AS 68: Dustin Hunter vs. James Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
AscensionLogo_zpsb7f1c564.jpg

One man was on the receiving-end of The Sword from Chris K.O. while the other tried to take him out. This match is shrouded in shadows as Dustin Hunter gets set to take on the man that the EurAsian Champion dubs as the next big thing. Can Howard rebound off of his devastating tournament loss to his former friend, Ricky Runn, or will the pressure and mysterious actions of his former tag-team partner, Mikey Stormrage, be too much for him to bear?

Deadline is Wednesday, September 4th, 11:59 PM Central Time. Extensions via request.

August 25th, 2013 11:00 PM
Wells Fargo Arena, Phoenix, Arizona

The cameras catch up with Dustin Hunter as he runs backstage after his main event match tonight on Aftershock with Chris KO against S.H.I.T. and Jimmy Flynn, where he tried to take out Chris KO with his ringmaster cane. Hunter cuts off many backstage workers as he sprints down a hallway. Hunter finally reaches an empty dark hallway. He stops running as he looks behind him and sees nobody. He turns back around and as soon as he does, he gets SLAMMED into the wall! The cameras turn their focus and we can see its EurAsian Champion, Chris KO who has the ringmaster cane that Dustin left at ringside up against the throat of Hunter to keep him against the wall.

Chris: Forget something out there?

Dustin struggles as he tries to get away but Chris has him trapped against the wall. He pushes down harder on the cane, causing Dustin to gasp for air.

Chris: How DARE you attempt to take ME out! If it wasn't for me you wouldn't have won that match! Why'd you do it?

Chris finally moves the cane away from his throat as Dustin collapses to the ground, holding his throat in pain. He looks up at Chris KO, hatred filling his eyes but he knows now is not the time to attempt to fight back when Chris has his weapon.

Chris: Well? I'm waiting!

Dustin gets back to his feet as Chris is glaring at him, ready to fight in case Dustin tries anything.

Dustin: Look, it was nothing personal. I answer to a higher power and he told me to take you out.

Chris looks confused as Dustin dives for the cane, but Chris sidesteps to make him miss.

Dustin: Give me that back! You can't just take my personal property!

Chris: You can have it back if you agree to take me to this higher power.

Dustin laughs at this statement before shaking his head no.

Dustin: Who the hell do you think you are? You can't just force me to take you to the higher power!

Chris chuckles to himself as he takes a step towards Hunter and grabs him by the neck and holds him against the wall.

Chris: I think I'm the man who just took out Jimmy Flynn days after I took out Titus at Kingdom Come! I'm also the guy who could do the same damn thing to you now if you don't take me to this higher power! So what's it gonna be? Am I gonna have to choke the life out of you or are you going to take me to this "higher power" you speak of?

Chris squeezes his hand around the throat as Dustin begins to gasp for air, that is until he uses all his strength to shove Chris KO away from him.

Dustin: You really wanna see him that bad? Fine. But if he takes you out himself, it's your own fault. He'll be at The Clarendon Hotel tomorrow. You can come see him then in room 225. Until then get out of my face and give me back my weapon.

Dustin reaches for the deadly weapon, but Chris pulls it away from him.

Chris: Nuh-uh. Not until I meet this higher power.

Dustin walks away with towards his locker room, while Chris KO has an evil smirk on his face as the scene fades out.

August 26th, 2013 1:00 PM
The Clarendon Hotel, Phoenix, Arizona

We see Dustin Hunter and his manager, Katie Silva walking through the 2nd floor hallway of the hotel towards room 225. They know Azazel will be waiting for them once they get there. They reach the door of the room and Dustin lets out takes a deep breath before pushing the door open, as soon as he does, Azazel jump up from a chair as Katie follows Dustin into the room and she closes the door behind her as Azazel claps for the two of them.

Azazel: Well done, you may not have taken out Chris KO but you won the match at least and that's a step in the right direction!

Dustin: Yeah I guess. I mean I didn't even get the pin.

Azazel: Well that could have made it better. But don't worry cause next round you get to face James Howard on Ascension! Adding him to the list of people you've taken out will be huge!

Dustin: Yeah, if I manage to do it.

Azazel: Something seems...off with you today. What's wrong?

