AS16: Steven Holmes vs. Alexander Steele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Steven Holmes goes from a veteran to a newcomer this week against Alexander Steele who won his Contract last week on Meltdown. After a superb display to earn the EurAsian Champion's respect, will Steven Holmes be motivated to bounce back from defeat or will Alexander Steele show how to do it in one go?

Deadline is Tuesday 8th June 2010, 23:59EST

It’s Night in Springfield, Missouri and Meltdown 40 is in progress. We move into the trainer’s room as Steven Holmes is still in his wrestling attire and is sat on an examination table. He has an ice-pack on his neck as the trainer checks to see if he has damaged anything else. Suddenly, Leon Kensworth enters with a microphone in hand. He looks eager to get a word with Holmes. The trainer finishes his examination of Holmes and gives him the thumbs up. He exits. Kensworth takes his place in front of Holmes.

Kensworth: Mr. Holmes, you’ve just come off your first match as an official member of the WZCW, how does it feel?

Holmes stares at Kensworth as if he’s an idiot.

Holmes: You can see that I have an ice-pack on my neck can’t you?

Kensworth: Um, yes but what were your feelings as you entered the match? Nervous? Excited?

Holmes: Just because I have an ice pack on my neck doesn’t mean I won’t kick your backside from here to London and back again.

Kensworth looks worried.

Kensworth: I-I’m just trying to do my job.

Holmes: (In a mocking fashion) ‘I-I’m just trying to do my job’.

Holmes shakes his head and looks at Kensworth in disgust. Kensworth looks visibly upset. Holmes starts to feel some sympathy for him.

Holmes: All right, ask your questions.

Kensworth: O-okay. Mr. Holmes, what was it like to make your debut here tonight?

Holmes: It was an interesting night. I took a man who had been on the war path and I took him to his very limit. You know how many people have done that? Very few is the answer. While I may have lost the battle to Dave, the war has yet to be won.

Kensworth: At the end of your match, you seemed to have earned Dave’s respect.

Holmes: Respect is a mighty fine thing but it doesn’t get you anywhere in this business, that’s why next time I go toe-to-toe with Dave, I’m going to make sure he knows that Aristocracy Reigns!

Kensworth: Well moving on and it’s just been announced that your next match will be on Ascension 16 next week with the winner of this week’s Contract Battle Royale; Alexander Steele.

Holmes: Did you say Ascension?

Kensworth: Yes, Ascension 16.

Holmes: They’re sticking me on a second rate show that has second rate talent? You know what the highlight of Ascension is?

Kensworth shakes his head.

Holmes: The Mayhem division. That’s the damn highlight. A bunch of guys smacking each other over the skulls with weapons, foreign objects. Trash T.V. is what it is and I’m facing who exactly?

Kensworth: Alexander Steele, he won the Contract Battle Royale earlier tonight.

Holmes: So they’re sticking me with a guy who won one of the easiest Contract Battle Royale’s in history? I had to put out a 550 pound monster named Toyota, as in the car, and he had to put out a damn pothead. That’s wonderful. All I can say about this match is that I’m going to massacre him. They’ll need to alert A & E about the sheer brutality and viciousness that I dish out. I’m in a foul mood after receiving the Stamp of Authority and I’m going to dish it out on this poor soul. I almost feel sorry for him for you see, Steele will rue the day his mother gave birth to him. He faces a thousand burning suns when I’m in that ring and he will feel the heat.

Holmes begins to laugh but stops soon afterwards.

Holmes: You know what the funniest thing is?

Kensworth shakes his head.

Holmes: The funniest thing is that I have to break this kid in.

Kensworth: Well actually his father is an Indy legend and Alexander was in a Canadian promotion named SCCW.

Holmes: I’m supposed to be afraid of this man? I’m supposed to be scared of him because his father was a legend on the independent circuit?

Kensworth: I never said you were afraid I just indicated that he has more experience than you give him credit for. You were the one who brought up being afraid.

There is a sudden nervousness in Holmes’ voice.

Holmes: W-well I think you’ll find that I’m not afraid of him or his damn father. There’s probably a reason why his father only performed on the Indy scene; he wasn’t good enough to make it in promotions like WZCW.

The brash confidence once again returns to Holmes.

Holmes: Is he going to get his father to come down and beat me up for him? I don’t think so. It’s him versus me and his father’s legacy has nothing to do with it. And as for this Canadian promotion, SCCW, whoever heard of that? And what exactly does SCCW stand for anyway? ‘Simply Crap Canadian Wrestling’?

