AS20: Austin Reynolds vs. Wilhelm Wunderbar vs. Andy Simmons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
The challenges never seem to cease for Ratings Winner Austin Reynolds as the first Ascension after surviving an Inferno Match, he must face Wilhelm Wunderbar and Andy Simmons in a Triple Threat match. While both men are still feeling their way into the company, there's no doubt that both will be motivated to try and get an important victory over the Elite X Champion. Will Austin continue to show his dominance or will there be a surprise in hand?

Deadline for RPs is Tuesday 14th September 23:59 EST

The smell of gas and singed flesh had not left his nostrils when the Ratings Winner was leaving the arena. Unscripted was going to be a huge success but at the moment, Austin felt far from champion. In fact he felt pretty sick and had done since the match.

The pride of retaining his title sunk to the back of his mind because he had been unable to get Beckford out of his mind. Austin was so close to his terribly desperate scream, that even now, it still dominated his thoughts.

Everything about Unscripted was a blur for Austin. Among all his prep, he had never taken into consideration the consequences of defeat. Serious injury and permanent scarring; sure they were the obvious risks but there had been no consideration for the mental risks.

Austin had done enough to ensure Beckford would suffer the traumatic regret of how the match went. But that didn’t resolve whatever this empty feeling that was in Austin’s gut about how it ended.

Maybe it was a perverse happiness. He didn’t want to enjoy it and maybe this whole feud with Beckford, of which this may well be the final and conclusive act, would be something that he would enjoy more later in his career.

And while he was thoroughly enjoying his Elite X title reign, he was struggling to enjoy his continued success. As soon as he was backstage, he had people patting him on his back, telling him it was a great match and congratulating him. It got old very quickly. Austin normally loved this sort of attention. But tonight, nothing felt right and he felt compelled to leave immediately.

As the world begun to pass him by, his mobile vibrated in this pocket. Shaken back to life, he glances at it and sees:

<Hayley>
<Really happy for you babe.
Meet you at hotel.
Surprise ready for tomorrow.
Love u>​

He felt compelled to leave immediately. The night had drained him and seeing Hayley would help him a great deal.

Fifteen minutes later he was in the hotel room three blocks away.

Five minutes after that, he and Hayley were both asleep.

A week later, we see Austin and Dominic at Dom’s Chicago office. It is a pleasant day which ensures the office is bright and airey. Dominic is going through some emails while Austin is surfing the internet on his laptop.

“OK, you need to be at Meltdown about three hours before show time. There’s a meeting and according to this, the talent are going to be expected to cut a promo for the website before their matches this week.”

Austin shrugs his shoulders. He was clearly not totally paying attention.

“The Ratings Spike this week is Steven Holmes. So you will need to school another Crashin Movement. It’s the toff this week; you won’t have a problem with him.”

Barely a mumbling murmur of acknowledgement comes from Austin this time.

“John Constantine has been spouting off again so don’t be surprised if he attempts to stick his big ears in your business.”

Nothing. No reaction at all.

“And Hayley and I have been having an affair behind your back.” Dominic’s brow furrows at Austin’s ignorance. “And you are going to lose the Elite X title in a match against me next week.”

“Dude that’s impossible. You suck.”

Dominic mumbles a couple of expletives under his breath.

“Stay away from the Mrs and my belt. The politician doesn’t bother me and neither does the Eton posh boy.” Austin finally looks up from the screen. “Happy?”

“Smartass”

“I wouldn’t have to be a smartass if you weren’t such a dumbass.”

Dominic chucks a newspaper at Austin but he ducks out the way. Dom exhales impatiently.

“So this week....”

“Yeah this week.”

“Wilhelm.....Wun...die...bere and Andy Simmons. Non-title.”

“Fresh meat.”

“Indeed.”

“A’ight I can deal with that.” Austin’s confidence is astounding and Dominic can’t believe the turnaround in him

“I’ve never heard of them.”

