AS 68: GRT Quarter Finals: The Beard vs. Justin Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
AscensionLogo_zpsb7f1c564.jpg

Holy surprises batman. Justin Cooper swooped in out of nowhere and struck gold as he won a House Show battle royal to get a pass into the second round of the Gold Rush Tournament. Now, he'll have to focus on the baddest facial hair in the WZCW as these two men face off in this second-round match-up.

Deadline is Wednesday, September 4th, 11:59 PM Central Time. Extensions via request.

A white van with the WZCW logo drives through an eerie wooded area and as it slowly reaches its destination we see a rundown cabin in the middle of the woods that could be straight out of an Evil Dead remake. The van door swings open and out jumps a camera crew and WZCW very own, Leon Kensworth

Leon Kensworth here for WZCW.com as we are reporting from the Wacky Coral Gun Club here in the middle of nowhere it seems. We are on the lookout for The Beard as he we look to speak to him regarding his 2nd round match this week against the recently returned Justin Cooper. Lets head inside and take a look.

The camera crew follows as Leon creeks the door open. Inside we see what isn’t The Beard’s usual crowd. Biker gangs, ex-con’s, big tattooed dudes, and the likes flutter the establishment as Leon slowly enters and as he makes his way to the front counter, camera crew in tow the place goes silent. Leon can be heard gulping, clearly threatened in the situation as he confronts the owner, a big man with a skull tattooed on the right side of his head, and untamed grey beard that straggles down to his connecting chest hairs. Garnered in a cut and a flannel, Leon looks concerned.

Hi I’m Leon, Leon Kensworth from WZCW. I’m looking for The Beard.

The owner looks around the establishment before spitting a wad of tobacco from his mouth into a nearby spittoon.

Look around boy. We gots lots a guys here with beards. Take ya pick. I just reckon ya chose wisely. Don’t wanna ruin dat pretty suit.

The owner, now standing with Leon straightens his suit and dusts off his shoulders as he places his arm around Leon and waves his hand to show off his wonderful establishment.

Umm sir I’m look for the man who actually goes by The Beard.

The owner doesn’t seem to appreciate Leon’s tone as his grip tightens upon Leon’s shoulder, almost representing that of a nerve hold.

Big fella?

Yup.

With a big beard?

Hence the name.

With an even bigger personality?

I guess you can say that.

A real man’s man?

He is the manliest WZCW has to offer.

Leon feels the conversation is stalling as the owner continues to eyeball him, but suddenly the mood changes as the owner bursts out a howling laugh and slaps Leon across the back.

Well shoot son, why didntcha say so. Beard is out back firing some rounds. Give Eustace a follow and he’ll guide ya right there.

Eustace appears from the corner and startles Leon. The old man with a hunch slowly waves his decrepit hand signaling Leon to follow. The interviewer shrugs his shoulders and tells the camera crew to tag along as the group makes their way through a very narrow hallway. Hanging on the walls are pictures of motorcycles, dead deer, guns, wolves, and other manly things. Finally they reach a door and Eustace disappears through another. Leon and crew open the door as they see Beard on a bench polishing a gun.

Lets do this. Ladies and gentlemen joining me at this time is the man who defeated TSA member Mason Westhoff last week in the 1st round of the Gold Rush tournament and this week he takes on battle royal winner, the controversial Justin Cooper.

Beard seems content ignoring Kensworth as he loads up his gun and fires off a handful of rounds. As the clouds settle and the ears stop ringing and the smell of gunpowder lingers in the air, Leon tries another attempt at getting Beard’s attention.

Beard may I ask why you brought us here this evening?

I brought you hear to give Justin Cooper a dose of his own medicine. You see Leon, I’m doing what Justin Cooper does best.

Which is?

Shooting of course.

Beard fires off another set of rounds as Leon jumps each time, covering his ears.

I think you are mixing up your definitions of shooting Beard.

That’s not the point Leon. See Justin Cooper makes noise shooting off his mouth, well I make noise shooting this. It’s all principle Leon. One way or another to make an impact you gotta make some noise. Justin Cooper many think is all talk. And sure I can see that, but he is a wise man. Maybe the smartest in the business, but he knows what sells and he makes it happen. There’s just one issue Leon.