Holmes laughs loudly and Kensworth joins in nervously. Holmes stops abruptly and Kensworth soon follows.

Holmes: In fact, I’m so confident in my victory that I’ll make you a bet Leon. I’ll bet you that if I can’t defeat Alexander Steele, I’ll pay you and him $10,000 each. How does that sound?

Kensworth is hesitant at first but quickly grabs Holmes’ hand and shakes it frantically. He begins to leave.

Kensworth: That sounds like a deal to me.

Holmes: Good man. Just don’t expect a miracle. This isn’t a storybook. I’m going to make sure Alexander Steele doesn’t have a happily ever after.

The screen fades to black.

(Little OOC note: I know there are a lot of characters involved in the roleplay, don't expect that to be the norm, I wanted a way to introduce the support cast so I added them all in. This is more like a one time deal for them all to appear at the same time. I hope you all enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.)

Friday, 28 May 2010
Springfield, Missouri
Meltdown Locker Room

Alexander Steele has claimed his WZCW contract by doing just as he said he would, he beat every man that entered the ring against him in the Battle Royale, personally ensuring that each man was thrown from the ring himself. He sat down on the bench in the locker room, unlacing his boots and getting ready to head home for the night. Finished with the laces he pulls his gym bag from under the bench and pulls out a pair of shoes, track pants, and a simple gray t-shirt. He slips his wrestling boots into the bag and stands up to pull the track pants on.

As he pulls the pants up to his waist, he notices that Big Dave and Austin Reynolds are in the locker room with him. He can’t believe that he missed seeing them earlier but he shrugged lightly and didn’t give it a second thought. He noticed that they were talking, but knew it didn’t concern him, at least he didn’t think it did until the men were on their way out. Alex offered them both a friendly smile, showing them the respect that a rookie should by the men just simply being champions.

"Is there something I can help you with? A beating perhaps? I expect you to know your place!"

Big Dave spoke to Alex as he stopped in front of him; it was obvious that he wasn’t impressed with Alex by the condescending comment to WZCW’s newest acquisition. Dave’s words struck Alex, he hadn’t expected a warm welcome from many, let alone a welcome from anyone, but Alex let it slide off like water on a frog’s back.

Austin Reynolds smirked at Dave’s comment before he shifted his title along his shoulder, making sure Alex could see it perfectly as well as the name plate that read ‘Austin Reynolds’. He wanted to ensure that this new rookie wouldn’t forget his name or his face.

“I would say that you did a great job out there, but I could’ve ended the match as soon as the bell rang. I think a dead kitten could’ve won that Battle Royale faster and with more flare.”

Reynolds laughed some at his own comment, one which made Alex raise an eyebrow, he wasn’t exactly sure how to take what was being said to him, but he was certain that it wasn’t disappearing from his thoughts like Big Dave’s had. His good mood was diminishing thanks to these two jerks.

“You know… Mr. Reynolds… it takes more than a leather strap adorned with some gold plates to make you an actual champion.”

Alex retorted, feeling the need to defend himself verbally now. Both Big Dave and Austin Reynolds were surprised by the rookie’s comment. They almost seemed impressed by the fact that this kid has just stood up for himself rather than just simply bow down to them, but almost was as far from the mark as the Joker is to being sane.

“Yeah? It takes more than being a rookie wrestler from a low budget, never heard of, backwards wrestling promotion in Canada to make a champion boy. Your father might be a legend but no one’s ever heard of him, and you’re career’s about to end and no one will care.”

Austin replied, one could hear the distain in his voice, Alex had offended him. Big Dave, said nothing else, he simply glared at the rookie. Alex on the other hand, stood there, looking between the two WZCW champions and finally stepped back. He’d learned to pick his battles and right now that battle would be a losing one. He more than make up for it when he was in the ring with either one of them, he just had to make it to that point.

Big Dave and Austin Reynolds watched as Alex sat back down on the bench to get ready to leave. They took it as a victory over the rookie, showing him that he needs to watch his mouth from now on. Both men smirked and walked out of the locker room, leaving what was almost their first target of the night to survive one more week.

Alex shook his head, he can’t believe that he’d just backed down from a fight, let alone on his first night in WZCW, but he thought it better than actually going toe to toe with both men by himself. He finally pulled his shoes on and then tugged his shirt down over his head before standing up once more and grabbing his gym bag. Alex stepped out of the locker room and turned down the corridor, heading toward the exit sign as the scene fades into black.

