AS35: Dr. Steven Kurtesy vs. Dr. Alhazred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Two Doctors meet in a standard match as former Tag Team Champion Dr. Steven Kurtesy takes on current Champion Dr. Alhazred one on one. Both men will be motivated this week before Apocalypse as the champion has discovered his new challengers while Kurtesy has submitted a request and challenge to former ally Steven Holmes to a match at Apocalypse. With both men seeming to get their wishes so far, who will get a victory that will aid their cause?

Deadline is Tuesday 2nd August 23:59 EST

In a darkly lit room; Dr. Alhazred is lying on a sofa. His face is unshaven and he’s wearing a plain red t-shirt and some khaki shorts. Lying on his stomach is his WZCW Championship, looking dirtier than ever, brown spots and some green goo cover it in various places; it’s lost its golden shine and is now a dank dark yellowish brown.

Sitting across from Dr. Alhazred is his old friend Mister. Wearing his trademark gold mask and suit, Mister is looking down and scribbling on a note pad held in his hand. He looks up at Dr. Alhazred, squints his eyes, then looks back down to his notes.

Without looking up; (Mister: ) So Doc, tell me what’s been troubling you.

Dr. Alhazred: You see Doc, I got this problem and I have no idea how to fix it. Well I do have an idea but I’m not sure it’s the right thing to do, but I don’t see any other way.

Mister: What’s this problem you have?

Dr. Alhazred: I have this WZCW Tag Team Championship. I wear it everywhere proudly, worked hard to attain it, and have had the time of my life with my hombre, Jimmy King.

Mister: Those all sound like good things to me.

Dr. Alhazred: You didn’t let me finish. My partner and I have ran through this division since we first teamed up. We’ve toppled the second longest reigning Tag Team Champions in history and yet, no one gives a shit. No one cares. They still don’t see as a threat and they barely take notice of what we’ve been doing.

Mister: And how does that make you feel?

Dr. Alhazred: Pissed off, Mister. I’d go as far as to say mighty pissed off.

Mister: Mighty you say?

Dr. Alhazred: That’s right. I’ve heard the talking around the water coolers; I’ve heard the boys in the back snickering as I walk by. They say “They only got those belts because the BiA was splitting up and there was no one else”. They say “The Tag Division has fallen so far these days, we used to have great champions like the FHD, and we used to have great tag teams around. We need a team to bring the division back to its glory days.” Well what the fuck are we doing? Sitting back and trying to take the easy way out? No we’ve laid down our challenges for new Tag Teams, we even gave everyone an opportunity to get a free Title Shot, something we busted our asses for.

Mister: What’s your solution to this problem? You said you had an idea.

Dr. Alhazred: Extermination. There’s nothing else really to do. You don’t want to respect us for what we’ve accomplished and for actually trying to save this division? Well we’re going prove every single one of those bastards wrong. We’re going to become the greatest Tag Team Champions this company has ever seen. We will become greater then the Full House Daves, greater than the Crashin’ Movement, greater than the Brothers in Arms. We will break the record for longest time as Tag Team Champions. Like I said last week, we’ve ascended to the top of the mountain. We are so utterly alone and comfortable at the top that we’ve decided to make base camp and build a nice house up here. Showtime is climbing up the side of it and Stan Rogers is gingerly and ungracefully struggling to keep up with him. But they will fall; they will fall like the rest of them.

Mister: You don’t see Stan-Time as a threat?

Dr. Alhazred: No I don’t. I’m smart enough to be aware of how dangerous they could possibly be and not take them lightly. But they are no threat. Showtime is too wrapped up in the affairs of that Ty Burna and Austin Reynolds to be considered a real threat. Stan Rogers is a bumbling old fool that even Showtime does not take seriously. Did you see the way he treated him on Ascension?

Mister: I did, I did.

Dr. Alhazred: Well then you clearly saw Showtime watching an Austin Reynolds match and paying no mind to his partner. He’s putting all his time and effort into Ty and Austin that he doesn’t even see us. You think just because you’re a good singles wrestler that you can become a great Tag Wrestler? You need trust with your partner, chemistry. You can’t have your mind wrapped up on one opponent, because once you do, his partner is going to strike you from behind. No they’re no threat, we’ll defeat them at Apocalypse and we’ll continue our reign as the best Tag Team EVER.

Mister: What will happen when you break the streak?

Dr. Alhazred: Like we said on Meltdown. We will take down our camp at the top of our mountain and head back down. Before we do we’ll throw those titles off the side of the mountain. No one will care anyway. I bet no one will even notice they’re gone.

Mister: Why toss aside something you worked so hard and care so much for?

Dr. Alhazred: Because no one else deserves to wear these belts. No one on this roster strives to be a Tag Team Champion. They strive to use the Tag Team Championships as jumping off points to other titles. You see to us, that’s not the case. Our one and only goal for a long time was to win these Titles and once we won them our goal was to make these Titles matter again by crushing all enemies who dare crossed our paths. You see we care too much about these titles for them to go to two ungrateful wrestlers who have no true appreciation for what these Titles represent. These titles represent team work and chemistry between two men. Winning matches consistently as a tag team is a far more difficult task than winning on your own. You have to put all of your trust into your partner and know each other so well, that we know exactly what the other person is thinking before they do. Do you think two asshole kids would even care about that? Nope. We are not simply tossing the belts aside; we’re saving them from other tag teams. We are saving them from becoming meaningless.

Mister: This week you’ll be facing Dr. Kurtesy; a former Tag Team Champion himself and a very dangerous man inside the squared circle. I sense a lot of anger in you, I think this match will be a good way to let out some steam.

