopped to ponder for a second, “From what I remember he’s a former tag team champion who saw some mild success in the Mayhem division but never did capture the title. The other members of his agency, Wilhelm Wunderbar and Benjamin Hoss, were old allies of his that he recruited in an attempt to make a run towards the WZCW tag tag titles – an attempt which ultimately failed last week.”

“So it’s going to be you and Sandy against all three members of the Stark’s talent agency this week?”

Celeste quickly cut him off and shook her head, “It could be any of those three. Sandy and I could be facing off against the demented Wilhelm Wunderbar, or the giant Benjamin Hoss, or the mastermind himself Alexander Stark. But regardless of that one will be on the outside watching our every move.”

“Three against two sounds like pretty cheap odds,” replied DJ Candleman. “Especially when you two are just two damn beautiful to be smacked around and tossed aside like rag dolls.”

Celeste chuckled, “Well my reputation more than precedes itself, and Sandy is no pushover. I can take down Wunderbar, and she can handle Stark. It’s Benjamin Hoss that we need to watch out for.”

She sighed and folded her arms before readjusting her microphone, “The man’s a monster; and while he may be incredibly slow compared to the two of us, it’ll take both of us working together to take him out. Otherwise, I’m not concerned with them. Stark has his goals, but Sandy and I have ours... and to us those three are just going to be minor speed bumps on the road of our journey.”

The interview continued with DJ Candleman asking her different questions about her future aspirations within the company.

“Right now I want to focus on Fairy Glitter Armageddon; maybe we’ll go for the tag team titles or maybe we’ll just wreak havoc wherever we see fit.”

“So metaphorically speaking the two of you taking the company by storm is the Armageddon in your name,” he inquired.

“Exactly,” she replied, “But at the same time it means much more. Not only do Sandy and I plan to take WZCW by storm, we plan to dominate it. And whether or not we eventually reign as tag team champions is entirely up to fate.”

“So now that you’ve given us some background history about your new team and your opponents this week is there anything that you want to say to your fans?”

Celeste smiled and grabbed the microphone, and launched herself into a short monologue, heightening the octaves in her voice to make herself seem more dramatic, “Next week when FGA take’s WZCW by storm, we will walk all over the Stark Talent Agency like the insects that they are, and demonstrate that even the mightiest competitors are no match for fairies.”

The scene ends as Celeste’s laughter mixes with DJ Candleman’s as the talk show goes to a commercial break.

--------------------------------------------------------------------​

It was later in the evening once Celeste left her hotel room, hopped on her rental bike she had purchased, and made her way downtown. Granted it wasn’t her beloved Ducati which, begrudgingly, she had to leave behind with her family in Sacramento, but it handled fine and the evening air took her mind off her troubles at hand.

She stopped in the parking lot of the hospital and found Sandy’s bike near the front. She paid for her parking ticket and walked into the waiting room. She stopped at the receptionist’s desk who pointed her in the right direction. She walked down the hall and back again until she realized that she had gotten lost.

Cursing herself she walked up to one of the orderlies who lead her back down the hall in the right direction. The nurse stopped in front of a large oak door and knocked twice. She opened it slowly and stepped inside.

“He’s right in here, Mrs.”

She stopped and stared at Steven Kurtesy before smiling, “You have another visitor; someone’s popular today.”

Celeste stepped inside and saw both Sandy’s and Kurtesy’s eyes light up. Sandy stood and embraced her friend, who chuckled at her friend’s lightheadedness once she revealed having gotten lost on the way.

“I’m graceful when I’m kicking ass, but I never claimed not to be an airhead,” Celeste joked. She turned and greeted Steven with a quick hug, complementing him on his recovering appearance.

“How was DJ Candleman and the Gold Rush Morning?” asked Sandy. Kurtesy lifted an eyebrow, “It’s a talk show,” she responded.

“I enjoyed it,” said Celeste. “We discussed the origins of our team name, our ambitions, and our goals for the future.”

Steven smiled, he remembered Sandy mentioning Celeste’s potent Fairy Bombs. It left little to be imagined from the woman’s Russian heritage and legendary high tolerance for booze.

“Our ambitions huh?” Sandy sighed.

“Hey, I know how you feel Sandy – about Isabel,” she replied. “She had no right to attack Steven, and I would have kicked her ass myself if she hadn’t attacked you first.”

Steven sudden began flailing his arms in a wild manner trying to bring attention to himself as best he could, but Sandy cut him off.

“We were just discussing this and I want to get revenge. I-I just can’t let this go, Celeste,” she responded with anger in her voice.

“Woah, calm down Sandy; we all have our ambitions. Despite it all I still want my match with Rush, and I feel that there are others I may have to deal with in the future. Both none of that is important right now.”

She turned to look at the Professor and then back to her partner, “We agreed to form a team, not just because we’re friends but because we’re allies. We’re both trying to reach that next pedestal that will take us to the places we desire. And once we’ve reached them we swore we’d have each other’s backs.”

Sandy smiled and calmed herself, “You’re right.”

“There’s no need to get worked up about this; Isabel will be dealt with, but it’s not my place to do so,” she responded looking at Sandy, “It’s yours.”

Steven held up his hand in protest but Celeste stopped him, “You did all you could with her, but you didn’t do enough. That girl needed serious discipline from the beginning. Taking pity on her just because her father died wasn’t something you should have done.”

Steven looked offended but Celeste stood her ground, “I know you tried to do the right thing; it’s what I would have done to. I don’t blame anyone for this, and you shouldn’t either Sandy.”

“I knew all along that this was just her nature,” Sandy responded.

“And when the time comes, promise to kick her ass for me.”

The conversation switched from old enemies to new ones as Celeste addressed their first opponents together, “We’ve got bigger problems though. We have to get past the Stark Talent Agency first. I can handle Wunderbar and I know you can take Stark; it’s Benjamin Hoss that concerns me.”

“Why? You’ve fought and defeated big men before,” said Sandy.

“Yeah, but nothing like this guy before. Rush is way over the hill and Wasabi Toyota was incredibly slow. Hoss is big, strong, energetic, and uncontrollable. He’s unpredictable Sandy, so we have to be careful around him.”

“I understand,” she responded. “You’re the veteran here so I’m going to follow your lead, partner.”

The two women turn as Kurtesy tries his best to clear his throat. Celestle smiled as she read the dry erase board, which had a profound ‘Thank you for everything’ written across it. Celeste and Sandy continue to converse as Steven looked on, grateful to have two fairies watching over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back