“Talented enough but you know, they are the kind of guys are should be beating in my sleep.”

“Talking of eating......I’m in the mood for a greasy meal. Come on, you can have.....a slice of toast.”

Both men depart, joking as they do so. Austin has cheered up considerably in past few days. Maybe he was looking forward to working again. As he would not be surrounded by fire this time, maybe it was because there was very little risk involved this week?

The scene fades and opens back up to Austin Reynolds in front of a WZCW.com sign. Austin is wearing his ring attire of decorated black tights and the Elite X title sits perfectly on his waist. Next to him, is a microphone on a stand.

“Hey everybody. It’s Austin Reynolds with an exclusive preview on what I have planned for Meltdown and Ascension for WZCW.com. Tonight’s the Ratings Spike featuring Steven Holmes. Tomorrow I face Wilhelm Wunderbar and Andy Simmons on Ascension.”

Austin grabs the mic and puts the stand off camera.

“But don’t turn off because of them as the Ratings Winner is here to keep you enthralled and hooked for the entire show. Just like at Unscripted, where I defied the riskiest match in WZCW history and retained my Elite X title in the process.”

He seems pleased but at the same time, he is quick to move on.

“Tonight I will bring the Ratings Spike back to Meltdown. And despite having the aristocrat with me, I will do my best to keep it the most thrilling and entertaining part of the show. I know that is what you expect every time you see the Ratings Winner on your TV!

“And tomorrow it is the main event, I show you all exactly why Austin Reynolds is the best thing going today.”

Hitting his stride, Austin smiles broadly and he speaks with a real verve.

“And when I see Willy Wonka, I see you are the poster child of how Germans are seen by the world. You are dull, stupid and pig-ignorant to the fact that you are the biggest asshole I think I have ever seen. I can deal with that, I deal with assholes all the time. But you are boring and that is something I cannot tolerate at Ascension.”

Austin knew he could hit on all the German stereotypes and give the European audience something to giggle at. But he also knew that he should not alienate his viewers, with talk of how Germans are viewed as evil and pinch all the good sun-beds on holidays.

“So take all the hatred that you have for everything Americana. Just enjoy the fact that the Ratings Winner will draw the biggest audience that you will ever perform in front of. And as Americans, I hope they boo your dumb ass out of the building. You are anything but wunderbar!”

“And the third factor within this triumvirate of threats is Andy Simmons. Now boy, I can respect what you believe. Unlike our German counterpart, we know that we are only due what our efforts deserve. I know that you believe a higher power is on your side but mate, your luck has run out.”

“I didn’t come through an Inferno match to lose to a pair of upstarts who are in their first match out of kindergarten. I’m fresh off stealing the show on pay-per-view, a stage you can only dream of reaching and have done it in front of millions of fans.”

Austin’s determination that he will not lose this encounter is clear. He knows he has the experience here and he is content in the knowledge that Simmons and Wunderbar have had encounters recently and there is little chance of them working against him.

“Part of a champion’s duty is to overcome the challenges put before him. This is a challenge on the road to more challenges, on Ascension and pay-per-view and it is one that I have to overcome. I plan on being the longest reigning Elite X champion and I am barely half way there.”

There was a challenge to overcome regardless and triple threat was a fitting name for such an occasion, where there were plenty of chances for things to go wrong.

“I will need to survive this and many more challenges if I am going to reach that goal. But Wilhelm, Simmons, I will beat you at Ascension because I have to get to that next milestone. The fans demand it, the Ratings Winner expects it and I will deliver again.”

“Ascension is my show and you kids have got nothing on me!”

Austin had set himself this challenge of beating this Elite X title record and was intent on achieving it. He had shown real skill in surviving up until this point and knew that he would not achieve this goal without severe pressure beforehand. Whether that be Constantine, Phoenix or Blade, he would need to show his worth before he could lay claim to this record.