Before Dustin can answer however, the door flies open and in walks Chris KO into the room and he charges towards Azazel with the cane he stole from Dustin last night in hand as he slams the skull of Azazel off a nearby dresser. Chris now stands over Azazel with Hunter's cane held in his right hand as Azazel looks up and has a look of anger and a bit of fear in his eyes.

Chris: Look I don't know who you are and I don't care but you made a huge mistake when you sent Hunter after me!

Azazel: You may not know who I am, but I know who you are Christopher. I do not fear you and if you're not careful, I'll take you out right where you stand.

Chris laughs and drops the cane before punching Azazel right in the jaw and pulling him up off the dresser and slamming him against the wall. Azazel tries to get away but Chris grabs the ringmaster cane and presses it as hard as he can into the throat of Azazel, which causes Dustin to shutter as he remembers this scene all to well from yesterday.

Chris: You know, I hate people who manipulate the minds of others. I don't know why you wanted to target me but I'm putting an end to it now. I want you to release Hunter from whatever agreement he made with you.

Azazel laughs and spits out the word "no" while gasping for air as Chris keeps the cane against his throat.

Chris: You seem to be interested in the affairs of the WZCW superstars seeing as you grasped control of one of them. So, I can only assume that you have great knowledge of everyone in the company. Which means surely you have seen my work.

Chris takes the cane off his throat but holds it in his hand ready to strike should Azazel attempt anything. Azazel however can tell Chris KO is very serious so he pulls a small scroll out of his pocket and hands it over to Chris after glaring at Hunter who is doing nothing to stop this from happening. Chris takes it then looks around the room before spotting Katie, who is in total shock as she stands next to Hunter.

Chris: Her contract. I want that too.

Azazel: Absolutely not! She was the first person to come under contract with me and the best one yet! You may have destroyed Ty Burna and Titus but that's not enough to get you the contract of Kaitlin!

Chris looks back at Dustin and Katie again and it seems something flashes before his eyes.

Chris: Hunter, do you like her?

Dustin: In what way?

Chris: Just answer the question!

Dustin: Yes.

Chris turns back around as Azazel tries to sneak away, but Chris slams the ringmaster cane down across his back to take him down! Chris rolls Azazel over on to his back then drives the spike on the cane into Azazel's skull which causes him to bleed! Chris however isn't done there and drives the spike into his skull three more times before throwing the cane down and dragging Azazel to his feet who is held against the wall again.

Chris: Hand over the contract now if you don't wanna die today.

Azazel has a crimson mask as he slowly pulls a second scroll out of his pocket and hands it to Chris, who holds them out in front of himself as if to tease keeping the scrolls for himself and Hunter is shocked, until Chris ends up tossing him the scrolls and it seems Chris is evil, but not evil enough to keep the scrolls for himself.

Chris: Little advice for you Hunter. Don't sell your soul away again, I won't always be there to save the day.

Chris drops Azazel to the ground then leaves the room after wiping the dripping blood off his hands as Dustin and Katie look down at Azazel, who is no longer in possession of their souls and he looks up at them with sorrow in his eyes and blood covering his face as Dustin and Katie look down at him as he looks at them with sorrow in his eyes and blood just dripping off his face.

Azazel: Hunter..please?

Dustin looks at Azazel and hesitates about what to do before looking at Katie, who is still in shock over everything that has happened today. Dustin then lifts up the scrolls and rips them up into a million pieces before throwing the little pieces on the floor in unrepairable shreds and walking towards the exit of the room with Katie, who stops dead in her tracks as Dustin walks out the door but stops when he realizes Katie is still in the room.

Azazel: KAIYLIN!!! DON'T LEAVE!

Katie looks back at Azazel who is on his knees from the amount of blood loss as Katie stares at him while he gives her a look of pity and sorrow but Katie doesn't stay and ends up walking out of the room and slamming the door shut behind her leaving Azazel on his own in the dark room without anybody left to control as the scene fades out to the parking lot of the hotel where Dustin is pacing near the dumpsters and Katie sits on the edge of the sidewalk, watching him.

Dustin: Garbage. All they have ever thought of me is garbage. Well, no more!

Dustin now punches the dumpster and keeps pacing.

