• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AS30: Phoenix vs. Brad Bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Phoenix and Brad Bomb competed for the Elite X Title, but were unable to seize the championship from Michael Winters. Despite the methods Winters used, both Phoenix and Bomb feel displeased with the outcome and will look to take out their frustrations on each other on Ascension. Who's going to make their cause and move one step closer to re-challenging Winters for the title?

Deadline is Tuesday 19th April 23:59 EST

The scene opens in a basic backstage interviewing area the night of Ascension. Standing alone in front of the camera is Phoenix. He has a calm, but determined look on his face as he begins to speak.

Kingdom Come had all the makings to become the greatest night of my life. I stood on the greatest stage in all of wrestling with the opportunity to become Elite X Champion. I climbed into the ring and worked my ass off to earn that title. And for a few minutes, I was on the path to succeed in that goal. I was flying all over Madison Square Garden and there was no stopping me. I honestly could not, and still can’t remember the last time I had that much fun in a match. That is, until Michael Winters decided to show his true colors and walk through every backdoor possible to retain his title.

Phoenix pauses to run his hands through his hair for a moment before beginning to speak again.

I’ll be honest, I can’t blame you for grabbing the ropes on that pin, Michael. It’s not something I would ever do, but I definitely understand doing anything to win the match and retain the title. It’s what you decided to do after I broke up the pin that is where the trouble really lays. You can blame your actions on whatever higher power you want to, but the fact of the matter is that no real champion resorts to low blows to eliminate a challenger. All you showed at Kingdom Come is that you are a coward and that you don’t believe you can beat myself or Brad Bomb cleanly.

That’s where this week comes in. This week, I face Brad Bomb one-on-one in a match that should significantly influence, if not outright decide who the next challenger to Winters and that Elite X title will be. I can’t discount Bomb as a competitor, as he has taken Winters to the limit each time they have faced off. The problem for Bomb, however, is that the result has been the same every time, with Winters getting the win at Bomb’s expense. Brad can definitely hold his own in the ring and will be one hell of a challenge for me, but he’s had his chances and failed to capitalize on them.

It is time for Winters to get a challenger he hasn’t beaten multiple times to step into the ring with him and face him, one-on-one. This week, I will step into the ring and defeat Brad Bomb. Next week, I will step into the ring and defeat whomever is put in front of me then. And so it will continue until I get my shot against Michael Winters and get both revenge for his cheap shot at Kingdom Come and his Elite X Championship. Brad Bomb will be a challenge, but in the long run, he will be little more than a speed bump on my road to that title. You better start praying now, Michael, because nothing short of divine intervention will be able to protect you from me.

Phoenix stares intensely into the camera as the scene fades to black.

The scene opens to Brad Bomb backstage with a member of staff. Brad Bomb is wearing his street clothes, a pair of jeans and a hoody as he looks on concerned at what the staff member is telling him. The staff member walks off as Bomb picks up his kitbag and walks towards the locker room, just outside he’s stopped by Leon Kensworth.

Hey Brad, are you available for an interview right now?

Just about, Leon.

Last week we saw you definitively lose to Michael Winters at Kingdom Come III, do you think that you can still challenge for the Elite X Championship?

*smiles* First all – definitively? He may have pinned me but he got lucky that I hit the top turnbuckle before nailing me with the Crucifix. Also, the way he deliberately tried to gain leverage from the ropes – as well the cheap shots delivered to Phoenix, the Lord would be ashamed of Winters for the way he’s been possessed by the allure of being champion.

As for challenging for that Elite X Championship – yes I think I have it in me to challenge for it but I also know I can win it. However, there’s a certain Mr. Smith who has first right at the moment, so first off I’m going to address the issue that Phoenix seemed to have at Kingdom Come.

Speaking of Phoenix, you face him this week on Ascension as he had seemingly pinpointed you as the perpetrator behind his pre-Kingdom Come attack. Is there anything you’d like to say on that front?

Well of course I’m going to focus on the match mostly but it seems he can’t see the voice of reason or the actions of a desperate man. I didn’t attack Phoenix and that should be obvious by what happened at Kingdom Come. There was nothing to gain from attacking him; I only have the upmost respect for the likes of Phoenix, Titus, Reynolds, etc. So I have no clue where he got that idea from.

Well then, what’s your approach for the match?

I’m not going to reveal my plans but I’ll let you know something obvious, I’m going in there to win. Hopefully Phoenix can come to his senses, put two and two together and get four ‘cause otherwise he’s only wasting his time and effort before I kick his ass.

You previously alluded to Sam Smith being the first in line for an Elite-X title shot, besides you and Phoenix – do you see anyone else getting the chance to face Winters?

Well first off there’s his opponent this week – Action Saxton. If he gets the win then I’m sure Bateman will have to consider him, otherwise he may kick off claiming “the man is keeping this brother down”. Also, I think Barbosa may like the look of a title around his waist and with him there the main event scene is looking a little ‘crowded’, he could drop down to face off against Winters.

Now that Kingdom Come has passed, we look towards the next Pay-Per-View, Redemption. Realistically where do you think you want to be by then?

Well I hope to be defeating Winters and walking out the Elite X Champion but anything can happen. I mean a month ago I was facing Chris Beckford for the EurAsian Championship and then I found myself at Kingdom Come in a Triple Threat match for the Elite X Championship.

Anything can happen really. This time next month I could be a Tag Team or Mayhem Champion for we know. It’s a fast paced and fickle place here but I’ll know I’ll find something to do here. Even if it means taking a name off my checklist.

Checklist?

Yes Leon. A checklist. There are one or two people I’d like to revisit and send a message to already.

Can you give us any insight to who they are?

Not right now Leon, as it's not that important at the moment. Besides, actions speak louder than words. Right, if you’ll excuse me now. I have a family matter to deal with.

Thank you for your time Brad.

No problem, Leon.

Brad Bomb shakes Leon’s hand and places his bag inside the locker room. He makes sure to grab his keys as he exits the locker room. The confident look upon is face is washed away and replaced by worry. He gets to the car park and into his car and then speeds off.

---

We next see Brad Bomb standing with a figure, hidden by the dim lighting. They’re both looking threw a glass window. The other figure taps the window twice and after a brief pause Brad Bomb crouches down and puts his hand on his head.

Yes. Bomb is clearly welling up. That’s him officer…

The officer nods through the window and puts a hand on Bomb’s shoulder. The scene fades to black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back