Monday, 31 May 2010
Boston, Massachusetts
Steele Residence

Alex stands in his back yard, wearing a cooking apron and swimming trunks. He’s begun to grill food while waiting on friends and family to show up for a Memorial Day cook out. He shifts from side to side looking at the burgers he’s got going on the grill, beginning to wonder where everyone was at. Mazi was supposed to have already been there, and he figured that his father and step-mother would’ve arrived by now.

He begins to turn the burgers on the grill, as he does so he hears a car pull up. He makes a guess in his head that it’s probably his father and waits for the confirmation. He smiles some as his guess is confirmed since he can hear the strikes of his father’s cane on the paved driveway. Alex begins to wonder how this encounter will play out, knowing that his dad is watching every move in the wrestling industry that he’s doing.

“Alex!”

He hears the woman’s voice, he now knows that they’ve made it around to the backyard already, or at least Ashley did. He smiled and turned around, watching his step-mom walk over to him, once she was in range, he stepped toward her and they shared a hug. Ashley had taken Alex into her home, when Jason has discovered him as his son, as if she had birthed him herself. He always liked that he had her to turn to in the past if his father was being a prick.

“It’s so good to have you home from Canada.”

“Don’t get used to it mom, I won a contract with WZCW, but I’ll be on television globally. So you can still see me every Friday or Saturday.”

Alex replied to her, calling her mom because to him, she was his mom. He wasn’t that young when his biological mother died but he’d adopted Ashley as his mom the same day she adopted him as her son. He was beginning to wonder where his dad was, but he knew with the cane that his father was in a great deal of pain, so he would be moving slowly.

Before he could even ask Ashley where his dad was he couldn’t hear the hollow stamp of the wooden cane he used. So he knew the man was close, but he had no idea that he was a mere 10 feet away, watching his interactions with Ashley. The old man’s voice startled him a bit when he finally spoke up and made his presence known.

“So you got your contract… I suppose you want me to be proud of you and congratulate you. But you know, I’m not going to do that. You couldn’t have beaten any more worthless rejects in the history of professional wrestling. The level of competition in that Battle Royale was non-existent, so I wouldn’t hold my head up so high son. You had a good thing going in Simcoe County; I just can’t believe you threw all that away.”

Alex shook his head; that was his dad in a nutshell, always disapproving and never thinking Alex was working hard enough to obtain his goals. But today was Memorial Day and a few days ago Alex had won a contract to compete in WZCW, he wasn’t about to let his father get him down.

“Come on dad, can we not go one meeting without talking about wrestling? I know you’re disappointed with me, I understand that you want me to go crawling back to Canada, but I’m not going to. I work for WZCW now, like it or not, and I’m going to make something of myself. You can be proud of me later when I’m at the top where the real competition is. But for today, just give it a rest; let’s try to be a family.”

He replied, wanting to set the record straight, at least for the moment. He knows that Jason won’t quit going on about this, and he knows that his father is just trying to push him, but sometime he goes about it the wrong way.

Somehow, Alex missed a car pulling up into his drive way as he spoke to his family. The car carried his best friend, Ava, whom he wasn’t expecting to show up. He was making small talk with his family while Ava was inside of his house; he was home so the doors were not locked.

“Oh yeah, I drove around some of the country side before I came home. I really liked it up there in Canada, I’m keeping my apartment there, I figured I can visit during the winter and what not. You guys are…”

Alex stopped everything he was doing, speaking in dead sentence and putting a hot dog on the grill, as he stared at the back door, his parents turned to look at what he was staring at, it must have been interesting to make him stop dead sentence. Coming out of the back door was Ava in nothing but an apron, this caused Alex to drop the hot dog on the floor and Ava simply laughed at him.

“So this is where the party is at.”

She teased as Ashley raised an eyebrow nudging Jason in the ribs as if to tell him to say something. They’d met Ava a few times before and knew she was a little out there, that she enjoyed being nude most of the time, she’d told them that much. Alex picked up the hot dog just in time for Mazi, Alex’s girlfriend, to arrive at the backyard in her bikini to see Alex standing close to the nearly nude Ava with the hot dog at waist level.

“ALEXANDER ANTHONY STEELE!”

