• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AS47: Blade vs. Big Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
Our main event of Ascension will feature Big Dave, a man who will be taking on Steven Holmes at Kingdom Come, take on an old foe in Blade, a man who lost his chance to make it to the KFAD Elimination Chamber. Blade has been cutting his losses and taking out multiple guys on the roster in response to this and will be looking to continue his war path against Dave, giving his former ally a favour. Can Dave survive or will the wrath of Blade be too much to handle?

Deadline is Tuesday, April 17th at 11:59 PM Central Time.

Dave swings his arms but to no avail as he is no where near the ropes. Blade begins to rock back, applying more pressure to the hold. Dave struggles to get on his feet, but does and is able to push Blades shoulders to the mat. 1... 2... Blade lets go of the hold. Blade swings his arms around in the ring. The crowd is beginning to come alive and is backing Blade. Dave uses the ropes to pull himself to his feet. Blade from behind, looks to hit a German Suplex. Dave blocks it twice. He starts to elbow the side of Blades head. He takes a big swing, but misses. Dave gets turned around and Blade uses the momentum to hit a Belly to Belly suplex. Blade with the cover. 1... 2..... Dave just kicks out. Blade claps his hands and goes to the turnbuckle. Dave has rolled over onto his stomach. Blade gets to the top rope and points down at Dave. He is signaling for a Frog Splash. Blade leaps into the air. Dave has slowly gotten to his feet and catches Blade on his shoulders in mid air. Blade tries to wiggle free. Dave wastes no time and hits the Stamp of Authority on Blade. Dave leans against the ropes, barely able to stand after that move. He stumbles away from the ropes towards Blade. He stands over him and is about to pin him, but Blade suddenly rolls over. He grabs at Dave's legs and begins to pull himself up. Dave can not believe it. He helps Blade onto his feet and stares him in the eye. Blade flips Dave off and spits one in his eye. Dave wipes the loogie off his face and and lifts Blade onto his shoulders. Stamp of Authority for a second time. The cover. 1... 2... 3.

Harrys: Here is your winner, and still EurAsian champion, Big Dave!

Dave stands over Blade as the ref raise his arm. He looks down at Blade then goes to get his EurAsian title belt. He holds it up for the audience. Dave quickly exits out of the ring. The ref checks on Blade, who begins to roll over and struggle to his feet. Dave gets to the top of the ramp and looks back at the ring. Blade has crawled to the ropes and uses them to barely get onto his feet. He looks up at Dave, who can not believe that Blade is even standing.

Blade is watching this match on the television in his locker room. By the end of the match, he simply can't watch anymore and looks down at the ground.

After that match, I not only swore to myself that I would win the EurAsian title someday, I swore that I would never be one of those wrestlers who tumbles down the mountain without every making it to the top. I looked down on the likes of Rush and Celeste Crimson, wrestlers who had been given opportunity after opportunity and squandered every single one. Even today, the likes of Austin Reynolds and Showtime, once some of the biggest stars in the whole industry, could never win the big one and now their stars are fading. I swore it wouldn’t happen to me… I swore to myself that I would never be one of those guys who failed in their chance and became stepping stones for younger guys. I wouldn’t be one of those guys.

Blade puts his head hands for a brief moment. He looks up and pounds his fist on the table before him.

What happened to me? I was destined for greatness. I knew it. I felt it. From the get go, when I was destroying the likes of Baller and Karnage, everyone saw that I was the future of the industry. I was the greatest EurAsian champion to ever walk these halls and I had people who were trying to get on my good side to ride my coattails to success. No offense to Hammond and Overlast, but I am the reason their names are feared, I was the one who put them straight on the map. Hammond, looking destined for a career as a sidekick became one of the most genuinely feared men in that locker room. Overlast was just a rookie who was trying to be noticed but found himself lost in the shuffle of several up and comers who were all trying to make a name for themselves. The moment I hand-picked them to join me as allies, their stock sky rocketed and they instantly became stars of the future. But what has become of their leader now? Failing in the Lethal Lottery and even failing to get into King For a Day.

Blade lets out an anguished yell and now kicks the table, knocking it over.