Dustin: To think I trusted Azazel and what did he do to repay that? He forced me to take out Brent Blaze, a man I considered my friend. Sure I also got my first win while under contract with him but at what price? I really am alone in this world aren't I?

Dustin stops pacing and leans against the dumpster as he begins to think everything of the past few months over.

Dustin: For the first time in my career I really feel like a free man, for months I've been a puppet for an evil man who just wanted me to execute his personal hit list. Of course now I have to pay him back. But how?

Dustin now crouches down near the dumpster and clutches his head after running his hands through his hair in madness.

Dustin: How? How? How can I repay him?

Dustin suddenly gets an idea as he slowly rises up to his feet and has an evil grin cross his face as he thinks back to last week on Aftershock.

We cut backstage and we see Dustin Hunter opening a locker inside of a locker room. Suddenly, someone grabs him on his shoulder from behind and flips him around. His back gets pressed hard against the lockers as someone grabs his chin firmly. Hunter tries to resist, but it is no use. The camera slowly reveals who it is. It is none other than the WZCW EurAsian Champion, Chris K.O.

Chris: Tell me Hunter, did you see what happened on Ascension?

No response from Hunter. Chris pulls Hunter off of the locker a little bit and then pushes him back against it.

Chris: HUH?!!

Hunter: Yes! What you did Howard, Right?

Chris eases up a little bit, but still keeps hold of Hunter's chin.

Chris: That's right Hunter. You see, the other day when Bateman told me that we were going to be partners; he told me that you might be the next me. You see Hunter, that bothered me. Because if someone like you can be the next me, then that would make me the next Titus. And I don't want to be Titus.

Chris pauses for a moment as he looks coldly at Hunter.

Chris: So, I sat and I thought about it. And then I decided, you're not good enough to be the next me.

Chris releases Hunter from his grasp as Hunter rubs his chin.

Chris: That's why I went after Howard, Hunter. Because he has all the skills to become my greatest threat. So, don't worry. We're going to out there tonight and I'm going to give you the biggest win of your career. Don't worry about having to watch your back, kid.

Chris playfully pats Hunter's chest, who still looks slightly defensive.

Chris: And then, you're going to fall right back into obscurity.

Chris sports a cocky smile.

Chris: See you out there tonight, partner.

Chris exits off-camera. Hunter begins to get really red in the face as he turns around and punches a dent into one of the lockers. He grits his teeth furiously as he swings open his own locker and reaches inside of it. He pulls out his Ringmaster Cane. The camera gets a shot from down below as Hunter's bangs shadow over his face. He stares at the cane.

Hunter: Yeah, I'll see you out there tonight, partner.

The camera slowly fades to black on Hunter's twisted face.

Dustin: Of course! I'm facing James Howard this week on Ascension and Howard looks like he'll be the next challenger for Chris KO! It's simple isn't it? All I have to do is take out James Howard! That'll prove to Chris KO who the real threat to him is!

Dustin grins as he stomps his foot and then begins to pace again.

Dustin: James Howard is one of the most successful tag team wrestlers WZCW has ever seen, but last week when he was alone in singles action he couldn't even beat Ricky Runn, Ricky freaking Runn!

Dustin has a bead of sweat drip down his face from being out in the hot sun so long and he wipes his brow and keeps pacing.

Dustin: James Howard, don't you see it? Don't you see that I must take you out on Ascension? I'm indebted to Chris KO which means I must repay him. I'm going to take you out of action just like The Sacrificial Altar did so many months ago, Except you won't come back from this injury.

Dustin stops pacing and comes in real close to the camera.

Dustin: They all think your the next big breakout star in this company don't they? They think I'll be a jobber forever and only pick up a few wins before I call it quits! Well, they're wrong! They're all wrong! James Howard, this week on Ascension not only will I take you out to pay back Chris KO, but I'll also take you out to prove to you and the rest of the world why I'm the next big thing in this company!

Dustin chuckles as he backs up into the shadows from the side of the hotel.

Dustin: A debt is owed, so a price will be paid.

Dustin now slowly slides down to the ground and sits on the hard ground and rocks back and forth and all that can be heard is Hunter's evil laugh as he scene fades out.

Wood and splinters cascaded across the room as I made my way backstage, punching a cheap plywood sign as I went. I had thought that after losing at Kingdom Come I would have been able to fly below the radar during the tournament and make a name for myself there.