And what is that?

He’s chasing the wrong belt.

Are you saying Cooper isn’t good enough for the Gold Rush tournament?

Oh contraire Leon. Quite the opposite actually. I’ve never defeated Cooper in our previous encounters. Justin Cooper is plenty good to be a world champion, but his focus is on the EurAsian title. You see it is every superstars dream to be champion, world champion especially. Justin Cooper knows that and he may very well be a world champion someday. However that day isn’t now. See Justin Cooper wants the EurAsian championship, Justin Cooper wants Chris K.O. He doesn’t want The Beard. His mind is set, it is focused, his decision is made whether he knows that or not.

Are you implying that Justin Cooper is underestimating you?

Again you are putting words into my mouth and searching for a controversial headline. Controversy is what Cooper thrives on and he is the best at it, I’m not going to beat him at his own game. He is the master manipulator and a master wordsmith. See Leon, I actually respect Cooper. He has made a name for himself with his mouth and that has got him where he is. He is his own hype man and nobody hypes up Justin Cooper like Justin Cooper.

How do you plan on defeating Cooper, who has all the hype and may be the favorite to win this thing come Ascension?

There it is. That is what I thrive on. People get coined the favorite, yet I just sit in the corner and I’m banished from all the fun. You want a headline Leon, you’re gonna get one. You see I’m someone you don’t want to fuck with.

Beard, you can’t use that vul-

Usually I’d apologize and say I got carried away Leon, but you wanted it and you got it. I not only defeated Grizzly Bob at Kingdom Come, I defeated a freaking bear Leon. And last week I defeated one of TSA's top guys in Westhoff. I am the manliest man in wrestling and this week I am the man that is going to end the hype. And when it is all said and done and the smoke clears you'll see that I am the man that is going to be the next world champion.

This is a new side of you Beard, a more confident side that we aren’t use to seeing.

With wins comes confidence and with confidence comes attitude. The mountain is this high Leon and I’m only partway there. The world of wrestling it’s a jungle, man. And right now I’m the king of that jungle, I am the lion. Mason Westhoff was the prey last week. This week I sit atop my throne and look off into the distant jungle and I see blood trickling down the leaves Leon. Do you know whose blood it is Leon?

Leon shakes his head as The Beard continues to paint a vivid picture for the WZCW.com crew

That blood belongs to Justin Cooper.

I think we got it Beard, than-

Beard grabs the mic from Leon, cutting him off. Beard holds up one finger letting the camera know he has one more thing on his mind before cutting the interview off.

Word of advice, if you stand in the way of a lion you will hear his roar. Justin Cooper you aren’t at fault, I’m not trying to single you out, but you’re in my way and come Ascension you will hear my roar. Fear the beard.

Beard drops the mic as he walks away towards the lodge. Leon is hesitant as he bends down to grab the mic before looking off into the woods as sees Beard conversing with no other than Ezekiel Hewitt.. Kensworth whispers to his camera crew as he looks on trying not to be spotted.

Guys try and catch what they are saying.

The camera crew zooms in and tries to pick up the conversation as the screen is fuzzy from the zoom.

Have you considered my offer?

Beard runs his hands through his sweaty hair and latches onto his beard before turning around to leave, but Zeke grabs onto his arm and pulls him back. Beard is frustrated as he raises his hand towards Zeke, but the elder beardsman shakes his head as Beard lowers his hand.

I…I need more time.

The clock is ticking.

Beard wanders off and pounds his hand against a nearby tree, splitting the bark as he disappears into the distance. Zeke smiles on and nods his head in approval before turning his head and spotting Leon and his crew. They are startled as Zeke slowly walks towards them yelling at them. The camera becomes shaky as we see Hemsworth’s feet at a fast speed as he and the crew attempt to escape as the camera falls to the ground, shutting off the film. All that can be heard is gravel spitting up into the air and a very angry Ezekiel Hewitt shouting in the distance.

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” - Albert Einstein​

Iris’ head rested against the cold brick wall as the moon beamed down from the night sky. The smell of the freshly rolled cigarette poisoned the air of the night and corrupted the purity that was there. Iris had much more important things on his mind on this night; he was focused.

Iris: You told me ten o’clock.