I knew going into Lethal Lottery that it was now or never. I promised myself that if I couldn’t get the job done and win the match with the amount of momentum I had, I was never going to win it. Unfortunately, I overestimated myself or underestimated the challenge and I had a showing that was pathetic. But even then, there was a silver lining. Surely I was shoe in to win the King For a Day briefcase, right? No, I wasn’t even able to qualify. I may have done some awful things to get ahead in life but I do not break promises to myself. I am many things, but my training always taught me to be true to myself. So that’s it… I failed and now I must give up without ever having made it to the top. I have become everything I hate. I am now one of those guys. So now I must step down and leave before I disgrace myself anymore and become someone that I don’t recognise. I still want to be able to hold my head high once I retire, I want to be able to look at myself in the mirror without feeling shame. And the only way I can do that is by leaving now before I become another veteran punchline.

Blade turns off the television and lights up a cigarette.

And this is why I want to destroy Big Dave this weekend. He is everything wrong with this industry. After years of mediocrity in the main event scene, he stumbles into a World Title win and then shows absolutely no desire to keep it once he is champion. This is a man who spent literally years trying to get to the top of that mountain with minimal talent, somehow avoiding those who tried to sabotage him simply because fortune favoured him. But when he had that shiny gold belt, he took his ball and he went home, he didn’t care. That angers me beyond reason. He had chances many would kill for and he got into a position many would die for and he squandered it like it was no big deal. That is a spit in the face to those of us who have worked so hard.

Blade, breathing heavily from rage just thinking about Dave's World Title reign, takes a long drag of his cigarette.

I always wanted to make sure I had no unfinished business when I left this company. And Dave’s actions mean I now have unfinished business with him. We lost in our first match, but that was a match that was strictly business, it was all about that EurAsian title. But this time, even if Dave doesn’t realise it, it is all personal. For once, fortune has smiled on me for a change. I have been given a glorious opportunity to face off with Dave, let him know how he has insulted me and hurt him for it. Most guys in the back feel like I feel towards Dave. They would never say anything, which I understand. You have to be very careful whose toes you step on around here. But unfortunately for Dave, I’m leaving so I just don’t give a fuck anymore. I will be fighting for all those guys who didn’t get the opportunities that Dave got and certainly wouldn’t waste it like he did. I am fighting for the underrated and the unsung come Ascension. Dave, I urge you to bring your very best to the ring so I can not only prove I am more deserving of the opportunities you got but also so I can show the world you are a phoney. If I’m going out, I’m going out with a bang by defeating you cleanly in the centre of that ring, Dave.
[/COLOR]
Blade, engulfed by smoke by now, takes another drag as the scene fades to black.

The familiar scene of a dark room with a flickering bulb appears to us, a place that Big Dave once felt at home with. Comfortable with his thoughts, motivating him to great heights and feeling more deadly than he ever felt. He was a different man back then and now as the time draws near for his opportunity to claim redemption, he takes comfort being back and embracing what he use to know.

Destiny.

The camera pans to reveal Big Dave leaning against the wall, the single light highlighting his muscles, making him appear menacing. He feels at home once again before shoving away from the wall and standing tall to face the camera.

It’s always about destiny.

Dave moves towards the centre of the room, manipulating the light to make him appear intimidating by shadowing out his eyes as he stares directly ahead.

Ever since I came to this company, I think of the day I made an impact and how my destiny was set in stone, to be the World Heavyweight Champion. Destiny was always going to provide fortune, but there was always a swerve that destiny provided along the way. You become a Tag Champion, it’s still destiny to be the World Heavyweight Champion; you lose the Tag Title, you’re still going to be the World Heavyweight Champion; you become the EurAsian Champion, the World Title is destined to still happen, you vacate the EurAsian Championship, now destiny is set. You wait a year, you fall short at the Lottery, a minor step back; you win the King For a Day opportunity, any moment now; you lose the opportunity, it’s still within my grasps. And you know what? The day when I realised it was never destiny all those years that took me there, the only time destiny actually was in my own control, was in every single match I had. The politics never got you anywhere, it was the simple psychology of who is the better men being decided by how much bigger, stronger or cleverer you are than him. That was when destiny is in your control, but what happens next? That is up to fate, the feelings and decisions of your General Managers, the reaction of the audience, they control every step you have and the only time you have control is when it is given to you. That’s when I felt destiny was in my hands, that night the Cell came and enclosed myself, Ty Burna, Steven Kurtesy and Baller, that is when destiny is at your mercy.

Dave crouches down to the floor and starts tracing shapes in the dirt, creating a picture for himself to make his words believable to him as well as anyone that listened.