Evidently I was wrong. Chris KO taught me a valuable lesson tonight. No matter how low things get there’s always someone willing to kick you. As I wandered backstage I caught a glimpse of Ricky Runn, he was celebrating. I grabbed my bag and left; I had booked into a hotel but after the disappointment of missing Mikey on Meltdown and then KO screwing me on Ascension I decided it was time to go home.

The flight was awful. But it was good for one thing, a new goal. KO might have denied me my chance at the world title but he had the next best thing, The Eurasian Championship. It wasn’t the big prize but that could wait, let Showtime, Drake, Holmes and whichever poor sap wins the tournament all scramble for that gold. I don’t care right now. I want to be the face of the Eurasian title. I want to be mentioned in the same breath as Black Dragon and Rush.

Chris KO had decided that I was his next target? Bring him on. What did I have to fear? I wouldn’t lose stature if he beat me. All I could do was gain.

By the time I arrived home I had received a message from Vance, my opponent for Ascension Sixty-eight was Dustin Hunter. A few days later, before I had time to collect my thoughts after breakfast, I got a call. Leon was in town and wanted to meet with me, I made my way to the diner just out of town. The last place Mikey and I went to before the cathedral.

I found Kensworth sitting at a table, alone. He was drinking something from a paper cup. Given the steam and the fact that he’s an American I figured it was coffee. I sat down across from him and ordered an English Breakfast tea, extra milk.

“So, where are the cameras?” I said as I leaned forward.

“Oh” Leon replied with a lengthy pause. “This isn’t business, at least not entirely.”

“Never thought you were the type of guy to make social calls.”

“I’m not.” Leon sighed as his shoulders drooped a little. “It’s about Mikey.”

“What about him? He doesn’t want to see me Leon his vanishing act at Meltdown proved as much. There’s no point chasing him.”

“Isn’t there? This is a guy who not two damn weeks ago was walking to the ring in a loud t-shirt. Now he’s wearing a goddamn mask and disappearing right after his matches.”

I chuckled. “You’re right, you don’t make social visits. If you did you’d know exactly what I mean, he’s not a kid he’s a grown damn man and he’s not killing himself. Hell he might yet win the whole damn tournament.”

“So what, unless he’s on the verge of slashing his wrists you don’t care?”

“Not at all, but unless he’s on the verge of doing something like that there is no point chasing him. We don’t need to chase him and take away his shoe-laces. He has issues and he needs to work through them, when he’s ready to come back he’ll come back. Besides, I have other things to worry about.”

“Chris KO?”

“I was going to say my wife and son but yeah, let’s go with Chris KO. That son of a bitch comes out and denies me my big opportunity and for what? He gained nothing other than an enemy. He claims he took me out because he sees me as a threat and you know what the oddest thing is?” I paused briefly as Leon sipped his drink. I waved at the waitress as I spoke when I realized that my drink was yet to arrive.

“The oddest thing is that.” My drink finally arrived accompanied by an apology. “Thanks. The oddest thing is that I didn’t want to fight KO. I respect the guy grudgingly. He was the man who beat Ty Burna, he was the man who knocked Titus out in an I Quit match. Chris KO is a guy I would have been quite happy to leave be.”

I took an extremely large drink from my tea.

“And then I find out that this week I’m taking on his protégé, next week on Ascension it’s James Howard vs Dustin Hunter. A man whose anger got him fired from MMA taking on a guy who listens to a drunk hobo-carny clown and a guy with a god complex so profound he came out to the ring wearing a white helmet and calling himself a king. Hunter can go, and with KO behind him I’d be a fool to underestimate him but he is in the wrong place at the wrong time and when I get into that ring next Sunday Leon he’d better hope KO is a god-like as he thinks he is, because it is that level of divine intervention he’s going to need. It wouldn’t matter if it were Showtime, Stormrage or Saboteur.”

My voice had had a steady crescendo as I finished my drink and stood in the diner before yelling.

“I’m as mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore.”

I dropped $5 on the table and left. Leon turned in his chair and watched me leave before turning to the security camera behind him.

“Did you get that?”

Leon smiled as he removed his ear-piece. He paid the waitress $100 and left the diner as my car drove out of the car park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back