• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AS15: Austin Reynolds vs. Scott Hammond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
AS151.jpg

Both men saw titles go opposite ways last week with Reynolds gaining the Elite X Championship and Hammond losing the Mayhem Championship. How will the new and former champion fare in their first ever encounter? Will Hammond rebound quickly or will Reynolds show his stature as a strong Elite X Champion?

Deadline is Tuesday 25th May 23:59 EST

(The scene fades into a wide angle shot of Wembley Stadium in London, England. The camera pans into the large playing field inside and then around the ground. Scott Hammond can be seen in the dug-out, where managers and players sit during games with his head in his hands. Leon Kensworth walks through a small door to the right with a cameraman and assumes a position next to Hammond)

Leon Kensworth: Scott, I know this must have been a tough few days for you since losing your Mayhem Title match against The KillJoy. Can you give us any idea what your thinking right now?

Scott Hammond: To be honest Leon, I am feeling a little bittersweet. The loss of my title after holding it for three months is a bitter blow. I pride myself on being the very best I can be. And my waist now feels a little naked without championship gold around it.

Leon Kensworth: But you did give another excellent performance, and many are saying that you shouldn't put yourself down as you've had an impressive title run.

Scott Hammond: I have taken immense pride in my first title run here in WZCW, and I do not intend on it being my last. KillJoy, you are probably wondering why it is that I shook your hand after our title match on MeltDown. It was because that for the first time in my career here, I actually threw everything that I had at you, and you took it. You took all of it. I know when I have been defeated and MeltDown, you have shown that your mask meant more to you than anything. For that KillJoy, I say...thank you. Thank you for pushing me to limits that I never imagined possible. You are one crazy bastard, but you knew exactly what you were doing. You have my respect, and I commend you on your win. But be warned, you now have a massive target on that chest of yours, every Mayhem Rules wannabe will be after what is over your shoulder.

Leon Kensworth: Wow Scott, I don't think I have ever seen you so humble...

Scott Hammond: When you are taken to the limit like I was Leon, you humble yourself.

Leon Kensworth: Okay...well moving onto this week, you are facing the newly crowned Elite X Champion Austin Reynolds. He has had an amazing week, where as you have had the complete opposite. Do you think you can bounce back?

Scott Hammond: Of course I can Leon. I went weeks without a win when I first started here in WZCW and I still bounced back. You see, part of the reason I am here in Wembley Stadium is for the tranquility. I am trying new things to prepare for every match I am scheduled. Austin Reynolds has had an excellent run in to become the new Elite X Champion, but winning a title like that pretty much with a low blow to Karnage, was a little...cheap. Which is something that Austin knows all about coming from the 'West End' of London. Tell me Austin, is that slang for the sleezy streets of Soho, or is it because you are ashamed of where you come from. You see Austin, low blows and weapons were completely legal in the division that I have just come from, so getting back to technical wrestling would be quite a job for anyone else. But for me its my bread and butter, and I am as certain to beat you this coming week on Ascension as you were a cheat for winning that very belt. You theme music is something is obviously very ironic to me Austin...Headstrong...the only strong thing about you my friend is your body odour and come Ascension, I will show the world just how much of a paper champion you really are. Have a nice evening Leon.

Leon Kensworth: (looking at the camera) Harsh words there from Scott Hammond, roll on Ascension.

(Hammond is seen slowly santering away as the scene fades to black)

Hayley, the fiancé of the WZCW Elite X Champion Austin Reynolds is seen lying on the red counch of their Chicago penthouse apartment. The Elite X title gleams on her stomach and she taps it rhythmically with her fingertips.

“Baby!?”

Austin pops his head in from the balcony.

“Yeah babe.”

“Where are we going this week?”

“Erm....not sure. I wasn’t really paying attention to Dom when he said. I know I’m facing one of the chumps from the Mayhem division though.” He goes back to cleaning the windows outside.

“I’m glad.”

“Why?” Austin comes in and sits on the neck of the sofa above Hayley.

“Well, I think this suits me.” She poses with the belt to show him.

“You mean me?”

“Yeah.” She giggles. “That too. Besides, this title is the key to your future. This will be what elevates above the likes of that Scotty Hambugger.”

“Hammond, like hamster.”

“Awww, Hammy.” She says this with a cheesy grin on her face. Austin can tell she is having a funny five minutes. He comes back in and takes the belt from her before draping it over his shoulder.

“Now baby, this is serious business. I’m a champion now and my responsibilities are increasing by the day.” Austin is clearly bursting with pride and he looks intensely at the faceplate with his name indented on it. “This belt is the gateway to the future, the key to World Championships. Nobody seems to understand how crucial, how important that this title is. I heard even Titus badmouthed it the other day. If our own World Champion can’t understand how crucial this title was to his career then I’m going to make him and the rest of the roster see it very clearly.”

He pulls Hayley up from her seated position and wraps his arms around her waist. She pulls the belt off his shoulder and puts across hers.

“Blade is exactly what I said he was; a weak transition to this era of ratings and dazzling quality. I’m going to show exactly why I will be Elite X champion for a very long time.” Hayley hugs the belt as Austin reaffirms his desire. “Scott Hammond is not even in my sport, let alone my league. He has no class and no respectable qualities of any sort. He is going to get a masterclass in five star quality and with millions watching what will inevitably be the highest rated part of the night.”

Austin is clearly on top of the world and standing in front of him are the two reasons why. He couldn’t be happier.

“And soon he will be back down in the dumps of the Mayhem division, opening the show with the garbage workers, waiting for the real stars to get the crowd going.”

His confidence is far from diminished by the recent comments attributed to Scott Hammond. And why would it be?

“He doesn’t know what he is getting himself in for. My run to the top is only just beginning and Hammond is not going to be a roadblock.”

Austin feels untouchable and his momentum shows no signs of stopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back