She yelled, not being very fond of Ava, as it was instances like this that really pissed her off. Alex tossed the hot dog onto a plate, pitched the tongs at his father and took off running toward the pool with Mazi in hot pursuit. He dove into the water as if it would help him get away from a raging girlfriend, leaving Ava and his parents to laugh at him as the scene faded to black.

Wednesday, 02 June 2010
Ascension Recording Studio

The camera flickered on showing WZCW rookie Alexander Steele, standing in front of a blue Ascension backdrop. He had the option of changing to a plain backdrop but he chose to stick with the Ascension one. He was talking to one of the production crew, more specifically, the boom operator who was laughing.

“So, Mazi was pissed off, thankfully though I was able to calm her down after my mom got Ava to put some clothes on. Your Memorial Day sounded fun, but mine was a blast.”

Alex laughed, explaining what happened after his girlfriend showed up at the cookout. Things had gone well after Ava put some clothes on even though Mazi still wasn’t happy about her being there. He smiled as the boom operator finally stopped laughing, it was then that Alex realized that the camera was recording and then laughed a moment.

“Well, isn’t that awkward? You all coming in on the tail end of the conversation without even know what I was talking about. Unfortunately, it’s not really that important, what is important is the moment of right now. I introduced myself a week ago and I guaranteed that I would walk away from that Battle Royale with a WZCW contract in hand. Last week, I had to face the weakest competition I’ve ever had to face, I don’t want to sound over confident but it’s true.”

“Almost anyone could have walked out of that match as the winner, provided I wasn’t in the match. That being said, I made good on my guarantee, just the first of many that will come true. This week, I face a man who impressed people during his contract Battle Royale. He received a contract and apparently for good reason, last week on Meltdown he impressed people by taking Big Dave to the limit, while I admire that, I cannot allow this man to enjoy a winning streak started against me.”

Alex spoke, he seemed laid back, almost relaxed and yet his face told the story of determination, showing the viewers that he wasn’t about to walk into this match overconfident or underestimated. He shifted his weight from both of his legs to just right as he moved into a stride like stance.

“I never expected a warm welcome from anyone here in WZCW, people hearing about my father and about my stint in an independent promotion. I know some, if not most, will turn their noses up at me and walk on past, so I have everything to prove here. I crushed my opposition in the Battle Royale and now I step into the ring with someone who’s already viewed as a contender.”

He paused and took a deep breath; his relaxed, laid back appearance was disappearing before the camera’s very lens. The young wrestler shifted back to his original stance and pulled his arms up to his chest where he crossed them. He stared into the camera and smiled a bit.

“Steven Holmes, you’re walking into a trap, one that you’ve laid all on your very own. You’re underestimating me in the worst way possible. You think that you’re breaking me in, that the last year of my experience is completely meaningless. While neither you, nor anyone else here, has ever heard of me, not doing your research and proclaiming victory over me already will ultimately be your down fall.”

“I’m not standing here claiming that I’m the best wrestler to walk these halls, but I know my strengths and weaknesses, I know what I’m capable of and I’ve seen when you’re capable of. You’ve not seen nor do you know anything about me. You seem to be too busy worrying about being in the ring with a rookie or being in the ring of the ‘B Show’. These are not things I’m worried about, if management wants me on what I’ve heard a few call the ‘B Show’, I’ll do my damnedest to make it the ‘A Show’.”

“When Ascension rolls around, you and I enter that ring opposite one another, and that bell rings, the fans are going to know that Saturday night’s edition of Ascension will be the best one in recorded history. You and I are going to put on one hell of a match even if I have to drag you through it. Finally, by the time that you just can’t take anymore, I’ll end whatever suffering you’ll be enduring. You will not start a winning streak against me, as a matter of fact, I have a good feeling you might just choke.”

Alex’s demeanor changes as he finishes speaking and uncrosses his arms, the smile that he had prior to speaking on his opponent was still there on his face, he wasn’t worried about winning or losing, he was concerned with earning respect, Holmes had shown him none and now he was determined to make Steven respect him.

“I also said last week that everyone else in the back was put on notice. This hasn’t changed in the slightest, if you doubted me before, just pay close attention to Ascension this week, Steven Holmes will be the final notice.”

Alexander smiled one last time at the camera before he stepped out of frame and walked over to the boom operator and continued his discussion from earlier. As their chatter could be heard, it couldn’t be completely made out; the camera began to fade to black as the audio started to fade to silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back