Cooper: I was busy, had to see our friend Vance about something important.

Iris would once ask what was so important that Justin was late to their meeting point. Those days had long gone. Questions would go unanswered and asking them would only leave time wasted. Times had changed and Iris didn’t like it.

Iris: We’ve got a lot to talk about regarding this tournament you’re in.

Cooper: You should know I don’t care about this tournament. It’s a secondary quest to a much bigger picture that I have.

Iris: When are you going to stop focusing on him and just move on? We have the biggest opportunity of our career right in front of us. You’re the favourite for this match and you’re happy to just piss it all away because of some vendetta you have against someone.

Truth.

That’s what Iris was speaking on this night. Frustration had been building for weeks between the two men. Cooper had made it clear that this tournament meant very little to him in the long run because that gold was not the gold he wished to possess. Iris wasn’t sure if it was greed or just stupidity that clouded the judgment of his client. It really didn’t matter to him because either way a major chance to glory was going down the drain.

Iris: It’s frustrating to see you just throw these chances down the drain after all we had to go through to get it. At least show up and fight Beard like you’ve signed the contract to do. Don’t just walk away from the fight because you’d rather take on someone else.

Cooper lowered his head and was listening to everything Iris had to say. He was passionate, something that was rare from Iris and something that Cooper hadn’t seen for a long time. While most of his words were heartfelt, some were more selfish. It was those selfish words that Cooper focused on while the heartfelt ones went straight over his head.

Cooper: What we had to do? I must have forgotten the part where you entered the Gold Rush wildcard match and then defeated Garth Black on return. It seems to be a lot of ‘we did this’ and ‘we did that’ but not much mention of ‘Justin did that.’ I did it myself and if I wish to throw this tournament than that’s exactly what I’m going to do.

A strong gust of wind sends Bateman’s office window flying open with a loud bang that echoes throughout the room. Even though it was only 4pm, Bateman rested his head against the table and slept after a long day of work. As he lifted his head off the cold wooden desk and wiped his mouth, Bateman began to open his eyes.

Cooper: Nice sleep?

Bateman was only just coming out of his sleep so he wasn’t the most sensible person at this time. He raised his fist and prepared for battle against the intruder.

Bateman: Who is it? I’ll have security up here anytime now!

These threats were nothing to Justin Cooper. He just laughed as Vance rubbed his eyes and began to realise where he was and who was standing in the office.

Cooper: I come as a friend and I come bringing a gift.

From Cooper’s left hand he placed a small glass of whiskey onto the desk of Vance Bateman.

Cooper: Please, it’s my gift to you for all the help you’ve given me over the past couple of days.

Before Bateman even touched the glass of whiskey he had a few questions to ask and he needed answers.

Bateman: How’d you get in here without security stopping you? How long have you been standing there? The hell do you want?

So many questions and once again the most powerful weapon of them all. Tonight was not question night for Vance Bateman though; much more important things were on task.

Cooper: Do you know what they say about insanity, Vance?

Apparently not as Bateman looked puzzled. He reached out and grabbed the glass of whiskey, taking a sip before leaning back in his chair.

Bateman: That insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

Clap.

Cooper: Correct. That’s one star for you.

Bateman: What’s this got to do with me?

Cooper: Once again I’ve been pushed away from my request to challenge the company man that dances around this establishment taunting me every chance he gets. Instead you’ve given me The Beard to face this week. Someone I’ve defeated twice in the past and hold a record of 2-0 against him.

Bateman interrupts as Cooper pauses.

Bateman: He’s not the same guy you fought those other two times. He’s stepped up and become a strong talent and he’s on a roll since Kingdom Come. Don’t count him out of this match just because you’ve beaten him in the past.

Cooper: I’m not doing any such thing. In fact, I’m doing the opposite of that. I welcome the challenge of The Beard to attempt to prove that he is normal like the rest of us. My fear is that should he lose than he’ll be truly insane. 3-0 against the same guy, that’s reaching Johnny Scumm levels of insanity. I’d have no problem being the cause of this man’s mental breakdown though.

Bateman: Of course not.

Cooper: I told you last week, I’m a villain.

Iris: So that’s it?

Cooper: Pretty much.

Iris: You’re out?

Cooper: I’m out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members