And yet, when destiny is in my hands, in that squared circle, I get criticised that I’m not giving it my all when I am sitting at the top of the mountain. And who is it that I get criticised by? Those who believe that destiny will guide them along the way; the whiners who would rather talk than take action, and that is what I see in the eyes of the man that is known as Blade. See, Blade and I have a history, we have met on numerous occasions and I will admit, he was one of the closest to nearly defeating me for the EurAsian Championship. There Blade, I admit it, you came close and you know what why that was? You believed that destiny was in your control too. But the difference between you and I is that I don’t let destiny be my excuse, waiting for destiny to arrive at 8.30 to drop off my Stuffed Crust Meat Feast. Blade, I’m not referring to the man who seized those moments, like how you emulated my EurAsian Championship run, that was a man who was a believer. But it’s those moments where belief wasn’t enough, you weren’t satisfied and it was never your fault, but destiny’s.

The tracing has stopped and the camera feels like prey to the lurking predator that crouches in this solitary light, a sense of fear pollutes the room, accompanying the feelings of anger and determination.

Yet, you feel you have to criticise my career in comparison and say that I didn’t care hard enough about being the World Heavyweight Champion, that once it was done, that was it for me. I tell you now, you are wrong! If there was ever a night to prove how much being the World Heavyweight Champion meant so much to me, you only need to see Ascension 39, eight shows ago, the night I defended that Championship with every breath I had in me to stop Ty Burna getting that belt back. I bit, I bled, I sweated and still remained that man who was determined to prove the critics wrong. And you know what cost me everything? It wasn’t destiny, it was complacency. I allowed myself to think I was unstoppable and that nothing could bring me down because I was protected by the fact that I was the best. And I was shown only a couple of weeks later that it was far from the truth and what did it cost me? The title, my career, my reputation and all the support I had. And I could run down all the issues that I have at this point because I allowed these things to happen, but I would be wasting the energy and rage that I have been saving for Steven Holmes directly on you with nothing to spare.

Dave suddenly springs up and there is all but an outline of him in front of the camera, the darkness is consuming him and the former World Heavyweight Champion seems so far away now.

Blade, I plan to make an example out of you because you are one step to righting the wrongs that I allowed to take place, by silencing the critics before taking on the Elite at Kingdom Come. And the irony being is that destiny is coming to watch over this match, because she is going to be running through my veins and make you a victim of her misfortunes once again because you don’t believe anymore Blade. Should I sit back and criticise your shortcomings? Your lack of winning the Lottery? Falling short at getting close to the King For A Day? No Blade. Because in this time of year in WZCW, it’s not the time to be counting our losses but making our moments, you know this well enough from your previous victories at Kingdom Come. You still have a lot going for you and you can silence your own critics and become a champion yourself if you ignite that fire once again. Apocalypse 2010, remember that night. The night we stared down and you were determined to get the better of me to show you could be the man, show it at Ascension. I am not planning on coming to that show and feel sorry for you because I don’t have time for sympathy, because if I did, Steven Holmes wouldn’t be looking over his shoulder right now because that clock is counting down, tick, tock.

Dave slowly paces in a circle, no longer intimidating the camera with his size, but rather with his presence. His eyes are no longer focused on that, but rather trance-like. Everything makes sense to him.

WZCW is a far different place than it use it be when we weren’t even near our peak Blade, but still today it is dangerous more than anything. And while I would count on you to be the survivor and make these moments yours, you are going to be lost beyond recognition if you don’t start bucking up your ideas. It’s time to stop playing the violin and actually use it to crack someone’s head open, I even dare you to try it on mine. Blade, I’m coming to regain control over what I have lost, if you even had half the motivation I did, you would be ready for this. You think that walking away is simply enough? Blade I have seen what is it like to walk out when it is not on your own terms and trust me, your plans will not fall into place because if your mind isn’t even going to be in the game, then you have no chance when your moment comes. Blade, I may make you sick but you haven’t truly known what disgusting things lie in this company until you’ve been to the top, if you can’t stay around to even attempt to taste Eden’s fruits, then it’s time to cut your losses. The difference between us Blade is that while you always expected destiny to give you everything, I grabbed hold of destiny and made her give me these opportunities, you know it from the two times I have defeated you. There are no more opportunities for ‘What if?’, there is no more room for excuses, Kingdom Come season is here upon us and it is all about now because...

He takes one pace forward before crouching and grabbing some dirt from the floor. He looks directly back at the camera as he stands back up.

...it’s destiny.

He throws the dirt towards the camera, covering the lens in stains. From what we can see, Dave turns away and walks back into the darkness as the light starts to flicker before the bulb smashes and the pieces can be heard hitting the floor. Ascension awaits for something like no other to arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back