AS 68: Titus vs. Dr. Coberer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
AscensionLogo_zpsb7f1c564.jpg

Titus just won't quit. Despite doctor's orders and the assault by Vega on Ascension 67, Titus keeps refusing to take time off. Now, he will stumble into a match with one of the most-hyped rookie in awhile. Dr. Coberer bit into competition on Aftershock 26 to win his first-ever match. But, how will the snake size up against one of WZCW's greatest living legends?

Deadline is Wednesday, September 4th, 11:59 PM Central Time. Extensions via request.

A dark room is shown with parts lit up. You can make out Titus is stood up but you can't see his full face.

Titus: I'm sorry.

There's a pause.

Titus: I'm genuinely sorry.

There's another pause.

Titus: From the bottom of my heart I am.

He sighs.

Titus: It's embarrassing.

Titus punches his fist.

Titus: Since that match with K.O. I've heard what people have said. They want to make a name for themselves. It has happened since the first Meltdown show, they come and I take them on. I move on and more comes. It's the circle of life. Yet with K.O. I failed. Twice.

He pauses.

Titus: Yet the road to redemption begins. I'm not talking about the show, I'm talking about the art of recovery. We'll see this on Ascension in the best possible way.

Another pause.

Titus: Dr. Coberer is the man I shall be facing.

You can hear Titus sigh.

Titus: Easy! I'm sure that's what he's thinking. We've seen Celeste, Chris and Vega get the best of me in recent weeks. Why not add a Coberer? Titus is defeated...his heart is not in it...he wants out they say. The Doctor is a man who wants to make his mark on this industry, this company and my body.

Titus steps forward he is now fully visible in the light.

Titus: They're all interlinked. You want your stamp on this business then you start at WZCW. You want to mark your stamp on WZCW you start with me.

Titus takes off his t-shirt and throws it on the floor.

Titus: Look at this Coberer! Look at this!

Titus points to his body which is scarred all over.

Titus: This tells a tale more than any Oscar winning performance could bring. Each mark on this body, each scar is a testament to my life. This isn't just a guy covered in wounds, everything has purpose.

Titus is getting quite riled up now.

Titus: Vengeance, Ty Burna, Carmen Bratchny, Big Dave, Steamboat Ricky, Action Saxton, Celeste Crimson, Barbossa, Kurtesy, Showtime, Constantine, Matt Tastic, Mohammed Hasheem, Dynasty, Big Will, Ben Legend, USA, Drake Callahan! This is my story. Where will yours go Coberer?!

Titus switches a light on which is behind him to the left. It's now obvious that we're in Titus' home in Keystone City, Kansas. Titus' trophy cabinet is on show with Oscars and replica belts.

Titus: Titus Avison, defeated? Look at this. Four Oscars, an Elite X reign, Lethal Lottery winner and two World title victories. Is this where your story is going Coberer?

The lights go back out, you can no longer see Titus but you can still hear him.

Titus: They want a more ruthless Titus. I hear it all the time “When will you bring a bit of chaos”? I've never brought chaos, and you know what?

The light comes on but this time it is to Titus' right. You can see a trophy cabinet but this time there is nothing in it.

Titus: I won't bring chaos. Don't be disappointed, however, what I will bring them is Mayhem!

The Ouroborus Chronicles: Chapter 2 - The pursuit

Coberer: So, the hoop has been jumped through

A black and white video of Coberer winning the Contract Battle Royale plays

Coberer: And the sideshow was as pointless as I foresaw

The video cuts to Chuck Myles awarding contracts to all six competitors

Coberer: And what passed for a prize had already been won by another.

A smug Justin Cooper is being interviewed about his win in the Gold Rush battle royale

Coberer: But now I am free to focus on my objective.

Static fills the screen, with what could have been Bobby Adams face flashing briefly

Coberer: I did not come to this company for gold or glory. Such trinkets are shiny distractions for weaker minds.

A montage of the current champions plays, ending with Vega holding the Mayhem title aloft.

Coberer: No, my focus is where it has always been, investigating the flaws and limitations of the human condition.

Static fills the screen once more, before the image clears to reveal Doctor Coberer standing in a dimly lit lab holding a snake. Its mouth wide open and its fangs bared.

Coberer: Uniquely among the kingdom of Animalia, many Homo sapiens exhibit a tendency towards actions harmful to their survival. WZCW provides ample opportunities to study those with such undesirable characteristics.

He retrieves a small clear cup with from the table in front of it, piercing its lid with the cobra’s fangs. Once he’s satisfied with the yield he examines the liquid briefly before placing it back on the table and allowing the snake’s mouth to close

Coberer: It is from our strengths that our greatest weaknesses can be obtained. This cup of venom contains enough venom to kill a family. However, from the same cup a perfect cure can be made.

The snake slithers up his arm as he obtains a syringe, drawing up the venom. Once more he looks at the liquid as he slowly removes an air bubble.

Coberer: To perfect this process, much experimentation and refinement took place but now, fewer than one in one thousand bites result in a fatality in this country. My methods must go through the same process before I am ready

He places the syringe carefully down on the table as the screen dissolves into static

Coberer: Titus. We’ve all heard the legends of the great champion.

Titus’ titantron silently plays, providing a highlight reel of the popular showman.

Coberer: Actor...

Rapid fire still images of Titus on the red carpet, on magazine covers and award ceremonies ending with him holding up his fourth and final Oscar.

Coberer: Wrestler...

Short clips of him holding up the the Elite X and World Heavyweight Championship belts interspaced with him hitting the Tit Drop on the likes of Everest and Drake Callahan.

Coberer: Hero...

A montage of Titus’ finest moments as the masked hero of Keystone city plays ending with Red Mask looking upon his city from its highest point.

Coberer: But they are just that. For everything Titus has done to present himself as the incorruptible hero that this company needs is to hide the fact that he’s an insecure…

"Highlights" of Titus’ pursuit of Chris KO play

Coberer:
Self-righteous…

Titus tries in vain to speak to the Pope, as if his fame alone makes him worthy

Coberer: Fool.

Titus pushes past a WZCW doctor to face Celeste Crimson before cutting to him lowing consciousness in the Sea of Aristocracy.

Coberer: Titus has carefully built his own legend to hide his failures as a man. That’s why, when the legend is stripped away he will always fall short. Chris KO was able to expose Titus as what he was that’s why he left him battered and broken at both All or Nothing and Kingdom Come. Like the former White Knight, I see past Titus’ cult of personality. You should have listened to the company doctor, rather than coming to me to get a second opinion.

Yes indeed, the data I shall obtain from Titus will be most useful in preparation for the ‘hero’ of New Hampshire who would place his own childish dream above common sense or abandon his wife in favor of selling his soul to the man who destroyed the last prospect he took an interest in.

The scene returns to the dimly lit lab and the camera zoomed in on Coberer’s face. There’s a blurred object obscuring the view of his left eye.

Coberer:
I’d be doing them a favour.

The object snaps into focus revealing it’s the syringe of venom he extracted earlier before abruptly cutting to black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back