As if Jersey Shore wasn't bad enough ...

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
Well, for those in the US, you know that TNA iMPACT! is on Thursday nights. I'm guessing it's on 9-11 PM for everyone. Now a show that comes on at 10 PM on another station, is Jersey Shore(I always watch it AFTER iMPACT because it repeats the same episode at 11.)

Right now, Jersey Shore is like the King of Cable t.v. shows (this season's premiere was watched by 8.4 million viewers.)

Now usually WWE raw is considered a cable network juggernaut and they average around 4.5(past week had 4.6)-5 million viewers a broadcast, so you can see how popular Jersey Shore really is.

And if Jersey Shore wasn't bad enough for TNA on thursday nights, now there is the new A&E series "Beyond Scared Straight."

The debut of BSS drew 3.7 million viewers, 2.2 million of them in the 18-49 demographic and 2.1 million in 25-54 for the 90-minute premiere.

Anyway, I just wanted to post this thread to show people what TNA is up against. And it's not like WWE isn't up against touch comp with MNF and all, but cable wise they're on top on monday nights.

I wanted to make a post about this because all day I've been thinking, It'd be nice to have TNA on tonight(Saturday). For those that remember, TNA use to be on at like 11 PM on saturday, and it was a treat(adrenaline rush, adrenaline rush.)

I know your not going to get anywhere ratings wise with that, but I've always enjoyed being able to see wrestling on late (Nitro use to be on till like 2 AM showing a repeat of that night's show, I remember seeing Sting vs VaderI(WCW) really late at night once (no idea who was broadcasting it.)

I kinda feel like TNA could do well if it were put on Wednesday nights (what the hell is on wednesday's?) but I don't feel like it's a good wrestlng night, redgardless of whatever else is on that night. The only thing I can think of that is on Wed's is The Ultimate Fighter (when it's on.)

Btw, TUF 13 premieres on like March 30th and wil run till early June, when Lesnar will face Dos Santos (winner getting a shot at Velasquez.) So freaking long ...

I'm not sure when I started to become obsessed with Velvet Sky (Always saw myself as an Angelina Love guy) but now she's been popping up in my dreams, and I gotta say .. I'm not disappoint.

[YOUTUBE]2h2bhDQx_z0[/YOUTUBE]

If TNA had the popularity WWE has, this wouldn't matter. Wrestling fans will tune into a wrestling show over some Jersey-based trash, and a show about Big Bubba scaring the kiddies. We're not talking about the NFL here. If TNA cannot secure enough viewers, it has only it's poor programming to blame.

If TNA had the popularity WWE has, this wouldn't matter. Wrestling fans will tune into a wrestling show over some Jersey-based trash, and a show about Big Bubba scaring the kiddies. We're not talking about the NFL here. If TNA cannot secure enough viewers, it has only it's poor programming to blame.

How do you explain Smackdown then, which now has basically the same rating as TNA iMPACT?

And btw, it's not as simple as "wrestling fans will tune into wrestling" since most wrestling fans are not HARDCORE wrestling fans, there fans of "(wrestling) entertainment" and most are little kids (for WWE.)

And now MNF Football is over. What does RAW have to worry about now, the freaking Bachelor, which doesn't bother them because it's being watched by a woman's demographic so men 18-49 is an open market.

I just wanted to point out a new threat to TNA's broadcast. Thursday nights are usually a good night of TV, like Thirsty Thursdays, they match up well. TNA throughtout the year has to compete with Jersey Shore (almost double the viewers of RAW last week), now Beyond Scared Straight, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, The Office(all of NBC's thursday night comedy, etc.)

I watch all four of those shows I've named and I'm a huge supporter of TNA. And of the four, TNA is the easiest to watch on the internet.

Wrestling fans in general like trash TV (WWF Attitude ERA, Jersey Shore, Scared Straight, all of MTV broadcasting.)

*Forgot to say that all the shows I've named on thursday nights take up a good percentage of males 12-54 demographics. Were as right now, WWE's biggest competition appears to be women's shows, now that MNF is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back