The video ends with Austin smilng, proud as punch and pointing to his Elite X title.

Kensworth: So Wilhelm, how did it feel to be voted off the card at Unscripted?

WZCW Unscripted: Moments before Constantine vs a fan selected opponent

The potential opponents of “The Power Trip”, minus the absent Everest are waiting backstage to be called out to be informed who will wrestling against the egotistical polititian. Wunderbar is bored. Constantine’s opponent is irrelevant to him. He knows that it won’t be him, and though the match will provide him with footage to study, he won’t be able to study it until he is out of the country that murdered his father.

Crew Member: Crashin, Hammond, Gordito, Wonderbar you’re on in 10... 9... 8...

Harrys: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome: Doug Crashin, Scott Hammond, Gordito and Wilhelm Wunderbar!

“Das Kaizer” takes his cue and walks towards the curtain

The four men walk out onto the stage, followed by Myles and Bateman.

Bateman: Due to Everest not turning up to the arena this evening, we have disqualified him from the voting.

An interesting development, though one ultimately irrelevant to Wunderbar.

The crowd boo slightly as Constantine smirks inside the ring.

Myles: Can we please have the results of the voting from WZCW.com!

Doug Crashin 30%
Scott Hammond 6.67%
Gordito 20%
Wilhelm Wunderbar 13.33%

Wunderbar glances at the titantron showing the percentages, and is unsurprised that he is not selected.

The crowd boo more as Doug Crashin raises his arms and Constantine starts laughing within the ring. Black Betty hits and Crashing starts walking down to the ring flexing his arms and looking focused.

As the leader of the Crashin Movement walks to the ring, Wunderbar turns and walks back through the curtain. He is going back to his hotel room to collect his things, before catching an early flight to Germany where the Pay Per View will be waiting for him on DVR.

5 Minutes Later

On his way out of the arena he bumps into WZCW interviewer Leon Kensworth

Leon Kensworth: Uhh Mr Wunderbar, where are you going? The show’s not over yet.

Wilhem Wunderbar: As far as I care Kensworth, it is. Now if you wouldn’t mind getting out of my way I have better things to do than talk to you.

Kensworth: Can I interview you before you go?

Wunderbar: I have to be at the airport in 2 hours, so no. If you want to interview me at a time when I truely do have nothing better to do than talk to an insignificant American bottom feeder such as yourself, call my secretary.

Wunderbar hands Kensworth a business card

Kensworth: Thanks, I’ll do that

Wunderbar senses that Kensworth is annoyed by this. Good. He’ll be more annoyed when his secretary informs the pathetic creature that he is unavailable to be interviewed. Some people were worth his time. Kensworth was not one of them. Even informing the fool that Das Kaizer finds his continuing existence an insult was a task to be delegated whilst he did more important things.

Berlin, Germany: One week later

Wunderbar is sitting in his office, a cream walled room furnished with only a desk, chair, high end computer, a phone and a German flag hanging on the wall behind him. The phone rings. It’s his secretary, Julia Schmidt.

Julia: Guten Abend Mein Kaizer. That American Arsloch Leon Kensworth called. I’ve told him that you’re able to be interviewed just before Ascention 20, and that he can meet you in a coffee shop near to the arena.

Wunderbar is annoyed by this. He’d specifically told her that an interview with Kensworth was an unacceptable occurance

Wunderbar: Julia, What did I tell you to do with Kensworth?

Julia: Inform him that your schedule was full and that an interview was impossible.

Wunderbar: So why, pray tell am I being interviewed by the leech?

Julia:
Because if I refused he threatened to pay off your driver and interview you whilst you were on the way to the hotel.

Wunderbar: Du dumme schlampe! It is easier to find another company to take me to my hotel than it is to sit through an interview with that odious gnat Leon Kensworth.

Julia: I’m sorry Sir, but I...

Wunderbar: Spare me your insincere apologies, you pathetic girl. Is there anything else that you want to tell me about?