Dr. Alhazred: Exactly right Mister. I have no beef with Kurtesy. He had a run with the Tag Titles and he treated them properly. But he’s simply in the wrong place at the wrong time right now. I almost feel bad.

Dr. Alhazred balls up his fists and looks at them.

Dr. Alhazred: I have all this anger and frustration with this Tag Title thing and I’m gonna take it out on his face. Holmes is going to be thanking me come Apocalypse, there won’t be much left of the good old Doctor. Kurtesy is another guy to focused on other opponents to even see the threat that’s staring him right in the face, my Funyon breath is going right into his nostrils, yet all he’s looking at is Holmes possibly coming up from behind. His petty squabble with Holmes is insignificant compared to the magnitude of my goals and the destiny of the very titles that made him. You see, I have a purpose. I was a dangerous man before capable of hurting anyone and anything. But now I’m deadly, because I am fighting with a purpose. Every week I’ve said my matches are statements of our destructive capabilities, warnings to the other members of the roster. But this week, there will be no statements and there will be no warnings. Just pure anger, hatred and frustration coming out of my fists and bombarding Kurtesy’s body over and over again until he lies lifeless on the mat. The very spirit of these Tag Titles flow through my body and will give me the strength to not only defeat my opponents, but utterly destroy them.

Mister: Whoa man, that’s some heavy stuff.

Dr. Alhazred nods while staring at his fists. You’re god damn right it is.

Scene fades to black.

Calm, placid music plays through the background as the wind brushes past the trees on a sunny day at a local park. Despite the cool weather, Steven Kurtesy is only clothed with baggy shorts and sneakers as he practices his new Tai Chi exercises, murmuring sounds to keep himself in rhythm. He has been undisturbed in the park until a limosuine pulls up and Stacey Madison exits the vehicle, dressing quite fashionably and seasonably as usual. She makes her way over to Kurtesy with a confused look on her face, making her chuckle a couple of times at the unusual sight.

So this is what happened to the "best psychiatrist" in the world? Couldn't say that I didn't see this coming.

Kurtesy continues to do his exercises. Stacey smiles as she thinks she is getting under his skin.

I mean, although you're employed to be the company's psychiatrist, everyone seems to be going to other doctors to receive their help. It must've eaten you up inside.

No reaction from Kurtesy. Madison begins feeling ignored and gets a little frustrated.

I guess you've left your business with that wretch of a girl... with her in charge, that place will be dead in no time.

As Stacey finishes her sentence, the music stops and Kurtesy opens his eyes, realizing that Madison is standing in front of her. He smiles at her.

Ah... Ms. Madison. How are your spirits feeling this fine morning?

... what?

Oh sorry, I meant to say how are you. I'm still getting used to this whole Sage thing.

Your not mad about what I said before?

You were here before?

Stacey shakes her head in disbelief.

Where have you been?

Everywhere and nowhere.

No... I mean, last week. No-one could find you for a pre-match comment against King Shabba. Were you considering not competing against a better wrestler?

If you must know Madi...

Don't call me Madi.

If you must know Stace...

Madison rolls her eyes.

... I was participating in Australia's Spirituality Week, traveling the most holiest of sites whilst embracing nature. It was definitely an experience riding a horse bareback. Good thing there was a saddle for protection otherwise I would have felt some pain in the morning.

Wait, riding bareback means there isn't a sadd...

Kurtesy looks at Madison with a blank stare as she catches on what he actually meant. She screws up her face and is quite disgusted.

I should not have asked.

Maybe... but I sense this is not the only question you'll be asking today. You want an interview to make up for last time?

Madison sighs in relief.

Yes but can we make it quick? You've given me an image that's ruined my entire day... and I've bought a Prada bag today.

Okay...

Kurtesy cracks his knuckles.

It seems that my dear old friend still has some unresolved issues with me and continues to haunt me like a bad omen. Despite karma giving him his fair share of helpings by me defeating him and costing him the chance to become a champion, he is the proverbial Oliver Twist and continues to ask for more via interfering in my matches causing me to lose to people like King Shabba. I don't mean to put the King in a negative light but the result of the match was rigged and I would like to extend a re-match to him because of Holmes' actions. I'm sure he'll understand the situation... but not to dwell on the past, I must move forward and take care of the Holmes situation once and for all. I did not want to compete against him once and I do not wish to compete against him a second but if it's the only way... then we shouldn't let our last match be a standard wrestling contest as there are too many variables that can arise. I am officially challenging Steven Holmes to a submission of some kind, considering that the both of us are well versed in the art. We need to end this blood feud with one of us quitting on our own accord.

Now, as for this week. I am facing the only other "doctor" here in the company. There was a time when I used to consider him an enemy and someone like Holmes as my friend. Times have changed and I have no beef with someone of a fellow practice. However, if I dabble in my old profession for a second, Dr. Alhazred is ruling a division that is nearly extinct and he may feel frustrated by the fact there is no competition; no real reason to prove why they are holding those titles. Whilst the Forgotten Powers have definitely earned their belts, how do you prove your worth if there is no challengers? So, I'm guessing he'll be using me, a tag team veteran, as a way to not only vent but to show he is the best of tag team wrestling. I can respect that as I used to do the same but with Holmes lurking around, I'll definitely be on my guard for any shenanigans. So Alhazred will have to bring his "A" game if he's going to take me down.

Steven lets out a big breath.

Wow... that took a while. Well Stace, I should be heading off. Don't want to ruin my hairstyle, do I?

But... you're bald?

Waxing your dome is a hairstyle for bald people.

Steven collects his stuff and is about to walk off until he spots Stacey's bag, looking at it intently.

It's fake by the way.

As he walks off and heads to his car, Stacey thoroughly checks her bag to discover that he was right. Her face almost turns red and is about to scream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back