Julia: You’re scheduled to be in a triple threat match against Andy Simmons and Austin Reynolds at Ascention.

Wunderbar: Anything else that you haven’t mentioned?

Julia: No sir.

Wunderbar: Very well.

He moves to hang up, but stops at the last moment.

Wunderbar: Oh and Julia, could you pencil this in for between 1:30 and 3:00 next Thursday “Interviews for new Secretary”. Your services are no longer required.

Wunderbar smiles. He might be in a match with two walking, talking examples of why he hates Englishmen and Americans, but that merely allowed him the chance to show his superiority to them both.

He might have to grit his teeth through an interview with Leon Kensworth, but firing the useless bitch responsible for allowing the interview to take place had been punished. Firing the incompetent woman had pleased him immensely. His anger management therapist would be ecstatic, he’d received news that he was being forced to spend time with three people he despised without breaking anything. It was a pity that the therapist had stopped seeing him after the third time Wunderbar attacked him.

Two Hours before Ascention 20, in a Starbucks near the arena

Wunderbar is disgusted as he looks at the lurid sign of the coffee outlet. He takes a deep breath, grits his teeth and walks through the door. Kensworth spots him immediately.

Kensworth: Ah, Mr. Wunderbar, so glad you could join me

Wunderbar: That makes one of us.

Kensworth laughs nervously.

Kensworth: Very funny Wilhelm. Let’s get started.

Wunderbar's fists clench under the table. Oblivious to this Kensworth takes the German’s silence as agreement and signals to the cameraman to start filming.

Kensworth: So Wilhelm, how did it feel to be voted off the card at Unscripted?

Wunderbar: For the second time in as many interviews Leon Kensworth I must remind you that you are to refer to me as Kaizer Wilhelm. That is my title, use it in future. As for how I felt, I was not surprised to be left off the card. In fact I wouldn’t have shown up if I was not forced to.

Kensworth:
Why is that?

Wunderbar: For the simple reason that I am not a fool, and therefore could logically deduce that I was not likely to be selected as the pathetic politician’s opponent. I was the best man in that poll, and if the fans had voted for me, John Constantine would have fallen to me. But as WZCW fans are mostly American morons, they voted against me. That was a choice as predictable as it was moronic. The time I was forced to spend in America was wasted.

Kensworth: Ok, now what do you think about your opponents in your triple threat match later today?

Wunderbar: I despise them both.

Kensworth: Want to elaborate?

Wunderbar: You know how I feel about Andrew Simmons being a representation of everything I hate about Americans. As for Austin Reynolds, I regard him as a clown with an unwarranted feeling of self importance. I spent years around clowns and acrobats, and I despise their kind. Men like Austin Reynolds are the reason my knee hurts constantly. In short they are examples of what I despise, and as such I loathe them as well.

Kensworth: Do you have a game plan going in to the match?

Wunderbar: Several. Not that I am going to divulge them to you, other than to say that they all end with my arm being raised as the victor.

Kensworth: Finally, do you have any messages for the fans?

Wunderbar:
Yes I do. WZCW fans, I am “Das Kaizer” Wilhelm Wunderbar. You won’t forget it. When you did not vote me into the match against John Constantine, you made a big mistake. Not only because I was superior to your other choices, but because I am better than John Constantine. In fact, I am the best wrestler employed by this company. Not only because I am genetically gifted with Germanic excellence, but because of who I am. I am a person who fought to be able to walk again. I am a person who has fought his way from having nothing to being the single greatest wrestler to walk the hallowed halls of WZCW. By the anniversary of your refusal to vote for the better man, you will all see how much better than each of you pathetic maggots I am. By the anniversary of WZCW Unscripted you will all HEIL... DAS... KAIZER!

His words spoken Wilhelm Wunderbar walks out of the sickening coffeeshop and towards the arena to prepare for what will surely be his next, and thus far greatest victory in his short WZCW career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back